Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#81387 02/10/02 05:00 AM
Wow Michele, I can't believe how much time and effort you put into trying to keep up here as well as everything else. You are wonderful:)

I have a question...just read up to step 6 in DR...I am amazed at how much fits really. I am liking that.

Before I even discovered this site I was doing 180's on H...glad to find out that I figured out how to start fixing it without really knowing I had.

He walked out 5 weeks ago saying he needed time and space to think (he is 27 in crisis I think). Problem is, he stayed with his exg/f from 10 years ago...he broke up with her to be with me at the time...a LONG time ago. Sigh.

I feel that it is going to be harder because it is someone from his past that he had a previous relationship with..kwim? Though he has already shown me signs of a lot of indecision and wanting to talk to me on the phone about small stuff in his life as well.

Is there anything else I can do? I am taking care of myself, bought some makeup (going one step at a time there, don't want to seem obvious), new hair doo, nice new outfit I try to wear from time to time around him...doing nice little things...

They seem to catch him off guard and he gives me a sad, longing look. I have never even talked down the OW to him because I know that he is very protective of her (she has a birth defect and is - without sounding mean - not very desirable to most I think). Part of me worries that part of what he is doing with her now is because he feels guilt that he broke off with her in the first place. She has had no long term meaningful relationship with anyone since him...

He is already getting dd involved though...she is only 8...told her that he is involved with OW and he wants dd to stay overnight. Actually is picking her up with OW tomorrow for a lunch date. Ugh.

Do you have any past clients with that kind of long lost relationship from the past and any extra advice as to how to handle it?

Thanks so much...your fan forever now (just can't stop going on about this and you and your site to my friends. LOL)
(((hugs)))
iffer

(Intro post)

http://66.111.66.234/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=24;t=005560

(Amost disaster post..stupid me. LOL)

http://66.111.66.234/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=24;t=005571

Remember...everything happens for a reason
#81388 02/16/02 10:56 PM
Hey SG...disengage. You can always go back later. Sometimes I just quote a goofy movie line and TS can't help but laugh. But usually it's just disengaging...and later being clear that we can't do that stuff. It's too destructive.

Sounds to me like it's a good way to hold your attention? That and she is your daughter you lil spitfire. You expected something different;)?

Phoenix #2586080 07/08/15 07:55 PM
C
C
Bumping this up - although I dont think Michelle will answer this anymore, you can read what she has written in the past.

Me-70, D37,S36
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard