Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
S
spark Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I was just informed that not only is h not bringing Isabella home tonight but he is going to the famiily court house in the morning to petition for full custody. he is having his parents pick up isabella and take her to new jersey for the week.

he is doing this -- I KNOW -- because of what went down this week -- I wouldn't sign sep papers, wouldn't let him in the house, he took my keys, etc.

I'M SO SCARED i CAN'T THINK STRAIGHT!! I have called my lawyer and haven't heard back. my dad is on his way here but might not make it in time for the court hearing at 9am. I'm a good mom, HE LEFT ME -- US!!!! Why is he doing this to me!!! Can he really take my daughter from me??? I feel like I'm dying here.

I know he is going to use the "zoloft" card on me. I am under a doctor's care and my attny said that isn't an issue. he also has journals that he photocopied of mine that were just my own inner thoughts, nothing horrible from last fall when I was depressed.

I'm terrified of losing her. someone please give me some hope!

V
V
I don't think he has any chance at all of getting full custody. Stay calm. tell the truth. Don't panic.

I think his motives will be clear. He's trying to get you to react, and to use her to manipulate you. It will only work it you let it.

(((((maryangela)))))

S
spark Offline OP
OP Offline
S
do you really think so? I'm so scared!! why all of a sudden is he doing this? I keep vomiting, I'm not kidding. how am I going to get through tonight??

V
V
I think so. Like you said, he is doing this because you are not giving him his way. It isn't because he really wants full custody, he is really trying to blackmail you. He knows you, he thinks you'll panic, and give in to whatever he wants. He might keep her for a few days, let your lawyer work. Stay calm, panic just gives him ammunition.

S
S
How can there be a hearing at 9AM tomorrow? You would need to have notice of a hearing. You can call your doctor for something to help you get through the night.

S
S
What is your relationship like with your in-laws? Will they let you visit with Isabella while she is there? This is an unbelievable situation. Have you had a new key made for the car? If that key does not come in the mail on Monday, then you should have the car towed and get a key made.

S
spark Offline OP
OP Offline
S
he's going for an emergency temp. document of custody (which I KNEW I should have done weeks ago). he isn't bringing d home and my in-laws are taking her to jersey. I'm terrified.

S
spark Offline OP
OP Offline
S
they are a very tight-knit italian family. they are not on my side, believe me.

V
V
From what you've said, he doesn't have any basis to actually succeed. He is trying to control you. Have patience in the short term, I really think things will be ok in the long term. Stay calm, or you'll just be helping him. Again, I'll bet he has no interest in permanent full custody, he's just trying to get you to do what he wants.

S
spark Offline OP
OP Offline
S
dry heat -- I KNOW that's why he's doing it, but what if he makes up a bunch of lies and the judge takes his side???? I have never been so scared in my life. I WILL be calm at the hearing tomorrow, but I'm sick right now. god, help me.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard