Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
C
Wo ist die Krankenschwester?

"Recollect me darlin, raise me to your lips, two undernourished egos, four rotating hips"

Inertia Creeps by Massive Attack
S
S
Originally Posted By: chromosphere

Unter dem Tisch. \:\/

M
M
Quote:
Well it seems that Mojo and her sister were mistakenly labeled as sluts..

ROTFLMAO- I have to say that I'm just gratified that nobody called my neo-primitive *ss on the fact that I basically threatened to have my new beau beat Cobra up if he continued to besmirch my honor.

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver
C
C
chromosphere

SG
Unter dem Tisch.

RADFMHWL

Rollen auf dem fussboden meine hinterteile weg lachen

"Recollect me darlin, raise me to your lips, two undernourished egos, four rotating hips"

Inertia Creeps by Massive Attack
I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: MJontheMend
Quote:
Well it seems that Mojo and her sister were mistakenly labeled as sluts..

ROTFLMAO- I have to say that I'm just gratified that nobody called my neo-primitive *ss on the fact that I basically threatened to have my new beau beat Cobra up if he continued to besmirch my honor.

That's what we have MrsNop and her 9-iron for \:\)

Ok, I'm just doing a little journaling here this morning. Julia Roberts must have some vice-like legs as my head is killing me Ok, so maybe some of it has to do with the alcohol. Anyways, my wife and the girls are out of town for a few days visiting grandma and helping her out after a minor eye surgery.

Our schedules have been so hectic and then yesterday came and nothing to do, absolutely nothing that had to be done. Maybe yesterday was not the most ideal or productive way to use this time but hey, it took the edge off. Today is another day and once again I find myself with no appointments, no schedule, nothing !! So I lay in bed this morning thinking of Corri's challenge awhile back and as easy as it sounded at the time, this is a very difficult thing to do. So much of my happiness is derived from others and is dependant upon them.

I can't tell you the last time that I've had time alone to myself like this. I do know that it was pre-SSM days when all was going well between wife and I (See Lil, I'm learning. I'm a big numbers guy so cut me some slack :)) Yes for the most part our marriage is fairly good and except for a few important areas, we are happy. But this has been a real eye opener for me. True, as a couple, as a dad, I'm basically happy; but as an individual, the happiness department is lacking \:\(

I know one long weekend alone is not going to turn my whole life around but at least it has given me some sort direction as to where I need to be. \:\)

- On another note: The SSM book that I asked wife to read, only to sit and collect dust for the past few months, is gone. I'm certain that she took it with her to her mom's. Not a major breakthrough, but maybe a small step yes?

"If you can't lick em, lick em" - Ted Nugent
between wife and I

In this case it's between wife and me. Really. The way to check is to replace the me (or I) with a him or he and then you know which to use.

Fran
The third "use of English" musketeer ;\)

if we can be sufficient to ourselves, we need fear no entangling webs
Erica Jong
G
G
Quote:
On another note: The SSM book that I asked wife to read, only to sit and collect dust for the past few months, is gone. I'm certain that she took it with her to her mom's. Not a major breakthrough, but maybe a small step yes?

Or....she got tired of seeing it there as a daily reminder of her "shortcomings" so she got rid of it or put it away somewhere out of sight. Not to burst your balloon or anything, but that's precisely what happened when I asked MrsGGB to read it a couple years ago. I now know that I shouldn't give her R books to read, as it just makes her feel that much more pressured and that much more inadequate. Currently, I'm jsut working on myself and hoping that there is still an R to work on when she decides to pitch in.

M
M
Quote:
The third "use of English" musketeer

Do you all wear a cavalier hat with plume? Coolest hats, only thing cooler is a tricorn.

I think the plume should be replaced with a quill - in keeping with the literary purpose of your alliance with HD and LIL. ;\)

MrsNOP -

I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: GonnaGoBlind
Quote:
On another note: The SSM book that I asked wife to read, only to sit and collect dust for the past few months, is gone. I'm certain that she took it with her to her mom's. Not a major breakthrough, but maybe a small step yes?

Or....she got tired of seeing it there as a daily reminder of her "shortcomings" so she got rid of it or put it away somewhere out of sight. Not to burst your balloon or anything, but that's precisely what happened when I asked MrsGGB to read it a couple years ago. I now know that I shouldn't give her R books to read, as it just makes her feel that much more pressured and that much more inadequate. Currently, I'm jsut working on myself and hoping that there is still an R to work on when she decides to pitch in.

Maybe. She did call me a little bit ago and I sensed a much different tone from her. She just seem much more sincere and interested in what I was going to be doing with my day. In our case, it's not a matter of trust, so I know she was not calling to check up on me. I told her what all I had planned and she almost seemed relieved and genuine in saying "good, you needed some good quality time to yourself."

Not much, just a nice, pleasant and refreshing conversation \:\)

I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: haphazard
between wife and I

In this case it's between wife and me. Really. The way to check is to replace the me (or I) with a him or he and then you know which to use.

Fran
The third "use of English" musketeer ;\)

Again, another reminder as to why I work with numbers \:\)

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard