Next Thread
Print Thread
#1644941 11/10/08 07:43 PM
F
fish823 Offline OP
OP Offline
F
To my fellow DBers

As many of you know, my ex and I separated about 1 year ago and our divorce was final in August. I was living with a girl from March - July and that relationship ended because I was on "5" and she was on "10." After that ended I started dating, but never felt "chemistry" with anyone.

I recently started dating a new girl and the chemistry is off the charts! Wow... I have not had these kind of feelings in a really long time. It's amazing how you can connect with some women but not others. All of the girls I dated were very attractive and really nice, but this one really gets me going. You know those crazy feelings that you get inside.

The good news is that it is mutual.

We are taking things slow as we are both coming off divorces and have children, but it truly is amazing when you discover that undesribable connection with someone. Very powerful stuff.

It has also put me in a mode where I am now really happy that I got divorced! My ex and I had a relationship that was so broken, there really was no turning back. It's nice to know that there are some fantastic people out there that may be a better fit for us.

No one knows what the future holds, but this moment feels really nice and well deserved.

W
W
Fish, on your last thread you mentioned this girl on November 3 which was your first date and it is now November 10 and she is the girl of your dreams. Hmm, your last dream R ended in July, which was about 3 months ago. What the heck have you learned in the last year? You're back to thinking with the wrong head again. Fish, it's OK to be alone for awhile, I just wish you'd give it a go. Find Fish and the rest will follow! If you keep looking for another woman fix to take care of your pain, then the pain will just keep on throbbing. Good luck to ya!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
M
M
"Those feelings" are important, but they are near the bottom of the list in importance compared to so many other things.

How about:
- intellectual compatibility - are you way smarter (or way dumber) than her?
- emotional compatibility - have you been through hard times with her to see how each of you react?
- finances - is she way richer, or way poorer than you? Red flag.
- why is SHE getting divorced?
- spritual compatibility - are either one of you religious and the other one not? Or different religions?
- do you know, beyond a doubt, that each of you would walk through fire for the other?

Have you had heart to heart talks on the above?

If the answer is "yes", that you are fairly compatible on the above, or at least can disagree without jeopardizing the relationship, then "chemistry" becomes important.

But basing a relationship on chemistry or butterflies in the stomach, or thinking she's the hottest piece you've ever had, is doomed to failure.

Take it slow, easy and smart. THERE IS NO RUSH.

Me: 54
Her: 50 and sexy as hell
M: 32yrs
T: 34yrs
Bomb: Sept 26-07 "lost our emotional connection"
Bomb 2: Dec 25-07 she's "not feeling desire"
She asked if she could come home Apr 26-08!
Everything's GREAT!

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard