Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
OP Offline
Been a bad week for me. Found out my X got married a few weeks ago. I knew it was going to happen but for some reason it is still hard to swallow. Then friday I was layed off again. So here I am jobless and left wondering what direction my life is going. Can't help but think about how X's life seems to be sailing along just fine. He is re married, working on becoming a photographer . I guess he had a showing of some of his work at a winery this weekend. Yes I am having a pitty party. He is the one who did wrong not me? I thought good things were supposed to happen to good people? Not reward the bad ones. ugg. And to top off my friday, I was waiting at a light to turn, and who drives by? OW. Soemthing tells me I have not moved on and I am not over what has happend. Why cant I let it go? I know people say dont let the WAS's actions effect your emotions but come on.. It happens and we can't deny it. Please dont' beat me too hard with the 2x4. I am already low. Thanks for listining.

found out about affair 8/06
H moves out Nov/06
D final 8/07
X re marries OW 5/08

T
T
{{{shoe}}}

I should be offering you a drink instead of asking so what's your poison tonight?

So sorry about everything. No 2x4's from me tonight.

OP Offline
thanks Trip. I am still giving out the drinks. 1 for you 2 for me... Just beer for me tonight.

H moves out Nov/06
D final 8/07
X re marries OW 5/08

B
B
Oh Kym, I know how you feel. My X remarried 14 days after the divorce. He seems to be doing fine and i was left to try to take care of the mess he made of our house.....and our lives, and to try to pick up the pieces. Yep, they did wrong but they seem to be doing fine. It sucks, I agree. But I think in the long run we are better off. Would we want to be with someone with so little integrity? We have our values, and they have a marriage that has a slim chance of survival, and they have to live with what they did, even if it doesn't seem to have any effect on them right now. So no 2X4 from me, just a hug and some sympathy. I know how you feel and I totally have been there.l So now pour me a drink and look ahead to the good stuff that is sure to to be coming!!!!!!

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." Jon Kabat-Zinn

Suzy
M: 6/22/85; D: 1/31/08
OP Offline
thanks BND. I always appreciatte when you stop by. drinks are flowing, take your pick.

H moves out Nov/06
D final 8/07
X re marries OW 5/08

S
S
I too am sorry that you're going through this because I know EXACTLY how you feel. I said goodbye today of every hope I ever had about any sort of R with stbxw. I actually believed that until this day that some miracle would allow her to see the sincere remorse I feel for my part in the demise of our M and know that together we could overcome this. Unfortunately I'm a naive bumpkin that can't seem to read the writing on the wall. I wish that I could offer some relief through my expierence but tonight I'm at the same party next door.
You're not alone.

Thank God for another beautiful day.
OP Offline
thanks sad1. I am sorry you are going threw what you are. Guess we all have some sort of a party going on huh?

H moves out Nov/06
D final 8/07
X re marries OW 5/08

R
R
Shoe--
I am so sorry to hear the news--it probably is effecting you more because you are dealing with more than one stressor at the same time. No 2x4s...

I just read somewhere here that our hearts might stay swiss-cheese, that we get past it but never really get over it.

Don't deny how you are feeling (it will only prolong the process)--you are the NORMAL one who feels sadness at this! But you know that these feelings are not with you all the time, as they once were.

Try to see the employment and freedom from a R as a kind of new beginning for you...What is it that you have always really wanted to do? Can you squeeze in some travel before you have to get back down to work?

OP Offline
Hi Donna,
I would love to take a trip right now to clear my head . Maybe just a weekend trip to the coast. Swiss cheese. Yep that about explains my heart.

H moves out Nov/06
D final 8/07
X re marries OW 5/08

T
T
Was thinking about how I have said in the past that you just can't shut of your feelings because one mate chooses to leave the marriage. Good, bad, happy or sad, feelings are feelings. You can help yourself to feel better or different but you can't make yourself feel nothing at all.

I am having beer, too!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard