Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
K
K
Jo
You will for sure fall right into mother mode, he will be your precious bundle, no matter the sex.
I think each child is different, I am lucky my S was very easy, just his personality though, and he and I are very close, especially since his dad left 4 yrs ago, I talk to him a lot at college and he shares dating and girl and school stories w/ me.

It will all be very natrual

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

KarenMarieS #845556 01/18/07 08:01 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks to everyone with sons and all your helpful words, I am not as anxious when people tell me how great their sons are.

I know I'll fall in love with him the minute I see his face. I am wondering about nappies (diapers) though, as I have never changed a boy before. I keep thinking, with all those 'extra' bits on the outside, how do you clean him? And what if I accidently fasten the diaper too tight and it squashs his important bits.

I asked my friend whose got 3 sons and she laughed at me

Oh, DD4 said something cute earlier. She was hugging me and said she couldn't hug the baby because
'He's in the bean bag.'
I said
'Bean bag?'
So she corrected herself and said
'I meant the water bag.'
I just roared with laughter

Andy phoned earlier and he and the girls are coming over tomorrow. He's going to bring DD4 home from nursery for me so I don't have to walk there. I am starting to get tired easily, especially with the appalling weather conditions so I think he's trying to make things easier. He keeps asking all the time 'Are you okay?' so he must think I look enormous.

Jo.

K
kml Offline
K
When changing a baby boy's diaper, always leave SOMETHING (the old diaper, the new one, or whatever) on top of him until you're ready to put the new diaper on. And keep your mouth shut at all times during this process!!!

Ellie

kml #845558 01/19/07 06:24 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks for the tip. I've got some of those muslin cloth squares so that should do for the diaper job!

I had a great day with Andy and the kids. He collected DD4 from nursery for me and we all hung out and had drinks and chatted.

Then after lunch he took me to town and we went baby shopping with his money. He bought £65 of baby clothes in the sale so there were loads. I let him choose most of them as he was paying but I chose 2 or 3 outfits. Having always had girls in the past, we don't have any boy clothes, so he went a bit mad getting all this stuff! I've now got enough stuff to last our son until he's 9 months old.

Andy says he wants to name him Giannis (Pronounced Yanni) after my dad who was Giannis, and Anthony as a second name which was his dad's second name (and the family referred to him by his second name always). I have said I agree unless I or he think of something we like better before the birth. I wanted Andrew as a third name after Andy, but he isn't sure about having a third name. DD3 has 3 names and all the others just have 2, so I didn't want her to be the odd one out. I have to convince him of that yet. Perhaps I'll just sneak to the register office and add the Andrew in when he's not looking!
I am getting the final say, though, as I told him, because we're divorced.

We spent all afternoon shopping where he bought me anything I wanted and kept looking at me all proud like he's the only man ever to impregnate a woman, LOL. He is SO pleased that I am carrying his son, I feel like this is earning me major love points!

Then we came home and had dinner and the girls were asking if they can be at the birth again, to which I said I wasn't sure. I explained I'd be in pain and there might be blood etc and asked DD1 if she thought she could handle it. She said yes she could.
Then all the others started up about how they wanted to see it come out too. Andy said
'No way, you're not all being there, you're mother has to concentrate.'
I suggested to Andy that he show DD1 a video of a home birth and see if she handles it and if she copes okay then I would consider letting her be there, but we're definitely not allowing the other 3.

When they left this evening, I got a bear hug and kiss on the doorstep from him - he is being so sweet lately.

Jo.

A
ACJ Offline
A
Jo this is all so encouraging to hear.

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
ACJ #845560 01/20/07 12:14 PM
B
B
When we brought our baby boy home from the Hospital my girls were fascinated with him.
When it was time to change his diaper, the girls had a really strange look on their faces.
My D who was 3 at the time asked me "Hey Mum, what's he wearing".

There can be no testimony without a test.
I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
brandnewday #845561 01/20/07 05:04 PM
G
OP Offline
G
LOL, that's funny.

My DD4 walked in on her dad when he was in the bathroom once so she's seen male bits already, and asked him what they were. So she already knows that the baby is going to have what her dad has.

The kids are all really excited about having a brother. It's more me that is nervous about the diapers!

Jo.

A
A
Hi greekgoddess:

How exciting a new baby boy on the way! I am so happy for you! Congratulations!

It also sounds like things are gradually moving forward between you and Andy. You have the stamina to be pregnant and continue to rebuild your new R at the same time. That must take a lot of energy.

Congratulations again!

take care,
AG

AlmostGone #845563 01/20/07 07:25 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks

I've got to admit, at the moment I'm feeling like we're moving away from all the bad stuff and entering into a much calmer sort of life. We had 2 rows in the last 10 months, and 1 minor one. Apart from 1 occassion we've been able to discuss things calmly. I am hoping this will continue.

Our new son seems to be bringing Andy and I closer. He's really proud and has been spoiling me rotten for weeks, and even with my girls, it's bridging some of the gap as they want to talk about the baby with me all the time. They are so enthusiastic they want to be at the birth, but I just feel there's too many of them for that.

The first 3 months of the pregnancy were hell. I had really bad morning sickness, but now that's over I feel fine, just the same as when I'm not pregnant except for the bump!

Jo.

A
A
Hi Jo!

When I do lurk - I do follow your threads and read about some of the ups and downs and how you handle them. You seem to be doing well.

How lucky that you are just a person with just a bump. I hope I am as lucky - and don't end up a house with a mountain as opposed to a normal sized person with a bump!

take care,
AG

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard