Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
#488803 06/28/05 06:18 AM
O
O
Re: kml
Quote:

found a swirly blue Italian handblown glass vase for $3.50!!

I bet it matches that $$$$$ ($600?) front door knob you were shopping for but used the back door hardware instead. Much better deal too!

One of my printer repair customers has a 2 story building in the "Historic" district. Big $$$ for things I threw away 40+ years ago. Some verying interesting items but way too much $$$ for my blood.

Lou

#488804 06/28/05 01:22 PM
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Lou -
Guess we both got the "thrifty" gene

Ellie

#488805 06/30/05 03:35 PM
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Well, H has been gone for a few days on a business trip, I was sick with a bad cold while he was gone so it wasn't bad timing, at least I wasn't hacking and coughing and keeping him awake. His flight home got delayed last night, so he didn't get in ubntil 1 AM, and it was one of those nightmares where they loaded the plane then kept them on the tarmac for 3 hours, and he was seated next to some really obnoxious, wiggly person, and the kids behind him kicking his seat etc. Needless to say, Mr. Grumpy is the guy who came home last night.

Too bad, because today is our anniversary and I had left flowers and a card out for him since I knew he'd be getting in after midnite when it would technically be our anniv. already. He had hoped we could get away tonight but it is not working out, my mom is out of town, S18 is working, I'm sick, and recent revelations about some escapades on S13's part (sneaking out at night from friend's house, drinking) mean he needs close supervision.

We will have to do something scaled down tonight, and then have a more special night together a little later.

I don't think this has anything to do with him being grumpy, though. I think he's going through a bad spell with his depression again. Unfortunately, he's in that place where he thinks he's not depressed, it's just all of us in the rest of the world pissing him off. I think I'm better now at not taking it personally, but it's tough sometimes when he gets in his critical mode.

So - how to create a romantic evening, that will make H feel appreciated and loved, while juggling all the kids and issues??? Maybe the weather will cooperate and I could plan a nice beach picnic with the kids - then we could drop them at the movies for a couple hours?

Ellie
PS - Yes, H has been taking his antidepressants.

#488806 07/01/05 07:44 AM
S
S

Hi Ellie - I'm sorry to hear you are unwell, and that H is in a dip too. Maybe it is time to postpone everything, even the little celebration? I know I find it difficult to see the bright side in anything when I'm unwell

Wishing you a better weekend. Slowly

A Liberal Allowance of Time
#488807 07/01/05 10:24 AM
Ellie,

Sorry you're not feeling well! Bad timing, huh?

Sorry, too, that h is in a negative place. I can relate to trying to deal with Mr. Grumps -- it's so hard not to personalize it, isn't it? Or, to want to throttle him? My dilemma is that I just don't know the "right" response (I know, experiment!) -- should I be perky? Quiet but not irked? Distant?

Anyway, I know you've said that being in a good mood helps bring your h out of a bad one...but I'm sure that's not easy given that you're not feeling well.

Better days ahead for you, I'm sure.

Sage

PS Happy Anniversary!!!

Relax. Appreciate. Be calm. Laugh. Enjoy. Be secure. Be loving. Be loved. Don't personalize. Don't ASSume. Accept. Be grateful.
#488808 07/02/05 04:23 AM
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Well, he wasn't quite so Mr. Grumpy last night - and we had a nice evening out with D14 and S13 seeing Mr. and Mrs. Smith (better than expected, really). I know it doesn't sound romantic but we were both fine with it and H was pretty sweet in the movie theater.

Today I'm Mrs. Grumpy, though, having spent about 6 hours with tech support, talking to some guys in India trying to fix my H's virus-infected computer (honestly, we're paying this fee for virus-protection service with Norton, and then when THEIR software fails, we have to PAY for them to walk us through fixing it? And after 6 hours - it's still not done? And as near as I can tell, all this happened because H clicked on the wrong box to close some pop-up????

Just call me GRUMPY right now!

Ellie

#488809 07/04/05 05:48 PM
I can relate the computer problems and just to add about S18. I have a S18, too. He has always marched to the beat of a different drum. He enjoys different activities than most of his friends. He is really interested in computers and music. But he also liked football and this helped him make friends. Most people just accept him as being a little different. He is a thoughtful, funny, warm person, eccentricities and all.

I understand the feeling of pride when people tell you how much they have enjoyed knowing your child. Hope your computer problems are solved and you are feeling well.

PS Our S18 was supposed to play football for a small university in Indiana but suffered a second dislocation of his left shoulder and will have it surgerically repaired on the 26th of this month.

Everything happens for a reason, maybe Dad needs to find that it isn't better out there, he needs to realize how good he had it here. Maybe he will find God and that is the most important thing when he finds Him he will know he is supposed to come home.
#488810 07/09/05 02:34 PM
K
K
Ellie,

I found your thread! Yay!
Quote:

we had a nice evening out with D14 and S13 seeing Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Great! Let me be one of the first to wish you a belated Happy Anniverary!

And I hope all the virus infections in the household have subsided by now.

Thanks,

K

My sitch
More importantly, Light A Million Candles
#488811 07/09/05 03:58 PM
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks K -
No, I'm still struggling with the virus. Decided the Norton guys didn't know squat, followed some instructions myself from a bb which ALMOST cleaned it up, but it recurred when H went back on the internet, so now I have a guy on Geeks To Go website who is walking me through it. Cross your fingers, I'm hoping he'll tell me my last HijackThis log shows I'm finally clean.

Last night ran down to thebeach with thekids at 11:00 to see if the red tide was still fluorescing - it wasn't, but the grunion were running! Can you believe I've lived near thebeach in So. Cal for my whole 49 years and never actually seen the grunion run? (For non-locals - they are fish that come up to spawn on the beach at night during certain phase of the moon/tides/whatever.

Have a great weekend.

Ellie

#488812 07/12/05 01:26 AM
Hey Lady...

Just dropping in to check on you... Dont think I have ever told you how proud of you I am. I have gone back through the YEARS and read some of your post of your own sitch, and post you made to me...

There are still the ups, the downs, and the all turned arounds and your still sticking it through!!!

There truly is no keeping you back babe... or is it baby back? Wait, I am thinking of a Chili's commercial, nevermind... BBQ Sauce... Anyway...

You are a good person, and good friend...

Take care, I'll be lurking... (Evil laugh)

Later tater till your hair gets straighter...

More cheesy lines in the future...

Oh yeah, I almost forgot....

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GOPHER DANCE!!!!!!!!!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Last edited by WillWin; 07/12/05 01:27 AM.

WW "I no longer WILL WIN since I HAVE WON!!"
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard