Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
T
OP Offline
T
Last Post

So I got out of the Army almost 5 years ago - and Saturday I recieved the good news in the form of a large check that I am FINALLY recieving VA benefits! This means bills paid off, eligible for VA loan, and who knows what else!!!

No, no part time job for the holidays now.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
TMW:

I am very happy for you! I do hope that this will be the beginning of better things for you. Remember that you do have some control over your own destiny. You have been surrounded by negative, unmotivated family and friends. It is time to change that. Get out - surround yourself with people who have better attitudes. WL's suggestion to join a gym is a great one - most people there are on a mission to improve themselves - a great place to meet new people.

I hope this is the kickstart you need to make the right improvements for a better life.

Barb

L
L
TMW,

Congrats!!!

Lisa

Me:37
H:38
6 kids
first bomb 8/05 (ow involved)
piecing 7/06
second bomb 3/07 ow involved
wash rinse repeat....
huge move to start over 2/11
more affairs
H left for good 8/12

W
W

TMW, someone out there wants you to suceed!!! WHat a great kick start just as Barbie doll suggested.

Awesome! So happy for you. Now, don't loan that money to your bf. lol.

W
W
Okay, list girl,

Break it down! Where is the money going? Get rid of debt, yippee!!! Anything else? And thank you for serving our country.

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks, I tried to serve the country but I couldn't make it through basic training. Or rather my body couldn't. I made it to week 7 and was eventually discharged with a problem with my knee, problem with my back and pelvic stress fracture.

Bye bye all credit card debt and the credit cards are put away. I'm putting a large amount into savings. I am making a large payment to my car and my student loan and I'm keeping some in my checking account for no worries.

I'm still going to go for a 100% mortgage that way I can do all that with the money. It will make it easier for me. I'm so happy. Happy to not have to worry about this debt, happy to even be talking about a house, happy that I'll be able to make everyone have a Merry Christmas

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
W
W
TMW,

I am so glad, what a great feeling to get rid ofall that debt. Fantastic!

TMW:

Congrats! Paying off your debt was a very smart thing to do. This is the opportunity you have waited for! Onto bigger and better things. I'm sure it will all fall into place for you now. This is great!

Barb

S
S
Quote:

Bye bye all credit card debt and the credit cards are put away. I'm putting a large amount into savings. I am making a large payment to my car and my student loan and I'm keeping some in my checking account for no worries.

That's awesome!!!

Me: 45 W43
S7, Foster S9 (Planning to adopt post divorce)
D mentioned Feb 2015, Wife served 3/24/2015. She moved out 4/15/2015.
P
P
Too Many Words
Great news on the money and paying off the debt.
When you get your new house, leave the boyfriend behind or you will end back up in the same place.
Things are looking up for you, so leave the old life behind.
Happy Thanksgiving

[color:"red"][b]Pam[b][/color]
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard