Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
#1479265 06/12/08 11:03 PM
OP Offline
So there seems to be alot of goings on here past few days and I thought maybe something new was needed.
Question for you all:

what are you going to do with all the photos of or with your x's especially wedding photos. I am stuck. I came across random photos today as I was going through boxes, (yes still no job) and cleaning up the garage. My first thought was to toss them, but then I just took them out of the frame and put them back in the box. Does it serve a purpose to keep photos of the X?

Would love your opinions or insight!

found out about affair 8/06
H moves out Nov/06
D final 8/07
X re marries OW 5/08

B
B
It IS part of your past. In my case, my daughter will want them someday. Now do I save them all? Nope. But some. For you, I think it would depend on the times you wanted a memory. It may also be today you're not ready to toss 'em. Tomorrow maybe you are.

B
B
Patron please

OP Offline
patron it is! It is hard to look back at the wedding photos and remember how happy I was only to feel the pain I got later

H moves out Nov/06
D final 8/07
X re marries OW 5/08

N
N
shoeprincess,

I just gave them to my exW. I figured she could do whatever she wanted with them. I think they really get to her! She mentioned about burning them or something.... Maybe, I should send her photos of my new W and I.... Wait..... The URL to our web site with lots of wedding pictures is in my e-mail signature.... I BET she has checked them out!

Take Care,

NMD

"Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. That is what makes a marriage last --more than passion or even sex!" - Simone Signoret
OP Offline
nmd, lol thats funny. My X let me have the pics, although I never said I wanted them. Maybe I could send them to him so his new W could see my fab shoes I had that day \:D j/k... I guess only time will tell what i do. Thanks for responding BH and NMD

H moves out Nov/06
D final 8/07
X re marries OW 5/08

P
P
Hi Shoe:

Hee hee - I was called The Shredder on the BB during my immediate post D days!

I didn't have any kids with The X so there was no need to preserve memories. I pulled out every single photo album, every single picture and every single negative that had an image of The X and shredded away. I shredded all my wedding pictures.

And then I shredded any piece of paper with The X's handwriting. And the final shredding frenzy was any piece of paper with my M name on it! LOL!

As for the wedding ring - it was a simple gold band. I tried to flush it down the toilet and well that is when I discovered that you can't flush rings! \:o It would disappear and then reappear - I think it is that silly curve in the pipe. I eventually fished it out and it is somewhere in bathroom...

I actually did save picture of my in-laws in a bag to give to The X b/c they had passed away just two years prior to my D and well I thought he would want them. He didn't and I finally threw those out last year.

take care,
AG

F
fig Offline
F
I think they are in my mom's basement

ummmmmmmmmmm

maybe????

dammit

I wanted some of that patron anjeho silver shiote that was 180 a bottle

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

R
R
My x wants any doubles that I have from pre-digital era, and a cd burnt of everything on the computer. Including the wedding. I have no idea what he plans on doing with all of that. I am in no rush to produce it, either, but it is in the agreement, so will have to be done.

Guaranteed that all the pics of CW were mysteriously damaged beyond recognition.

I took all of the pics around the house down days after the sep. I still have my albums, but they are shelved. Someday, I'll split them up for the kids. After x moved out, it was 8 months before I could even bring myself to pick up a camera (I didn't want to record the pain, or just me and the kids going out without him--I am over that!).

I still have every last friggin picture from day 1. Sure wish I had some of him in the nude I'd post them on the net or send them out as Christmas cards or just probably send them to To Catch a Preditor. (ok so I'm slapping myself across the face for that one!)

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard