Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks, LNL - so far so good. Today I saw a great one - a woman who has been off her thyroid hormones for over a year, she had almost EVERY physical sign of hypothyroidism there is. (Would have made a great teaching case if I was somewhere with students). These cases are fun because I KNOW she will be SO much better in a few months.

Ellie

Bridget-of-the-mountains checking in.
Thanks for the cheery posts on my thread.

My goodness what eventful holidays you've had!
How is your son doing at UCB?

Good news that you're helping on the thyroid repair front.
World needs healers more like U!

I'm in good health and good spirits, beginning to
put a resume together electronically rather than in
crayola.

The crayola resume got me just what I wanted, though.
Free time. Hee hee.

I'm concluding the post-D divisions with Redhead
and that's going well. I keep DB-ing, it's second
nature: be polite, listen, endorse him, don't be
emotional. It works well, and we cut to agreement
right away.

He's inclined to be generous and thoughtful these days.

Me, well you know I set the tone for this long ago.

Be well. Look North. I'm thinking of you and
sending frosty pine air your way.

Love yas, Bgrrrlll

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hey Bridget! Son is doing fine at UCB, loves it there. This semester he's taking biology,(must have a good teacher because he called me uop all excited about a fungi lecture!), organic chemistry,japanese, and a creative writing workshop for sci-fi and fantasy so he can work on completing the novel he started in Nanowrimo last year.

Are you back in the city or still staying in the piney mountains? What kinds of jobs are you looking at?

Ellie

sage #853366 01/27/07 04:23 PM
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Couple of events lately that just have me thinking about how important it is for people to overcome their bitterness.

One is the Belgian skydiving murder (guy has long-running affair with married woman, starts up a R with younger single woman, hides each R from the other even though the two women are friends. Younger woman finds out and sabotages older woman's parachute, plunging her to her death).

Now younger woman will be jailed and her life ruined because she could not control her rage and bitterness - what a waste of a life.

This week, I was walking with my friend and we saw a pickup truck at a construction site. Personalized license plates read "exhater" and license plate holder said "I used to miss my ex - but my aim is getting better".

Now THAT'S holding on to bitterness. I imagine it scares off dates too!

In the long run, I guess, my point is this - holding on to bitterness and rage damages US.
Ellie

B
B
Right. Well and that's another reason why, when a marriage breaks up, it's important to not let yourself get bulldozed into giving up more than you should. I could see, if I let STBX put me back into the apartment or home rental market, I'd have to contend with yearly raises and etc. After 15+ years of owning our own house, that would be traumatic and make it harder for me to not be bitter. So I won't allow it -- I know at this point most judges would make him let me stay in the house as long as I want to, so I've made it a point to stay until I find someplace else decent I can own, even if it's a condo. I know that is one thing I need to stand up for - purely for mental health's sake and it is also something he owes me.

So that's another point to bitterness - because aside from losing (no matter how temporarily) the R, we can't let them disrupt or shortchange our own lives either. It's easier to "let go" and move on or DB if we make sure we have what we are entitled to -- being firm but nice.

BluePoet

*M:50 WAH/PA:47
*M:29+
*Bomb:10/13/06
*Sep:10/17/06(me in house)
*H wants D-11/30/06
*01/08/07- Me - NG, New R
*2/26/07- filing of D
*5/29/07- D final
*08/25/07- Me - New R ends.
- is ex-h living with OW?
*D:32, S:24
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Yuck! We waited all day Sunday for THIS?

Sorry, guys, but I hate the new design. Two biggest flaws? I can no longer browse down the list of posters to find the threads I want by author's name - instead it's at the bottom of a "paragraph" of stuff, so no easy scanning.

Then, to make it worse, threads are no longer highlighted as read or not read.

This is not a style issue, it's MUCH less user friendly.

Please, can we have the old design back????

Ellie

D
D
KML,

I agree with you! I prefer the old design too. It's too hard to find the recently updated threads and if you click on them, they take to you to the first post. But in light of your whole bitterness post, I guess we gotta let it go girl!

rainbowlove
--------------
JG is coming back to me and we're gonna have a family. Positive thinking babies!

A
amd Offline
A
Totally agree. I don't like this at all.

amd
I am thinking that maybe it will get better when "they" work out the glitches...Noticed that all my "favorites" went away, really DON'T like that...But today I saw that the new posts are listed on each forum with a time, and that the ones that have been updated are a different color.

Who moved my cheese?

SG!

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
What I really hate most is that I can't scan down the list of author's names - makes it hard to find the threads I want to read.

Hmmmph!!

Ellie

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard