Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Great just got an e-mail from one of the main guys that was suggesting I wait till after March 15 and now he says rates have went up 4 times in the past 36 hours.

Sooo now do I jump in and find the best I can find or try to ride it out and hope it drops again?

Decisions, decisions!

Guess since dad is on this one with me need to talk to him as well.

But at least the shelties are having a good evening. Little do they know yet that one is going to get a bath and hopefully all get feet and ears trimmed!

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Hmm..no sheltie baths and only one with feet trimmed. I played online chatting with the lady that wants to check out Callie.

Now I have a couple of doggies with upset systems! They need to clean this up quickly as we have the show next week and Callie maybe has a big chance in front of her! Hopefully it is just a little 24 hour bug but those middle of the night get up and clean up trips do leave me tired.

I just heard they are going ahead and closing a bunch of the schools around here based on reports we are to get a lot of snow!

Waiting to see if it really comes. I like snow but I'm done with it want spring and the chance to do things with the shelties outside.

E-mailed some more with the mortgage guy last night. He still suggests waiting. I think the new thing must be to tell women they sound intelligent. I have now had definitely 2 and if I remember right there was a 3rd one of these refinance guys that told me I sound like an intelligent woman. Little do they know that isn't believable when I'm blond and ditzy as all get out!!! Oh yea the guy last night was funny when I told him I was blond. He said really? I sounded like I was about 5'7" with dark blond hair and brown eyes. I crushed his vision and told him I'm 5'4" with blond hair and blue eyes.

Pam

P
P
Hey Pam!

I hear you about the winter - I am sooooo done with winter!

I am sorry to hear your little puppies have an upset stomach. Hope they recover quickly in time for the show.

Good luck with you refinancing efforts!

take care,
AG

psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi AG,

We really are getting the snow this morning!!

I hope my babies are feeling better today. I didn't work any of them this morning as one of the older ladies had a little bit of an upset. They get used to working and they don't like to skip it.

Just spoke with my friend S that has Frostbyte and she said yesterday he just went out and created his own course with this huge grin on his face the whole time. He is such a goofus!! He could be really good but his goofy side comes out and he just can't contain it. I was laughing as she was telling me this and she said please remember to laugh next week when you are up in the bleachers watching him do this and blow over $150 in entry fees. Told her would try to do so!

The guy I'm e-mailing with daily is saying he still recommends waiting right now on the refinance. Thing is everyone else I spoke with recommended going ahead the sooner the better. I HATE trying to decide what to do!

Pam

W
W
Refinancing is a tough decision. Getting the best deal is hard to predict.

When I refinanced, I had a percentage rate I knew would work for me (1% decrease in rate). As soon as a loan came available with that rate, I refinanced. I think for me that made it an easy decision. If it went lower, so be it. I made a good deal for myself not only in monthly payment, but was able to decrease the number of years. Staying within my current bank also helped with little closing cost on the loan.

So, is there a rate and # of years that would work for you now? If there is, then go for it.

Only you know what will work best for you!

A_O

P
P
Hi Pam!

I take the same approach to financing as A_O. I decide how much I need the rate to go down for it to be worth my while to refinance.

We didn't get any snow today BUT are getting MORE SNOW tomorrow and Sunday!

take care,
AG

psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello A_O and AG,

Thanks for the support and thoughts. The problem I have now is the rates have went back up till they are at or above what my primary mortgage already is but I need to do something with the secondary mortgage that is a variable rate.

For now refinancing has to go on hold as this week is the March Cluster of dog shows in Louisville! I saw somewhere in the literature that they still claim it is the largest all breed dog show in the country.

My girls really are not ready. I need more time but we are out of time!

AG I think you sent me something. \:\( Just kidding but boy am I feeling rough. Coughing, eyes watering, head ache and just so darn weak. The coughing had sort of let up yesterday evening and I'm not running a fever so I went ahead and went out to dinner with friend G. We don't see each other very often anymore so I didn't want to cancel out on him. He is doing great and it was good to catch up with one another. I told him Tx called me bullheaded yesterday and G LOVED it. I think I might have aggraviated that man a time or two in the past! He told me about his lady friend and that they took a vacation together last year and this year in July they are going to Hawaii. I said hmmm...this sounds serious! He said he just isn't ready to bite the bullet again, that the lady isn't anything like J. She is sweet, kind and loving but what he feels is a red flag is she has no friends. We talked about that a bit last night. J nor D either one used to have friends, (no idea now), and both G and I feel we would consider that a red flag for us in a future R. It was a fun evening and I should have stayed home and trained or groomed dogs.

Pam

F
fig Offline
F
you shouldhave done just what you did

went out and had a good time!!!!

psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Fig!

It was fun and I don't see G often anymore. He was my rock when going through the divorce and he tried more than once to give me some good advice but I was still too in love with D to take heed. That is why he consideres me bullheaded!

In the past he would call regularly and take me out to dinner pretty much once a week. He even called me a time or two when he was in Canada on a business trip just to check on me. \:\) Sweet guy and I'm so thrilled that he has put his life back together the way he has and found someone. His d went through much faster than mine but we used to bounce stuff off of one another during those healing days.

Pam

L
L
Hi Pam,

It's not clear to me who these guys are that are giving you advice on your financials, but be aware of flattery and flirting and don't let them cloud your judgement, will you?

Good to see you busy with your dogs and friends,

Liv

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Socrates
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard