Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1532771 07/25/08 09:05 PM
K
OP Offline
K
Ok so I am on a organizing, cleaning frenzy,

My closet is a mess! It shouldnt be its a decent , but not large walk in, thought 12 yrs ago when I moved here it was HUMONGEOUS!(SP??) well it has shrunk!

So getting rid of everything!
And lo and behold if I have not come across , still after 6 yrs "things" ya know the things.
for instance, this very nice hand painted plate
pic of a bride and groom, and me and Ex name and the date.
NO one can use it, cant good will it, soooo do i just toss it?

I actually found matches from our wedding! remember those days? lol
and a beautiful brandy sniffer again our name, date, from a dear friend in England. Gosh but its so hard to throw out but, what do you do??

If I had a D i would think she'd like them, boys dont seem as , well emotionally attached to this stuff lol
My S just collects shot glasses lol

so I ask if you have a min. WHAT DO YOU DO??

back to work!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

L
L
I kept all that stuff

sigh.

I had a gorgeous wedding, and I loved everything about it. Just b/c we are divorced it does not mean the wedding didn't exist.

So I went to Target and bought one of those storage boxes and put all the things in there. My kids love to look at it every once in a while.

We actually saw the wedding video not to long ago, gosh I was totally in shape back then ;\)

And I didn't cry at all, it is in the past for me, but my wedding was one of the happiest days of my life so I kept it.

He is not gonna take the good memories away from me.

BUT if you need closet space for SHOES! then chuck them .

Priorities!

Last edited by Lissie; 07/25/08 09:45 PM.

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
Lissie #1532802 07/25/08 09:53 PM
L
L
I forgot my drink

UM

A nice cold beer!

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
N
N
KarenMarieS,

Everything I came across like that I included in boxes of stuff I put out for my exW.... I am sure she was really p!ssed off when she saw all of those "handmade" love notes in the shape of a heart I gave her back in '95.... I figured if she decided unilaterally what to do with our M, she can figure out what to do with all of those items.....

NMD

Last edited by No_More_Dodo; 07/25/08 09:54 PM.

"Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. That is what makes a marriage last --more than passion or even sex!" - Simone Signoret
K
OP Offline
K
Hahha thats right Lissie, I do need more room for shoes and purses!!
You are right, the memories are still wonderful, and in some cases like the brandy sniffer I smile when I look at it, because the lady who brought it, laughed as she held it in a box on her lap the whole plane ride over! She was a dear friend of the family and I think of her more when I see it and not ex.

Ya know whats weird? one night B and I watched my wedding video! ha! his idea, he loved it! I love seeing my relatives, quite a few not w/ us anymore, and my lil sister tanked! lol
i laughed and smiled,didnt cry a bit. THAT I will always keep and good gracious I was 93 lbs! lol

This Moment is your Life

K
OP Offline
K
You know NMD
B just said the same thing, A lof of this crap I should box up and give to him! Its a bit of a burden,I am sure he will toss it, but if i didnt toss it, I'd feel better.

Think I'll just keep the very special items like Lis said box them up and the other stuff, goes bye bye!

Thanks guys!

This Moment is your Life

H
H
Karen,

I was lucky.

X was going to move back into the house after I left to move to my own. I just left it there for him to deal with. He was the one who wanted the marriage ended, so he should be the one who disposes of the marriage momentos. So I left that to him and have never looked back.

I would probably get all melancholy if I had to move that stuff around my closet to make room.

N
N
Originally Posted By: KarenMarieS
Ya know whats weird? one night B and I watched my wedding video! ha! his idea, he loved it! I love seeing my relatives, quite a few not w/ us anymore, and my lil sister tanked! lol
i laughed and smiled,didnt cry a bit. THAT I will always keep and good gracious I was 93 lbs! lol

KarenMarieS,

I do not have anything from wedding with exW... We just had a simple exchange of vows at a minister's house while his dinner was waiting....

You mentioning the wedding video reminds me Wifey still has pictures of her and her exH..... As a matter of fact, there is a big picture residing in our basement which has the two of them surrounded by a white border.... The border was at their reception and was signed by all of their guests.... It is interesting to read what people wrote.... Their wedding guests had such high expectations.....

We both found the problem is you never know what type of spouse you are getting... Even if you are both "Christians" and met in church...

NMD

Last edited by No_More_Dodo; 07/25/08 10:09 PM.

"Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. That is what makes a marriage last --more than passion or even sex!" - Simone Signoret
K
OP Offline
K
THAT would be ideal Happy
I do get a little pissy that it was/is me to deal w/ this stuff, this, S issues, money prob ect. I have to really try hard not to get mad at him at times.

I am putting together a little box of things I have found , one being a photo album he had before we were M and going to give it to him- do not want to responsible for it.

This Moment is your Life

K
OP Offline
K
Quote:
We both found the problem is you never know what type of spouse you are getting... Even if you are both "Christians" and met in church...

Truer words!

This Moment is your Life

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard