Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
K
OP Offline
K
it's something you remember.

Happy Friday!

Hope everyone has happy plans for the weekend!

Not much here, going to help S pack. May go out for dinner, its just him and I this weekend, as next weekend he moves back to school \:\( Boy that was quick!

I liked this quote when I read it the other day,
Most days I am quite happy , looking back on my childhood it was very happy AND my M was IMO very happy- when ex says he wasnt , it hurts me a little as i take it personally, shouldnt, but I do, maybe I feel guilty as I should of known, whatever, cant dwell.

I vented yesterday that sometimes I had to try real hard not to feel second best- or like a plate of chopped liver when I hear of ex taking OW on trips and making it possible for her to drive his company car and taking off days from work to do things, and he wasnt able/wasnt willing to do that w/ me or our family.

Something I have to fight myself not to ponder too much--

I talked to B about it and how sometimes I get scared, he is the most wonderful, caring man, but I get a little nervous that I thought ex was too at one time.

He does everything to assure me of his love, and I adore him for it! Poor thing, he has the patience of a saint! It helps that he experience many of the same feelings at one time, he understands and works with me, heck right there hes different then ex! \:D

So still a work in progress but i LOVE that the feelings dissapear fast! Much more fleeting then they use to be.
I may be a slow learner but I do learn! lol

Ok gonna let Ry put all my itunes songs in my new computer!!!
I love my new pretty in pink laptop!

Have a good weekend all!!!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

B
B
I'm First

The grass is always greener over the septic tank... Erma Bombeck Treat hate with Love... DR. Martin Luther King
K
OP Offline
K
Beer m'lady?

This Moment is your Life

B
B
Why yes.Thank you for asking.

The grass is always greener over the septic tank... Erma Bombeck Treat hate with Love... DR. Martin Luther King
H
H
I'm second, so Brig can have the drink.

Karen, you voiced what I think. I think when we get left by someone who paints our marriage as something that was awful from the get-go, we wonder. But we all know it was an excuse to run off and have an affair. We know that Karen. We weren't in control of that. They want to make themselves feel better for what they do, and they have to condemn us to do that. In my mind, that tells me that these people never loved us enough. Never loved us like they should have. Just because we never knew that does not make us bad people or wrong. We didn't know Karen. And I know what you mean when you say B is so patient. And I know what you mean when you say that you once thought your X was the same way. But in reality, my X was not. Not ever really. If I look back realistically (which is hard). So I choose to believe that when a man tells me he knows how I feel and listens to me - well - I never really got that from my X. So he gave me a gift. The gift is allowing me to hear that from another human being. How sweet.

Enjoy your son this weekend Karen. One of mine left yesterday. Tears all around. One baby gone, but the other is still here. My how time flies.

K
OP Offline
K
Quote:
Not ever really. If I look back realistically (which is hard). So I choose to believe that when a man tells me he knows how I feel and listens to me - well - I never really got that from my X. So he gave me a gift. The gift is allowing me to hear that from another human being. How sweet.

Happy!
You know after i wrote that I thought to myself, wait, thinking back ex never did give me that support,never! I was 19 when we met and I think what i thought was so wonderful back then, in reality wasnt - and def not what i think of wonderful now- so your right, I totally agree, EX never was supportive or protective or caring as B- he was fun, and nice, and cute ,everything maybe a 19-21 yr old girl would want.

Isnt it strange looking back on what we thought was so great , and realizing after all it may not of been.

OHhhh your baby birds are flying the nest ? \:\( its hard I know, I'm a little use to it now but the first week Ry is gone, its so quiet and lonley here- but he is so thrilled to go back and cant wait till the first game lol
They'll be back soon mom
how far away are the boys going to be?

This Moment is your Life

C
C
hey k! i'm freezing my kids in carbonite \:\) glad to hear you got a caring person w/u hon, and hope you have lots plan to help you deal wiht yur son's absence.

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
K
OP Offline
K
Hey Cat
Well the plan is to find a JOB lol
thanks, I am a lucky girl and I need to be reminded when I go off on a pity tangent.

Ex was here actually today, funny too, he stands S up some times for dinner but boy when he wants his MLCmobile back he is here like a shot!

So he came to trade off cars, oh sooo tanned from his trip. I was nice and talked but did not ask about his trip. Just cant do it, I'd throw up in my mouth

I suggested S and ex go out for a beer, go go shoo shooo lol

This Moment is your Life

K; Your H is one big dork! That's what I think.

Just toss your pretty blonde locks and don't act as if you give a care. You're much too busy enjoying your own life to worry about his dumb car and OW - RIGHT!

Glad Ry is home and you're enjoying your time with him. It really is too short, isn't it.

I had a good w/e with Josh. Nice weather. Some work done. Went out for dinner and a play. All good. Don't care about idiot ex. Can't imagine his w/e could top mine. And I can say that every week for sure.

Barb

K
OP Offline
K
Hey Barb
Yes Dork sums it up lol
Just glad that damn car is gone

Had so far a nice weekend! Do miss B tho \:\(
but Ry and I went and bought him some things for the apt then to lunch, today is a finish my decorating day.

Sis comes tomorrow so for the next few days we'll be busy!
Last visit before school starts and Ry goes back.
So officially pretty much the end of summer for me, quite glad was a very hot, longgg summer w/ no real trips planned.

Ok back to hammering and hanging. I feel so carpenterish \:\)

This Moment is your Life

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard