Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1438272 05/07/08 12:37 PM
Tia Offline OP
OP Offline

Here's Tipper's story... /Tia

Thanks everybody for your well-wishes.

I can admit I am nervous but only due to our past history of him yo-yoing. I hope this is for real this time. It does seem different in many ways from our last few reconciliation attempts. For example, this time:

*I changed (did a 180) by showing tuff love and setting up many boundaries after he left for the 3rd time this past feb/march.
*(during our 3rd try at our M),I was the one last time that blew up at him and told him he has treated me badly for too long and that we cant have a healthy reconciliation if he is drinking and at the bars all the time.
*He immediately started to come around more and offered to do many small kind helpfull tasks for me.
*He wanted to talk with me this past week, and usually I would have jumped at the chance, but this time I made him wait a week and a half to face me in person.
*He text me several "I love you" texts throughout that week and I didnt respond to any of them(I used to), except to tell him that he broke my boundaries and to not do it again when he called after midnight one night.----He even apologized for that.
*This time his mom told me afterwards that my H stopped by thier house that morning and seemed really different and remorseful and actually opened up to his parents for the first time about how bad he felt for what he has done to our R.
*This time he wasnt pushy to move back in or to get me in the sack.
*He was ok with a quick visit that night and we set it up to start as friends & see where it goes.
*He was very apologetic to me for the first time and said he understands my pain and need to take this slow.

All these things are different from the past times we reconnected so I hope that this is the end of his yo-yo cycling.
It seems to me to be much more of an awakening than any time before.

All of a sudden while we were talking about his work & recent jobs I happen to look down at his left hand & noticed that:
HE PUT HIS WEDDING RING BACK ON
- the first time with out any persuasion from me in like about 2 &1/2yrs.
HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!
MY HEART SKIPPED LIKE A THOUSAND BEATS AND MY SMILE WAS FROM EAR TO EAR FOR LIKE A MINUTE STRAIGHT.
I regained my composure and didnt say a word to him that I had noticed.
He left at 11:00 as he said, and on his way out I walked him to the door and I gave him a good kiss good bye and we plan on walking the dog or going bowling tommorow around 4.

WOW - I hope this is not a dream. I hope he doesnt change his mind ever again. I want to rebuild this - I hope we can.
TIPPER

yeah!!!

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard