Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
J
J
Ditto

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

"Why did I get married?" by Tyler Perry...

His movies are so funny, and I love his messages!

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
H
H
Quote:
Do you know the 80/20 rule ? In most cases, in marriage you are only going to get eighty percent of what you need. That’s it. No more, no less.
Most time eighty percent.
Now here comes this woman offering twenty percent.
Now twenty percent looks real good when you are not getting it.
But the problem is you are going to leave the eighty percent and thinking you were getting something better, and you end up with twenty percent."

I believe this is very well said. It even helped me to see it more clearly. Thank you for sharing.

Most of us really marry only once. First love endures, even unto our dying day. And we never really divorce.
OP Offline
Hope, I just thought it was really profound...glad it helped!

V

Aug '06: H moved out
July '08: H had a kid with the OW
May 12 '09: emancipation day

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

OP Offline
BND, I went to visit Torito and he walked of his own accord into the 'visiting' room!!!

I rubbed and scratched his belly...he loved it...then when it came time for me to leave, he wanted to go home too....my poor lovey!

True, I doubt that ANY of our S's were thinking positively regarding our marriages. And they would never tell us outright...my H didn't...maybe it is because they want to have their cake and eat it too.

sigh.....

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

OP Offline
Quote:

Could you imagine what could happen if the cheating spouse did that BND? The gates would open upstairs alright! Wow. What a thought. That would make to much sense though.

I agree Dar...

OP Offline
Jack, I don't know how true your statement is...it is probably very true about my sitch.

F
F
"What if..

The person wanting to have the affair actually told their Spouse that they were unhappy "

I heard this a lot. What I did not hear was how H planned to address the situation.

M: 16 years
Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy
Cooperative r w/X regarding D

OP Offline
I agree, Liss. I just did not believe he would have an affair. I believed that he would talk to me before it got to that point. Boy was I ever wrong.

It HAS been an hard lesson....

OP Offline
Breton, yeah, as my tag line reads, I was told our marriage was in a "funk". It wasn;t until he started his PA that he told me that he was unhappy.

Guess how he chose to address it was to have the physical affair. In truth, that is not handling it all...

Guess they have not handled things well at all...we have to be the ones to handle things...we have to be the ones to be strong during this storm...

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard