Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#1344920 02/01/08 09:22 PM
D
Drew Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thread locked up while I was out of town. Barely got home through the snow storm!!

Link to previous thread:

Drew still standing ...

Everybody hurts. It's part of life. Don't miss the good stuff.
D
Drew Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Phew. Just spent 8 hours in an airport and it's a minor miracle that I even got home. Had to get up at 3:30 AM the last two days too and there's a mountain of snow in the driveway.

W just called. Wondered how my airport ordeal was. Said don't worry about dinner, she'll pick something up. Very pleasant.

Jack, the boys got the mike working while I was gone!!

J
J
Karoke in the living room!

Minus the alcholic Beverages and false sense of courage.

Have a blast Drew.

Spend another $50 and download all the songs that came out.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

D
Drew Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Basement. On my way there now!!

D
Drew Offline OP
OP Offline
D
So as someone pointed out in another thread, the yoyo-ing continues. Some random thoughts:

She called again on her way home Friday. "Want me to stop and pick up for (niece) for her birthday party tomorrow?" I said sure. After two hours shoveling the drive, we all ate supper and watched TV most of the rest of the night.

Did I tell you our washing machine crapped out? I guess 19 years isn't bad for a washer. So W offers, "I can take some of our laundry over to my other house if we need to."

Almost thought she was going to go with us to the birthday party. She told S6 that she was staying home with the dog. But on our way out she told me, "I got a card too, it's with the presents. Please put my name on it, too, OK?"

Birthday party was fun. We watched our basketball team win again!! S13B and S6 decided to go over to their cousins with my oldest sister. S13A stayed and played poker with me. Great fun!! W called at least twice. Once just to wonder if we were going to be home in time for church because she ended up going Saturday night.

In the morning she emailed me: "Going to grocery store. Need anything? Should we get something to take to ____'s for the Super Bowl party?" This would be the second thing she's going to with me this week ...

Called us on the drive home. "Just wondered if you would be home in time for lunch and if you'd be hungry?" "yeah, we should be."

When we got home Sunday morning, she had a friend over giving her advice on how to make the house look more salable. W had obviously taken some things over to her "other house." Not a lot but some. And did some laundry, but didn't dry it???

You know, somehow it's not bothering me as much as it did before. She came into the office while I was paying bills and said:

W: We may need to move some stuff next weekend, do you think we'll need a truck?
Me: I don't know, how big of stuff are we talking?
W: Will you help?
Me: Probably.

Then she came in later:

W: (Her friend) says that (the realtor) is going to pressure us to list the house right away and I just want you to know that I think we need a couple more weeks to get things ready.
Me: I agree. (I had told her this already, but ....)

At some point she said:

W: I just want you to know that just because I might take something, I don't want you to think that I think it's mine, or I'm keeping it, I'm just getting it out of the way.

After I went and picked out a washer:

W: How much was that?

She paid her half of the expenses and they were a little more this month. I don't know how she afforded another house with her credit, but that's not my issue.

So we ended up watching the Super Bowl at home, basically just me and her because S14's went to the house where the party was SUPPOSED to be. Their friend invited them and told them they were having a party when they weren't.

W made appetizers and then hotdogs during the game. We had normal conversations. It's all very strange but I just live my life.

D
Drew Offline OP
OP Offline
D
And just a point of clarification, as I've read other people's posts, including Frank_D's, where people comment that all he posts is what his W is doing, what about him?

I do post a lot about what W is doing. I think to give other readers insight into what is going on and how I deal with it. In general, I'm fine most of the time. Yeah, as Jack says, I have bad moments, or bad hours, or bad days. But, I try to show people how I deal with it.

Do I want my marriage to work out? Absolutely. Is it up to me? Not at this point. I try to live my life as best I can, have the best relationship with my sons as I can, and anything else is a bonus.

G
G
Drew,

I hope you get some much deserved sleep. On the positive side, she is being nice. I hope you enjoyed the game.

I like the idea of showing others how you deal with the day to day of all this. I know I'm always looking for ideas.

Ok, I wasn't going to say anything, but not drying the clothes?? Ewww. Unless you all hang them on the line....which doesn't seem like a really good idea in the snow. Maybe I should move where it snows, I could use the shoveling and build up my arms or Does it make you lopsided?

Ok, so much for the peek into my twisted little head. Hope you have a good night.

No, I am not drinking. \:\)

D
Drew Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Grace,

No, the weird thing is that she washed them at her other house than brought them here to dry them. I just thought it odd.

J
J
Quote:

And just a point of clarification, as I've read other people's posts, including Frank_D's, where people comment that all he posts is what his W is doing, what about him?

There is a huge difference, you aren't paralysed by wondering why your wife is doing crap, or what she is thinking or what may happen. You are not over analyzing crap to death and the detriment of your job or ability to pay bills.

It is odd. Washing clothes there, drying them at home. Maybe the dryer is better at your house. Ockhum's Razor.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

D
Drew Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Or the dryer isn't hooked up, who knows???? Just find it odd, that's all. She also commented that the only thing she doesn't have is a microwave. Asked if the old one downstairs behind the bar still works. I said, you know, I actually used it a couple of weeks ago for the first time in years. W: Think I can have it? Me: I don't see why not ...

Here's another good one: At some point over the weekend when my lengthy airport stay and flight home came up, she said: Yeah, I didn't even know you got on a flight.

I guess my point is that she seems to be running away and yet at the same time can't seem to let go. Don't know what it means. Don't know what the future holds. All I know is that today, I'm taking S6 to soccer and hitting the neighborhood pub with the boys (and W??? who knows) to watch the basketball game.

Occam's Razor - The simplest explanation is usually correct.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard