Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
G
Three messages on my answering machine tell me there is a big moving truck in front of my x2s on Saturday (Why do these people think I give a r@ts @ss at this point? four years after D?!)
X2s sons both signed up for the military service (both when they turned 19), last one in May. Now is that a clue as to how desperate they were to get away from mom?
I don't know if your Wanker will ever get it. But seems like my x2 has pretty well alientated her two Ss (but could be because she wasn't playing with a full deck as the docs told me).
Both sad sitches, they may never "get it".
I don't have regrets. My x1 has those now. x2 is just crackers so she doesn't know any better and I don't hold her accountable.
The docs told me that one day x2 will "wake up" and wonder "what did I just do?" - except that may be months, years, decades later. ("Don't wait around for her to do that.")
Life goes on for us Spitty. Try to enjoy it.

S
OP Offline
S
Yes, GB. There are those people out there that will never "get it". Should we not then be grateful that God, fate, circumstance...whatever you believe... has removed these people from our lives? I know it sounds trite, but I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason. People are not meant to live their lives in sorrow. We are meant to live in happiness and abundance.

DB has some great ideas and I believe in what they are trying to do. There are many, many divorces that shouldn't happen and they have some great suggestions for trying to save those. Unfortunately, not ALL marriages can or should be saved.

I did not deserve the crap I went through with the Wanker. On the other hand, I did not "deserve" all the good things that have come to my life since the Wanker has been out of it, either. I will live my life in such a way that I "earn" all the blessings that have come my way.

It's beautiful today, isn't it? Have a good one.

Spitty

Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain
Quote:
I did not deserve the crap I went through with the Wanker. On the other hand, I did not "deserve" all the good things that have come to my life since the Wanker has been out of it, either. I will live my life in such a way that I "earn" all the blessings that have come my way.

Yes you do deserve everything, all of the good stuff and more! You've already earned it. You are a good person and a great Mom. You fought the good fight even when it was hard and not particularly kind to you. The rewards and blessings you find yourself with now are there because you did the right thing!

I'll have no more of this kind of talk Missy!

Love,
Bethie

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks, Bethie.

I guess that didn't really come out right. I am sometimes overwhelmed by how much better my life is without the EX. I have been blessed beyond my wildest imagination. I don't want to ever lose sight of that by becoming comfortable or complacent. I want to make a difference in any small way that I can.

Life is good.

Hugs,
Spitty

Mark Twain
G
G
I could not say it much better Spitty. I didn't have to run off x2, she flew herself. Every now and then, I'm reminded somehow of what "life" used to be like in that R in the later part. Mind you, it started out great, and had a wonderful long run. And then ...MLC amongst other stuff that hit her all in a short period of time.
And now I step back and view my life some four years later after the h@ll years. And I too cannot believe how I have been blessed with all the right people at the right time having been inserted into my life in those years. Those around me just marvel as to how life has treated me and where I am today.
It's not an accident, it's not a random play of the cards when you have faith and believe.
I'll say it again: I could never have written or scripted this part (the now) of my life any better.
Life is grand!
Multiple hugs to all - GB.

S
OP Offline
S
Hi Everyone,

Well, three years have officially past since my EX sent me the email that he wasn't coming home. Wow. Sometimes 3 years seems like an eternity ago and sometimes it feels like it all happened just yesterday. When I pause to think back to that time, I marvel at everything that happened. I can remember talking myself into "surviving" and "coping". I literally lived my life in twenty minute intervals. I'd convince myself to hold it together just long enough to do x, y, or z. Eventually the twenty minute intervals got longer. Mostly, without me noticing.

It has been a remarkable 3 year journey for me. I learned a lot about myself. I always knew I was tough. I just didn't realize how tough. I can remember my middle son being so worried about me after the EX left. He would keep checking on me, asking me if I was alright. One day I said to him, "Don't worry, Honey. I'm from a long line of tough Broads." He smiled at me and said, "So am I." It was so cute. I'll remember it always. And I will also forever remember him lying on my bed, crying, proclaiming that when he had kids, he would be a good dad. The disintegration of a family is devastating for kids, no matter how old they are. Have they accepted it? Yes. Do they see and get along with their dad. Yes. Have they been forever changed by all that happened? Most definitely.

There was a lot of heartache on this journey, but also a lot of joy. I so wish that I could convince the newbies and others who are still struggling, that it will get better. I don't think you ever completely forget the pain and the sorrow, but you do recover. The good, or joyous, part of this experience is that I have a much better relationship with God, my family and myself. I always "liked" myself. But now, I really know who I am. That's a great feeling.

And, not that I was looking, but I somehow ended up in this pretty special relationship. My guy is a wonderful person and a GOOD MAN. Ironically, finding this board and hanging out here introduced me to a lot of good men. Or, opened me to the possibility that GOOD MEN do exist. I guess I had forgotten that along the way somehow.

Well, it was beautiful here today. Fall can be so lovely. I wish everyone a wonderful week.

Hugs to all,

Spitty

Mark Twain
S
OP Offline
S
Hi Friends!

It's official. I am now an empty-nester.

It feels pretty good right now. Wonder how tomorrow will feel?

Later,

Spitty

Mark Twain
A
A
Hey Spitty,

You're going to do great! Woo Hoo!

ALL "Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"
K
K
Hey Spit
Welcome to the empty nesters society! \:\)

Funny I had put that on my my space and got a message from some woman who has an on line empty nesters club! lol

Ups and downs thats what I found. Sometimes ya miss em, sometimes, not so much lol

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

G
G
Psst!. Not so loud.
This is when you find out how nice it is to sleep in without having to worry about the breakfast menue for the heard in the morning and get cracking at 7:30 to start preparing. This is when you don't have to fight over the remote for the TV and actually watch whatever you want (even though there is mostly 100 channels on cable and nothing on - that's why I don't do cable) . You don't have to do laundry today if you don't want to.There is no more searching throughout the entire house for "mom I can't find ...".
AND, you now can make plans (or not) to jump in the Spitty Car and go where YOU want to go and not have "TAXI" plastered on the side of the way too cool car.
AND, get this (!) , you can actually PLAN a vacation (with or without your gentleman friend) and actually GO THERE without working around a household full of people's other plans you've been working around for years.
OK, I admit, this will take sometime to get used to, so gradually try to work into it without overloading yourself.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard