Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#1529364 07/23/08 01:48 PM
OP Offline
Have decided to reopen the Lemonade Stand - a fixture from the early part of the new millenium. A refreshing place to come for a chat, have a refreshing drink and share "good stuff". Kind of like Cheers.

I will open on a very positive note. Something good happened to me before 9 am - it's going to be a great day.

I have been getting estimates on fixing a retaining wall at the cottage. It is pushing into the wall. Two estimates were app $10,000!!!! One was over $12,000!!! OUCH!!! It needed to be done but there had to be a better way. I had even considered going out there and pulling it apart with a pick axe myself (friends asked me to tape it for U Tube - LOL). Anyway....

I had avoided the most reliable company who had done my driveway last year. I was warned they'd be the most expensive. But Josh had made a suggestion of an attractive, effective way of fixing the wall with a nice path to the door. I suggested that to them when they came this morning. And here's the miracle...

They will fix the wall by Friday! For $1600!!!! Yes, that means I can go ahead with my new flooring, wallpaper etc and still have enough left over to go away this winter. The other estimates shot my budget to hell. In fact, I was not sure how I would even do it.

The best news is that they are the most reliable company around. I know it will be done right. Oh, and as well, they will build me a larger parking area with the materials taken out. The others were all charging me dumping fees!!!

Miracles do happen at the Lemonade Stand.

Let's share some good things in our lives here friends.

Barb

I
I
I'd loooove some lemonade barb!

Can you spike mine???

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
L
L
Hi Barb,

thanks for the positive post!

I'm thankful every day I wake up in my new place. Back in April when I was faced with packing up the house, finding a place to live, and getting through the divorce agreement, I was pretty low. I thought I'd lose my mind before I was settled again.

Now I'm living in a great, sunny place where I can relax and rejuvenate. I'm paying too much, of course, and I still get lonely, but when I think of having to live in some of the other places I looked at, I shudder.

Home and a sense of place is so important. lodo

Divorced: 10/26/08
K
K
Oh the lemonade stand!!! Love it!
We had some good times here eh? lol

Great news Barb!
can we talk boobs and nuts? lol

Good news? well, my little job for extra income was good news!
and my S is starting to seem like his old self, we h ad a good talk yesterday about his gf and dad, seems hes anxious for school and things seem good again.

AND B's D wedding is back on! lol on/off/on/off
we booked a beautiful room on the coast and will make lil day trips to Hearst castle, Morro Bay, maybe up to Carmel. I cant wait!!

Thaks for starting this Barb, its nice to have some positive back on the board!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

Okey dokey!!! I'm up for something positive....

My Mom is handling my Dad's death so much better than I ever imagined. I'm getting to spend time with most of my family which doesn't happen very often as we're so spread out across the country.

The sky is blue, the weather's fabulous and I just got a pedicure!!! Life is good.

K
K
Jill
You sound good! I am glad your mom is doing ok. Its wonderful you are w/ your siblings, you guys need each other right now.

This Moment is your Life

OP Offline
Julie, Lodo, Jill & Karen:

Drinks all around. Lemonade is a great mixer you know.

Just got my estimate on new flooring for the cottage. I will now be able to afford it since the retaining wall will be lots less. The guy got stuck in my driveway. Really stuck. I tried to tell him to put his van in low gear and go easy (heck, I get my Chrysler up that hill every day). Did he listen - no. He kept his foot heavy and tore my driveway up. I said a prayer to please let him get his vehicle OUT OF MY DRIVEWAY. and boom - he was gone. Wish others would disappear with just a wish - LOL!

More good news. I learned that my dance school is getting an award. We have been voted the city's best dance school. Boy - does that feel good. Who'd have thunk the business I started at age 17 would still be the best 35 years later. Incidently, there are at least 10 other dance schools in town - so NO - it is not like me telling Ashley she is my favourite daughter.

OK, I'm going to go choose the new flooring in a bit.

Barb

K
K
Quote:
Really stuck. I tried to tell him to put his van in low gear and go easy (heck, I get my Chrysler up that hill every day). Did he listen - no

I know that was prob annoying for you, but i LOLed at the visual! LOL
I can just see you, standing there, thinking go go gooooooo lol

Congrats on the school! Good things for you this week!

This Moment is your Life

"The Lemonade Stand, where you share good stuff!" I like it! (thinking... searching the memory bank...)

Ahhh! I've got a lovely friend who has a lovely friend so we shall see were this lovely story goes! ;\)

GREAT to hear about the retaining wall, so cool to find that the best solution was the least costly and offered by the most reliable company. Oh and and the dance award on top of that? Way to go!

Jill just sent you a note but so glad to read your update. Sounds like it is going about as well as one could hope for.

Quote:
I'd loooove some lemonade barb!

Can you spike mine???

Jules, There is this 12 step thing that my friend "Bill W." can tell ya about

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
Late here but I just had to say a very big
CONGRATULATIONS [i] on your award for the dance school.
HMMMMM wasn't there some mention of retiring awhile ago-
Glad you restarted the lemonade stand I can't count how many times I've used the lemons quote.
Actually I am off to a picnic on Friday with my dance class group and they are having a live band guess what I was asked to bring-yup lemonade!
I,ll be driving so tahts all I can have, Someones making Pimms and I love that on a summer evening.
Mind you in true UK summer style after a few lovely days rain is forcast for Friday,no matter it won't spoil my fun.
Congrats again Barb. So pleased for you.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard