Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
OP Offline
Happy Monday Friends!

Well I hope all you Mothers on the board had a great Mother's day! My beautiful, talented and wonderful daughter was home from school this weekend. Sunday morning she walked to the coffeeshop near our house and got me my non-fat latte and a sweet roll...then presented me with an iPod! I must have been the only person in California without one, but I have one now! Thanks! DD!

Her Dad picked her up around 10:30 and he handed me a card with a $100 bill inside. Perfect, since DD and I had spent Saturday at Nordstrom Rack getting clothes. She is tall, and wears a size 10 shoe, and they were having a special shoe event for sizes 10-14...so how could we resist! Actually we scored. Got lots of great summer clothes at a very decent price.

Saturday night I went to a wedding. It was a lovely candlelit ceremony. I apparently had a bit much to drink...I got home late and had spilled some cake on my skirt. DD got out the Spray and Wash, which apparently threw me into a fit of giggles. She tells me that I said, "Spray and Wash? What's that?" It was just the right amount of drunk, tho. Not much of a hangover the next day...simply groggy and slower to get going than usual.

CG is on a business trip in Denver. He called me last night! We had a nice chat...he is having fun in the Mile High city planning an event. I was really surprised to get the call. It was just chatty. (tee hee)

This week is going to be busy for me. Which is good. I like a certain amount of busy!

Have a great day everyone!

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

Hi SG,

I e-mailed my friend the other day as I had a good photo of my Callie girl I wanted to share with her. Also let her know my friend,(you) were trying to reach her.

She suggested you e-mail her or if you liked and I gave her your e-mail address she would e-mail you. I didn't want to do that without seeing if you wanted me too so I'm letting you know. Maybe since then you have talked to her! \:\)

Hope you and everyone are doing well. Funny how I never thought I would stop reading and writing here. But for now it seems I have done so.

Take care. \:\)

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
psluke #1444096 05/13/08 01:41 PM
OP Offline
Thanks Pammie!

We have been in phone contact...that is voicemail tag. I haven't talked to the Rally person, just the agility one. And if you have been reading my sit at all, I have been a little overwhelmed.

Hope all is going well with YOU!

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

OP Offline
Happy Tuesday Friends!

Well, yesterday was quite productive. I was looking at my homeowners policy and realized that A.) Ex H was still listed as co-owner and B.) it would be prudent to upgrade the coverage, since it has been about 10 years. So I went and talked to my Insurance lady, who is also a friend of mine. I have known her since before DD was born! She is about my age, and she was an agent for the owner when I first met her. We had a nice visit. Then off to Home Depot to look into replacing the hood damaged by the fire, and also to find out how to clean that darn smoke! It turns out that replacing the hood won't be too bad. And I have been wanting to strip that ugly old 70's wallpaper from the kitchen anyway! So starting next week we (and I mean that in the "royal we" sense) will be giving the kitchen a budget makeover.

After Home Depot I went for a long walk with my friend, her dog and Argo. These long walks are great for chatting and sorting things out. Then, on the computer late at night, I got an e-mail from someone who found me on Facebook...someone I knew 25 years ago in college! What a surprise.

This week is starting to feel pretty busy. I am hosting a party here on Saturday, and there is still lots to do. These biopsies and fires and things have a way of getting in the way of my social life! LOL!

Hope everyone has a great day.

SG

Survival Goddess

Hi SG,

No, I didn't read. I'm sorry to hear you have been overwhelmed.

I was e-mailing with the Rally person. I thought she was the one you had been trying to reach. No problem.

Take care and I hope things get better for you.

Hugs.

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
OP Offline

I thought my biopsy appointment was today. I had a very busy day yesterday and came home around 8. The appointment reminder on my voicemail said that the appointment was for Friday! I was stunned because I truly believed that it was supposed to be today. I had my ride lined up and a friend was scheduled to come over tonight to walk the dog...I called the radiologist, but of course it was late at night and they weren't there. So first thing this morning I got a call from her, and long story short, we are re-scheduled for next Thursday.

For some time I have been praying/visualizing for good "helpers" for me. Well...A good friend from 20 years ago moved into my neighborhood last year and we have been enjoying being friends and neighbors again. It was her dad that helped me with the slider to the patio...anyway... she came over yesterday and completely cleaned up all the fire damage! At least all that could be cleaned up at this time. She even stayed over and cleaned while I was out working. I came home and was overwhelmed with gratitude that she had done that.

I had an idea for summer work for myself just the other day, and last night a business man friend of mine called me and invited me to advertise my business at a big community event today. So I need to make my flyer, and it is good that the biopsy was rescheduled because now I can participate in this event and get clients for my summer computer classes.

The thing that bothers me most about the mix up tho is that I was SURE it was supposed to be today. I don't know how I made such a big mistake.

Till next time...

SG

Survival Goddess

psluke #1448840 05/17/08 02:03 PM
OP Offline
Happy Saturday Friends!

Well life has been busy and interesting. Fun and flirty e-mail exchange going on w/ CG as he is again out of town...and plans to get together next weekend. yay!

Also, on the job front...I have made it to the next tier on a GREAT job that I really want. It would actually be my dream job with a dream company and really the best of both worlds (public/private) because it is education affiliated but not tied to the Governator's whims like the public sector is.

I am hosting a party tonight for my dear friend and colleague who is moving to the east coast. I will miss her, but it will be fun to see all my good friends...too bad the weather is going to be over 100~ (my face turns kinda red when I am hot...)

OK friends, I hope you are all doing well. Remember to schedule a little time for yourself, or to do something nice for yourself today. You deserve it!

SG

Survival Goddess

K
kml Offline
K
Oooh, good luck on the job, SG!

Hey - whatcha doin' Sunday June 1st? Care to come help me move S21 into his new apartment in Berkeley? ;\)

Ellie

kml #1448952 05/17/08 05:01 PM
OP Offline
It looks like I am clear...If you come early or late we could take my S22's tour in the City!

SG

\:D

Survival Goddess

K
kml Offline
K
That'd be fun, don't know how our time will work out. We'll actually come up Friday night, spend Saturday shopping for furniture and kitchen stuff, then Sunday is move-in day (unless we can get the landlord to let us in Saturday). We'll probably crash at one of his friend's or at my aunt's house in Walnut Creek until the apartment is available.

I debated renting a minivan here and bringing up some of our excess furniture, but the math didn't really pencil out. So we'll fly up, rent a minivan there, and hit garage sales and mattress stores etc. His things from his dorm room will be in one of those storage pods that will be delivered to his apartment.

Ellie

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard