Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
K
K
Originally Posted By: Snow White

Tomorrow is daddy and D day, I am going with 2 girlfriends to see "He's just not that into you" I read the book its a pretty good laugh.
Would you mind posting about the movie after you see it? I read another book by him, they call it a breakup b/c it's broken and that one was funny too. Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
S
OP Offline
S
Its just funny the way the he writes since it is from a guys perspective and the way he discusses how we women do things like play the answering machine message for each girlfriend to see her take on how he sounds and if he means what he is saying.

Me~34
H~38
D6.5

EA/PA-DEC.07

Moved out~Apr.13,08
Sep. Papers~Dec.7,08
No contact order ~Dec.9,08 and again October 13, 2009
S
OP Offline
S
My computer has a virus. Not just any virus. Every website I go on has side and top ads for penis elargement. Just what a lonely LBS needs!

Sometimes you just have to laugh.

Me~34
H~38
D6.5

EA/PA-DEC.07

Moved out~Apr.13,08
Sep. Papers~Dec.7,08
H
H
What kind of sites you visiting?

Hope4us

Me - 49, W 49
S22 & S18
Dday 9/4/07
W claims NC 4/7/08
8/29/09 - Divorce Busted. Lots to work through, but we're going to make it.
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Hope4us
What kind of sites you visiting?

Actually, I think I got it trying to download a free version of For Women Only - because I couldnt get it in the book stores around here and on amazon it kept saying invalid state even though it let me pick the correct country.

Anyways, I'm all clean now! \:\)

Me~34
H~38
D6.5

EA/PA-DEC.07

Moved out~Apr.13,08
Sep. Papers~Dec.7,08
H
H
Do you use Internet Explorer? I've found since I switched to Firefox that I don't have any trouble with pop up ad's, etc.

It's a free download and it's a great web browser. I would strongly recommend it to anyone who has trouble with ad ware/pop up's etc.

Hope4us

Me - 49, W 49
S22 & S18
Dday 9/4/07
W claims NC 4/7/08
8/29/09 - Divorce Busted. Lots to work through, but we're going to make it.
M
M
Yeah, Firefox is SO much better.

All the hacker crap is targeted at IE, Firefox has better security and cooler features anyways.

Another good one is Opera.

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
S
OP Offline
S
Well I just got back from my movie. I thought it was great. The first five minutes were priceless and mostly quoting different things in the book where it focused in on woman after woman giving advice to her friends like "He really likes you he is just intimidated." Or "He really likes you he is just getting out of a relationship" or the opposite "He really likes you but has never been in a serious relationship" All stemming from the very first instance we get of this from our mothers where the little girl on the playground gets pushed and bullied by a little boy only to be told by her mother, "He must have a crush on you"

There was a big section dealing with infidelity and I could see my married friend peeking over at me now and then getting uncomfortable. But it is what it is!

I have received 3 e-mails from my husband tonight which are part of the therapy he is taking. One listing things he is sorry for. One listing his happiest moments. And one listing what he finds valuable about me(not sure how this is part of his individual therapy)

They are breaking my heart. I do not understand why this had to come after the final breath was taken from our marriage.

Me~34
H~38
D6.5

EA/PA-DEC.07

Moved out~Apr.13,08
Sep. Papers~Dec.7,08
S
OP Offline
S
I had my interview today. I think it went well, 5 hours is very long but I am glad it is over.

I also met with the lawyer today and signed everything for my new mortgage. H is to sign tomorrow morning and I will have officialy bought the house from us. I am sad. I am relieved because it has been a financial struggle to pay the debt and the house together and this will be easier but it is just one more chapter coming to an end.

H doesn't know yet that I met with the lawyer today, just that he needs to meet tomorrow. I contacted him to ask if he wanted to have dinner tonight. I am just sad and know that he is sad and asked if he wanted to have dinner after D's skating. I hope it is not unfair or misleading to him to do that.

Me~34
H~38
D6.5

EA/PA-DEC.07

Moved out~Apr.13,08
Sep. Papers~Dec.7,08
K
K
Hey, I know it is sad. It is something coming to an end. But it is also a new beginning. You have taken control of the situation and are handling it. No one could ask for more. A fresh start.

Several of us are at that point it seems, for some of us the end was a bit more drastic(yes me). I think it is a little scary but exciting too. Starting out on your own. In a way it feels like moving out on my own for the first time except I have these four little people calling me Mom!! (Don't tell S16 I said little people, he thinks I am calling him short! lol)

We are going to be awesome. We may stumble everynow and then but we are also here to help each other up. I hope you get your job. That would be icing on the cake. Good luck!

Hugs, kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard