Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
K
OP Offline
K
OK - This gets even better. I get on the internet and google her and find out she and a "friend" who she was attracted to last year bought a house together in March in a city 5 hours away. So I've been moping around here waiting for NOTHING!!

I called her ex (before me) and she confirmed that it was her but said out of respect for GF she could say nothing else. I said I'm glad you respect her because I don't. Well, I started typing her another text and she calls. She said "leave me alone, stop calling my friends, get help, you are deranged." That's it. I went ahead and sent the text. It said, I must look like a fool. All you had to do was tell me the truth and I would have been happy for you because I am a nice & sane person.

I think she's lost her mind. Please give me some feedback.

N
N
((((K))))

I'm sorry - I know this hurts.

I don't want to add to the hurt... but I'm also not sure how to say this delicately. I'll do my best OK?

Quote:
Well, I started typing her another text and she calls. She said "leave me alone, stop calling my friends, get help, you are deranged."

From her perspective, you probably do look a bit deranged. Did you ever have someone you broke up with who JUST DIDN'T GET IT??

It's not so different from a lot of the M'd couples on here - many times the WAS is still confused but certainly there are cases where they are flat out DONE by the time they drop the bomb. My SIL was that way. I think this last time, your GF was that way. The times before she was still confused, but this time she was truly done in her mind/heart.

Quote:
I must look like a fool. All you had to do was tell me the truth and I would have been happy for you because I am a nice & sane person.

A couple of things here... she DID tell you the truth. That she didn't want to be with you anymore. Right? I don't recall her stringing you along or lying to you, simply not talking to you? (I could be remembering incorrectly though).

I know it's not exactly the same thing, but in my mind it's almost like you two have D'd and you still feel you have a right to know what's going on in her life.

Quote:
I think she's lost her mind.

Not wanting to be in an R with you anymore doesn't equal losing her mind. It means she doesn't want to be in an R with you anymore.. that's it.

(((K)))

I'm sorry, I know that none of that is easy to think about.

I've thought all along that you needed to detach. Moreso now, obviously - it is most definitely time to move on.

Me 35, H 38; Together 13.5 yrs, M 7
Bomb 1 10/07/06
Sep'd 1/14/07 - 4/15
Piecing: 4/07 - 9/07
Bomb 3 10/11/07: Never loved you, let's separate
2/08 slowly improving
7/08 Piecing (7/25/08 rings back on!!)
Current thread
K
OP Offline
K
Thanks Nik. I appreciate the advice. I guess I was looking at things differently. The crazy thing about the lesbian community is that you usually part friends. At least, that's been my experience. After all we've shared, I just thought it would have been "nice" for her to call and explain - "I'm moving to Timbuktu with New GF. Just wanted you to hear it from me before anyone else." At least, that's what kind of relationship she and her ex had/have. Her ex actually called several times crying, etc. while I was there and GF NEVER told her to "leave me alone." Why is it different this time?

I know...move on, detach, get a life, give her up. I have no choice. Thanks for the hugs. I need them.

N
N
You're welcome K.

It sounds like your R with her was pretty volatile. Maybe she thought the only way to make a clean break was to end it COMPLETELY. ??

Or maybe she was afraid she couldn't be "just friends" with you for long?

Who knows... we could speculate all day long. But those are my first thoughts on why it's probably different.

Bomb 1 10/07/06
Sep'd 1/14/07 - 4/15
2/08 slowly improving
Current thread
K
OP Offline
K
I am devastated. I was doing so well. I would have just prolonged this grief, but if I hadn't driven by there I would still be happy and hopeful. Now, I can't think of one reason to be hopeful. I called my shrink and made an appointment for this afternoon. I talked to about 6 different friends yesterday, all with varying advice.

I know I'm looking for one ray of sunshine in this pile of shi#. But it is possible that she and the "friend" are "just friends" and "friend" co-signed the mortgage for her. I can't imagine moving to a new city and buying a house though unless it's with a lover. If it were me, I would have just gotten an apartment if I was just "getting away" for awhile. And why didn't they just move into "friend's" old house? Why a "new" one? She had a nice house already I think.

I just can't believe this is happening. I only slept 5 hours last night. I kept waking up and asking myself if it was a dream or real. Through the end of December, GF was still talking about, "It's not right, God doesn't want it, I'll never be with another woman, etc." Then, Feb. 1 the house is up for sale and March 25, the "new" house was purchased. I'm a little shocked at the timing. Doesn't that sound extremely quick - to "fall in love" with an old friend (they were friends from way back) and spend enough time together in one or 2 months (and 5 hours apart) to make the decision to buy a house together and live together? It sounds crazy.

This would all be so much easier to deal with if I knew the facts. I can't find anyone who knows the facts and will tell me. She frieked out yesterday when I called her "ex" so I don't think calling her mother will be appropriate. She'd probably have me arrested (if you can do that).

I know - it's time to give her up. BUT if she is still "friends" and "friend" just co-signed to help her escape her life in this state and she is still confused about me, religion, what to do, etc., What would I do to keep the doors open for any possibility of reconciliation? Is there anything besides leave her alone?

Thanks. Any advice is appreciated and very helpful.

M
M
Originally Posted By: Kinlovewithm
What would I do to keep the doors open for any possibility of reconciliation?
Respond to any contact she makes in a friendly manner, make it okay for her to contact you if she does.

At this point, there's nothing else.

(((k)))

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
K
OP Offline
K
Thanks Michelle. I guess you're right.

What is your take on the situation though? Do you think it's definitely romantic or is there a chance it's platonic?

N
N
(((K)))

I think Michelle's advice is right on. That's all you can do. Anything more will just make you look more "deranged" in her eyes at this point.

I'm glad you have an appt. with the shrink later.

Quote:
I am devastated. I was doing so well.

I think you've done well at GAL, limiting contact, etc. all this time but one thing you never really did was detach. You (and all of us) need to get to a point of "I KNOW I will be OK and make a great life for myself, with our without [spouse/gf/whoever]." It is not easy, at all. I find this site really helpful: http://www.coping.org/control/detach.htm. I may have posted it to you before, but it can be helpful to revisit.

Different parts of this have "spoken" to me in the past and at various times in my sitch. I started to quote a few things I thought were relevant to you and realized I was copying/pasting about half the page so I don't want to risk copyright issues - but hope the info there helps.

Quote:
I know I'm looking for one ray of sunshine in this pile of shi#. But it is possible that she and the "friend" are "just friends" and "friend" co-signed the mortgage for her.

As much as you say you're not, I think you're still in denial that she's done with the R. Yes, it's possible - who knows. It doesn't much matter as it's not really relevant to YOU though.

Quote:
And why didn't they just move into "friend's" old house? Why a "new" one? She had a nice house already I think.

Who knows. Maybe just convenience, maybe financial reasons, maybe wanting to erase the past and start a new life together... could be anything. Also not relevant to you, though.

Quote:
I just can't believe this is happening. I only slept 5 hours last night. I kept waking up and asking myself if it was a dream or real.

We all go through this, I know.

I feel like if you were married it would still feel surreal but it would be harder to stay in denial about it. At this point I think you'd probably be D'd from her, based on her actions and reaction to your calls. But since you don't have it there on paper, it's harder to accept it.

I wonder if you'd benefit from posting in "Surviving the Big D"? You'd definitely be among people struggling with the same types of things right now.

Quote:
This would all be so much easier to deal with if I knew the facts. I can't find anyone who knows the facts and will tell me. She frieked out yesterday when I called her "ex" so I don't think calling her mother will be appropriate. She'd probably have me arrested (if you can do that).

Uh no.. definitely do not call her mother! And I'd stop calling anyone about it, actually. It's making you look pretty needy and desparate.

I know it's hard to believe but I don't think knowing the facts would help you a whole lot. You can see how much pain people put themselves through by snooping and obsessing and having to "know" every little detail. The only fact that's relevant to you at this point is that she wants out of the R, and is not interested in working things out.

That said... who knows, you may meet again in the future and decide to build a new R together. But the old one is definitely over. I think the sooner you grieve that and let go, the sooner you'll get healthier and happier. If you run into her 2 or 3 or 10 years from now and decide to build a new R - then great! But don't hang on and keep your life on hold "just in case" that happens.

Quote:
BUT if she is still "friends" and "friend" just co-signed to help her escape her life in this state and she is still confused about me, religion, what to do, etc.,

OK so I will quote a FEW things from the detachment page:

"Detachment is:

* The ability to allow people, places, or things the freedom to be themselves.
* Holding back from the need to rescue, save, or fix another person from being sick, dysfunctional, or irrational.
* The ability to allow people to be who they "really are'' rather than who you "want them to be."

If you are unable to detach from people, places, or things, then you:

* Will be blind to the reality that the people, places, or things which control you are the uncontrollables and unchangeables you need to let go of if you are to become a fully healthy, coping individual.

Detachment is a control issue because:

* You might feel intimidated or coerced to stay deeply attached with someone for fear of great harm to yourself or that person if you don't remain so deeply involved. [I don't think you feel intimidated/coerced but I think the latter part applies]

* By being "selfless'' and "centered'' on other people, you are really a controller trying to "fix'' them to meet the image of your "ideal'' for them.

What irrational thinking leads to an inability to detach?

* If you should stop being involved, what will they do without you?
* They have so many problems, they need you.
* If you should let go of this relationship too soon, the other might change to be like the fantasy or dream you want them to be.
* Detachment sounds so final. It sounds so distant and non-reachable. You could never allow yourself to have a relationship where there is so much emotional distance between you and others. It seems so unnatural.
* When you see people in trouble, confused, and hurting, you must always get involved and try to help them solve the problems.

At the bottom there's a series of steps to help you with this. I think they're really useful. There's a little bit of a religious slant that I don't particularly care for, but it's easy to just ignore that part and get the value from the rest of it.

Quote:
What would I do to keep the doors open for any possibility of reconciliation? Is there anything besides leave her alone?

I think Michelle answered this question very well. Anything more that you do is just not going to be well received, I don't think. It will probably stick in head as "geez my crazy ex STILL doesn't get it!" Don't keep reinforcing that belief with contact, calling friends/family, etc.

Bomb 1 10/07/06
Sep'd 1/14/07 - 4/15
2/08 slowly improving
Current thread
M
M
2 things.

1) Anything is possible. There's no way to know.
2) Does it matter? In either case, she's not open to a R of ANY kind with you - just friends or not - right now. So, your only option, for your own health, is to keep detaching, work on making yourself happy, and act as if she is never coming back.

Smile often, laugh lots, and enjoy the life you have. You will always have the memories of the past, keep them good, but don't let them hold you back in your individual potential for the future.

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
N
N
I know I'm not Michelle but responding to your question with a quote from my last post...

"The only fact that's relevant to you at this point is that she wants out of the R, and is not interested in working things out."

Romantic, platonic, who knows.. it doesn't matter at this point in time.

((((K))))

(sorry.. I know how much this hurts)

Bomb 1 10/07/06
Sep'd 1/14/07 - 4/15
2/08 slowly improving
Current thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis