Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 22 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 21 22
T
T
From what I heard, Sara was banned for giving out personal contact info.

That's why I warn people about posting their own.

Me: 44, Wife: 39
M: 17 years T: 20 years
Bomb on 08/25/09
1/13/10: MC started
1/28/10, 2/8/10: More bombs
8/28/10: Wife moved out
No talk of D, no movement

"Every day is another chance to get it right."
D
D
Originally Posted By: Lotus
A friend just reminded me of another benefit of Retrouvaille that I don't believe has been mentioned yet. At the end of the weekend, they give you contact information for all the lead couples who presented their stories to the group. We were encouraged to contact these people with any questions or problems that we ran into after leaving. This was wonderful! My husband and I reached an impasse on something a week or two after leaving the weekend. And since we couldn't agree, we called our favorite lead couple from the weekend and talked to both husband and wife about the issue. i don't remember now what they said, but at the time, it was exactly what we both needed to hear. And we resolved our problem and went on. It was wonderful to know that those people cared personally about us and were available if we needed them.

I think most Retro communities are really very close and supportive. When my W ODed during more turbulent times, the presenting couples were all there for me.

When my son was born last week, the first visitors outside of immediate family was a presenting couple.

Me 42
W 39
Married: 11 Jan 1998, T: Since 1992
First Bomb: Sep 2007
Confirmed A/OM: 4 Nov 2007
Kids: D10, S5
Reconciled and together again after (alot of) time and heartbreak.
3rd kid, S, born 2 Jan 2010.
L
L
That's really good to hear, Deep. Is your son considered a Retrouvaille baby, or would he have had to be conceived on the weekend?

And Trent is right. Sara broke the rule about giving out contact info. i think it had to do with facebook.

D
D
Umm, I would think actual conception on the weekends (given the situations that bring people there) would indeed be a near miracle!

And yes, I believe my son is considered a Retrouvaille baby, from what I understand, they had in excess of 40+ in the last 15 years or so. Not bad at all.

Me 42
W 39
Married: 11 Jan 1998, T: Since 1992
First Bomb: Sep 2007
Confirmed A/OM: 4 Nov 2007
Kids: D10, S5
Reconciled and together again after (alot of) time and heartbreak.
3rd kid, S, born 2 Jan 2010.
N
N
Does Retrouvaille work for couples that are already divorced...or even ones who werent married but were in a long term relationship?

Is there a suggested time limit on how soon it would need to be attended after the separation?

What does one do if one does not suspect but does not know if there is a 3rd party involved?

Me - 32
EX - 26
D - 3

BOMB: 11/02/09
EA/PA confirmed 1/29/10

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1953269
W
W
I can answer that for you. It's never too late. Yes, if a couple is divorced they can come to a weekend if they are ready to try. It is not for couples that have never been married, although you could ask to be sure since it looks like you have a child together.

There is no suggested time limit. Sooner the better I would assume.

The Retrouvaille people will call before the weekend stating that there can be NO third party involved, and they will ask to make sure.

H
H
The tools that Retro provides are wonderful for improving communications in general for any relationship, but the weekends are geared towards relationships in crisis. When I went through the weekend, I thought that what they taught should be mandatory for couples entering into a marriage. There are no suggested time limits, and I think in most cases one of the partners is generally a reluctant participant. What I observed on the first weekend was an incredible transformation to how the couples interacted and communicated.

I'm not sure how well it would work for divorced couples unless there has been a joint decision to try and work things out again. There is ongoing 'homework' and several follow up weekends. It would be hard to get through this with two people that are communication challenged and living seperately.

As far as 3rd party, Retro requires that any other relations have ended prior to attending the weekend. A 3rd person in the picture is counter productive to the process.

M39
W37
M14
K 10 8
Bomb 7/07
S 4/08
D 6/09

1st
2nd
L
L
Agreed with both WDID and HFF. They call the couple before they take the registration and ask if any third party is involved. They also ask if each will come with an open mind and a willing heart. I don't believe that you need to have been legally married. Every couple there has a different story. There is no time limit for saving marriages.

G
G
While most marriages can be restored, it is God's will, not ours. I encourage folks who are interested, to check out the program, and pray about it.
Like DB'ing, it's not an overnight thing, but more of a process or lifestyle choice. Many on the boards have attended, including myself. (full disclosure: After much prayer, I've learned that my marriage can not, and should not be saved) Goldey
p.s. I was going to suggest Sara, but I'm just seeing she's not here. Dr. LOve is another.
I'm busy for the next few days, but will answer questions next week, as I am familiar w/ the structure. Due to the confidential nature, there are some parts I cannot, and will not disclose.

Last edited by goldeylox; 01/21/10 04:21 PM.

Me:44, WAW hx bi-polar H:48, hx of abuse
S:22, S:19, D:16
Filed Oct 08, dismissed
Filed again Jan 10, dismissed
Now Piecing
alter persona: SuperBoots
S
S
Hmmmmm.....Sara may not be here but I understand Lotus is pretty good on this topic.

Saffie
me 46
H 46
M in 1986
D20,D18,S16,D13
H's A 01/05 to 07/06
H recommitted to M 07/06
renewed vows 09/06
Going from strength to strength
Page 15 of 22 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 21 22

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard