Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
The following words of wisdom came from a most unusual source. My ex!!!! He gave Ashley this Hallmark card. Interestingly, these are things he never seemed to achieve. One can only hope that through this journey he might have actually learned something but nothing in his behaviour has ever indicated so. I do know that he used to choose cards without reading them in the past. But maybe he is trying to say in this card all the things he has done wrong and hope his daughter doesn't make the same mistakes. Here it is...

"How To Make a Beautiful Life"

Love yoursel. MAKE PEACE with who you are and where you are in this moment in time.

Listen to your heart. If you can't hear what it's saying in this noisy world.

MAKE TIME for yourself. Enjoy your own company. Let your mind wander among the stars. Try. Take chances.

MAKE MISTAKES. Life can be messy and confusing at times but it's also full of surprises. The next rock in your path might be a stepping-stone.

BE HAPPY. When you don't have what you want, want what you have.

MAKE DO. That's a well-kept secret of contentment.

There aren't any shortcuts to tommorrow. You have to MAKE YOUR OWN WAY. To know where you're going is only part of it. You need to know where you've been, too. And if you ever get lost, don't worry. The people who love you will find you. Count on it.

Life isn't days and years. It's what you do with time and with all the goodness and grace that's inside you.

MAKE A BEAUTIFUL LIFE...

The kind of life you deserve.

Whoa...this came from Chuckie???

All I can say to what is in this card is AMEN.

OP Offline
Keyz:

Well, he didn't write it but yes - he gave it to Ash. Sometimes you wonder if they read it and it means something or not. I especially had to read and re-read the part about contentment. Chuck was NEVER content. Not ever. When we built a brand new home when I was 21, right after we moved in he called it a "step". WHAT? I was so happy I was sure they'd bury me in the backyard - a lifelong home. Not him. And our car? He decided when I was 22 that he would not sleep again until he knew he could own a Lincoln. Say what? We were struggling and about to have our first child. No, he was never content with what he had - always had to look elsewhere.

But it does say it all and I hope it sinks in for Ash

Barb

OP Offline
Bumping this so you all get a chance to read it. I think it speaks volumes about building a life after D.

Barb

OP Offline
Bumping this so you all get a chance to read it. I think it speaks volumes about building a life after D.

Barb

I'm sending this to my D. She's having a tough time lately. Thanks, Barb.

OP Offline
Jill: Are our daughters twins? GEESH! Hope K is ok.

Barb

K
K
Quote:

I love this the best, something I need to remember. Thanks Barb!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

R
R
Barb...my ex is Chuck, too. I called him Chuckie up until my son was born - he is the new Chuckie.
Notice all the pop references to the name recently? There is a tv show now....

I loved the card, though....

H
H
Quote:

This got me through some really tough times. I would tell myself that there are people who have less. There are people who don't have healthy childen like I do, or don't have roofs over their heads, or enough food to eat, or so many things.

We CAN be happy if we choose to be, regardless of what other people do. We can be disappointed in others, but our happiness depends on our reaction to what other people do.

Great thread Barb.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard