Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Jeff223 #1514075 07/11/08 02:21 PM
N
N
Jeff,

I also missed the most important ones:

I lost a woman who violated her family's "Christian" beliefs.......
I lost a woman who violated her "Christian" beliefs.......

NMD

"Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. That is what makes a marriage last --more than passion or even sex!" - Simone Signoret
O
O
Cool perfume story Dodo. Jeff, I feel you about not being ready. I simply can’t imagine any woman but my ex. I’ve got buddies out there who wax poetic about life in the singles fast lane. I find such talk repulsive. I keep telling myself that now is the time I have to learn to love myself, to be alone and be OK with it. Become a whole person on my own and not looking for some other half to make me whole. (of course my former M may have been a bit more co-dependent than yalls)

Me: 35
WAW: 28
Bomb: 1/13/08
S: 1/14/08
D filed: 2/24/08
D final on 7/07/08

Do your damndest in an ostentatious manner all the time. -George S. Patton

My Sitch http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1405138&page=0&fpart=1
one_light #1514508 07/11/08 06:43 PM
N
N
Originally Posted By: one_light
Cool perfume story Dodo. Jeff, I feel you about not being ready. I simply can’t imagine any woman but my ex. I’ve got buddies out there who wax poetic about life in the singles fast lane. I find such talk repulsive. I keep telling myself that now is the time I have to learn to love myself, to be alone and be OK with it. Become a whole person on my own and not looking for some other half to make me whole. (of course my former M may have been a bit more co-dependent than yalls)

one_light,

I never saw the value in "life in the singles fast lane"...... It seems like a bunch of screwed up people attempting to fill their emptiness with sex.....

It reminds me of a friend of mine in college.....

He lived down the hall from me.....
His exGF lived in the dorm across the street from us...
He was out humping anything female.....
He knew that got back to his exGF......
He kept telling me how much he loved his exGF.....
He really just want a R with his exGF.....
He went about it all wrong.....

In the end, do you want your next wife to be one in a line of women you had sex with? Do you want a woman who has had sex with a bunch of men and you are just another guy she had sex with? I just find that nasty....

NMD

Last edited by No_More_Dodo; 07/11/08 06:44 PM.

"Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. That is what makes a marriage last --more than passion or even sex!" - Simone Signoret
one_light #1514785 07/11/08 09:23 PM
N
N
one_light,

Another question about "life in the singles fast lane"...... If it is so GREAT, why is it that soooooooo many of these people living this lifestyle will eventually admit they would really rather find that "someone special" than hump around?

Take Care,

NMD

O
O

So true. I admit I went though that to a point in my 20s. Then I turned around. I figured out what is really important. I settled down, got married, tried to start a family. It turned out to be all for not. This does not discourage me, however, from the pursuit of that wife and family. I shall not return to the sad dividends paid by life in the soft flesh of the readily available.

Me: 35
WAW: 28
Bomb: 1/13/08
S: 1/14/08
D filed: 2/24/08
D final on 7/07/08

Do your damndest in an ostentatious manner all the time. -George S. Patton

My Sitch http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1405138&page=0&fpart=1
Jeff223 #1524235 07/18/08 08:27 PM
L
L
I don't think you are to old to play Bond! \:\)

Hope all is wonderful sweets!

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
Lissie #1537347 07/29/08 07:16 PM
G
G
Good story Jeff!

Gman
Me 40
W 30
kids
B 11
B 10
D 8
Been here off and on since 06.
PA Confirmed Dec 08..
With God, anything is possible.
Do or do not there is no try.
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six...
Gman3388 #1585935 09/09/08 01:47 PM
W
WCW Offline
W
Hello!!! knock knock
Does Jeff still live here?
What's up?

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
WCW #1597005 09/19/08 02:19 PM
J
Jeff223 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Not much to update. I felt good earlier in the year after I got back into my house and vacationed with the kids but since then things have spiraled down. I have hit the bottom a few times; all this bouncing on the bottom hurts.

A lot of pressure at work at the moment. A lot of pressure with a house that is falling down around me. A lot of pressure for not having a social life. A lot of pressure with my 91-year old mother. A lot of pressure trying to be a dad in a broken family. A lot of pressure with xW acting so distant and so indifferent all of the time.

A lot of pressure. I am just so tired and I am not motivated to do anything.

So I sit around, read some, and dream of a better time. Drinking a lot more than I should but it helps make time pass faster.

Yesterday was really bad - D7 was up in the middle of the night with a nightmare. She told me she was dreaming about "when you and mommy broke up and how mommy told me she did not want me any more".

How could that be? The kids are suppose to be happy are they not? The divorce was a good thing for us, was it not?

It was according to xW.

This sucks. My life sucks. My job sucks. My house sucks. My family is gone. I don't feel attractive - just old and spent.

Enough of this pity party. Things will get better but I need to visit the bottom yet again.

Time to man-up.

Jeff

Current Thread
Jeff223 #1597026 09/19/08 02:41 PM
L
L
Tight Hugs, and Huge prayers!

Hope you have a great weekend! Kiss those babies!

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard