Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#718501 05/16/06 11:47 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Previous Chapter

Not a bad idea. My dog would be insanely jealous. LOL.

My bike, it's good for now. Needs some adjustments.

I'm also glad my sister is getting help. These are trained professionals and I don't think she can keep up her act 24/7. And the counselors and workers are accustomed to much worse than she is dishing out. My dad and her mom however can be fooled more easily. We'll see how it all goes.

Borders - I haven't heard from them. I left the notice for my manager 2 weeks ago asking him to drop me to contingent, since to be part time I'd have to work 2 days a week. I'm sure they'd call if I was completely done. I'll probably get a call in a week or so.

BF and I hung out last night. I reminded him of the date. He seemed like he sincerly appologized. He said one of these times he'll shock the crap out of me and remember. (I won't hold my breath, I've learned that men remembering dates is the equivelant of pigs flying) But he was sweet yesterday, we had to stop at his friend's house. He told me how happy I make him. He actually talked a bit more than usual. Mentioned how he wants to go see the Da Vinci Code (really surprised me since it doesn't seem like his cup of tea, but I didn't argue). I asked if we'd actually have a date. He said yeah, I asked without his brother? He said his brother wouldn't like that kind of movie.
Wow, a date. I don't know what to do with myself.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
#718502 05/16/06 09:40 PM
A
A
Quote:

Wow, a date. I don't know what to do with myself.

Well, if it's a date, you don't have to do it with yourself

~April I'm not with stupid anymore. Dimples
#718503 05/17/06 11:35 AM
T
OP Offline
T
LOL, this is true.

Yesterday he asked me if I wanted to go to King's Island with them. (Him and his brother of course). Next weekend. Leave EARLY Saturday morning, come home LATE Sunday. And we can sleep in and relax on Monday. There is a camp ground we can stay at. They have this HUGE tent, it's got 2 or 3 bedrooms in the tent. I'm so excited.

I'm kind of surprised he's making plans. Nice change.

Have to go out to my mom's today. I am getting 50 free goldfish for her pond. BF is going to go with me. I found them on craigslist. Great site for free classified ads. Some cool free stuff people occationally post.
I have to go out there today and I might have to go out there Friday - her fiancee is having angioplasty (sp?). It's at 2pm. My mom gets out of work at 1:30. So, he'll drive himself to the hospital. My mom will go there right from work. But he won't be able to drive home. So they've asked if I would drive out to the house, my mom will come pick me up, then I'll drive one of their cars back to their house and I'll go home. His kids are very worthless! His son lives with them and he can't do this! Argh.

Then Saturday they are having a garage sale. It's the annual garage sale for the trailor park. So mom asked if me and BF's mom would go out there. BF's mom will drive, so that BF can do my oil change, rotate tires, replace brakes and rotors.

XH hasn't transfered the money out of the joint account yet. I'm going to the bank to get the paperwork to get him off the account. I'll mail it to him to sign and have him mail it back.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
#718504 05/17/06 12:32 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I need to post to try and bring my blood pressure down.

My mom called me as she usually does on her way to work. Talking about me bringing her fish after work today, she's going to order pizza. Talking about her fiancee and his son.

Well, somehow we got into an argument. She said something about how her and her fiancee met.
She has changed this story at least 3 times now.
Today she says they met at a local Children's hospital last year, preparing for an easter egg hunt. I told her - she told me she met him on the internet when he emailed her something about her profile and it was right after Christmas; she was upset with SD because he didn't get her as much christmas gifts as he got her. She said no, she never said any of that. Today she tries to claim that she didn't start talking to her fiancee until after her birthday - until I reminded her that she and him went to a concert 1 or 2 weeks before her birthday and that she took a call from him on her birthday at the resturant in front of myself, XH and SD.
I reminded her that her fiancee once said something about Christmas cookies and that is when she told me she actually started talking to him after Christmas.
She said no, she never said that. She said she would never care how much someone gave her for Christmas and that again, she didn't start talking to him until around her birthday. She claims she gave him some frozen Christmas cookies in march when they met.

I got upset with her because, as I told her, I'm only going off of what she told me. And I had to hear for MONTHS about how upset she was with SD about not getting her as much as she got him for Christmas.

I told her that this is why me and BF's mom are so upset with her - she can't keep her stories straight.
At 1 point she said maybe she needs to see a doctor, because she doesn't remember saying any of that.

She got to a point of frustration, knowing she wasn't going to win this battle and said that she is with her fiancee now and that's all that matters. And she changed the subject.

How long will it take for her to tell the truth, to herself, to her fiancee, to me, to her best friend, to SD, to my dad, to her mom, to her grandmother. I still stand by my ultimatum - she tells everyone the truth by her wedding next June or I will object.

She stopped to see SD yesterday before her doctor's appointment. Not sure exactly what happened there.
She told BF's mom that her appointment was at 2, told me and SD 3. SD was in a wierd mood when I came home. Happy, but saying things to himself about how much he misses her. I went over BF's for a while, when I came back he was sitting in the living room, in the dark listening to the radio.

I know that not much can be done for WAS in way shape or form - I just can't keep up with this. I'm so sick of arguing with her over the truth or what she claims to be the truth or the truth she tells me versus the truth she tells BF's mom.

#718505 05/17/06 03:26 PM
W
W
Your mom, really cant remember al lher lies. Is she going through an MLC herself?

I think she should go into therapy. That's a great idea!

Why not say to her, I've been thinking about what you said, aout seeing a dcotor and I think it would be a good idea. Or maybe talk to your sis's counselors and tryt o get them to talk to her???

The Theme park sounds fun!

#718506 05/17/06 03:47 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I've suggested it before.
She's even lied about going to counseling. She claimed she went to this 1 place. I asked her where since some of my college professors work in the area. She wouldn't say. Then I asked what the doctor's name was. She said she seen someone different evertime she went. There is no counselor/psychologist/psychiatrist in the world that would pass a patient around to others in the office from visit to visit. There is no way to learn the history, to build report.

I don't think there is much more I can do. I've told her that I will object to her marriage next year if she doesn't tell everyone the truth. She knows this. She knows I'm not bluffing. Yet she keeps up the lies and she keeps up the wedding planning. So, she has a year. If the wedding is still on in a year - we'll see what happens. Something has got to make her stop.

She has always stretched the truth a bit, but nothing this extreme.

I think there is something very very wrong with her. She will tell me things 3 or 4 times before I stop her and tell her she already told me. Simple, little things. Like what the doctor said or some conversation she had or something that happened at work or at a store. She forgets things I tell her.
She forgets little things. I might have mentioned this before, but the 1 time I was out at her house - she forgot how to attach a picture in email. She's done it hundreds of times. But she really honestly couldn't remember how to do it. I even thought she was joking, but she wasn't.

I'm starting to think I should call my great grandma, her grandmother and see what stories she's been telling her. I know the stories she's been telling me, BF's mom, SD and my dad. She just doesn't get that EVERYONE knows she's a lier. EVERYONE.
Even the neighbors we used to have in the house her and SD used to rent. Even they knew she was cheating on SD or that something was going on - from the few stories she told them.

What a horrible life to lead, that you don't know what stories you tell and you make up more stories to cover the original stories. I know when I relate events or conversations, I don't have to worry about 1 person talking to another or anything. If anything - I forget details, but I don't make things up.

It's frustrating and hurtful, especially since this is my mother.

She called right before she went into work, to tell me of a DVD movie she got from the library. She talked like nothing happened. She said I love you. She was looking forward to seeing me and BF and getting the fish tonight and she'd order pizza for us.
ARGH

I wish I knew what it would take to make her stop lying. If there was a way to stop being her daughter, I'd seriously look into it! I'm just so disgusted with her, it's beyond words. It's beyond definition.

Anyways - trying to focus on next weekend. I LOVE Theme Parks. I love roller coasters. I hope the weather is good. I really like King's Island. It's owned by Paramount, so it's got all this movie stuff.

Last edited by Toomanywords; 05/17/06 03:50 PM.

#718507 05/18/06 02:08 PM
TMW, obviously your mother is wrong to chronically lie, and she seems to have made a poor choice in the man she's involved with. (seems to me there are some parallels to your own situation but that's another story)

I'm not sure why it is affecting YOU so strongly. Ok, she lies to you and everyone else. But you know that she lies, so you know better than to beleive her. Her lies are not a reflection on you-- her being known to be a liar does not cause people to suspect you are a liar too, since you are her daughter. So, bottom line, how is it affecting you day to day?

I'm drawing a blank on that-- but if you are able to identify ways that her lying is legitimately affecting you, then you have that as ammunition to confront her. If it's just a value judgement-- then it's really her choice.

Just a thought.

#718508 05/18/06 02:55 PM
T
OP Offline
T
It affects me because she is my mother. I can't believe things she tells me. She lies to people that we mutually know, so I have to deal with them asking me about her stories and her life.

Anyways- I'm so excited. BF and his brother and I were planning our trip for next weekend to King's Island. It's about a 4 hour drive or so from where we live. We will leave Saturday morning, spend the day at the park - camp at a local campground (with airmattresses). Then go to the park again on Sunday. The plan was to come home Sunday night. Today I jokingly asked if we could stay an extra day and go to the zoo - sounded good to them and they went ahead and booked an extra night at the campgrounds.
I'm going to the Cincinnatti Zoo!!!! I'm SOO excited! I've never been there, I've seen pictures and heard about how great it is. I have to get tons of extra batteries for my camera. I have to figure out who can watch my dog. So excited!

Went and seen my mom last night. Got a ton of free goldfish that she could use for her outside pond. That was fun. Transporting 2 buckets full of goldfish in the car for a little over an hour.
I have to go back out there tomorrow. And Saturday.
So many miles on my car. So much gas being used.

XH still hasn't transfered his part of the money out of the checking account. He isn't answering his phone. I'm planning on going to the bank tonight and getting the papers to have his name taken off the account. I'll fill out my part and mail them to him to sign. I'll put a note in there to make the transfer, sign the papers and send them back. Maybe I'll even include an envelope already addressed and stamped. If he isn't going to make the transfer, I wish he'd just let me know. Or let me know when he will be making the transfer. That way I can plan things financially more easily.

I'm just so excited about the Zoo thing that not much else matters at the moment.

Have to focus on work and get some of that done.

#718509 05/18/06 04:03 PM
W
W
I'm happy for you to be going to have some fun!

How's stepdad doing?

I like your idea of sending the self-addressed stamped envelope to take care of the bank account. Your ex is obsiousely going through something and can not handle these little details of life at the moment.

#718510 05/18/06 05:07 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Yeah, I can't wait. Roller Coasters and animals all in 1 long weekend. Only bad thing is that we'll be sleeping in a tent and not in a hotel. But at least it's going to be on an air mattress and a 3 bedroom tent. And it's only $17/night. That's total for the campground rental. Doesn't matter how many people.

SD is alright. He's talking more about selling the house, but he says if he did, it wouldn't be for a year. That gives me a little time to pay off/down bills. My mom mentioned that if he did put the house up for sale, maybe I could buy it. She said that her fiancee would help me. They already talked about it.
It's hard to not like someone who keeps offering help when you might need it.
SD, he needs help. In different ways. He spends a lot of time at the bar or at home drinking alone. He talks to himself, A LOT. I've mentioned this before. Last night or the night before he talked for over an hour, nonstop - to himself.

I thought about just putting XH's signature on the papers myself. I've done it before, he's been fine with it. But since he won't answer his phone, I'll do things the legal way. Maybe I'll try to deliver the paperwork in person - since I also have to return his baseball/football/basketball trading cards.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard