Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: Tia Fave Mantras - 06/21/18 03:47 PM
Hi all! I'm a former moderator on Michele's site, and been through a devastating D so long ago. I broke off an engagement yesterday to a fellow I've been seeing for 14 years. However, we remain friends. This man is named Eric. I am also friends with an amazing doctor who is ending his divorce. Do you have favorite mantras that you would like to share? Please chime in!!

Thanks in advance,

/Tia:)
Posted By: kml Re: Fave Mantras - 06/21/18 04:01 PM
Dang - a whole long Post disappeared.
Posted By: kml Re: Fave Mantras - 06/21/18 04:03 PM
Basically I said we need to know more about your situation, why you broke up, and the significance of this doctor friend. My mantra after my exH left was "let go or be dragged" but that doesn't seem to fit your situation.
Posted By: Tia Re: Fave Mantras - 06/21/18 09:22 PM
Posted By: Tia Re: Fave Mantras - 06/21/18 09:48 PM
Posted By: Cadet Re: Fave Mantras - 06/21/18 11:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Tia
Thanks Kml. Sorry you were deleted.

My ex-fiance doesnt keep his word. He will promise something, change his mind without consulting me.
I had enough! His dad is that way too. But my ex is an adult now, and Ive been kindly asking him to change. Right now Im seriously thinking of dating my doctor friend.weve been in contact for11 years. I think Im in love.

Doctor Michael resides in CA, and I in Hawaii. We went on two dates in 2001. However, I was still getting over the D. Bad timing. I was very attracted to him though. We were also compatible. This week weve been chatting on FB AND calling each other for support.
Hes at the final stage of his D.
His WAW cheated on him. Im looking for mantras that would be useful for us. Any suggestions? Anything welcomed!

Love,
Tia

Read the disappearing posts thread
Posted By: Cadet Re: Fave Mantras - 06/21/18 11:36 PM
Originally Posted By: kml
Hey Tia. Kinda hard to give you a mantra without knowing more of the story. Why did you break up with the boyfriend/fiance? Why was he your fiance after 14 years was one of you afraid to pull the trigger?

And what does your doctor friend have to do with this? Are you just trying to find a mantra for him too, or are you romantically attracted to him?

My mantra after my exH left was let go or be dragged but that doesnt seem to fit your situation.

KML restored
Posted By: doodler Re: Fave Mantras - 06/21/18 11:57 PM
Im looking for mantras that would be useful for us. Any suggestions? Anything welcomed!

Tia,

My favorite mantra comes from the Rastafarian-Buffett tradition, "why don't we get drunk and screw."
Posted By: Cadet Re: Fave Mantras - 06/22/18 12:14 AM
Im looking for mantras that would be useful for us. Any suggestions?
Anything welcomed!

You probably invented some of them! smile

Here is a list of all your threads still here, a lot IMHO, considering how many have been purged.

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=userposts&view=started&id=330

I will stick with

1) Believe NOTHING they SAY and half of what they DO.

2) TRUST the PROCESS.

and

3) PATIENCE.
Posted By: doodler Re: Fave Mantras - 06/22/18 01:04 AM

Cadet's mantra is "start a new thread." Is that annoying or what?
Posted By: Cadet Re: Fave Mantras - 06/22/18 01:06 AM
Originally Posted By: doodler
Cadet's mantra is "start a new thread." Is that annoying or what?

Well I could say - Sorry you feel that way! smile
Posted By: Vanilla Re: Fave Mantras - 06/22/18 01:20 AM
Scrambled eggs for brains
Once you know you can never unknow
Rainbow strength
I will not be abused
Open sore issue
Chocolate frog jumping to new lilypad
Scuzzy knicker drop
Open crotch thoughts
Skype dad

And

Wassock

V
Posted By: doodler Re: Fave Mantras - 06/22/18 01:22 AM
Originally Posted By: Cadet
Sorry you feel that way!

Really, it's not a problem. It's just that it reminds me of my XW. "doodler, how many times do I have to tell you to take out the garbage?" "doodler, don't pick your nose at the dinner table." "doodler, you need to start flushing the toilet when you're done." Ad nauseam...
Posted By: Vanilla Re: Fave Mantras - 06/22/18 01:24 AM
Intel
Fins
Snoop get poop
No skinny with doodler

V
Posted By: doodler Re: Fave Mantras - 06/22/18 01:32 AM
Originally Posted By: Vanilla
No skinny with doodler

Apparently.
Posted By: Vanilla Re: Fave Mantras - 06/22/18 01:38 AM
Thread parties
Mooooosing
Cheeeeeeese chased

V
Posted By: Vanilla Re: Fave Mantras - 06/22/18 01:43 AM
My faves from others

Going Alaskan from 25
The fermented oatmeal cure (rosalinda)
Start a new thread (cadet)

V
Posted By: Vanilla Re: Fave Mantras - 06/22/18 01:45 AM
The wrong pasta (Sunny)

V
Posted By: kml Re: Fave Mantras - 06/22/18 02:38 AM
Posted By: kml Re: Fave Mantras - 06/22/18 02:41 AM
Posted By: Cadet Re: Fave Mantras - 06/22/18 02:44 AM
Tia -
I don t have a mantra but do have some advice. You said you broke up with fiance because he was flaky and didn t keep his promises. Still, you didn t break up with him until Dr. Michael showed up.

Assuming your assessment of fiance is true and not just rewriting history in order to dump him WHY did you stay for 14 years with a guy who wasn't meeting your needs?

Seems to me you need to figure out what this was about before you can have a healthy relationship with Dr Michael (especially since there s a risk you might be his rebound?).

KML - restored
Posted By: Cadet Re: Fave Mantras - 06/22/18 02:47 AM
So for KML and Tia

The main culprit for you disappearing posts are

Contractions, quote marks and the word fiance with a special e at the end of it.

You are likely using a device that converts what you are writing to put in all this stuff and causes the posts to not appear.

The quick quote button show you the posts
Posted By: Tia Re: Fave Mantras - 06/22/18 09:24 AM
Thanks so much, Cadet!!!!!
Posted By: job Re: Fave Mantras - 06/22/18 10:11 AM
Tia,

Welcome back! It's been a long, long time and I remember you as a moderator and often wondered what happened to you.

Cadet,

Thank you for restoring postings on Tia's thread.
Posted By: Tia Re: Fave Mantras - 06/22/18 02:47 PM
Cadet, I stayed with him for 14 years since I loved him. No one is perfect, and I am very loyal. He changed a lot for me; however, he doesn't keep his word. I cannot live like that. But we remain friends. I even bought him lunch yesterday.

Hi job! Nice to be recognized! I hope you're having a grrreat weekend!

To be continued...
/Tia
Posted By: Tia Re: Fave Mantras - 06/22/18 02:50 PM
Cadet, you are on target. I don't like being alone. That's key. But the doc is in California.
Posted By: Tia Re: Fave Mantras - 06/22/18 03:07 PM
Right now I'm doing things independently. I am focusing on my health. I recently fractured my lower back and see an Acupuncturist, Physiatrist (joint/muscles), Physical Therapist. So I do daily exercises. I spend time with my parents, and I'm going back to school. I should also develop my faith, and memorize scriptures. My focus is my health, family and career. But God should be Number One. The men can chase after me...ha ha:):)

Aloha,

/Tia
Posted By: Cadet Re: Fave Mantras - 06/22/18 08:52 PM
Cadet, you are on target. I dont like being alone. Thats key. But the doc is in California.

I think that the credit should go to KML, I just restored her post.
Posted By: Tia Re: Fave Mantras - 06/23/18 01:09 AM
Posted By: Tia Re: Fave Mantras - 06/23/18 01:11 AM
Thanks to the moderators for restoring our posts. (Eye roll)
Posted By: Cadet Re: Fave Mantras - 06/23/18 01:15 AM
Thank you Kml.

It is real, folks! I m free! I m single! I posted on FB how optimistic I am.

We are returning the rings today. Beautiful rings. But just stuff.

Make a great day,
praying for all
Posted By: Vanilla Re: Fave Mantras - 06/25/18 06:22 AM
Yipppppppeeeeeeee

Free

V
© DivorceBusting.com