Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
#1331741 01/19/08 11:20 PM
I
OP Offline
I
Thursday Sky

So, a new thread appears. I really need to GAL more. ;\) Everything I had planned today fell thru so I am just killing time before church.

Things are going well. My oldest turned 7 on Thursday. So on Wednesday I piled her and some girlfriends into a van and took them to paint pottery and then out to dinner at Applebees. I now really understand why the law frowns on drinking and driving. I was sorely tempted!! D4 turns 5 at the end of the month so I will be glad to get thru this month. It's been a tough few weeks for me. Seasonally, I sink on Christmas day and it's taken me until the last week or so to start pulling myself back out of it. I was expecting it, but I still don't like it. \:\) So I'm getting closer to back to normal. Still feeling a little overwhelmed with emotions: gratitude, sadness, loss, etc... but I'm winnning that battle.

The girls are doing pretty well. They still hurt and that hurts me. D7 asked if we could all just live together. It just breaks my heart. And D4 has been a real momma's girl so she misses me when she's gone and I sure miss them. The weekends I don't have them are freeing in a sense, but also very empty. I need a better hobby, I guess. Some of my weekend clients have fallen off so that was pretty poor timing as I need to stay busy now more than ever!

Work is going really well. I am going to be working w/ my current team to start a new program to get people off of government programs. It's pretty cutting edge and exciting to be able to help people improve their lives and to want more than they can have thru public assistance. So that feels really good.

I talked to my L the other day and she is pulling together an offer spreadsheet to submit to X. So hopefully we can wrap this up within the next month.

Thanks so much to all of you for the amazing support, encouragement and direction you've given me over the last 15 months. I guess today it has really been hitting me how blessed I am and that does bring emotions rushing to the surface, a place I'm never very comfortable with them being. I cherish you all and hope for your 2008s to be the best years ever!

Julie

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
L
L
Oh Yeah... I'm first.... how about a white russian?

Okay now I'll go back and read the post.

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
L
L
Awe... sweet Julie,

I'm sorry that the holidays were tough.... but you sound stonger in mind than ever. Hang in there sweetie.... I promise the low days become less and less.

Your jobs sounds very interesting and rewarding. Helping people to improve themselves and rise above circumstances will do wonders for your PMA as well. Nothing feels quite as good as that.

Now ... about that 80's party last night... I want to see pics... and hear all about the corny stuff you all did.:)

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
I hear you on the emotions thing...but then, the more we stop fighting them, the easier it is to keep them in balance. Glad you're doing okay...I hadn't seen a thread for you for a while, so I was a little worried!

Keep on being wonderful!

SD

Me: 40
H: 43
H had EA from 2/06-9/06
Bomb 5/06
Piecing since 9/2006
3/2008: Boundary setting
7/2009: Boundary crossing~dropped my own bomb.
8/2010: Marriage finally on track!
K
K
Yay! Julie has a thread to call her own!

Quote:
Seasonally, I sink on Christmas day and it's taken me until the last week or so to start pulling myself back out of it. I was expecting it, but I still don't like it. \:\) So I'm getting closer to back to normal. Still feeling a little overwhelmed with emotions: gratitude, sadness, loss, etc... but I'm winnning that battle.

Is that the holiday season and all the emotional baggage that goes with it? The short days? I noticed that the weather gets to me more this time of year. The last couple days have been cloudy, and the off-site work location this week has no windows, so I wasn't even getting my usual scraps of daylight.

Quote:
It's pretty cutting edge and exciting to be able to help people improve their lives and to want more than they can have thru public assistance. So that feels really good.

I bet it does. Good for you, being there for people like that when they need someone to help them believe in themselves.

Quote:
I talked to my L the other day and she is pulling together an offer spreadsheet to submit to X. So hopefully we can wrap this up within the next month.

Good luck with the negotiations with X. It's the things that drag out that are the worst part of all this, I think. Once we accept the inevitable, it'd be nice to make a phone call and be done with it, wouldn't it?

This is really a nice thread you have here, nice expansive margins, tastefully decorated with links and drop down lists. Not overdone at all, but well appointed. \:\)

Thanks,

Joe

Last edited by koshka; 01/20/08 02:07 AM.

My sitch
More importantly, Light A Million Candles
Ya know Jules....you sound really good honey. This is just life at this point. It's never perfect. You will have your hurdles. But you are making solid choices and moving forward. You have SO much to be thankful for...and it sounds like you are...which given what you have been through is amazing.

I was emailing with the friend a couple of weeks ago. She knows i'm getting D'd but not all the details. I told her how happy I was and how i'm just really enjoying life and she said something like "most people would have such a sad story to tell but not you and that is why i think i like you so much". We're different jules. Embrace life!

Scott: 38
X: 39
M: 13yrs D: 12/12/08
S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA
Bomb: 8/10/06 S: 01/07 Asked for D: 05/07 Mediation 07/07

"And when all's been said and done
It's the things that are given, not won
Are the things that you want"
- Gomez; See the World
S
S
julie, so sorry you've had a rough time of it. its really hard when we see our kids hurting, isn't it? mine say that from time to time...why can't we all live together again. its not easy, I know.

glad things are looking up. hopefully they just keep getting better from here on.

M-41
H-38
M-10 years, T-14 years
Bomb-PA 3/19/07
Separated-6/7/07
Piecing/h back home 5/08
S-6
S-4
D-4

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says, 'I'll try again tomorrow.'"

-Mary Anne Radmacher
Joooolie!!!
So glad you got off your butt and started another thread!!!

The holidays are hard for me too and then this crappy weather just adds to it. But, ya did good for your girls and they'll only remember how wonderful you always made their BDs, Christmas, etc.

Your job sounds wonderful and I know you'll be great at it.

And.....where's the 80's party pics??? Hmmmmmm?

I
OP Offline
I
LNF---
Thanks for stopping by. A white russian is coming up just for you! I did have fun at the 80s party- I didn't dress up and only 3 people were dressed up (2 of whom were my friends so does that say anything about me??). But the music was great and it was nice to do that.

Quote:
Your jobs sounds very interesting and rewarding. Helping people to improve themselves and rise above circumstances will do wonders for your PMA as well. Nothing feels quite as good as that.

I agree. I love helping people. Last summer when I met with my current supervisors, they asked me if I could do anything I wanted, what would it be. I responded that I like to help people, especially using my spanish-speaking ability to do so and so that is kinda like a dream come true I guess. I just feel soooo blessed. And I love how it feels to help people.

Thanks again, LNF!

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
I
OP Offline
I
SD-
Quote:
...I hadn't seen a thread for you for a while, so I was a little worried!

Ditto girl. Hope all is well with you and I even dropped you an email a while back to make sure you're plugging along ok.

Thanks so much for everything over the last year +. YOU keep on being wonderful!

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard