Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks all, I think I will post a thread over here. I don't like being the Grinch but I don't feel like much else right now. No holiday gatherings have been planned for the kids, grandkids, and I -- money and place. Or, at least place from my perspective. As I said somewhere else, I'm STILL working on my remodeling and I only have one spare parking place. I can't seem to get time to work on the remodeling between everything else but some people don't have to worry about that. Even though, he cries and moans that I took everything, XH gets back into town on 12/21 and on the 22nd he is having "Christmas" for everyone at his house.

Well, not quite everyone. I'm not invited -- surprise -- nor do I want to meet the "roommate" but damn I don't even have a job to go to that day while all my kids and grandkids celebrate there.

K
K
Glenda,

You're not a grinch. This time is hard for all who've been through any loss.

You're not going to his early celebration or to work that day. So what can you plan now to do then that will bring you, if not peace, at least some pleasure? The GAL advice rings especially true this month.

You'll have a fun thread here. There are a zillion nice, crazy folks hanging out in these parts. Oh, and we have our traditions here in the Thriving forum. How about a Guinness for yours truly? It'll be afternoon by the time I get back here. ;\)

Thanks,

Joe

My sitch
More importantly, Light A Million Candles
OK, my name is Jill and I'm crazy.....

Glenda, Joe's right, you need to make some plans for that day. How about volunteering at a nursing home or ringing the Salvation Army bell somewhere? Think about it, there's lots you could do.

Sounds like you're at a stall as far as your home improvements go. Am I right? If so, don't beat yourself up over it. You've been at it forever and maybe you need to chill out and find something "FUN" to do for awhile. The home improvements will wait.

Lady, you need to plan a vacation for after the first of the year. So click those heels together and figure out where you want to go and do it. I've got some great sites that I'll share with you if you're interested.

It's the Glenda the Good Witch!!!

WELCOME to our little corner of the board! I just noticed that you started a thread here. I was wondering if you thought you were too sane for the likes of the riff raff over here on surviving.

I was happy to see you but sorry to read your post and to see how it's making you feel. I agree with everyone else. I would make plans, maybe shopping with a friend or as Jill mentioned, something to do with giving back. That's always a good thing for me to put me back on track. It's nice to feel needed and being able to help someone less fortunate puts it all into perspective for us. The other thing is that maybe you could find a Saturday night service to go to. That might bring you some peace while the music may lift your spirits.

So, you've mentioned how you feel about this, but how do the kids feel? Are they apprehensive about meeting OW? They may have their own set of reservations that they are trying to work through and for whatever reason have not shared them with you. They have to be torn.

Aw honey cheer up. Come here when you need a laugh and I guarantee after you read some of what we write you'll feel much better about your emotional health. I mean I'm fine but some of the others here are well let's just say ....CUCKOO!

Love,
Bethie

K
K
Glenda,

I was thinking today about the long list of activities in Anchorage that you sent to me last year. There must be some worthwhile things that you would enjoy in the next couple weeks.

You work so hard at the real estate, the work career, helping your sons, etc. Why not pick some thing (one, for starters) that you believe might be pleasant and put it at the top of your to-do list? Without pressure, something that just sounds like it has potential to be fun or rewarding, but make it as important as all the other stuff that's piled on your plate.

Thanks,

Joe

My sitch
I
I
Quote:
Come here when you need a laugh and I guarantee after you read some of what we write you'll feel much better about your emotional health. I mean I'm fine but some of the others here are well let's just say ....CUCKOO!

Umm... Glenda, I know you're a smart cookie, but I wanted to warn you that Bethie is our local loco... we kinda meet more profiling quotas when we include her, so I'm sure you understand. She's certifiable , but she really does have a heart of gold. Or was that her front teeth??? hmmm.. my memory lapses at times.

Be good to yourself, sweetie. You been fighting the good fight.

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
N
N
Hang on baby Groundhog day is comin.

"All I want is a weeks pay for a day's work"
Steve Martin

G
OP Offline
G
Ya know...if I had any savings I'd rent a private plane and bring all of you up here for my own private get together. I'd also make sure there was space on the plane for someone's pole so we could have a demonstration of Ms. Santa pole dancing!

Sometimes there are really angels out there. The nice little gift certificate to the day spa that I just haven't had time to use fell off the bookcase this morning and smacked me in the head. Sooooo....on the afternoon of the 22nd I have scheduled a holistic sea spa skin treatment, a massage, an aromatic facial, and a scalp massage. I go in at 2 pm and the wonderful woman on the phone promised they'd have me out in time for mass. That sounds like a good idea, too. The odd thing is, I'm not Catholic, but a very good friend of mine is and I've spent a few Saturday evenings in mass over the last couple of years. I've tried the more "new age" churches but just don't feel comfortable without my hymnal and homilies.

So, that is what I have scheduled for me -- even though it would probably be better karma if I did go volunteer at the soup kitchen.

As for the kids. Both sons have met OW and both say ... "she's just a roommate." That is how XH introduces her and they don't see any way dad would throw us all out to take up with the likes of her. That isn't verbatim but I'm not going to repeat what either of my sons said. Daughter has not met her and says she is glad her children will be in Hawaii with their dad because she doesn't want to meet "roommate" and she is sure "papa" wouldn't want to hear what my granddaughter would have to say to him. She is a little outspoken like her grandmother.

And, K, all I have in the fridge (since I had to make a choice between alcohol and Adderall) is an Alaskan pale ale left by one of son's friends. I hope it will suffice...it is a very good ale.

K
K
Glenda,

Quote:
Ya know...if I had any savings I'd rent a private plane and bring all of you up here for my own private get together. I'd also make sure there was space on the plane for someone's pole so we could have a demonstration of Ms. Santa pole dancing!

Wow! Talk about in-flight entertainment! \:\)

Quote:
Sometimes there are really angels out there. The nice little gift certificate to the day spa that I just haven't had time to use fell off the bookcase this morning and smacked me in the head. Sooooo....on the afternoon of the 22nd I have scheduled a holistic sea spa skin treatment, a massage, an aromatic facial, and a scalp massage.

That sounds great, much more effective than moping would be, don't you think?

Quote:
I'm not Catholic, but a very good friend of mine is and I've spent a few Saturday evenings in mass over the last couple of years. I've tried the more "new age" churches but just don't feel comfortable without my hymnal and homilies.

I get out of it what I put into it, especially the homilies.

Quote:
she is sure "papa" wouldn't want to hear what my granddaughter would have to say to him. She is a little outspoken like her grandmother.

Oh, and I'd love an Alaskan pale ale. I like most beers except most lambics, so it doesn't have to be dark for me.

Thanks,

Joe

My sitch
G
OP Offline
G
K, sorry for the slow service. I've been at son and DIL's for two days and just got back. Pale ale it is!

It is truly amazing sometimes to look at the similarities in children and grandchildren. Spending the last couple of days caring for my grandchilden has not only reminded me why it is not good to have children at an older age (I'm totally worn out) but also with how some traits just carry on in the DNA. With S24's twins, it is incredible how much their little girl is like my daughter. She can be totally having a hissy fit but when she realizes the attention is finally hers, the smile comes out and she just gives one that look like ... well, it is good to see that y'all finally realize what royalty I am, and ... by the way, where's the camera. My own daughter was soooo like that when she was little. Her twin brother, the "baby" of the family by five minutes, just loves to throw himself backwards and pound the floor with his little feet. Hmmmm...S22 used to do that a lot and I sometimes wonder if all that drama goes with being the "baby." Their oldest, who is almost 3 (January 25) is so helpful and loves to give out hugs and kisses aplenty, reminds me a lot of S24. He was the child who always wanted just one more hug and kiss before bedtime, or one more story, or just a little longer in the rocking chair.

I'm sorry DIL fell and injured her knee. I think she is going to be okay with some rehab and taking it easy. And, I'm tired as heck from running after those three and so ready for a night in my own bed ... but all the hugs, kisses, and smiles of the last two days have done wonders for me. Oh, to be so sweet and innocent!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard