Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
D
Thank you j or q or whoever you are this week for that fine summation.

"but some come across as the crotchety old man up the street"

And I take my role very seriously and if you want to disagree with me, that is ok. This forum should and has supported open, intellectual, honest debate.

And, yes, I absolutely agree with you, so many of us would never have made if through without the support, understanding and straight on advice we needed but did not want to hear.

But I feel much of the support and openness of the bb is gone.

I also feel, as stated by many others, the censors have gone too far in their undefined roles to protect certain individuals and to quickly censor others.

My thoughts.

ps One day fig I must hear about this school of yours, not quite like any school I teach at.

K
K
lodo
Please also understand, we are not mean spirited people, geeze never thought myself as so, and def I know J is not or Fig and I am sure Dogma is not crotchety lol

Personally i did not get on any bandwagon to throw spears at this person I have been on the board, prolly over 5 yrs now, a year after ex walked out- I have to say that 99.99% of the people here are sincere, wonderful, caring, thoughtful people!

Amazing actually, and is MWD for this site and her books - even w/ my family and friends I wouldnt of been able to get up each morning 6 yrs ago if not for the people here, they are truely Godsends.
Never posted to this person, take that back once years ago, re: politics, told her i LOVED her post! I agreed.
Never did after her posts were all about politics and its something I dont like to talk about, too touchy and not the place. Then a few months ago, I hear she mentioned me by name in a negaive way ( natrually!) and said something about J and I having words w/ her. SAY WHAT??

Now I have always been taught growing up, to be respectful to others and mind your manners, BUT if anyone disrepects you, your family of friends, free reign
I called her on it, of course was told not to post to her lol
Tried to be somewhat nice, to try to understand, nope, and in fact got told she may "think" of giving us an apology.
I'm sorry, dont bother.

So you see, I guess we are upset because a lot of wonderful people are leaving this board,I guess lucky for MWD we dont pay or she'd be out some pocket change by now.

Its not the board per say that is amazing its the people and the people can go elsewhere if they are not welcome here.

ok enough and I am sure figgys thread wants to return to other subjects lol
Off to enjoy my Saturday and my son whos home from school this weekend! yeah!

Have a good one all!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

F
fig Offline OP
OP Offline
F
hey

you guys are totally welcome to discuss whatever on my thread

i don't believe i have ever asked anyone not to post

and

i love differeing opinions

i think it stretches us and challenges us

fig #1605634 09/27/08 09:17 PM
K
K
Thanks Figgy
You are the cats meow! \:\)

I just had a Chinese beer, hows that for change of subject? lol

This Moment is your Life

F
fig Offline OP
OP Offline
F
i cleaned up cat pee!!!

and

did about 100 loads of laundry

only 100 more

fig #1605809 09/28/08 02:30 AM
You're a good girl!!! I did 2 loads of laundry and then sat around a read for awhile. Bio of Grace Slick. I think I was a hard rockin' chick in a former life.........

Are the cats peeing on your clothes??? That's a heck of a lot of laundry. Course, I spose it's normal when you're a fashionista, right?

F
fig Offline OP
OP Offline
F
no cat pee on my clothes

little girl pee

someone has been having frequent "accidents"

and
there are the two boys who draw mud like magnets

and

i bought this stuff called zoust and it got all the chocolate syrup out of my white shorts

ALL of it!!!!

i am sure it gets out blood and grass stains

wanna have some fun?!?!?!?!?!?!

fig #1606587 09/29/08 04:58 AM
K
K
Quote:
zoust

buying it tomorrow! Is it a liquid? a detergent?

This Moment is your Life

I LOVE ZOUST!!!! I used it so much that when a kid in my kids class drooped a choclate cupcake on his short my son told him that "my mom can get that out. She can get anything out!"

Yep that's me. Stain remover extrodenair!

B
B
You're the greatest, Figgy!

:-^

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard