Me - 52
xW - 44
S10, D6
Bomb Jan 06
Separated May 06
Filed Sept 06
Final Agreement Dec 07
Projected D signed Jan 08

Made the final adjustments to the paperwork yesterday. This is a done deal but we will wait until Jan to get the judge to sign - save on taxes that way. So former W is now xW.

I am so glad this is over. Two years. That is a long time in any life. My only regret is that I did not do this at this time last year. I consider 2007 a complete waste of my energy.

I held such hopes last Christmas, but I was just angry and did not even kow it. I just let her hurt me again and agin. I am the personality that strives hard and I believe hard work gets the results, fixes the problems.

Not in relationships. I learned we really cannot control others. I learned that it is important to let go. I learned that it is not healthy to continue to *stand* when the handwriting is on the wall.

It was me holding me back. No more.

Love is a choice, and I have now fully accepted the situation and I choose to move on. I will give xW the unconditional love and respect she warrents as we co-parent our children. But nothing more. I have nothing left to give her.

The positive energy that is building within me will be showered on someone else. Someone who will love me for me. I will love my lover and my best friend with all my heart. xW is not that person.

That realization is a load off my mind. The lingering thought of getting back together. The small actions, especially lately, that could easily be seen as "baby steps". No more. I will not be hurt any longer and I will not play the victim and hang on to "hopes" that are only excuses for me not to get back into the game of life.

I will lurk here a while. Got a lot to learn about getting back in the game. I am scared of the future, of getting involved again. But I will work through it.

Thanks for everyone's support. Hope to make even more new friends on this forum.

Strength and Honor.

Jeff

Current Thread
Well, lookie here...

Bloody mary, please.

Spicy.

besos,
BA

Welcome Jeff,

There are some great folks here. \:\) You sound very centered and ready to move forward.

I'll take a mimosa this morning.

Beat to the draw!!!!!!! \:\/

Last edited by psluke; 11/28/07 02:40 PM.

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
L
L
Quote:
The positive energy that is building within me will be showered on someone else. Someone who will love me for me. I will love my lover and my best friend with all my heart.

(sigh)

Hoboken guys ain't no joke.

Welcome abooard lovey.

I see the lushes have beet me to it.

Last edited by Lissie; 11/28/07 02:57 PM.

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
Originally Posted By: Jeff223
Got a lot to learn about getting back in the game.

Lesson 1: When women come knocking at your door asking for alcohol, start pouring...

besos,
BA

Jeff,

If you put all of what you say into action, you will be fine. Everything you said is so true, it's time to move on. Know you did all you could do, and it's not about YOU, this is her journey...............you must do for you and your children now. Give yourself the time to heal, come here and vent, come here and heal.

We've all been where you have been, and we have all SURVIVED.

J
Jeff223 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I start a thread here, but stupid me. No booze in the pantry. On my way to the package store!

I could use a spicy bloody mary. It has been YEARS!

But what I really need is a hot toddy. I caught that cold from Lizzy. I should not have made fun of her putting up the tree before Thanksgiving.

Actually, I had my kids since Thanksgiving (xW is on travel this week) and everyone in the school has been sick. Luckly, it is a mild sinus thing, not the knock you into bed kind.

So, off to the package store for supplies.

Later.

Jeff

Current Thread
Sorry you are feeling puny...my sinuses have been awful this fall, not sure why, ragweed thrives in drought or something.

I love hot toddies and hot buttered rum is my favorite.

I want to say something to you.

I'm glad you're here in Surviving because I enjoy your posts, I enjoy your insight, and I think you have something to gain and something to give by being here. I don't feel like you have crossed over to the dark side by coming here.

I have read some of the posts that you have gotten on your other thread, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Everyone views situations differently and brings their own biases and experience to the table when they look at yours.

I just want you to know that I don't have an opinion, for the most part about what your wife is doing or not doing, how you should approach that, and most of all, whether you should continue to stand. That's a personal decision, and one that each one of us has to come to on our own.

My whole emphasis with you and with anyone else to whom I extend advice and an occasional board upside the head is to turn your focus inward. You find yourself here for a reason, and this opportunity is a gift, so don't squander it.

It's a chance for growth and reflection and learning how to love yourself. It's a chance to increase your faith and your hope and your gratitude. It's a chance to create for yourself the life that you have always dreamed about.

If you take the opportunity to do all those things, then everything that comes into your life going forward will rest on a solid foundation, whether it's a reconciliation with your spouse, a new relationship, or a fulfilling, rich life on your own.

Don't worry about what that may be; don't have regrets about what might have been. Just live in this moment and embrace what you have. Give the rest over to God.

I was with a group of girlfriends last night, at a coffee shop and we were laughing and having fun, and I looked up at the wall, and noticed, in big letters, on the wall, this saying:

Live the life you love, and love the life you live.

I wish that for all of us.

besos,
BA

Last edited by BaseballAnnie; 11/29/07 03:50 PM.
J
J
Quote:
If you take the opportunity to do all those things, then everything that comes into your life going forward will rest on a solid foundation, whether it's a reconciliation with your spouse, a new relationship, or a fulfilling, rich life on your own.

Don't worry about what that may be; don't have regrets about what might have been. Just live in this moment and embrace what you have. Give the rest over to God.

I was with a group of girlfriends last night, at a coffee shop and we were laughing and having fun, and I looked up at the wall, and noticed, in big letters, on the wall, this saying:

Live the life you love, and love the life you live.

I really like this advice. So much, that I quoted it so it could be said again. I also commented on your D, but not done thread. If you take the above advice, then you basically are just making the most of your life and don't have to concern yourself with your XW's antics. I guess that's what I tried to say, to some degree, in my other post to you, but BA said it so much better that I'll just say "ditto" (even when I just say ditto I have to write and write....I think I like to "hear" myself) \:\)

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
Abraham Lincoln

It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
Theodore Roosevelt

I'm with JM,

BA wrote some very excellent advice! \:\)

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard