Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
#1353120 02/11/08 12:15 AM
I
OP Offline
I
hey, I'm baaaaaack!!!
Thursday's Lullabye

So, life is going wonderfully. I am so glad to be where I am and so thankful for the blessings in my life. Thanks to my H and OW, my life is better that it ever was before. Someone would have been hard-pressed to convince me of that last year, but I really believe it. I'm so thankful to get this chance to have the life I want and be the person I want to be. Lucky, lucky me!!!

Kids are doing ok. D7 had to come home sick on Friday and they kids have been messy so I think we're working thru something. Hopefully it will pass thru our systems soon!

L submitted a settlement proposal to X last week. I guess if given the chance, I'd really try to let him know that I am trying to be fair and not trying to stick anything to him. It's a pretty fair proposal. A little skewed my way b/c he has such a great retirement in place and I have nada. So I hope he can really look at the numbers and see that and just get this done.

Not much else going on. Have some fun plans going on. Life is good. Girls are 'healthy' and family is precious.

Thanks to you all!

Julie

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
B
B
Woo Hoo! First. Set me up a Royal Flush!

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." Jon Kabat-Zinn

Suzy
M: 6/22/85; D: 1/31/08
I
OP Offline
I
You got it girl! WTH, maybe I'll join ya! ;\)

Hope all is well, Suzy!

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
B
B
Okay, now for an actual response. You sound good. I know how you feel. As much as I hate my family being torn apart, it gave me the chance to be me again. And I am happy with that. I hate that X had to lie and do all the things he did to me, but I am glad that his leaving freed me from his control and abuse.

I am so happy to hear you so happy!!!!!

Suzy
B
B
I had one of those for the first time last night.......yum!!!!!!1

Suzy
I
OP Offline
I
Quote:

Ditto, suzy... and it really does feel great to feel this way. Who'd a thunk??

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
YOWZA!!! Can't think of anyone who deserves happiness more than you. Jooooolie, you sound great!!

Wouldn't our X's be surprised to find out how happy they made us by having A's??? It's all up from here, girlie!!!

B
B
Quote:
Quote:

Ditto, suzy... and it really does feel great to feel this way. Who'd a thunk??

ITA Jules!!!!!

I still have my moments of sadness....like when D8 crawled on my lap on my b-day and said if he could have one witsh it would be to have his family back. No way that wasn't going to make me sad.

And I still deal with some anger. I think if X would admit that he had an affair (instead of spending the last year lying that they were just friends) and simply say he was sorry, I would be able to forgive easier. It is sooooo hard to forgive someone who says they have done nothing wrong and blames you for everything!!!!!

But 90% of the time I enjoy my new life and feel so very blessed. I would never go back to the extremely dysfunctional relationship we had. And he is someone I could never trust or respect again, so here we are. I have made so many positive changes in my life and am finally the person I used to be, fun and easygoing, not depressed, anxious and unhappy.

Suzy
K
K
Nice spiffy thread you have here, Julie.

It's good to hear that things are going your way. Maybe your husband is getting tired of dragging this process out by now. Divorce is no picnic, but if it's going to happen anyway, getting out of limbo is a lot better than being stuck married to someone who's unfaithful.

Thanks,

Joe

My sitch
More importantly, Light A Million Candles
Hello there-

What a terrific post - and you are absolutely right!

Remember - if he accepts the settlement without an argument, fantastic - but there's also a fair chance he will see it as miss Julie taking poor pitiful him for everything she can. Hopefully his desire to move on with his stupid life will win out, but you never know. Either way, I already know that you know not to fall for any BS he decides to spew.

But the bottom line is: Sooo glad to see your frame of mind, you are truly on the verge of being done with that chapter and writing YOUR new one. Keep it up, great things ahead!

Kev

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."
-Confucius

"God alone decides the contest; but we must put our shoulders to the wheel."
-Adm. D.G. Farragut

Kevin-38; XW-36
M-2.5, together 4
Bomb-1/6/07; D-6/27/07
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard