Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#1609767 10/01/08 10:11 PM
OP Offline
I have been reinstated! I can honestly say that for the life of me - I don't believe I should have been banned. I DO think that was a bit extreme. I don't mean ANYONE any harm. Never have. Never would.

I'm the sunshine girl. The Lemonade Stand owner. And I came here to this bb 7 years ago much the same way as the rest of you. DEVESTATED!!! My marriage ended at the same time as 9-11! Go figure! The same time my daughter became a teenager and my son started college. A time I will never forget.

When I came to the bb (after reading Divorce Remedy) I didn't even know how to post. I had to ask my son to show me how. And I was so proud of my first post. My name was travelbarb and my thread was "25th Anniversary Blow Up". The first person to post to me was Crisch whom I met a year later at a DB party. I will never forget her because she directed me to the MLC bb and made me feel less of a loser.

The first year SUCKED! I was here more than I did anything else. And there was always someone to listen. To support. To dry the tears. And they were endless. Just writing about it makes my heart hurt.

And I made friends. Lots of friends. Pearl (still one of my bestest), Frosty, Hopeful, Nursemom, Rapunzel, Friend - just to name a few who were there daily in the beginning. Many were to come along after me. And I tried to be their welcoming committee. Because you never forget those who reach out to you. And make you feel less of a loser.

These days I feel more of a winner. I think I'm winning at life. At parenthood. And in love. I didn't save my marriage but in my mind now - that would have been a loss really. Because when I really dug deep - I learned that it wasn't so wonderful really. But I had put up a good front. And a good fight.

I may not stay here forever or even for much longer. But I still have some advice to give, based mostly on my own experience. I still have a few newbies I check on daily. Who I truly care about.

And then there are the oldies but goodies whom I love. And I will never lose touch with no matter what.

My feelings about the issue that caused the ruckus have not changed. I am not mean. But I do stand up for what I believe in. And so do most of you it seems. Because while banned - I did read! And I learned that most of you also feel as I do. And I SO appreciate you taking a stand for myself, Beth, Jill and Fig. It really meant a lot to me and I'm sure for them as well.

OK, now its time to get back to life. Back to reality and back to the Lemonade Stand.

So - I'm pouring. And I expect a full turnout tonight. Because I'm mixing up Lemon Drops. And boy are they good. And I'll keep making them all night.

So - who's first?

CHEERS!

Barb

Welcome back Barb!!

I had NO doubt you'd be back!!

Glad you're here again!!

OP Offline
Welcome Summer!

WOW - I wish I was really saying that instead of Welcome October - LOL!

You've been here 2 years longer than me. Most appropriate you were first.

So, what is your pleasure? Would you like a Lemon Drop???

Barb

K
K
Whewww!
I was getting lonley Barb!

So Summer didnt ask for a drink soooo a nice cold one please!
Samuel Adams in a frosty mug, its like 100 degrees here!

No you are not mean! You were the first to welcome me when I came here almost 6 yrs ago and you have never ever faltered in your friendship.
I love reading your advice to others you have that gift, you, Bethie , Jill,others, even now I learn something almost every day from you guys.

I do hope the rest of our crew come back on their own if thats what they want of course, if not I will cont. my R w/ them elsewhere.

Ok Barb back to doing what you do,, making sunshine and perfect days!
Heres to you my wine tasting friend!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

Welcome back Barb, just in time for me to order a hot chocolate. Way past my bedtime but been busy working on laptop.
My tailess cat is already in my spot under the duvet!

So happy to see you back, not the same without you and the assorted motley crew.

nite

Welcome back!! I believed \:\) in you.

OP Offline
Cheers Karen,

I heard it was 100 degrees. K from Burbank emailed to tell me. Or was it on Facebook? Hmmm - can't remember.

Yes, Karen - I remember when you poked your little head onto the bb 6 years ago. And I remember talking to you many a time way back then. I visited California just about that time too and it was cool to talk to you in "your time".

I want sunshine and perfect days. I'm heading back up north tommorrow to the cottage. To finish the wallpaper. And it will be CCCCCOOOOLLLLLDDDD! I have to get the papering done before we have to shut the water off before the pipes freeze.

And you're talking about 100F weather. GEESH!

Barb

OP Offline
Naej: My other longtime limey friend! I'm putting Baileys in the hot chocolate for you friend. WIth lots of whipped cream and a cherry on top! YUM!

I can just picture your warm kitty. I remember meeting you and your pets at that lovely lunch in your home. And you've been with me from the start too!

My kitty Blu does that too. Kneads a comfy little nest in the comforter. Gets upset if I take my hand off him during the night. Good thing he likes Josh or I'd be in trouble!

CHEERS!

Barb

OP Offline
Hey KB, BK:

Thanks for believing in me - that is an awesome thing to say!

I remember most the night I was in the Chat Room on Kent's computer (H2O Nut) and we signed in together putting our names together as BK (which also happen to be my REAL initials). It was hilarious because everyone thought we were YOU! Ahhh - those were the days. And he was my first Post D crush.

You're a good friend Keyz. Thanks for standing by me.

Barb

W
W
Barbie Doll, welcome back but don't get any ideas about interfering with my takeover of the Surviving forum! Whatis is my name, meglomania is my game. I WILL be King of the Survivors. Btw, the position as my Queen remains unfilled...not sure why

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard