T
T
yo Cris

come by mine plz

debut thread
S
OP Offline
S
hey thanks so much for finding me Txmommy!!!

I lose people easily... and speaking of, Tomato, I've lost yours again, I think the DB site doesn't like Mozilla, because I can't do a search again. It does that sometimes. I'll try to find it again tomorrow.

still in Kansas, so it's been busy seeing everyone.

hope everyone is enjoying their vacations and holidays!

I LOVE ALL OF YOU!!!!

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006
H "said" PA/EA over 8/2006
H erased OW off phone! 2/2007

"It is far better 2 choose humility & change oneself, than 2 wait in vain trying 2 chang someone else."
S
OP Offline
S
T... if you ever need to get me, http://www.mymonavie.com/crissy

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006

"It is far better 2 choose humility & change oneself, than 2 wait in vain trying 2 chang someone else."
T
T
are you gonna stop by mine ???

debut thread
T
T
alright ..if you are gonna play hard to get

debut thread
T
T
i gotcha ..monavie

debut thread
S
OP Offline
S
hey T,

did ya see I was having problem finding yours again.

I really think it's the browser, unless it's the website, but I will try to look up your thread and it tells me you cannot make another search, try later. so, I have to wait and then by that time, it's already the next day.

I guess I could try to look it up the other way, but I'm not sure where you are at in the forums, so it'd probably take me even longer.

I'll check my email and see if you caught me that way. sorry. \:\(

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006

I've not visited here prpeorly for the last 4 months or so but please know I am still STANDING for my marriage to be restored

ST, you're an inspiration AND and encouragement to MANY people here, thank & BLESS you \:\)

A message I received today:

Quote:
Hello everyone!

Happy New Year!! May 2009 be a year full of marriages restored, and spouses coming home and God's will being accomplished!

We start this New Year's Day with a note from Ronnie in Louisiana. Even though he wrote it to my yesterday, on New Year's Eve, it still is relevant today!

Here's Ronnie:

During the holidays people tend to get and send out many greeting cards. If you go to any greeting card store you realize that the card industry has printed cards for every topic and occasion you can think of. There are cards for Christmas, New Years, Birthday, Get well I even saw one congratulating someone on the results of their new plastic surgery.

Well with the card industry trying to make money with every topic I found it kind of strange that not even Hallmark has a card celebrating divorce, adultery, or walking our on your family. Now if the money hungry greeting card industry doesn't even want to mention these topics can you imagine how God looks at it?

Think about it. There are no, "congratulations for abandoning your spouse and children" cards. There are no, "you are a great person to have fun with in secret but not good enough to be seen in public" cards.

No "Happy anniversary for the day I first cheated on my spouse and started living in sin and shame" cards.

Most of the greeting cards celebrate the family. The Spouse. The Mothers and Fathers. The Children. The anniversary of your wedding. It's kind of refreshing to know that in a money hungry, extreme liberal, "any topic for money" industry like greeting cards, that even they respect the sanctity of marriage and family.

Now even though today's message was meant to be light hearted, the praying for the restoration of our marriages and families is not light hearted. God has called us to stand for the sanctity of what He put together, for the salvation of our spouses, and to trust in Him for our every need.

Today is the last day of 2008. Let's remember to use this day to praise our Lord for all the blessings we received this past year regardless of the hardships. Let's remember that just because we didn't receive the specific blessings we prayed for doesn't mean we have been denied those blessings.

2009 is upon us. Let's start the year off strong believing that our miracles are still coming from the Lord and our spouses are on the way home.

Stand. Fight. Pray.

Oh by the way, 2008 is still here for another day. Lets all pray in agreement on this last day for our spouses salvation and restoration of our marriages. You never know, 2008 may just go out with a miracle.

Ronnie

I also want to share with you the daily devotion I read last night from the Our Journey Devotional from Walk in the Word. I'm sure it will bless you as it blessed me!

Here it is:

Wednesday, December 31st
You're Not Forgotten

Luke 1:6-10 (ESV):
And they [Elizabeth and Zechariah] were both righteous before God, walking blamelessly in all the commandments and statutes of the Lord. But they had no child, because Elizabeth was barren, and both were advanced in years.

Now while he was serving as priest before God when his division was on duty, according to the custom of the priesthood, he was chosen by lot to enter the temple of the Lord and burn incense. And the whole multitude of the people were praying outside at the hour of incense.

Life was just unfair for Zechariah and Elizabeth. They were good people - but childless. They should have been at the front of the line for collecting God's blessing, but they lived their entire lives hoping for, yet never conceiving, a child. They were godly, but with empty arms. And now they were old.

You can't help but think they felt forgotten. There they were living righteous lives, praying about one thing, and God seemed to have overlooked them. Do You even see us over here, Lord? How many times they must have examined their hearts, making sure there was no sin or pride blocking their prayers. Then, having done all, they entrusted their lives to a sovereign God who it seemed simply said no to their request.

Perhaps you can identify with this faithful couple. Have you prayed about something for years and God has been silent to your request? Do you feel overlooked and forgotten in the private places of your heart?

That's how Zechariah must have felt stepping into the Holy of Holies that day in Luke 1:8-13. His day to serve in the Holy of Holies (an opportunity of a lifetime!) had come, but he was in for a huge surprise. Imagine this shocker when he walked in that holy place:

And there appeared to him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense. And Zechariah was troubled when he saw him, and fear fell upon him. But the angel said to him, "Do not be afraid, Zechariah, for your prayer has been heard, and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you shall call his name John. (vv. 11-13, emphasis added)

God dispatched an angel to tell Zechariah personally that his prayer had been heard. You are not forgotten, Zechariah.

This same God who delivered a miracle baby to that shriveled old couple is the same God who hears your prayer today. He is a God of comfort, His faithfulness is personal; He knows what causes your heart to ache. Yes, God works His will, but He never forgets you! And when God acts, hurdles like age or circumstances are just not a factor! The angel promised "joy and gladness" (v.14) for this couple. It's what is ahead for you, too, as you wait on the Lord.

- James MacDonald
walkintheword.com

Journal:

What parts of the Christmas season tend to stir up feelings of being forgotten? How will I handle those feelings this year?

Use Psalm 16:11 as your daily prayer this week. Seek His presence and the feelings will take care of themselves.

Lord Jesus, this season I won't let my feelings have the last word, but I’ll let them point me to You as the One who can fill me with joy! Amen.

That's all for today - be blessed and be a blessing! Happy New Year!!!

Love & hugs,

Ruth Anne
Hope For Hurting Marriages Ministry

The LORD your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.
~ Zephaniah 3:17 (NKJV)

Bomb dropped - (09-11-2006) my 9-11

My CURRENT Thread
S
OP Offline
S
CM, yes it has been a while since you've been on. how do you do? ;\) Hope your new year was a good one. thank you for all your messages you send. \:\)

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006

S
OP Offline
S
not much to share. had a decent time last night, and H finally went out with me with MY friends, it's been like 2 or 3 years since that's happened. It's usually always about his friends, always has been, but my friends don't drink like his do. anyways, we're at the restaurant with everyone and H says, your the volunteered designated driver. That really ticked me off. Sure, maybe I'm not a lush like everyone else, but I still like to drink occassionally. So I ordered a margarita right then. I was wanting to order it anyways, and had decided not too, until he told me that. I'm not sure how I woulda felt if he woulda asked me instead. I know I've had to do it many times for him, and he's done it maybe once or twice for me.

So, we get to his friends' house, 3 couples including us, and they're all like, talking about me being the driver and I said, ya, I just found out. so, for the first hour i was a little bitter, then decided to drink a couple frozen margaritas at the party (hardly any alchohol so no problems driving a couple hours later) and got over it...except my first drink got spilled all over me by my good friend who was already drunk, but she got me another one. I kinda felt like crying when that happened, but I let it go.

So, the night was fun, I finally got to see my H breakdance for the first time out of the 12 years I've known him. That was something that always bothered me, and I always told him I wanted to see him, but he'd always do it (well, the two times I know of) when I wasn't around. for some reason that always hurt my feelings.. like at our wedding, he did it and everyone ooh'd and aah'd except me cause I was in the bathroom.

Sooo, I was excited about that, even got a little bit on tape, but I started to think, oh, maybe he's kinda shy about it with me, like I don't like singing in front of him.

then, we head for somewhere else and I got caught up in drama, so I didn't get to party with the rest of the group. it's a long story, but one of the girls was really upset about being there, so I was trying to console her.

overall, it was a good night, cept we were out till 5am!

-------------

on my band, the drummer decided to back out for sure. which maybe is what God's intention is. I'm still somewhat hesitant to work with the other guy, as he has a very strong personality, but he seems very talented. and maybe this is the direction God is wanting me to go all along. IDK.

-----------------

I've also decided I'm starting to feel bitter again. I'm not sure what it is, but I know I need to get that R with Christ again. When I was in the middle of my sitch, of course I was so focused on Christ, it was all I could do to keep going, but now, it's so darn easy for me to just step back and take control of things my way. That is something I need to change this year. I need to just make a schedule for myself, for prayer, for bible time, for helping my kids grow in Christ. That is something I haven't been focused on enough of.

Oh, I do hope God has plans for my H to come to know the lord soon. I really need a Godly leader in my house.

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006

Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard