Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
koshka #800518 10/24/06 04:16 PM
F
F
Hey there, April.

How's it shakin?

Gabe

God heals the broken-hearted (Psalm 147:3)

Me: 44
W: 40
Separated 8/2011

S12
SD14
SS12
SD10
A
OP Offline
A
Hey, fellas

I've been super busy lately. I'm out of the house from 7am-6pm most days. Slowly but surely I'm getting my house in order

The final (I hope) hearing is a little over a month away and I'm glad that the "end" is near. I try to update on myspace when I get a chance...look me up over there if ya miss me

How are things with you all?

~April I'm not with stupid anymore. Dimples
K
K
April,
Quote:

The final (I hope) hearing is a little over a month away and I'm glad that the "end" is near.

Good for you and the kids. The end is tough, but it makes the "starting over" possible.
Quote:

I try to update on myspace when I get a chance...look me up over there if ya miss me

I haven't logged into myspace in weeks or even longer. I don't like the ads for their dating service, with the scantily clad teenage girls popping up on every mouse click. It's bad enough continuing to get spam from match.com about all the women who are supposedly trying to contact me (on the basis of my hidden profile, no less).

Keep us posted over here once in a while, k?

Thanks,

Joe

My sitch
More importantly, Light A Million Candles
koshka #800521 11/13/06 03:34 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Our hearing is in 2.5 weeks. I hope like crazy we get everything finalized...I don't want to keep this "man's" name any longer than I have to.

I filed a contempt charge for non-payment of child support...no CS since June. I was hoping he'd be served in time for the upcoming hearing, but no luck. It'll be February or March before we can get that scheduled...

Kids are doing okay. They're eager to go to MD next week. The baby is doing great. He's almost 2...talking like crazy and climbing out of his crib. He's been sick on and off for most of November Hopefully, he'll get better and off the ton of meds he's on.

Work is still kicking my behind, but that's okay. I'm starting on stuff for our Christmas programs today. The joy!

I think that's all, off the top of my head...oh, I'm not online at home anymore. Without the CS, I can't afford it. Oh well, maybe in the new year I can swing it, lol.

K
K
April,
Quote:

I filed a contempt charge for non-payment of child support...no CS since June.

That's a long time to go without the CS. I know the judge told XW to notify the court immediately if she "had any difficulty" getting money from me. The attitudes of the judge ("He can't be trusted to provide for his kids") and XW (gleeful, in a Cruella de Ville kind of way) were the starkest view I had of the operatings of the court system in MD. It showed me that the judge probably hadn't even looked at the details of the case or the transcription of the custody hearing to get S7 home.

Sorry. Enough venting. Does your L know of any way to expedite the hearing on the CS? Waiting two to three more months sounds extreme.

I hope the baby is feeling better for Christmas. It sounds like he's just the right age to tear the house up for about 6 hours and then konk out the rest of the day.

Are you making the trip to MD, or just to some meeting point?

Thanks,

Joe

My sitch
D
D
April, sorry to hear your little one's been sick. Glad he's feeling better.

Does your X know that you are filing a contempt charge? What is his excuse for not paying? Just curious....B

Each experience in life has formed me, become part of me, made me stronger.
Dmsw4 #800524 11/15/06 03:10 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Joe, he'll be coming down here to pick them up. There's no way my van could make the trip to MD, lol.

Mellanie, unless he's been served then he doesn't know. He called last night to discuss the pick-up on Saturday and he didn't mention it. He's been "injured" since June and hasn't worked since. He said he would be back to work at the end of September. When the end of October rolled around with no $$, I decided to file.

Hi April,
Good for you for forcing the support issue. Hope you can get it worked out quickly. If nothing else, you may get his income tax return as a result since there's no income.

Glad to hear all is well with your job. Sounds like you love it!!!

K
K
April,

How was Turkey Day for you? Quiet time without the kids and the students? Any news on the C$ front?

Thanks,

Joe

My sitch
A
OP Offline
A
Hey Joe!!!

Turkey Day was good. I spent it with my "guy" and his family. It was also his Mother's 80th birthday so there was cake on top of all the other goodies

On the CS issue, the ex (Yes, the EX!) came up with a little under $600. I hit some stores on Black Friday and got most of my shopping done for Christmas. The rest is gas money until payday.

Had court today...I'm cutting and pasting from another board I visit...

It went well today. Well, I almost got shushed by the judge for my giggling. I really thought I'd be a little sad and maybe shed a tear or two. I was happy to see tissues on the table beside me. However, after we got started I got really tickled. At one point (near the end) my attorney looked over to see me doing a little happy dance in my seat. She plans to request a copy of the video recording of the procedings so she can put them on her myspace page, lol. The EX was pretty quiet throughout the whole thing. (I guess he has to find a new excuse as to why he can't marry OW, lol. JK, sort of.)

After court, Stacey (attorney) and I were going to lunch. I checked my cell and had a message from my guy. He was on his way down (45 minute drive, at least, for him) to see me and offer support. He met us for a long lunch. Sigh

Anyway, that was pretty much it. My child support went down by almost $300 since my income is up from the last hearing. Oh well, $300 less than nothing isn't that big a deal. I'm used to not getting any from the last few months, so any amount will be nice.

Oh, before we ate we ran into a friend from HS that's a cop. He was standing with a couple of state troopers. They told me to have a few margaritas to celebrate. I was like, "but I have to drive home after lunch." They kept encouraging me to have at least one drink, lol. It was the first time I've seen cops encourage drinking and driving.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard