Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
BarbieDoll #1426327 04/25/08 01:32 PM
Hi Barb,

I am just catching up today on threads. But wanted to thank you for caring. \:\)

Hope you have a great Friday.

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
psluke #1426418 04/25/08 03:00 PM
C
C
Quote:
Gonna clean a bit before the cleaning woman comes.

lol! my friend did that too, so the lady wouldnt' think she was slob :P

Not as funny as the dope sticker (loved it!) but I liked : "save the crabs.. then eat them"

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
cat03 #1426862 04/25/08 08:47 PM
OP Offline
Thanks Pam! Hope your day is better. Mine got weird. Later...

Cat: Oh no - not crabs! My ex had a licence sticker that said "CRABB" when we were together. Guess with me gone it was just CRAB. CRABB is Chuck, Ryan, Ashley, Brandon & Barb. He ordered it the day Ashley was born. The plate is in my garage - he no longer wants it. When we first learned of the affair, Brandon told him he disowned him so I told him he had to take our initials off his licence plate and replace him with hers "MP" (Maggot Pig - oops, no those really are her initials). And he would have CRAMP - cuz that's what she would put in his style. Or just her last name P and he'd have CRAP cuz that's what he deserved. I really left this on his VM - LOL - Silly Stuff.

A couple of months later I was on a layover in Baltimore and bought him a t-shirt "GOT CRABS???" Even he thought it was funny.

I'll update on the rough day stuff in a bit.

Barb

BarbieDoll #1426868 04/25/08 08:50 PM
C
C
LOL, Brandons are smart, I got one meself \:\)

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
cat03 #1427045 04/26/08 12:46 AM
OP Offline
Well, well, started like the day from Hell. But got better...

Cats got me up 2 hours earlier than I wanted. 6 AM - not happy. Ran around tidying up for cleaning woman who is to arrive at 10. I left the house 25 min later - no sign of her. Grrrr...

But shopping was awesome. I have wanted to change my bedroom to a soft seablue/green. Found the perfect bedding today in that colour. Got it all - sheets, bedskirt, shams, pillows and drapery. I am so excited! Managed to get a new front door mat and some other stuff too. Can't wait to put it all together. I need some curtain rods and will need to finish washing the sheets.

Came home to an emergency message from my good friend. Call Immediately. What now? I have failed to keep you up to date the past couple of weeks on her. She is the one whose son was trafficking. She imposed tougher curfews on him. He ignored that. Wants no rules. Finally moved out about 2 weeks ago. He moved from friend to friend. My friend was devestated. She would call me at midnight then again at 7. It was constant and it was tiring but I needed to be there for her.

Her son is only 17. He got picked up last week for shoplifting. Was released to his sister (20) then fled as soon as the cop turned his back. The next day, he got kicked out of nightschool (he was attending to get an extra credit) for showing up high. Then he called the house and invited his dad and sister out for dinner to show off the BMW he just bought. My friend and the daughter came over here right after that. Sister said he drove like a maniac. His dad talked him into moving back home but to new curfews. He agreed. I wasn't so sure it would work out.

Today he was speeding and hit a pedestrian. An 80 year old man crossing the road. He is in now in jail. The elderly man is in hospital. We think he is going to be ok but he has fractures and head injuries. My friend is also in hospital. She has been on a heart monitor and her nerves and BP were shot this week. This news sent her into shock and she collapsed. She called me to come to the hospital.

Her son has been charged with Careless driving causing bodily harm. He will spend at least the night in jail. He has a bail hearing in the morning. We are all sick. This is a kid who has never missed my Christmas party since he was born. He helped me move, put up shelves for me, cleaned my hottub, fixed my vaccuum cleaner last year and came over every time I got a new kitten cause he loves kittens too. This is so hard for all.

But hopefully it will teach him a better lesson. His parents will let him handle it all on his own. Pay his fines, legal fees and losses with the car. He will lose his licence for an undetermined amount of time. He is one month from his 18th birthday so he will not have a record.

My friend will call me again late tonight. There is nothing I can do but listen. But it breaks my heart. SHe and the daughter are going on a cruise in just over a week. A chance to get away from the mess. I've taught her well= LOL

When I got home there was a huge bouquet of spring flowers on the island. "To Help you get through the next couple of weeks. Love Josh". It is dance recital time. It is crazy busy. We don't give each other gifts often. But that was special. And timely.

My day from Hell sure had some silver linings in it.

Barb

BarbieDoll #1427061 04/26/08 01:16 AM
Oh Barb, I'm so sorry to hear the latest on your friend and her S. What an awful situation. She's lucky to have you for a friend. I really hope that her S learns from this mistake and the fact that it could've turned out much differently.

Your Josh is a gem!!!!

qoe100 #1427103 04/26/08 02:40 AM
OP Offline
Thanks Jilly:

I always complain that Josh is not big on flowers and the demonstrative things in a romantic R. He is cuddly and sweet and the fact he loves to cook gourmet for me is great. But rarely are there hearts and flowers. Today just knocked me over!

I actually have a gift for Josh too. It is something I've been working on or planning on for a long time. It is a miniature scene in a shadow box. I had planned to something wine related and started collecting things 3 years ago. Couldn't quite put it together then I had the chance to take a class in Chicago - "The Wine Cove". It is a framed scene with a set in cove on stuccoed walls - that was a messy job! There are 2 weathered planters on the wall with ivy hanging down from them - yes - I made every leaf and grapevine branch. On the ledge of the cove (its kind of like a window - there is a bottle of red with 2 full glasses (I learned to make fake Merlot in Fort Lauderdale in a class). There are lots of vines and grapes in 3 colours.

Below the cove I put a very ornate Italian looking chair with a barrel beside it. The barrel has checkered cloth on top with a wine glass, grapes, baguette and corkscrew. On the other side is a small table with more bottles of wine, grapes and a plate of bread and lots of different cheeses. An old wooden basket holds more grapes and on the floor is a rusted tin basket with even more grapes.

The piece de resistance is an old metal curved sign over the arch of the cove. I wrote on it in fine goldleaf "Albert Vineyards". Albert is the family name.

I am leaving it open to dry right now as everything has been glued in place. I will attach the frame tommorrow and it can be hung on the wall or stood on a table.

OK, I'm sure that was boring to read but I'm so proud of this work. I will take some photos tommorrow.

Barb

BarbieDoll #1427276 04/26/08 12:38 PM
OP Offline
Morning!

It was supposed to rain but it is actually quite sunny and very warm. Yep - already. yep - in Canada!

There is a 2 page write-up in the paper about K's accident. Shows his nice little beamer with the windshield smashed. It was within view of his high school so the kids were taken for crisis counselling since many of them witnessed the crash. The part that is most bothersome about it is that apparently K and his passengers did not approach the victim and he commented only about damage to his car! Police commented that he appeared very arrogant about the whole thing.

The gentleman is in stable condition. At the scene, apparently, he commented "At least he didn't kill me". K has been charged and is in court at present. I am heartsick for my friend. She and I have commented frequently in the past month or so how much K's behaviour mirrors Chuck's. It is like Terrible Twos, Teens and Mid Life Crisis. The behaviour is all so irresponsible and self centered.

I need to put this out of my mind. Have to finish framing Josh's gift and take photos of it, the flowers, my latest projects and the elevator shaft. I also have to wrap Brandon's gifts. This afternoon I'm off to Toronto. Josh and I will meet Brandon downtown for dinner then most likely go to his sister's house and spend time with his family. One of those rare occasions. Tommorrow I will stop in Hamilton (halfway home) where I will attend my nephew's confirmation and go out to dinner with my family.

And that's it in Barbie's world today.

Have a good Saturday!

Barb

BarbieDoll #1427915 04/27/08 12:54 PM
Barb,

I am so sorry your friend is going through this horrible time and hope the boy learned something from the experience.

Hugs to you for being there for her.

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
psluke #1428372 04/28/08 12:32 AM
OP Offline
Thanks Pam! Sometimes we're weak and other times we're strong. But it's best to be there for our friends when we can - we never know when we'll need them to do the same for us.

Just talked to my friend. Son was released on bail to his parents home. He cannot leave except to go to school. He cannot associate with any of the friends he has been hanging around with. He must report to a probation officer. He has lost his licence for a long time - no one knows for sure - that will depend on his day in court.

So she is still going on her cruise with her daughter and her H will take the week off to babysit their son. I'm glad to hear this. Son will need rides to school, night school and coop. This will take much of their time away from work. I did offer to give him some rides as this is something I can do. He needs to graduate in order to get on track. I feel I should do this when I can.

The newspaper really sensationalized the story. I was hoping my friend would not see it. But she did. She is not happy about it but there is not much we can do. It was a bad thing all around.

The pedestrian who was hit is doing ok in hospital. The police say that the family holds no grudge. Man - I don't know if I would feel that way. But it did make my friend feel some better.

And that's the update on that situation.

Had a nice w/e in Toronto. We took Brandon out to a lovely restaurant downtown in the theatre district. As we were walking along, all dressed up (just Josh and I as we were about to meet Brandon), I am 99% sure I saw my ex and maggot drive by. I recognized both the car and my ex. I'll be he had to take maggot since she was left out last week when he took the kids out. Hmmm... I KNOW he saw me. On the arm of my handsome Josh! Ha!

Nice visit with Josh's family. I am quite comfortable with them. Made some time today after breakfast to go for a nice walk along the lake. Then headed out to Hamilton for my nephew's confirmation and dinner out with all my siblings, most nieces and nephews and my dad. It was fun!

I'm tired. My week looks busy and stressful. I'll be done work in 12 days. YEAH!

Barb

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard