Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: kml Shocking statistic --who's your daddy? - 08/14/14 02:15 AM
So yeah, I know a couple of people who learned shocking things about family relationships as adults. One woman who discovered her biological father was a family friend, not the dad she knew. One guy who learned his aunt was really his sister.

But read an article today, apparently multiple scientific studies show that, on average, ten percent of people have a different father than the one they thought was their father.

Different groups vary from 1% to 30% !!!!!!

Any of you ever wondered? Makes me think of my best friend, a pale blue eyed blonde. Her sister has completely different facial features and coloring (although my friend looks just like her mom). Her dad had black hair and olive skin. I always thought it odd that she could be so fair with a dad like that......
Posted By: Cadet Re: Shocking statistic --who's your daddy? - 08/15/14 03:07 PM
I got tested by 23andme for $100.00, also my father, son and daughter, so all are confirmed, by science.

Interesting post.
Interesting...... Like the statistics on how many women and men cheat on their spouses, it could be supposed their would be a fair number of that.

How is life?
Posted By: kml Re: Shocking statistic --who's your daddy? - 09/03/14 01:50 PM
Life is good, Wendy! I'm still dating Tall Dark and Handsome, it's been about 16 mos and he still treats me like a princess. Still playing rock and roll, very busy at work, two of my kids are picking up the pieces to get back to college and finish their degrees. How about you, I think of you every time I see a SUP!
I am fine, I got a nice promotion at work. And my recent trip to Europe to take a Med Cruise was fun. I met a cool guy, but time will tell if it goes anywhere......

My granddaughter is learning the drums, and that makes me think of you!

My youngest is also going back to school.

Aloha!
Posted By: kml Re: Shocking statistic --who's your daddy? - 09/04/14 12:16 AM
Sounds great!

As for the cool guy - if he's not chasing you, don't waste too much time on him. You're a prize and you deserve a guy who thinks you are a PRIZE!
Posted By: kml Huntington's chorea story - 09/14/14 07:32 PM
I was listening to NPR last weekend, and they were doing a story about a physician who killed his father while he had his father on a pass from the nursing home where the father resided with early onset dementia. As soon as I heard that last part, I wondered if this would turn out to be a case of Huntingtons disease in father and son, and sure enough, that was eventually the diagnosis made years later.
Huntingtons is a dominant genetic disease, and strange behavior can precede the movement disorder and dementia. Woody Guthrie had this.
Anyway, in the radio story, they mentioned that at the time of the murder (not a mercy killing btw) the doctor son was going through or recently divorced.
They didn't dwell on this part, but it made me think about the wife. How bewildered she must have been as her previously kind and intelligent husband began to turn into an angry unpredictable person. And how did she feel years later on learning of his disease?
Huntingtons is rare... but I suspect the role of lesser brain diseases in divorce is vastly underestimated.
Posted By: oldtimer Re: Huntington's chorea story - 09/30/14 06:06 PM
Hey ellie,

What is it that you recommend for ADHD? I've been searching the posts but can't seem to find it again...

Cheers!
Posted By: kml Re: Huntington's chorea story - 10/01/14 03:06 AM
Phosphatidylserine. Pediatric dose studied was 100 mg twice a day, I've had good success with this dose in adults too although supposedly adults can go up to 200 mg twice a day. I have been using the Life Extension brand, you can order it online.
© DivorceBusting.com