Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1413985 04/10/08 11:08 PM
B
OP Offline
B
I posted the following about a week ago in the WAW syndrome forum, but didn’t get much response, so thought I’d try here even though this forum is geared more towards those who have walked away.

so, after 9 months of separation, not always doing the right thing with respect to DB, but trying my best, I received the following e-mail from my WAW. We have been discussing D and even went to a mediator back in Nov, so the topic of D is no surprise, but what is a surprise is her tone at this stage. The last couple of months have been relatively peaceful and we were getting along well. I had even come to peace with the fact that we may be ending our marriage and have been nothing but cooperative and kind. I have not pushed or resisted. She even expressed doubts on 2 occasions in the past month and half.

My signature at bottom kind of sums up the details of when things happened. I most certainly contributed a great deal to the demise of the marriage by taking her for granted, being too controlling, and just not understanding what it means to love unconditionally. I know this pushed her into the EA and then PA with her co-worker. I have devoted a great deal of time trying to learn where I went wrong and believe I have embraced the principles of DB quite well. I'm at a stage in the process where D is not as scary as it used to be, but what is so hurtful is her hateful tone. I have not heard this since she left 9 months ago.

She seems to be depending on me to get the D done even though I made it clear that while I would provide her with all the information she needs for the paperwork, I would not be the one to finalize everything. so maybe this is her guilt being expressed??? Maybe from her perspective it would be much easier if I despised her, so is this an attempt to get me to react and be angry with her? If so, it's not working.

here's the e-mail I received:

"can we set some sort of deadline for finishing the divorce paperwork? I had thought we would be wrapping it up by the end of January, & filled out this year's w-2's as "single" status. this is something that will show legally & I need to have things matched up. I don't want to get screwed on my taxes. I get the feeling that you still think I am "on the fence" about getting divorced. if there is any question about this you need to know that if you sensed confusion or uncertainty about what I want.... this is what I want! I want a divorce! I don't want to be with you. I am not going to change my mind no matter how nice you are to me now or how much you try to show me that you have "changed". I don't care. I am not coming back to you! I want to finish this! I hope we can stay civil about this but we are not going to be buddies right now. I thought that doing this type of a divorce would be possible. is it? are you going to finish it & give it back soon? please stop this cycle that you've got me in & let me go!!! I’m done!"

so that e-mail was at the end of March, just a couple of weeks ago. We met last night, April 9th, for coffee and I gave her the mediation paperwork with all my information filled out. She put the folder in her bag and thanked me, but that was the extent of our conversation about D. she presented no timelines, and basically didn’t say anymore about it and was pleasant and happy. We spent about 40 minutes just catching up and laughing. It was an all around great evening.

Despite our ability to get along well, especially when I don’t resist at all, it really seems as though she has her heart set on ending the M. I think a lot of it has to do w/ the R w/the co-worker going well, but I suppose at this point my best option is just to continue to be the best friend I can be and make every interaction positive and see where that leads. Will be curious to hear from those who have walked. My wife has been out of the house for 10 months now and pretty much seeing OM entire time, although they're not living together.

Me: 35
WAW: 34
T: 7.5 yrs
M: 3 yrs (2/14/05)
no kids
ILYB...& EA Bomb 1/5/07
S - 6/15/7
PA started 6/16/07
D Final 10/14/08
C
C
Brantacan, First welcome, and I'm sorry you have found yourself here. It is an awful place to be. I am a WAW, who is trying as hard as I can to get my H/R/M all back, I realize the mistake/s that I made when I left....so I will do my best to try to answer any and all questions that you may have.

I can't help but think that your W may be caught up in the "dream" of the OM has to offer. She is probably seeing in him qualities that she once saw in you....try hard to find who you were when the two of you first started to date. I read on one of the threads that the 180's that are the most meaningful are the ones that will stand out the most to your S. In other words, the thing that bothered her the most during your R/M, do the opposite. You are doing great work by being a friend to her. I think that for now doing that is your best option. Try as hard as you can to not get upset or angry, it will not work in your favor and she is probably looking for these types of reactions from you.

As for the email she sent you, that was harsh. I wish I could give you some wisdom on it, but I can not. I will say this....looking back on the last 6 months that I lived with my H, and the first 4 months in which we were seperated, I refer to myself in that time frame as the "mean angry monster!!" I can not believe some of the things I said, and did, but it was anger and resentment that I had built up inside of me, and unfortunatly my H and our R/M took the kick in the stomach for this anger.

I wish you all the luck in the world with your sitch. I know how it feels to want your S back and to not have that happening, just down right sucks, but keep your chin up. You can do this, you are doing it. Take it one minute, one hour and one day at a time.

If I can answer any questions for you let me know...I will try \:\)

take care
christarn

H-32
Me-29
T-10years
M-4yr (10/04)
Me- WAW 1/07
I filed for D 2/07
D put on hold 5/07
H re-files for D 9/08
WOW! trying MC 10/08

"Work like you don't need the money, dance like nobody is watching, love like you've never been hurt!"
H
H
Brantacan,

I echo Christa's comments above. I would be careful about making any concrete judgements about whether of not your W is done. My H was terribly cruel to me following the bomb until I really began DBing.

I started to see a permanent turn in our interactions when I showed my H that I detached. I think this is exactly what your W needs from you. Here is what I told my H, "I understand that you do not wish to be married at this time however, I still need time to cope with the sitch. I am not holding out hope for our marriage and only want to work on building a friendship." Since then we have had only positive interactions and he has opened up to a friendship often contacting me to spend time together and most recently including me in his future and using we.

All the best!

Last edited by HOPEFULinCALI; 04/12/08 12:19 AM.

WAW now LBS part I & II
WAW now LBS part III(current)
T: 9 yrs
M: 8 yrs
WAW: Sep 06-Jul 07
LBS: Sep 07-pres.

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard