Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
swashy Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey All!

Continuing to put my job feelers out there. Connected with a couple people from my old neighborhood. We'll see. Both were going to put me in touch with recruiters they know...if not more.

One asked me what went down between STBX and I. He and I were pretty close. Actually he was really close with STBX as well. Anyway, I gave him the 411 as best I could without throwing her under the bus. Told him that it wasn't what I wanted but that I really had no control over it so I had to finally choose to move on. I hardly had it out of my mouth that I had started dating that he was like "(His W) has plenty of cute single friends". I had to tell him that I think I had bitten off more than I could chew at the moment...but that life is good. And that maybe we could go grab a beer at some point.

Was hoping to hit a movie with P tonight but it's hard for her to sneak out with the kids, etc. So I may just go by myself. Haven't done that in a while. My two buddies that I normally grab beers with are both out of town.

But life is SO good right now. I'm as happy as a pig in sh*t. I am just so at peace. I feel so loved and appreciated by everyone around me...most of all by my kids...who all decided to crawl into my bed at 6:30 this morning. LOL. I just wish I didn't waste so many years of my life in a whole. A whole I chose to crawl into. Well...never again. NEVER EVER!

Hope everyone else is appreciating all that this world has to offer.

Scott: 38
X: 39
M: 13yrs D: 12/12/08
S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA
Bomb: 8/10/06 S: 01/07 Asked for D: 05/07 Mediation 07/07

"And when all's been said and done
It's the things that are given, not won
Are the things that you want"
- Gomez; See the World
Originally Posted By: swashy
I hardly had it out of my mouth that I had started dating that he was like "(His W) has plenty of cute single friends". I had to tell him that I think I had bitten off more than I could chew at the moment...but that life is good.
I was wondering if you would ever reach your 'limit.'

Thread #10
22 year M, MLC, Piecing since 1/07
Goal: Live with confidence & enthusiasm!
F
fig Offline
F
Toots

a.m. snuggles are soooooooooooooooooooooo nice!!!!

i laughed when youtold your friend you had bitten off morethan you can chew.....

but tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooots!!!!!

You haven't even made it all the way through the alphabet...

light-weight!!!!

smooooooooooooooooooch

(er...I mean....um....kiss kiss......don;t blow up swashy's thread!!!!!!!!!!)
;\)

swashy Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Rob1231
I was wondering if you would ever reach your 'limit.'

Well I DO have to find a job too!!! LOL

Thanks Puddle! I feel on "top of the world". hahaha

Well steady eddy wins the race right? Plenty of time. ;\)

S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA

- Gomez; See the World
One more Anne Murray song lyric out of you and I'm coming up there to beat the poo poo out of that head of yours!

M-35 going on 15
D-8
S- 3 yrs
ex-CL(w)- 30

D over one year

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Douglas Adams
"Just Be"
swashy Offline OP
OP Offline
Nice effort Ty...but nope. ;\)

S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA

- Gomez; See the World
S
S
I am very disappointed right now.... You didnt even asked him if any of them had names starting in a vowel... what the frick dude........

By the way a whole what???????

Quote:
I just wish I didn't waste so many years of my life in a whole. A whole I chose to crawl into.

A whole lot of money????

A whole lot of trouble????

A whole lot of Misery????

Or

A whole lot of holes?????

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

swashy Offline OP
OP Offline
OMG! That's frigging awesome. Guess maybe I just need a HOLE lot more sleep!!! ;\) HA!

S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA

- Gomez; See the World
swashy Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey everyone!! Ran out and had coffee with P this morning. While there we ran into the guy who lived across the street from STBX and I. He adored us. \:\( So I introduced them...which was a little weird...not that there is anything going on with P and I...but I'm sure he's thinking there must be. But whatever. It's good to have people seeing me move on at this point.

We also ran into a guy who we both worked with. Actually this is how P knew me. She always says how highly he spoke of me, etc. Great older guy. We were getting ready to leave but I think we stayed there for close to another half hour chatting with him. LOL.

From there, I ran down and spent a wonderful few hours at the Unemployment Office. WOOHOO!!! But it's done. Finally. Also talked to the HR person at my old company about some outstanding issues. She said she'd have it figured out tomorrow...i hope.

Just got a text from P and we may go grab a drink tonight.

Other than that...just been cleaning, talking to some great friends, listening to music and dancing around my house. \:\) Life is good!!!

S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA

- Gomez; See the World
swashy Offline OP
OP Offline
Actually...one more thing. P got me a copy of The Four Agreements for Christmas. Pretty good book. About halfway through it.

Anyway I was reading it last night and got to this:

Quote:
If someone is not treating you with love and respect it is a gift if they walk away from you. If that person doesn't walk away, you will surely endure many years of suffering with him or her. Walking away may hurt for a while, but your heart will eventually heal. Then you can choose what you really want. You will find that you don't need to trust others as much as you need to trust yourself to make the right choices.

SO...Thank You to STBX! She has removed herself from my life and with it the suffering that I had to endure for almost a decade. I am healing now. And I feel so in control of my life again. I am at peace for the first time in a long time. And yes, I have 100% confidence in my ability to to make solid decisions for myself.

S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA

- Gomez; See the World
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis