Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Good Morning Friends!

Ahhhhh.... Saturday. And for once - I have no big plans. Sure, I have a million things I'd like to get done, but nothing I HAVE to do. That's a miracle!

I am so enjoying reading your uplifting posts. I wish everyone on DB would come here and read. They need to know that their lives won't always be in a holding pattern. They need to know that the gut wrenching horror they are going through, that actually physical pain in the heart will subside. No, life will never be the same again but it is not all doom and gloom. Change can be wonderful. I was terrified of the changes I faced. But not anymore. I am happy once again, just as so many of you over here on the "Surviving" side are as well.

My son, Brandon arrived last night to spend the weekend. It looked at first as though it might just be him and I spending Thanksgiving dinner together on Mon (Canadian holiday). So I opted for a restaurant since I'll just be getting back from Toronto where I'm having turkey dinner on Sun with Josh's family. Here in Canada, we celebrate the whole w/e and many have the dinner the day before the real Thanksgiving. But my sis, who is in California this w/e mentioned that she would be getting back in time for dinner on Mon and planned to go for dinner with her kids and our brother. So, we are all going together. Likely dad is free to join us. And Ash will be back in time. So it seems 12 of us will be dining out together. That's a miracle!

Another perfect day here in Niagara. Sun shining across the park. Not a cloud in the sky. Rare I am not on the cottage for this w/e but whenever I would go it would be very cold and rainy. Lucky for the others I stayed home - LOL!

So, I hope to recarpet my latest dollhouse and do some painting of it. Hope to reorganize my closet. It has been in the works but to date - unfinished. I am donating clothes I have not worn in a while. I think there will be nothing left from my "Married" days when I'm done. And that's not a bad thing.

So, taking an easy day and glad of it. What are you doing this w/e?

Barb

H
H
Good morning Barb,

It's rainy here in SC today, but I have lots to keep me occupied inside, so it's not too bad.

Jack is in from college this weekend and has Monday off. When he's home, there are twice as many teens in the house at one time. I love having them here though even if I do have to buy more food and run the dishwasher all the time.

I hope your Thanksgiving dinners turn out great. The key is to spend them with family and enjoy one another. But if I had to go through them for an entire weekend, I'd gain back what I've lost over the last two months. I'm glad that's not an American tradition.

Enjoy the family this weekend Barb.

K
K
Ohhh yummm can I come back w/ Leenie for your T.day? LOL
so she opens her suitcase and there i am.

Sounds great Barb!! your right too, it would be nice if others knew life does go on, but like C2 said sometimes that falls on death ears, you dont want to hear that , i know i didnt , just wanted someone to tell me how to get my ex back!!! boy am i glad no one had a answer for that , cause I am happier now!!

we are doing some major cleaning in the garage- even rented a big dumpster and have guests coming Sun.so a lil work, a lil fun

Have a great one!
hi Happy!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

P
P
Happy Thanksgiving Barb! I'm thankful for your sunshiney threads, for one thing!

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about creating yourself
My thread: Trusting God's Plan
OP Offline
Hey friends!

Great to see your posts!

Today I am off to Toronto for Thanksgiving with Josh's family. So what am I thankful for?

3 beautiful children!
Ryan is doing the best he has in years. This year we got his elevator put in and just hired a new worker, a guy, who is working out great!

Brandon is happy in Toronto with his own place and his job. Has lots of friends there but still gets in visits here and at the cottage. A son to be proud of.

Ashley is safe after some trials this year. She is working on that college degree (SLOWLY) but has a good spirit and is making plans for herself.

Josh is a dream come true for me in many ways. My Knight in shining armour. Finally meeting his family, their ready acceptance of me and our plans as we travel the globe are what I've always wanted.

The home and cottage are fantastic. I am so very lucky. Not a day goes by in either place that I don't remind myself how fortunate I am to have such wonderful homes. The work I did on them this year has been most rewarding.

My "semi-retirement" is wonderful too. Still own the place so make some $ but have more free time to enjoy my hobbies and friends.

My pets - Belushi and Tango are just so sweet and cuddly. Fill my heart with love.

And life goes on. Think of ex less and less over time. And I'm thankful for that.

I am grateful for so much.

Happy Thanksgiving Canadian friends! Happy Columbus Day to my U.S. buds.

Barb

S
S
Hi Barb,

YES, Happy Thanksgiving to you.

I have read this thread and it has uplifted my spirit. I see that there are many things to be happy for. I will try harder to seek them out and concentrate on them more. I will try to stop dwelling on what was. What was is gone and what is...is now.

Now brings with it a wonderful son who is my pride and joy and I love him so very much. I have a beautiful home that is cozy and warm. I have great friends who care so very much about us.
I have a gorgeous Golden Retriever named Tucker who follows me everywhere either in action or with his eyes. He is my friend.
I am sure if I look around there is plenty more to be thankful for. As far as miracles go....I know they are out there everywhere....I have to be willing to see them.

Thank you so much for the eye-opening topic.

I appreciate the words you write.

Sanderika

ME48/H48MLC
T 33y
M 28y
S16
OW 8/7/05
Bomb 8/16/05
Sep 9/05
H f'd D 10/3/08
D pp'd 1/20/09,7/24/09,12/4/09
D dismissed 2/5/10
H served me D papers again 9/4/10
D dismissed 9/26/11
OP Offline
Sanderika,

Your post here today is a gift to me. I try to reach out to people who are struggling, just as I was 7 years ago. I try to make a difference. And you are a special woman. One I hope my posts do help.

I think you've turned a corner. When you can focus less on what you had and more on what you have - that is a big step forward.

We can't control the actions of others, spouses included. We can only do our best as people and as parents. The rest may or may not work out. But regardless, God only gave us one life. And it was for us to appreciate and enjoy.

I give thanks today for you. You are a day brightener. And I am so pleased you are doing well.

Barb

S
S
Thank you Barb,

Today was a good day.

I made an apple pie this morning.

I wrote some posts here on the board.

I went outside for 5 hours and pruned my shrubs in the front so the carpenter's can tear off the old siding on that wall and start to replace it.

It was a beautiful, warm, sunny fall day here in Maine, my son and Tucker spent it outside with me and that was good enough for this day.

I am going to keep posting on the board. I find you and others very helpful and am very grateful for the friendships I am making here.

Your appreciative friend,

Sanderika

ME48/H48MLC
T 33y
M 28y
S16
OW 8/7/05
Bomb 8/16/05
Sep 9/05
H f'd D 10/3/08
D pp'd 1/20/09,7/24/09,12/4/09
D dismissed 2/5/10
H served me D papers again 9/4/10
D dismissed 9/26/11
K
K
Good Morning Barb,

You are amazing. Thanks for sticking around even though you obviously dont need to.

It will be a good day today. Both my kids (ages 6 & 7) woke up without complaining so that was my first miracle of the day (LOL!!).

It's getting cooler here in Athens and it feels refreshing.
K

PS This divorce stopped my/our plans for a cottage close to Athens, on a mountain, overlooking the sea. I have been dwelling whether I should build it alone or just give up that plan. After reading about your cottage, I am thinking of actually doing it...

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
W
W
Happy Thanksgiving Barb! There's lots to be thankful for, isn't there. We all woke up this morning, many in this world didn't. I'd say the rest is just gravy (with the turkey and stuffing and cranberry sauce and...)

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard