Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
AlmostGone #845565 01/22/07 08:16 AM
G
OP Offline
G
I usually don't have many problems until about 7 months pg and from 8 months I can't walk more than a few steps as I have a disability and the weight from the baby is too much by then.

This middle stage is easier. I have twisted my ankle when I was out baby shopping and the thing has swollen up and it's uncomfortable to weight bear but a couple of days with a bag of frozen peas over my ankle should do!

Jo.

greekgoddess #845566 01/23/07 07:58 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Just thought I'd update. Andy called today and said he'd been trying to get me before but I wasn't in. I said yeah, sorry, I didn't get in till 5.15pm. I asked him if he was okay and if he'd told his mother that she has a grandson yet. He said no, he'd chickened out again and said he'd just email her to tell her and attach the scan pictures. I said fair enough, at least you don't have to listen to her yelling at you.

He asked me how I was and I told him I'd sprained my ankle and then he asked to come over tomorrow and also said he'd booked tickets for me and DD4 to come with them to see this show on the 13th February and was it okay with me if I came along because he's already paid for the tickets? I said yes, that sounds nice. He said 'Don't forget the date.'

I resisted the temptation to laugh. Anyone who has ever DB'ed or loved and lost knows full well you never forget a date like that. I just said ever so coolly that I'd write it down and not forget.

So they're coming over tomorrow and despite the pain my ankle is in, I'm feeling great.

Will update properly tomorrow.

Jo.

greekgoddess #845567 01/25/07 08:03 AM
G
OP Offline
G
Well, Andy and DD2 and DD3 came over yesterday (DD1 was having a sleepover at a friend's house). Andy had brought round some puzzles and toys that he didn't want at his house and decided to let DD4 have them here, so we did those with her most of the morning and helping her remember her alphabet.

Then the girls played snakes and ladders in French (you have to know your French numbers to know how many spaces you should move).

Andy had spent yesterday evening recording me this music CD which he brought round (more presents and it's not even my birthday!)

He did make this comment that I never visit him and the girls at his house (the morning sickness was so bad I couldn't). I told him I was too sick to travel on buses but now it's gone I'll come over if he wants. Perhaps that's why he's spoiling me? Maybe he thinks I'm losing interest!?! Now I'm not as ill I've decided I definitely have to put more effort into this R.

He asked me what sort of stuff I need for the birth as I'm having our son at his house so I told him to buy a bucket, some plastic shower curtains and an electric fan to stop me over-heating. I said I'd bring the rest of what was needed. I mean, women have had babies in bushes for centuries - you can't need that much stuff!

I'm really excited because I'm moving in with him in the middle of May, but I'm also dreading it because I actually have to give birth (do I really want to go through all that pain again?), but I've got no choice as the little guy can't stay in there forever.

Andy is really excited about it too and if he's nervous he hasn't shown it.

We snuggled up on the sofa for a couple of hours, then they went to pick up DD1.

I spent the evening freelancing.

I see them again tomorrow.

Jo.

greekgoddess #845568 01/25/07 10:23 AM
B
B
Wow Jo let a girl loss her internet for a few months and she misses all the good stuff.So your going to have a baby boy.Soooooo Cool.

I have three of them.They are something.Your in for a life of energy.Get ready.But it is so much fun.I went from being a girly girl to being able to like frogs and such.LOL

I'm so excited for you.But so grateful it's you and not me.I'm to old for that.But I may get me some grandbabies in the next few years.Very exciting.Babies.

Well off to work,

Congrats.

Later Friend
Briget

The grass is always greener over the septic tank... Erma Bombeck Treat hate with Love... DR. Martin Luther King
Briget #845569 01/25/07 08:57 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks Briget (I keep wanting to call you Bridget!)

I am excited too and a bit aprehensive. I can't play sport and things like that so I'm a bit worried he'll think I'm a boring mummy. Andy isn't into that stuff either and he'll have no brothers so I wonder where he'll get that kind of stimulation, but I think I'm just thinking too much.

I'm starting to struggle a bit - my ankle has sprained and it's been difficult to walk, plus there was snow/ice the last couple of days and I slipped in the middle of the road whilst trying to go out and buy bread. These 2 people came over to see if I was okay and I was both pleased they were there and kinda irritated because I am only 23 weeks and want to be able to manage a lot longer than this.

I got home with no bread so got inventive and baked coconut flapjack instead.

Andy is never going to hear about this

greekgoddess #845570 01/26/07 03:34 PM
K
K
How long have you two been divorced?

M: 29
H: 27
Married: 6/22/02
Bomb: 6/12/06
H moved out: 6/16/06
Signed D papers: 1/8/07
D final: 5/14/07

greekgoddess #845571 01/26/07 06:52 PM
B
B
Hi Jo,

Briget or Bridget it's the same.I always thought my mom was still on pain meds when she signed my birth certificate.LOL

Don't stress about not being able to play sports.I hated playing sports.But my sons loved to be in the kitchen with me.None of my sons played sports.Ex didn't like playing sports.He was into nascar and ham radios and computers.

My s17 tried little league when he was 10.He hated it.

Your going to love the energy of little boys.Just watching them is so much fun.

You know your not the first mother that has a disablity and have a son.I rarely hear about sons who think they missed out on their mothers playing sports.Cause a good portion of them dont play sports.

Besides he has a father who can do that with him.

I'm excited for you.I remember when mine were little and I miss it.Well most of it.I even miss the dirty puppy smell they have when they would come in from playing.Enjoy it.It doesn't last very long.

Later Friend
Briget

The grass is always greener over the septic tank... Erma Bombeck Treat hate with Love... DR. Martin Luther King
KristyS #845572 01/27/07 03:38 PM
G
OP Offline
G
He moved out in April 2002 and we got a divorce in December 2004. Having said that, we have always had a R even in spite of this. Several times we fell out and have had MAJOR disagreements and even court action but we still carried on having a R. That never really died, although both of us tried to kill it off on several ocassions just to draw a line under it, but we never could.

I did in the end insist upon a D because of this fling he had with OW. I thought that was the final straw, but he refused to sign the papers. The baliff's threatened to come to his home because he retained the D papers and apparently they're court property. In the end I was granted the D on the basis of us living in different houses for 2 years so it went through without his signiture, but looking back, I reckon I should not have forced it. He obviously didn't want one and neither did I.

It is going to feel both wonderful and strange moving to his home to have the baby.

I am getting some forms to rent a new home. Then we have to decide whether to bite the bullet and move together or not.

Jo.

Briget #845573 01/27/07 03:45 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks Briget

I am sure I am going to love having a son. I think it's just fear of the unknown. I'm so used to girls I just think of babies as female.

Jo.

greekgoddess #912534 01/31/07 04:03 PM
A
ACJ Offline
A
Just re-bookmarking you.

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12