Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
My high school mascot was a Gopher. My wifes college mascot was a Beaver. Enough said.

I am on thread #12 and I really hope to be legally divorced before this one locks.
  1. WAW - We are in a "Hang Loose" mode for now
  2. I am hopeful and will ride this out
  3. If you love them, set them free...
  4. Cadillac - Good car to drive after a war
  5. One Piece at a Time
  6. Molon labe / Never Surrender / NUTS!
  7. Go Beavers!
  8. Alimony is like buying oats for a dead horse!
  9. Tomorrow is the most important thing in life
  10. Do Your Best
  11. A Little Too Late

I have gone to the batting cages the last 3 days and am starting to dream of playing in the majors. I wonder if there has ever been someone 48+ years old that were called up to the majors as a rookie.

This weekend I was going to have to myself and I had planned to clean house, organize, shop for S7's upcoming birthday, and do a bit of work in the garden. However, I will be having the kids overnight on Saturday as W needs to help out as a waitress at her friends restaraunt and OM could not babysit. I would prefer to always have the kids whenever I can.

I also have talked recently to a nice new gal (G39) who I may meet this weekend. Her ex-H makes my W look like a saint. He cheated on her with multiple women while she was pregnant and kept albums of them. And he has never seen his daughter as his wearabouts are unknown.

I got some really difficult interrupt driven state machine style image compression code I created to succeed at my work yesterday. I am going to continue to put my nose to the grindstone on some other difficult coding tasks in the coming weeks as the opportunities for what I am creating are huge.

P
P
Quote:
I got some really difficult interrupt driven state machine style image compression code I created to succeed at my work yesterday.

Each of the sets of words are scary words...

Usually doing those tough assignments are a pain in the short term but are also the ones that get you recognized and open doors. Good luck.

take care,
AG

S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hey AG,

FrankD over in MLC would most likely know exactly what I was talking about.

We tech geeks do have a lot of acronyms and terms, but I still think your legal profession has created just as many scary words. I imagine you probably can say "habeas corpus ad prosequendum" or "quasi in rem jurisdiction" just like it is a normal part of a conversation.

G
G
Geez.. Kerry..

The only word I know is "technogeekoid" at term he would use to describe himself at times.

Whatcha doing for the birthday party?

*hugs*

S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I wanted to do a birthday party at an archery shop that would give each kid a lesson on their indoor range, but W had already setup something at a movie theater to watch Beverly Hills Chihauhua.

F
F
Originally Posted By: KerryK
I got some really difficult interrupt driven state machine style image compression code I created to succeed at my work yesterday. I am going to continue to put my nose to the grindstone on some other difficult coding tasks in the coming weeks as the opportunities for what I am creating are huge.

Sounds like you're trying to do multiple images or video streams at once perhaps? I hear the state machine stuff, writing something to emulate threads when you have no threads and it has to fit in a few k of rom is a b*tch.

Now, try doing something similar in a web server that has no state. You have a whole new can of worms.

Current Thread

P
P
Hey Kerry:

Quote:
We tech geeks do have a lot of acronyms and terms,

I know... I am a tech geek myself... I am a patent attorney... But I still am scared of that combination of words - even after reading frankD's explanation!

As for those scary professional legal words - I have no idea what ad prosequendum means!!!

take care,
AG

S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Frank has it pretty correct - it is image streams and most specifially fax images. Interrupt driven pretty much entails using a state machine in leau of threading if you want to have decent performance. Otherwise, you could just dump all interrupt data into a queue and let some other thread deal with it in non real time. And the code I am writing now has to be portable so it does not know the operating system or processor it is running on. Yuck.

The web server stuff is a mess when you spread it all out over a farm. The other guy I work with does a lot of the connection/session oriented service stuff across multiple servers similar to a web server, but instead as a fax server. I also wrote a smaller version of a web server so our end users did not have to use a full blown Apache or IIS which is more difficult to manage. The web server I wrote, besides just serving up html, was still powerful enough to run web applications and services using asp.net hosting. I kind of took the Cassini sample and made it much more functional.

K
K
Kerry,

I have no idea what you are talking about. I thought your snake got caught in some beavers' trap from your title and started reading excited about any developments... And then I get hit with all the unknown words... SIGH!!! I dont believe I am saying this, but fishing sounds a better topic for me right now. At least I can understand half of what you are saying...
xxxx
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
F
fb2 Offline
F
Originally Posted By: KerryK
Interrupt driven pretty much entails using a state machine in leau of threading if you want to have decent performance.
Kalni, Let me try to translate ... I think Kerry means a new way of DBing where you use a mechanical device owned by the state instead of these threads to improve your performance (in bed of course). And by interrupt driven he means before the snake gets trapped by the beaver you ...

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard