Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: MrsNOP Message Board Upgrade - 02/02/07 07:52 AM
Hey, dear Moderators!

I just discovered that the search function is limited to one year and it looks like all the archived SSM posts have disappeared.

Please tell me that they are available archived somewhere or that they will be returning.

Regards,
MrsNOP -
Posted By: BigB50989 Re: Message Board Upgrade - 02/02/07 11:13 AM
yeah, I just logged in. Been away for a week or so....now I'm lost, and all of my favorite threads are too. I can't even find myself ! LOL
Posted By: Lillieperl Re: Message Board Upgrade - 02/02/07 02:28 PM
I posted this question on the "Technical issues" forum http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=909372&page=1&gonew=1#UNREAD on the very first day of the new BB and still haven't gotten an answer. One thing I did notice however is that when someone has a link to an old thread in their signature, that link does seem to take you into old threads. (I mean threads prior to the limit of the search function.) That seems to imply that they reside somewhere. Alas, I fear they may be lost. \:\( What a wealth of information. I almost can't stand to think about it. Like having your storage building burn down.

It could be that making those old posts available just hasn't been done YET, in the interest of getting the new board up and running. Maybe an email to the administrators is in order?

I post on another board regularly and have for over six years. That board has been upgraded several times, and each time, all past posts have been lost.
Posted By: GonnaGoBlind Re: Message Board Upgrade - 02/02/07 02:39 PM
Lil, If I go under "My Stuff" and select my posts, I get all my posts going back to May 2006, but it looks like nothing before that. Pity if all that history is gone.
Posted By: Lillieperl Re: Message Board Upgrade - 02/02/07 02:44 PM
If I go to My Stuff I only get posts back through December 2006-- Maybe it's the # of posts that is stored, not the dates. So if a person only posted 100 posts, but they went back through Jan of 2003, they would ALL be there, kwim? Those of us who are prolific (can't shut up) will have just as []many [/i]posts archived, but they won't go back so far in time.

This is sad.

I'd also like to see some answers to anyone's questions in the Technical issues forum.
Posted By: MJontheMend Re: Message Board Upgrade - 02/02/07 02:54 PM
I have to admit that as a Type 7 part of me likes the idea that all my old posts were disappeared. It's like clearing the clutter out of the attic without regard to sentimentality in order to make a new start.
Posted By: Paul92 Re: Message Board Upgrade - 02/02/07 07:33 PM
I'm not complaining, because this board is free and all.... but it would be interesting to have someone explain how this upgrade was an upgrade at all. There is no longer the color change to indicate new posts in a thread. Once you figure out which threads have new posts, it no longer tells you how many new posts there are. These things combine to make keeping up with conversations more difficult.

I guess the upgrade is, it tells us exactly how many minutes and seconds it has been since the last post. If you find that useful......

And now, we've lost the archives? I was reading Mrs Nop this morning, and thought I'd go back and check out her original thread, which had much insight for all of us.... tell me it's not gone!?

Anyway, I'm not complaining or anything... Just sayin, it doesn't seem like much of an upgrade.....

Paul
Posted By: chocolateeyes Re: Message Board Upgrade - 02/02/07 10:33 PM
I will be more frank: it blows.

I cannot even use my same login screen anymore, and have to come in "thru the back door." Harder to read, too.

BRING BACK DIVORCE-BUSTING CLASSIC!!!!

Sincerely,

Chocolateeyes
Posted By: sat567 Re: Message Board Upgrade - 02/05/07 06:07 PM
In hopes that the moderators actually read these threads, I'm bumping this one up.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE and SEE NO REDEEMING PURPOSE in the "newest members" box on the left. All it does is push the posts further right. So far to the right, I may add, that I sometimes have a scrollbar at the bottom of my browser, and must use that to read the right side of the posts.

Who cares who the newest members are? I would venture that of those members, 75 percent are lurkers. Of the remaining 25 percent, maybe 10 percent of them are interested in the SSM board, the majority focusing on the divorce busting boards.

The only time I'm interested in a new member is when they post here, and when they show that they are here to stay.

Hairdog
Posted By: honeypott Re: Message Board Upgrade - 02/05/07 09:34 PM
Jenny,
LOLOL.
I had exactly the same reaction!! I thought, Oh cool a fresh start.
I was reading Lillie's post and thought, Wow she's really upset...but couldn't seem to put myself in her place at all.

Vive la difference.

I have another type 7 question for you but will post on your thread if you don't mind...
Posted By: Lillieperl Re: Message Board Upgrade - 02/05/07 11:00 PM
Quote:
I was reading Lillie's post and thought, Wow she's really upset...but couldn't seem to put myself in her place at all.

And your point would be?
Posted By: honeypott Re: Message Board Upgrade - 02/05/07 11:35 PM
Lillie,
Simmer down.

My point was that this type of thinking is foreign to a type 7. That is why I followed that sentence with vive la difference.

HP
Posted By: sat567 Re: Message Board Upgrade - 02/06/07 12:24 AM
It looks like they got rid of the "newest members" box.

Somebody up there is listening.

Hairdog
Posted By: Lillieperl Re: Message Board Upgrade - 02/06/07 03:18 AM
I'd still like to know what happened to the old posts.

Also where is the "who's online" box?
Posted By: OG_Lou Re: Message Board Upgrade - 02/06/07 06:36 PM
Larger font size
I don't know if anyone posted "how to's" about this but I just changed the dpi from 96 to 120 dpi and the text is easier to read.

In Windows XP, click [Start] then [control panel] then Appearance and Themes] then [display] click on the [settings] tab, then the [Advanced] tab, then the [General] tab, and on that file card you will see 96DPI, 120DPI, and Custom DPI. Click on [120DPI] and then click [Apply] to lock in the setting, then [OK] and re-boot.

If you have the "classic view" set-up of the Windows XP, the sequence looks different but is the same. Click on [Start] then [Control Panel] then [Display]>Display Settings, then [settings]tab [Advanced]at the bottom [General]top the [DPI section] click on the 120DPI, then[Apply] [OK] and re-boot.
Posted By: InherJourney Re: Message Board Upgrade - 02/06/07 07:26 PM
Lou, my eyes thank you!
Posted By: Lillieperl Re: Message Board Upgrade - 02/06/07 09:29 PM
This will fix hairdog's problem, too, I think.
Posted By: OG_Lou Re: Message Board Upgrade - 02/06/07 09:35 PM
Now, someone tell me where the Avidar instructions are.

I went to my profile and inserted a web address but the picture didn't show up so far.

http://www.main.org/lsmafc/photos/30tudor-fredc2.jpg
Posted By: OG_Lou Re: Message Board Upgrade - 02/06/07 09:37 PM
Also where is the "who's online" box?
I thought you said who is getting any. Sorry, I will go back to sleep,
Posted By: Lillieperl Re: Message Board Upgrade - 02/08/07 03:50 PM
Just discovered another annoying feature of the new board. Can others confirm this? If I've got this wrong, tell me.

With the old board, when you were on the main index page and saw the different color that told you there were new posts in a thread, you clicked on that thread and you would be taking to the first new post FOR YOU. IOW you would be taken to the first new post since the last time you had that thread open.

With the new board, when you see the yellow folder that tells you there are new posts in a thread, you click on that thread and you will be taken to the LATEST POST in that thread, which may be many posts AFTER the last one you read the last time you had the thread open. So what you have to do is when you click into a thread with new posts and that thread opens, you need to scroll UP looking at the dates and times to find the newest one FOR YOU.
Posted By: sat567 Re: Message Board Upgrade - 02/08/07 03:57 PM
No, Lil. I get taken to the first unread post. Are you clicking on the thread's title?
Hairdog
Posted By: Lillieperl Re: Message Board Upgrade - 02/08/07 04:37 PM
Maybe not... I'll try again.
Posted By: Lillieperl Re: Message Board Upgrade - 02/09/07 01:51 AM
Now I am being taken to the first unread post. Hmmm... I guess I was doing something wrong, or else it healed itself.
© DivorceBusting.com