Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
K
kml Offline
K
Quote:

Well, I almost got shushed by the judge for my giggling. I really thought I'd be a little sad and maybe shed a tear or two. I was happy to see tissues on the table beside me. However, after we got started I got really tickled. At one point (near the end) my attorney looked over to see me doing a little happy dance in my seat. She plans to request a copy of the video recording of the procedings so she can put them on her myspace page, lol

LOL!!! Will we be seeing "The Giggling Divorcee" on youtube soon?????

I imagine not too many LBSs giggle in the courtroom - I take it as a good sign that you are well over your H and looking forward to the future.

Honestly - given your H's past history of abandoning his previous family before yours, his pathology runs so deep, you are well out of his mess. I'm so impressed with how you managed to pull yourself up, dealing with all those kids essentially on your own, getting back to work, etc. etc. You rock, girl!

I'm so enjoying the image of tha WAH squirming in his seat, wondering why LBS is so happy to be rid of him, instead of collapsing in a heap of tears. I bet that turned his world view on its head!!!! And I think you're right = he's probably not too happy to lose his excuse not to marry oW.

Ellie

kml #800529 11/29/06 10:09 PM
Good for you, April!!! Bet you're glad to have this over with, huh? It's been waaaay too long in coming.

April, you really are an amazing person. Like KML said, raising 4 kids on your own, finishing school, working at what you love and I could go on and on. Now, unless I missed something, where'd this new guy come from??? Hmmmmm?

What a joke about lowering your CS. How can you lower $0?

K
K
April,

Consorrulations (Or something like that, ask Betsey) on the finalized D.

You do sound good. Your guy sounds pretty good, too. I guess this isn't the guy you mentioned to us in your earlier threads?

The Ex will have to find a new reason why he can't marry OW. Too bad. It still amazes me that she'd be with him knowing how he's treated his own family.

More power to you!

Thanks,

Joe

My sitch
More importantly, Light A Million Candles
D
D
Congrats April. I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. B

Each experience in life has formed me, become part of me, made me stronger.
L
L
***HUGS**** You made it through!

Very proud of you!

LambsieChick

"Before you can inspire with emotion, you must be swamped with it yourself. Before you can move their tears, your own must flow. To convince them, you must yourself believe." - Winston Churchill
lambsie #800533 01/14/07 07:18 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Lambsie!!! How are things? Drop me an email sometime, would ya?

No new guy...old guy...the "no sparks" guy from long ago that "broke up with me" over the summer. It's an odd situation, but I'm going with the flow and enjoying his company.

I haven't been on here in so long. Work is still good. My kids have been sick this past week...hopefully they'll get healthy soon.

I've made an appointment with a therapist to work on some issues...stress, relationships, etc...I'm hoping to get some perspective and some new ideas on how to handle my life. There's no major problems, I just think I can do better than I am.

The Ex eventually got served with the contempt charge in mid-December. He called and threw a fit about how his doctor wouldn't release him to work. Strangely enough, he was released a week later, lol. I still haven't seen any CS, but you'll have that. Maybe in another week or two? I'll be sure to post a picture of me holding my breath.

I hope you're all doing well. I really need to check in more often.

~April I'm not with stupid anymore. Dimples
Aprilsm4 #800534 01/15/07 08:05 PM
D
D
Thanks for the update April. Hope everyone is healthy again soon...and I hope you get a big healthy CS check soon. OK, you can stop holding your breath, we like you too much to let you expire. Take care. B (um, Mel...)

Each experience in life has formed me, become part of me, made me stronger.
Aprilsm4 #800535 01/16/07 05:03 PM
F
F
April!

You continue to amaze me with your ability to persevere and press on with life despite your ex's thorough lack of support or assistance.

Glad to see that you're not pressing on the R front. It'll happen if it's meant to be.

Take care,

FL

God heals the broken-hearted (Psalm 147:3)

Me: 44
W: 40
Separated 8/2011

S12
SD14
SS12
SD10
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard