Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
W
W
And it's your option not to read it. BH, use the ignore user option. We all have so much going on in our lives.

You have a wonderful new life now. Try not to waste your energy or time trying to convince someone they don't belong someplace they feel they do. That's not your call. I don't feel it's my place to tell people what they should or should not do. We can only make suggestions to them and allow them to make their own choices.

That's the way it works in real life, why should it be any different here?

AO

B
B
Uh huh. And in real life, when someone has a conflict of interest, like that which apparently hinders the mods from taking the same action here they take punitively in so many other places, do you just hit "ignore"?

I'm standing up here because this is wrong that it's allowed to continue when so many others are in the bag.

I
I
I've been around for a while.:-))

Over the years I have followed the DB process. It has allowed me to get on with my life. There isn't a day that doesn't go by when I remind myself of the process. I've also learned that the process varies for each one of us. For some it's a short process. For others, it may never end. I see that by the length of time that some of us have been here. I think that's OK. I also try and follow principles of Buddhism. I see a lot of similarity between Buddhism and DBing.

I am seeing some anger and jealousy here. When our hearts are filled with pure love we cannot be disturbed by anger or jealousy. Either your heart is a loving heart or you are still filled with anger and jealousy. Ask yourself why you are angry or jealous here. Virtuous actions cause happiness and non-virtuous actions cause suffering, is taught by the Buddhas based on their perfect knowledge. I have learned this for myself.

A few of the postings, by a few people in this thread, are non-virtuous. People who post negative remarks here do so out of concern for their own welfare. I'm not sure how that helps them to be more loving. I can understand why some people here are still hurting. All of us still hurt from time to time. Posting on Surviving reminds many of us to come back to the DB principles and to listen to Buddhas words.

BUT, there is little point in confessing our negative actions if we have no intention to refrain from committing them again in the future. I don't post on Surviving that much anymore. But when I do I try and do it with a loving heart. Namaste ...Soup

W
W
BH, but in real life, who are the moderators? Either we moderate a situation ourselves or call in a higher power to help.

Quote:
when someone has a conflict of interest, like that which apparently hinders the mods from taking the same action here they take punitively in so many other places, do you just hit "ignore"?

I'm not really understanding what you mean.
But to answer your question, if I see a subject matter I'd rather not read about, I ignore that user. I don't feel it necessary to contribute to that conversation. I acknowledge (to myself) that person and I have a difference - morally/ethically. I'm not going to change their mind and if I can't support them, I walk away. There are so many users on this site, I have confidence I find more like minded people if I choose to.

AO

L
L
Hi AG,

Stopped by to say hello but see the pack has descended. I agree with AO. I don't understand why it's so important to belabor a point. It just seems to create a lot of negativity, even if someone is completely justified and in the right.

It seems situations like these would be a good opportunity to try DB techniques, IMO.

lodo

Divorced: 10/26/08
W
W
Originally Posted By: IAmSoup
I've been around for a while.:-))

Over the years I have followed the DB process. It has allowed me to get on with my life. There isn't a day that doesn't go by when I remind myself of the process. I've also learned that the process varies for each one of us. For some it's a short process. For others, it may never end. I see that by the length of time that some of us have been here. I think that's OK. I also try and follow principles of Buddhism. I see a lot of similarity between Buddhism and DBing.

I am seeing some anger and jealousy here. When our hearts are filled with pure love we cannot be disturbed by anger or jealousy. Either your heart is a loving heart or you are still filled with anger and jealousy. Ask yourself why you are angry or jealous here. Virtuous actions cause happiness and non-virtuous actions cause suffering, is taught by the Buddhas based on their perfect knowledge. I have learned this for myself.

A few of the postings, by a few people in this thread, are non-virtuous. People who post negative remarks here do so out of concern for their own welfare. I'm not sure how that helps them to be more loving. I can understand why some people here are still hurting. All of us still hurt from time to time. Posting on Surviving reminds many of us to come back to the DB principles and to listen to Buddhas words.

BUT, there is little point in confessing our negative actions if we have no intention to refrain from committing them again in the future. I don't post on Surviving that much anymore. But when I do I try and do it with a loving heart. Namaste ...Soup

Beautiful Soup!

Namaste!

AO

W
W
Originally Posted By: lodo
Hi AG,

Stopped by to say hello but see the pack has descended. I agree with AO. I don't understand why it's so important to belabor a point. It just seems to create a lot of negativity, even if someone is completely justified and in the right.

It seems situations like these would be a good opportunity to try DB techniques, IMO.

lodo

I agree lodo.

AO

P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi Friends

I would love to continue to post here.

However when I read a poster was leaving b/c of the distractions - that is wrong.

I have tried staying away from some of the poster's thread. I have tried asking posters to not post to me. I have tried ignoring posters. All to no avail.

I used this forum to set goals and focus myself. And so that friends that posted to me constructively could provide their input.

It has recently come to my attention that there is another forum where these same people are discussing my posts and strategizing how they will post to me in this forum.

Actually that creeps me out a little...how on earth can so many people that I don't even know care about what I post!

Since there is a no contact policy - I cannot post my contact information. But if my friends are interested in keeping in touch with me - I hope you will research your way into finding me.

BTW: lodo and Soup - thank you for stopping by my thread.

take care,
AG

L
L
Hi AG,

I posted this on my thread, but when I said I'm going to stop posting due to the distractions, it's because I want to stop being so wrapped up in getting advice that I never have the chance to use it. When it's a beautiful day outside and you're sitting inside at the computer, it's time to make some changes.

The negativity hasn't helped, I'll admit.

Good luck with your GAL - I hope to get myself out there too. Thanks for the link to the volunteer service as well. There's quite a wide variety of ways to help out.

lodo

Divorced: 10/26/08
S
S
Hi AG,

I dont understand, nor want to understand where all the animosity is coming from today. I do know that people can change and I have not seen anything from you lately that would justify the attacks you are getting now. Maybe you said some things on some long ago posts that has caused this - what is in the past cant be changed and the important thing is to learn from it and move on. Digging up hurt from the past only reopens old wonds.

You sound well adjusted on your GAL plans and your thoughts on finding someone new to love and cherish.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard