Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: kat727 I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/12/10 12:46 PM
Do you guys remember when we used to get our threads locked up at maybe 200 posts? Self monitoring is Great!!!

Well I am hoping to shake off the craziness of the past 2 weeks while keeping the lessons learned...Sunscreen all the time! I noticed today how last week I slept so much and felt better and now just a couple of days back to work and I find myself worn out once again. Do you think being frustrated at work has something to do with it? I felt so appreciated when I started and now I feel as if there are days I can't do anything right. I really believe that you should find a job you love because if you are taking me away from home this much...I better love it. I haven't found it yet but I am looking.

kat
(((Kat)))

I think being frustrated with work is a lot of it -- I'm feeling it myself returning to work today (so much for a week's vacation, huh?). And finding enjoyment in your occupation is an ideal, of course, but then we still shouldn't allow it to distract us from the more important things in life (a word to the wise for workaholics, like myself).

I am glad you're on the mend now, and I hope the pain is easing for you.

Hugs and blessings.
Posted By: LauraOh Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/12/10 02:38 PM
Kat, I SOOO appreciate that in the midst of all you are dealing with you come to my thread and help ME out!! What a woman--I strive to be as unselfish as you!!

Please BE SELFISH and do something for yourself soon!!

((((Kat)))))
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/12/10 02:56 PM
I still have the GC for a spa visit that my parents gave me for my birthday. Even though I just got the stitches out, I want to let those strips come off before I mess with a facial. A message though is sounding awesome. The gal I used to go to is striking out on her own so once I get all this finacial stuff done I will be visiting her! smile

I am all for paying it forward. Everyone can use more good friends , right?

kat
Posted By: LauraOh Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/12/10 03:34 PM
I need to stop making friends because I will need several lifetimes to repay them for all their kindness!! I always am feeling "behind" with them!!lol.
A new thread? I gotta mark it with 'IR was here'.

You've been through a lot over the last couple of weeks, try to rest, get a massage, relax, ice-cream...spoil yourself silly smile
Posted By: soleil Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/12/10 03:41 PM
A spa day sounds so nice smile And yes, self-monitoring is awesome!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/12/10 03:51 PM
Did you guys not notice how long the old one was?? Wow. that would have been probably 3 threads by now if they came by and locked it up.

And well, I wanted a better vibe for a new thread. You all have been so supportive, so don't feel that I am trying to leave that behind. I am leaving the cancer behind, the surgery behind(even though I still get sharp pains) and for right now any hopes of ex getting what his actions have done to our kids.

Me, I have become a really strong cookie. You won't break me unless you dunk me in some milk. My kids though, not quite there yet. S15 and I went to the store on the 10th and it was a mad house. I hate being around crowds in tight places. I even commented on it to S15. So when he took his walk after his Dad showed up, he texted me that he wanted to go for a walk because he felt more crowded than at the store. Poor kid.

kat
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/12/10 08:56 PM
Don't forget tonight we are watching "Date Night" if anyone wants to join in. Starting at 7 EST, 6 CST. Then we meet up here and chat about it. Sorry that is sort of early for the west coasters...just take off early! smile smile Oh and don't forget the ice cream. whistle

kat
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/12/10 11:03 PM
Getting ready to start. Is anyone watching with us?
Posted By: sandycay Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/13/10 12:13 AM
I love that movie, my kids and I are always doing "jeremy" quotes... you'll understand after you watch the outtakes
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/13/10 01:19 AM
ok, but I'm going to count to 3!! lol
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/13/10 02:48 AM
I don't know what happened. I couldn't get a hold of Karen but I watched and then my aunt called so it was sort of a bust. Then my sweet 15 year old accidentally unplugged the computer and the phone as it goes through my modem. Sort of a normal night around here. lol

kat
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/13/10 10:12 PM
Are there days where nothing goes wrong? There has to be just as there are days where nothing goes right. For some reason my wonderful S18 doesn't realize that I can't solve physical problems over the phone. Sadly I really am not Wonder woman so I can't visual every situation he presents to me.

Seems the internet is out. The modem is trying to connect but for some reason it isn't. S18 is so wrapped up in telling me colored wires and their paths I can't even imagine what went wrong or where. All I know is I had internet this morning before I came to work and now I don't have it. Awww, the joy of knowing you are alive because something isn't working.

kat
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/14/10 02:12 PM
So great that the miners are all out but you could have knocked me over with a feather when they said about one of them that his wife of 28 years wasn't waiting for him but his mistress of 10 years was!! Like that should be on the news??!!!

Just saying. kat
Posted By: soleil Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/14/10 02:33 PM
I heard that on the news today, Kat. I ws like, well well well...
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/14/10 07:40 PM
Originally Posted By: kat727
So great that the miners are all out but you could have knocked me over with a feather when they said about one of them that his wife of 28 years wasn't waiting for him but his mistress of 10 years was!! Like that should be on the news??!!!

Just saying. kat

Well, that explains why his wife of 28 years wasn't waiting for him!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/14/10 07:56 PM
S15 and I just looked at each other and laughed. Neither one of us could believe that they would say this on the news. It seems that during the vigil there may have been a confrontation between the two women(ya think??). Don't know if this is when the wife found out or what. Really such a horrible thing to report.

Oh but here I am sharing, so I guess I am not much better but it just blew me away.

kat
Yes Kat, I agree, but also... did anypne see that David Arquette admitted that he had a fling with a waitress and "it made me feel manly". Plus she's given up on him in exasperation and is in an EA with a co-star.

Wow, such a cliche. So I guess its her fault that shes beautiful, loyal, loving, succesfull and rich and he just didnt feel man enough. Just like Michelle DB says.. a man doesnt have an affair becuase of how he feels about the other woman, he has an affair because of how she makes him feel. Which is why men often 'marry up' but 'affair down'.

There are so many examples on here of sitches like that.

Someone should post a copy of DB to the pair of them !! Poor Coco too.
Posted By: lea74 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/15/10 10:06 AM
Love that phrase:

Marry up but affair down!!!

When I am having a bad day and pity party for myself I will remember that.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/15/10 02:55 PM
I also remember him saying that she was tired of mothering him ie putting limits on him that he should have been able to put on himself. So then when they consider themselves "free"(though still married) he is out with someone for sex that probably wasn't putting any limits on him and he felt in charge. Sounds like he has some work to do on his end if he wants to stay married. Only have heard his side so can't offer anything up on her. Except maybe let your man grow up, if he comes back he is yours, if he doesn't he never was.

kat
Posted By: sandycay Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/15/10 03:52 PM
I can't believe he did that on a radio show. Just shows you how crazy these people can't get.

Hello!!!! Put a filter on yourself.

As for the miners.... I can say he didn't look all gaga in love with her when he came up....more uncomfortable I thought.

I think the wife .... dropped the rope!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/15/10 03:59 PM
I wonder how he would have reacted if his wife was on the end of the rope" pulling " him up. I always thought men liked to keep the mistress kind of hidden away, well this one isn't anymore!

kat
Posted By: soleil Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/15/10 04:04 PM
I thought it was totally tasteless and crass that he went on the radio and talked about such personal stuff. It's like a bigger slap in the face.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/15/10 04:10 PM
Admitting on the radio for the country to hear that you slept with someone else while you "are on a break"(pardon the friends humor)with your spouse is tacky and heartless. He could have side stepped the question all together or better yet never even done it in the first place!!

kat
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/18/10 03:35 PM
Spent the whole weekend basically sleeping and fighting a bad cough and fever. Yuck!! Still back at work today because someone has to be . smile

Busy week with arranging the car rental tonight, taking the car to the shop tomorrow, parent teacher conferences Wednesday and Thursday(22 teachers in 2 evenings!!) and possibly collapsing on Friday. I get tired just thinking about it. Oh and I get to pick up my car in there somewhere too. smile

kat
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/18/10 05:22 PM
The things I miss out on by not watching the news lol.

I don't blame the wife for not being there. Probably far healthier of her to say "you can have what's left of him" and stay out of the drama.

Hope you feel better soon. Take it easy on yourself. Maybe call in sick to a few things lol.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/19/10 02:01 PM
I only woke myself up a couple of times, so big improvement. I dashed around and got to the car place but they weren't open yet so I thought I would get the rental and then bring my car key back to the shop. The rental place shocks me because they know I am in a hurry this morning and they bring me the rental!(nice!!) So I dash in to give the shop my key, I have to stop by home because I forgot to take my cold meds(and I am feeling it) and then on to work. Not too bad.

The rental is a chevy cobalt. I had rented one before and liked it but I love my Honda. Soon my car will be back in tip top shape and then I can get back to taking care of normal day to day stuff. smile

kat
Sounds hectic! Your car will be in tip top shape and so will you soon smile
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/19/10 05:10 PM
Sounds hectic, but glad everything went pretty smoothly. (((kat)))
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/19/10 05:22 PM
And you guys wonder why I sound frazzled sometimes...lol Welcome to my life.

kat
Posted By: smith18 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/19/10 05:33 PM
You think you are frazzled now?...

less than 4 years...

COLONOSCOPY.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/19/10 05:44 PM
Thanks for that ticking reminder!! This must be why I keep you around...to keep me on my toes! lol

kat
Posted By: smith18 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/19/10 05:54 PM
I'm like that guy at the airport with the wands - I am just guiding you into your mid-century gate. Please keep your seat belt fastened.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/19/10 06:07 PM
Please don't rush these next 4 years. I am kind of looking forward to them. wink
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/19/10 06:13 PM
Wait till you meet the twins, Valium and Morphine...but then again, why wait! Go now, you know what the say "a change is as good as a vacation!"
Posted By: mishka422 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/19/10 07:18 PM
Whew...finally caught up! That's what I get for going away for a few days and getting myself entangled in craziness.

Glad you are on the mend from the cough and fever kat. That always stinks!

When do those steri-strips come off? If I could make a suggestion, schedule your facial for at least 2 weeks after that date. The area will probably remain tender and you wouldn't want anyone scrubbing on that.

FYI - The US news sensationalized the situation with the miner (gee...what a shocker). He and his wife have been separated for more than 15 years. In Chile it is virtually impossible to get a D so most people don't bother. He has been in a committed R with this woman since long after he and his wife separated. Telemundo told a much less stilted and titilating story.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/19/10 07:40 PM
They came off Sunday. The scar doesn't look too bad. Doesn't seem as menacing as it was with the stitches in it. Hopefully by November I can find some free time to just chill. Right now I am not messing with the area around the scar much. Just regular face washing.

kat
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/19/10 07:46 PM
Originally Posted By: mishka422
In Chile it is virtually impossible to get a D so most people don't bother. He has been in a committed R with this woman since long after he and his wife separated. Telemundo told a much less stilted and titilating story.

In the Phillipines divorce is illegal, you can't get one there either!
Posted By: soleil Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/19/10 07:55 PM
Kat, hope you are doing well. Nov. will be here before you know it!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/20/10 01:45 AM
It isn't even 9 and I am ready for bed! The kids keep asking me different stuff so I am still awake. Ugh

I just want to feel better.

kat
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/20/10 01:56 AM
Feel better, Kat! I had a DQ Pecan Mudslide tonight...if that helps. crazy
Posted By: Generosity Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/20/10 04:30 AM

Kat, I hope you're getting some much needed rest right now & feeling better soon! Rest will do much for you.

Sunny

PS)I bet it makes ya kinda miss those days of long overnights alone in the hotel smile
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/20/10 11:45 AM
LOL Right you are! Even the Ramada Inn in Philadelphia is sounding good about now. My poor kids get to put up with all of my coughing. I took cough medicine last night but coughed even more as it helped to loosen the gunk in my chest. I will be happy when this is gone.

I am going to try to meet with 14 teachers tonight. I will be armed with all the necessary precautions so that I won't make them sick. I also promise to keep the talking short, I have to hurry with 23 teachers to meet over two nights!

kat
Posted By: mishka422 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/20/10 09:31 PM
GOOD HEAVENS!!!
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/20/10 09:50 PM
Geez. Hang in there chica. The weekend is coming up fast. smile
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/21/10 02:06 PM
I only have eight teachers left to meet tonight. Knocked out a lot last night. D11 has all A's, S18 A's and B's and S15 is struggling. He just won't get that he can ask for help, they have tutors at school for the math. On top of that missing assignments...again. I help them all as much as I can, but I can't make him turn in the paper. I'm frustrated and yet I know all of this mess with ex has hit him the hardest.

I think it is time for a counselor to step in with me.

kat
Hope you're feeling better.

Good job to D11 and S18 on keeping their grades up. What about S18 helping S15 with the homework? But I do agree that if the D is affecting him then counseling is probably needed at this point.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/21/10 04:05 PM
S18 tries to help him but he kind of has a dictorial style about his teaching. So resentment builds instead of understanding. I know another one of S18's friends is really good with math. Maybe he can offer some guidance.

I am tired and I am tired of coughing.

kat
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/21/10 04:10 PM
Glad S18 and D11 are doing so good. Sorry S15 is struggling. He'll get there. Sounds like sending him to the tutoring or getting S18's friend to help might be good. If you guys lived closer I'd send my dad over. smile But alas...you're on your own. wink
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/21/10 04:24 PM
I think it is also an issue of getting him motivated. He isn't really into school and isn't a self directed kid in that area, but he can really be focused and accomplish a lot in other things. I want him to do well for himself and yes I suppose I feel as if I am failing him if he doesn't do well.

Michelle just send your Dad over on a plane and I will promise to get him home in time for Thanksgiving!

kat
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/21/10 05:00 PM
Don't bother. I'll be visiting my sister with my mom for Thanksgiving. You can keep him for a while! grin
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/21/10 07:02 PM
LOL!! So just to make today even more hectic my car is done which means I need to run downtown first get my keys, drop off the rental, have them take me to get my car, oh forgot, get a bit of gas in their car, anywho, get my car and dash over to the High School for more reports on S15 before I head off to the grade school for D10's rave reviews!

Did I mention I am tired?!

kat
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/21/10 07:34 PM
Wow! That was some fast work on your car. Hectic as that makes the day, it'll be so nice to have your car back I'm sure!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/21/10 07:38 PM
Yes, I love my Honda. Only car ever picked out just for me. I would have liked red or blue but my Smokey Gray is suiting me just fine now. smile

kat
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/21/10 07:41 PM
Just a quick side note: I just saw that Pottery Barn has Cardinal duvet covers!! I have always taken them as a "sign" of sorts since my Grandma passed away. I saw several everytime I had to go to the courthouse for the D and even when I went to see my C, I would see them. Now it is just a rare occassion or when I have prayed for a sign, do I seem to see them.

kat
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/21/10 07:49 PM
Just a quick side note: I just saw that Pottery Barn has Cardinal duvet covers!! I have always taken them as a "sign" of sorts since my Grandma passed away. I saw several everytime I had to go to the courthouse for the D and even when I went to see my C, I would see them. Now it is just a rare occassion or when I have prayed for a sign, do I seem to see them.

kat

I'd wait for the Cardinal toilet seat cover set, just to be absolutely sure!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/21/10 08:01 PM
I'll make sure to pick you up a set when I find those! shocked

kat
Hondas rule! smile

Wii you funny! grin
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/21/10 09:26 PM
LOL
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/22/10 02:10 PM
I'll make sure to pick you up a set when I find those! shocked

kat

On Ebay they have the Geisha toilet cover set, I'd settle for that!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/22/10 02:22 PM
So Super Mom didn't quite get to every teacher. I gave it my best shot though and was there until they closed down the school both nights.

S15 is doing a whole lot better than I thought. A's and B's except for the two classes that I went into on Wednesday. I did run into one of S15's closest friends last night and he said he would be happy to help him with Algebra. So we will see if this works.

I have my Honda back!! She looks just like new again. smile It is also Friday and I am so excited about that, I can barely hold it in. Is it 5 pm yet??

kat
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/22/10 02:23 PM
LOL Keep it up and I might surprise you. wink

kat
Posted By: soleil Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/22/10 02:46 PM
Congrats on getting you car back. TGIF and hell yes for 5 o'clock! Get here fast, 5 o'clock!
Now that you have your Honda back time for a roadtrip!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/22/10 04:02 PM
ok, but I have to get some major sleep first! I am exhausted!

kat

ps. Where should I be going?
Sleep- that's what you're supposed to do at work.

Go anywhere but Can'tsus! oh too late grin
Posted By: soleil Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/22/10 04:14 PM
Originally Posted By: ImprovedRomeo
Sleep- that's what you're supposed to do at work.

Go anywhere but Can'tsus! oh too late grin

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with George Constanza sleeping under his desk!

Can'tsus --mark it off the list! Go somewhere NEW!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/22/10 05:02 PM
If I wasn't right out front...lol Kansas is nice, I think. I also grew up in LA so I have a soft spot in my heart for Southern Cal. I think Virginia is absolutely beautiful and sometimes I have a hankerin' to go to Tennessee.

kat
Posted By: BobbiJo Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/22/10 05:11 PM
I vote SoCal DB meetup!! smile
Pick me up on the way!
Posted By: smith18 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/22/10 05:30 PM
If ya all are going to meet on Sat Oct 30, might I recommend... Ducks vs Trojans - 5 pm Pacific Time at "The Coliseum". Should be a dandy game!

I cant make it as I have a Webelos/Boy Scout camping trip followed by door to door candy begging.

Go Ducks!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/22/10 05:31 PM
Nothing like short notice!! I will be handing out the candy next weekend. It is my favorite holiday after all. smile

kat
We haven't even sent out the invitation yet and you guys are dropping out already? where's the love?

If we were to to have a DB get together when and where would y'all want it to happen? I would suggest some place central and near the beach. Maybe we could rent one of those beach cottages?

All the ladies will be provided free bikinis- that is if I'm in charge which is a very bad idea and highly unlikely grin
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/23/10 02:12 AM
How about seeing how many of us we can jam into a divorce court washroom. We'll go for the Guiness World Book of records! Afterwards, we can tear off our clothes and run naked back to our chartered DB bus where we'll start singing this song as we drive into the sunset:

Hello, world, hear the song that we're singin'
C'mon get happy!
A whole lot of lovin' is what we'll be bringin'
We'll make you happy!

We had a dream, we'd go travelin' together,
We'd spread a little lovin' then we'd keep movin' on.
Somethin' always happens whenever we're together
We get a happy feelin' when we're singing a song.

Trav'lin' along there's a song that we're singin'
C'mon get happy!
A Whole lot of lovin' is what we'll be bringin'
We'll make you happy!
We'll make you happy!
We'll make you happy!

Where do we sign up, IR?
someone take away wii's morphine, please....

wink
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/23/10 02:45 AM
Hey, that's the Cupcake Sweeties and black licorice talkin', don't malign the morphine!
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/23/10 02:48 AM
Donna, do you wanna be Mrs. Partridge? You're a teacher, you can get us a school bus! Hey, and aren't you an art teacher too? You can help us paint it. What an amazing trip this is gonna be be!!! IR can be Mr. Kincaide.
I'll be mom only if it is a totally dysfunctional family and I can be overly-affectionate with David Cassidy behind the scenes....ok, that is just wrong wink

But I'd love to paint a bus!
Posted By: mishka422 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/24/10 02:40 AM
I'll opt out of the bikini wardrobe! Trust me.....NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THAT!!!!!
Get back on that Wii, Mish!
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/24/10 03:08 AM
Originally Posted By: Virtually_Handsome
Get back on that Wii, Mish!

Um, I assume you're talking about the Nintendo Wii and not the me Wii, right? I'm kind of in a committed R with myself at the moment and wouldn't want to screw that up... otherwise I'd be on you Mish like a Green Bay Packer on a loose ball grin
Whichever. smile
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/24/10 02:56 PM
LOL! Whatever has been happening on my thread?? You guys are having way too much fun. smile

kat
Posted By: mishka422 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/24/10 04:34 PM
LOL!!!!! You guys rock!

Jeff, I do the Wii as much as possible but my foot is still horribly painful. I have been wearing that night splint for about a month now. It seemed to be getting a little better but since the trip to DC it has flared back up and hurts like crazy!

Wii - You da man! Like a Packer on a loose football!!! BBWWWAAAAHHAAHAAA!

BTW - Go Packers! Beat those stupid Vikings tonight!!!
wii- I really have to think about inviting you to the party. The last thing I want to see is men in Speedos. I know how you Canadians love to sport those things the minute you see the water.

mish- we can find one of those special beaches where bikinis are optional smile but I just had a vision of wii being there too- god no! grin
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/25/10 04:55 PM
Last time we talked about the Speedos the lights went out...just not wanting to picture a bunch of guys in those! lol I am saving for S18's graduation trip to Europe so not sure I will have the time available(or money) for a get together, unless you guys all want to come to me in lovely Kansas. smile

kat
Posted By: mishka422 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/25/10 07:41 PM
Heck, Kansas is right in the middle so it would be even ground!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/25/10 08:18 PM
That what I say!!

My ex is back from his honeymoon and drilling me for info on the parent teacher conferences. Idiot! Then he wants to add 2 additional times to seeing the kids this week. He wants the girls to go to his step-daughter's birthday tomorow and I said, "You realize they don't like her. I don't see any reason to make them go". Maybe that was wrong of me, but he already made them go to the wedding.

Then he is throwing out these other dates to do this and that and I am like Whoa, dude. the kids have lots of homework and S18 get's together with a couple of friends to study. Check with them first. He has now messed up my plans for tomorrow. frown

kat
Posted By: mishka422 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/25/10 08:29 PM
Why should he be able to mess up your plans? He has to give you advance notice doesn't he?

What are your plans tomorrow?
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/25/10 08:35 PM
For Some reason he got it in his head that 24 hours advance notice was enough! I laid into him about that, in a nice calm way of course. He thinks the girls like each other but I can tell you on my girls end, there is no love lost. I did a quick check with D11 to see if she wanted to go and she said NO Way!! So I guess now he is just going to take them tomorrow as planned but is telling me to pick up the girls on Sunday night in his town. Whatever!

kat
Ostrich-people....

Anyway, wanted to say thank you again for your "warning" about getting to the dermatologist - I went today and had two biopsies taken. It will take 2 weeks.
I also seem to have gotten a fungal thing on one little toenail from a past pedicure - its not just the tools that you have to be sure are sterilized, but that they run the tubs THROUGH with bleach (old water stays in the pipes and infects the next person). Yuck.
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/25/10 09:18 PM
You guys have too much fun over here!

Kat - sorry ex is being a pain. Good for you about putting your foot down and speaking up. 24 hrs is no notice at all during the school year and with you working.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/25/10 09:29 PM
He is just still so delusional. Thinks everything needs to fall into place based on what he wants.

Donna, I hope everything turns out ok. Did they say what they thought it might be? I know with mine I kept thinking if they are pretty sure they know what it is, why don't they just take it out? Ex actually had a point, since he has worked with insurance for a while. He said if they didn't do the biopsy to confirm it was cancer, the insurance company could come back and say I had the "spot" removed for cosmetic reasons.

Me and my Avenno SPF30 are getting along pretty well thanks.

kat
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/27/10 11:00 PM
So I spent the day at a regional meeting. Actually it was a lot of fun. We had to do the dreaded stand up and talk about yourself and then the threw a twist in...say something we don't know about you. Kind of old here but I mentioned the cancer as a heads up to them. It was good because a couple people asked some questions and then came up and talked to me later. Me and my soap box! lol

kat
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/27/10 11:19 PM
Never hurts to raise awareness! smile

Aveeno is great stuff. It's one of the best rated products for lowest rates of carcinogenic ingredients, ingredients like heavy perfumes that can cause allergies, etc. I am in love with their basic lotion.
Posted By: mishka422 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/28/10 01:16 PM
LOVE Aveeno moisturizer. It is the best I've ever used.

Definitely good to share your experience with others. If it convinces one person to have something checked then you could have saved a life!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/28/10 03:42 PM
I am having to work on my self-appraisal for work. Haven't I done enough reflection to last a few years??!! lol Then the fact that it covers a whole year but what you have done recently sticks out. Sadly, I have been a bit burned out. Ugghhh

kat
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/28/10 08:57 PM
I hate self-appraisals. Or writing resumes. Or anything that requires me to try and make myself sound good. I mean, I know I am good at some things, and that I have good qualities, but it just irks me to try and promote myself like that.

Don't be too hard on yourself. You have had a ton of stuff going on. I am sure there is plenty of good stuff to write about nonetheless!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/28/10 09:14 PM
Oh, I saw one thing on the list(in almost every catagory) that maybe I didn't do so well and mentioned that. I try to be honest and not just blow my horn. Sometimes I wish I had a pair of rose colored glasses that I could look at me with! lol I tend to be fairly critical of myself. Either way it financially will be better than last year as there was a wage freeze, but now it has been lifted. Yippee!!

Now if I could just be super critical about my house. Somethings I have just let go. Tired of constant battles over the tiniest things. I just need to get the house in shape so we can then all work on the status quo. smile

kat
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/28/10 10:28 PM
Haha. I know the feeling about the house!

Yay for the wage freeze lifting.

It's definitely good to be aware of what we need to work on. But being overly-critical doesn't help. smile Cut yourself some slack!

Just get it done, so you can have more time to clean the house. wink grin
Posted By: BobbiJo Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/29/10 02:30 AM
Hey lady! Teachers don't really do self reviews...we get observed and evaluated by our administrators. But it is kind of like that interview question where they want to know your one flaw or thing to improve...hard to know how to handle that one!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/29/10 06:25 PM
Maybe I should be a teacher...

Today started off so funny. I had gotten our car tags while my car was getting worked on , so I put mine aside until after I got my car back(this year it is just a sticker along with the registration). I end forgetting about putting it on my car until this morning. I go to get it and it isn't where I put it! Looked all over and even was on the phone with the county when I came across it in S18's room. He had written his schedule on the back of it!

Ok so maybe that was more chaos then funny. Last night I checked in with my friend, J (old boyfriend). He finally broke down and got on Match. Said it was time for him to be more proactive. Told me to look up his profile. Kids were using the computer so I figured I would check it out tonight. This morning though I get my new matches(I am not currently paying) and there he is...J!!! He matches me at 90%! This is just too funny! Believe me, we are better off as friends. He gets kind of negative and drinks too much for my tastes. A real hoot though. smile

kat
Or as a FWB? wink

If my old gf shows up single it'll be trouble in Romeo's world- we'll behave but only on the surface smile
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/29/10 09:44 PM
Not sure that we were FWB but been there done that. Don't know that I want to revisit that territory. Really I want it to mean something. I don't know that I like the idea of sex just for the sake of sex, though I am coming up on 3 years.

kat
Kat - you sound good. Hope your review goes well - you are amazing, so don't forget to put that in, too!

They didn't say what the 2 spots were that they biopsied - just that they looked like they could be "something." Well, duh, we all know what "something" can be, right? I'm just putting it out of my head for right now.

How are you healing up? Be careful with drying in this change of seasons...
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/30/10 03:49 AM
I use my Aveeno spf30 everyday, make up or no. Funny I am looking a tad younger to me anyhow. smile. Can't hurt since I don't look my age anyway. I stll have a bit of pain now and then but they said that would happen. My aunt said that it would take about 6 months before I would have a good idea what my scar would look like. I am pretty lucky since it is close to my harline near my ear.

I've been thinking about you so please let me know what you find out. Big hugs!
Kat
Posted By: Say Lavee Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 10/30/10 02:54 PM
hey kat..
90% match.. that's pretty good, but as you point out there are other factors that come into play in real life that are not obvious on the profile.

FWB.. I have a girlfriend here advocating that.. bu I'm with you, I'm not sure I could do it either.

Happy weekend
SL
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/01/10 03:19 PM
J sent me a wink. I sent one back. then he sent me a text thanking me so that he didn't feel ignored on Match and that some people do respond. I told my Mom about it and she jsut said to keep my options open. LOL

I am now taking two kittens from my Mom instead of one. I figure they might be like kids, how much more trouble can two be(probably my famous last words!).

kat
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/01/10 04:26 PM
I'd ask what FWB is but I probably don't want to know! smile
Posted By: soleil Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/01/10 04:28 PM
It means "friends with benefits"
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/01/10 04:37 PM
OK, so then people want to date other people who have a Health Benefits Plan. And I was thinking it was the F _ _ _ Buddy thing. I'm so relieved!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/01/10 04:43 PM
ROFLMAO!! You are just too funny! You got me laughing so hard, I am now coughing. You are right, I should date someone who can afford their own health plan. Sex is just superfluous. smile

kat
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/01/10 05:09 PM
ROFLMAO!! You are just too funny! You got me laughing so hard, I am now coughing. You are right, I should date someone who can afford their own health plan. Sex is just superfluous. smile

kat

You mean it really is the F _ _ _ Buddy thing!!!!! OMG.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/01/10 05:14 PM
Don't worry, I don't have one. FWB that is. I did really think about it but I don't think I want that. I have always wanted it to mean something. I don't see that changing now.

kat
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/01/10 05:44 PM
Hey, didn't a FWB used to be a blow up doll...at least for guys! I guess the fear of toxic plastic from China outdid the fear of STD's...and what this has to do with you, Kat is beyond me but I just felt it needed to be said...and better on your thread than mine!!!! grin
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/01/10 05:52 PM
ROTFLMAO
Posted By: mishka422 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/01/10 06:36 PM
ROFLMAO!!! You are on quite a roll WII!!!!
Kat, did you forget the whole thread about meaningful relationships vs non-meaningful realationships? The conclusion was we must all act like the animals we are...lots of people thought the word 'meaningful' is silly.

Wii, it is in fact people that only want to date others that have health benefit plans. There're other groups like that too like if you are intersed in starting out as friends and later on taking it to the next level you should post as SWF, stands for Start With Friendship. A good tag line you might want to try 'SWF in Canada looking for FWB'. And if a guy responds it's ok, women usually disguise as men at first. Wii, all this modern dating stuff we have to teach you.
Posted By: TimeHeals Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/01/10 09:16 PM
Quote:
good tag line you might want to try 'SWF in Canada looking for FWB'. And if a guy responds it's ok, women usually disguise as men at first. Wii, all this modern dating stuff we have to teach you.

We have starkly different ideas of 'OK'.
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/02/10 01:49 AM
Kat, did you forget the whole thread about meaningful relationships vs non-meaningful realationships? The conclusion was we must all act like the animals we are...lots of people thought the word 'meaningful' is silly.

Wii, it is in fact people that only want to date others that have health benefit plans. There're other groups like that too like if you are intersed in starting out as friends and later on taking it to the next level you should post as SWF, stands for Start With Friendship. A good tag line you might want to try 'SWF in Canada looking for FWB'. And if a guy responds it's ok, women usually disguise as men at first. Wii, all this modern dating stuff we have to teach you.

Romeo, you're one sick puppy...I think that's why we get along so well!!! grin
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/02/10 11:38 AM
Yes, you two are so lucky to have found each other!! Do you both have life insurance?

kat
Who me? sick? you must be mistaken grin

Kat, of course, I have life insurance- STBXW took one out on me just recently for several million- isn't she caring? And good thing she did because lately I'm dodging bullets and weirdos in ninja masks.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/02/10 04:42 PM
Or maybe I should have just asked if you both have benefits. LOL If you want to ask me if I am sick, well yes thank you. I still am. smile

kat
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/03/10 03:28 PM
So my S18 survived his first election. It didn't quite turn out as I had hoped but when life gives you lemons you can either make lemonaide or complain about it. I will probably do a tad bit of both. lol

I have never really been one to shout my political beliefs(or religious ones either) as I really believe that everyone is entitled to think the way they want. I am an Independent. I usually vote for the person and not the party but I have to say with the turn of events in my home state, I could use a healthy dose of blue right now.

kat
Posted By: mishka422 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/03/10 03:56 PM
LOL! A dose of blue? I guess your state went to the extreme and voted all the dems they could out? GA did too. I'm ok with that though....they were not looking out for their constituents. I hate it though when you have to vote for the lesser of two evils. Trust me, I didn't like either of the men running in our governor's race. We'll see what happens......

I've been out of the loop for a few days so I don't recall you saying how your favorite holiday went. How was is?
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/03/10 04:08 PM
We went out to my parents for a bit as they hadn't seen S18 for a while and he hadn't gotten to see the kittens. they had all but one spoken for and it was the one that S15 really liked so I said fine I will take them both. Everyone was super excited!!

Anyway went back home and ex came to pick up the girls. After a couple of hours I had to go to his town to get them. then I thought I would be nice and take them by his parents since they hadn't seen them. There was construction everywhere, but I prevailed and got them there. His parents really apprecaited it.

Then we came home and went to a few houses around us. We got all of 10 kids stopping by and our neighbors said the same thing. All in all not bad but I didn't decorate as it had been really windy and threatening to rain.

My parents just told me Monday that the lady that was going to take the 3rd kitten backed out so now they are stuck with one. They aren't too keen in returning it to the outside cats as they aren't sure if he will be accepted. I am not crazy enough to take 3!!

kat
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/03/10 05:56 PM
Sounds like fun times for all.

I can't take the other kitten as I'm allergic, so you guys have fun with that. wink

I vaguely remember voting in my first election. A cool experience. Must be why I'm permanently an absentee voter lol.

It never does work out entirely the way we hope I suppose. But we did our part. smile
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/03/10 09:57 PM
I am now the official owner of 2 kittens, 2 ferrets and 4 kids. smile smile I must be crazy. The girls have it all figured out though...now they each have a pet to take when they move out. lol As if that is going to happen anytime soon.

kat
So the only animal you're missing now is a man- you're a smart woman kat grin
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/03/10 10:28 PM
Too funny about your girls.

Romeo - LOL
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/04/10 08:10 PM
Yes!! Is there a place to order those?? LOL

kat
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/04/10 09:02 PM
Preferably one with a good return policy! Full money back guarantee! Training included!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/04/10 09:31 PM
ROTFLMAO!! Needed that!
Make sure you get one from a reputable breeder, or even a rescue organization - no man-mills!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/05/10 04:25 PM
I better make sure he comes with papers too! (and there could be all kinds of those. lol) I wonder if they will throw in all of his shots too? I want a healthy one, you know. smile

kat
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/05/10 04:32 PM
ROTFLMAO
Snatch him up if he comes fixed!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/05/10 05:37 PM
Should I check that out in his papers or do I need to do a visual check? wink

kat
sorry guys...we are so bad wink
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/05/10 05:40 PM
But having sooooo much fun! LOL

kat
Posted By: desert_rat Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/05/10 06:31 PM
Very bad. For shame.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/05/10 10:04 PM
A girl has to do what she has to do! Good to see you. smile

kat
Posted By: desert_rat Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/05/10 10:08 PM
It's good to be here! Addicting, you know!
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/05/10 10:23 PM
YAY!

I'm not sure if that's checking to see if he's fixed or for seeing Jeff.....wink
Posted By: desert_rat Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/05/10 10:41 PM
Well, the desert_rat is fixed, if that's relevant! smile
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/05/10 11:16 PM
Lol!! Just make sure your papers are all in order! smile

kat
Posted By: desert_rat Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/05/10 11:22 PM
Hmmmm, I don't think it's documented anywhere! I never thought about that at the time!
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/05/10 11:35 PM
Better get that paperwork in with your vaccination records! wink I'm sure your insurance company / doctor has it. grin
Posted By: desert_rat Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/05/10 11:38 PM
smile
Actually probably not! It's probably in the UK's NHS records somewhere, but I don't know that I have a shred of paper!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/05/10 11:40 PM
Really because otherwise you will have to "show" your proof! Ha, Ha

kat
It's not like you could check for a scar, the incision is so small....wow, never thought of that.
Posted By: desert_rat Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/06/10 01:48 AM
I guess if someone wants to looks for the scars they could try!

At the time I wasn't thinking that I would ever need to prove it to anyone!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/07/10 10:50 PM
Off of the fun for a bit. I have bronchitis and have been sleeping practically the whole weekend. The two kittens have been sleeping with me on the couch by their choice. smile. They may be relieving some of my stress.

Back to sleep. Kat
Posted By: mishka422 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/08/10 02:46 AM
So sorry you are so sick kat. frown At least you have kitties for comfort. I think animals are much better company than people when you're sick. smile
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/08/10 03:19 AM
I just thought I was over it when he came back and knocked me out. I don't think I was awake for more than 3 hours yesterday. I hope the 2 perscriptions help cause I am really tired of my coughing/gagging spells.

I think the kittens see me as a "mom" because I try to stay in the livingroom with them when I am home. The kids are elsewhere doing their thing. I know they will grow up soon and maybe the cats will forget me. frown

kat
Feel better Kat!

The cats won't forget you but they're not like dogs either- which is a good thing IMO. They're just a bit more independant.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/08/10 12:53 PM
Boy was I not feeling too good when I wrote that! Feel a bit better this morning. The kittens have been a nice surprise to me. I really am a dog person but I love lap cats. I am also glad I said yes to two. They rough house with each other and I am constantly reminding the kids that they are not the cats toy. They can play with the kittens using a toy but they aren't supposed to be teaching them to nibble and scratch at them!!

Yes cats get more independent which is fine but come curl up with me now and then. Don't ignore me completely. smile

So my goals over the next two weeks while still trying to feel better: celebrate D11/12's birthday, work a bit on the house each day so I won't have a mad rush of cleaning right before Thanksgiving, go see Harry Potter and get well. smile

kat
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/08/10 05:09 PM
Those sound like very good goals.

Sorry you are feeling sick again. Glad you got plenty of rest though!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/08/10 06:54 PM
The meds seem to be helping as I haven't had a gaggy cough yet(knock on wood)today. so little hitch in weekend plans as S18 has his Sr pics being done Saturday and silly me didn't put 2 and 2 together that it was the same day I was wanting to celebrate d11/12's birthday. I will have to wait and see what his schedule is and go from there.

Setting up a major goal for myself: a life makeover. I have done a bunch of emotional work and I really need to get the rest of me in better shape. Finances are actually pretty good. I have been doing well rebuilding my history with the car and house and a VS(Victoria's Secret) card. I did apply for a credit card to just help rebuild my credit a bit faster and don't plan on having any carry over charges and it might come in handy if a minor emergency strikes(but I really don't see why they won't accept my VS card for that!!)I got approved for that.

My car is all back to good. I also had someone careless let their grocery cart ding my car a few monthes back and I got that taken care of.

I have S18 settled on atending the local college for a couple years until he gets his feet under him at least and can maybe get a better car. He has already been awarded a couple 1000 a year renewable scholarships from them and he has a few more he wants to try and get. This is the college I went to and it is only 9 blocks away so not a huge strain on his car for now. He may transfer to KU after that but we will have to wait and see. His Dad isn't thrilled as I think he was hoping that S18 would decide to live with them next year since the college is in Lawrence. I have told you he is delusiona;!!

kat
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/08/10 09:22 PM
I hate the edit button not working!!
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/08/10 10:26 PM
I do too!

Glad your credit history is picking up. smile That's always nice to have a card for backup, although yeah, the interest and stuff is really almost never worth it.

Too funny about S18.
Posted By: Generosity Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/09/10 12:22 AM

Get well wishes, Kat!

I also got 2 kittens the last time & wasn't sorry I did.

In retrospect, course my case is a little different, Ha, a JC would have been a better choice for my S18.

"(but I really don't see why they won't accept my VS card for that!!)" smile

Sunny
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/09/10 03:12 AM
I hate the edit button not working!!

It's working fine, we're just too slow! grin
Feel better soon. smile
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/09/10 09:57 PM
D11 is home sick and I came home to be with her. Probably good since I coughed a bunch last night. The more rest the better.

kat
Posted By: BobbiJo Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/09/10 10:03 PM
Rest, take care of you and your D. Hugs.
^ word!

grin
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/09/10 11:03 PM
Both of you get better soon!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/10/10 03:35 PM
Both of us are feeling better today. Actually had a fairly coughless sleep which is wonderful!

Last night S18 was honored at a ceremony for the top 10% of the Senior class in the state!! I am really proud of him. I know I was in the top 10% of my school but the state of course is even a bigger deal. Yes, I am a proud Mom. I just love my kids. smile

kat
Posted By: soleil Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/10/10 04:33 PM
Glad to hear you are feeling better, Kat. That is very great news about your S. Congrats!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/10/10 05:02 PM
One thing that I thought was kind of funny about last night, we were standing around talking at the reception and I asked ex if he could get me some tea. He was right by the table and I had several people to wade through. He didn't hesitate, just did it. Kind of like nothing has really changed. It is good that we can talk about the kids, even though he is still delusional.

My parents came last night and while they didn't talk to ex, they didn't allow his being there to keep them away. So some small positives there.

kat
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/10/10 05:48 PM
All very good positives!!!!!

(((Kat)))

Glad you are feeling better slowly but surely smile
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/11/10 01:08 AM
It is funny sometimes, isn't it. When you're together in social setting you just fall into the old natural patterns. Nothing wrong with that! Getting along with the ex is a good thing.
Hey, congrats on your son, that's amazing. I'm sure having a great mom had something to do with his success!
Is your ex seeing anyone? I forget.

Glad you're feeling better kat and congrats on your son's accomplishment- definitely a proud moment for a parent!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/11/10 12:33 PM
Yes, My ex married his affair partner a month ago.

I wish I could say that I knew kids inherited intelligence but I know that isn't the case. I will say that I have worked with them all and have encouraged them to reach for their full potential. Reach for the stars...it is the only way to go!

kat
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/12/10 03:11 AM
Hey Kat, I thought you were gonna lick my cone? Well, it's too late now, I had to put it away. No ice cream this close to bed time! Maybe tomorrow night. smile
Kat, when you said you asked him for a tea it threw me there for a sec. Of course, I remember the whole thing about his wedding...doh!

Wii you need to be match.com- I think it's time, I'm just sayin'.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/12/10 04:06 AM
My computer went kaput. I am getting it checked out now and hopefully I won't need to buy a new one. Sorry, I was looking forward to ice cream. frown

kat
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/12/10 01:33 PM
Wii you need to be match.com- I think it's time, I'm just sayin'.

You mean what I wrote was disgusting enough that I could post on Match.com! I'm truly honoured. I even left out the part about my savoury nuts, should I have used that too? Teach me, I need to know these things. I wanna be the best pervert I can be! Kat is counting on me. grin
Hope your computer heals itself soon Kat. smile
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/12/10 02:58 PM
That's right...no second rate perverts allowed. Only first class all the way!! lol The Geek Squad has my computer. Hope they can make it feel all better. Thank goodness for my iPod. I can still check stuff and get on here. smile

kat
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/12/10 03:07 PM
Kat, I should send you pictures of my "package" (isn't that what every good perv offers a lady?). I have before Viagra and after Viagra shots... but unfortunately they both look the same. Maybe I shouldn't buy over the internet anymore.
Ya know, I feel so free now that my inner perv has been released!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/12/10 03:21 PM
LOL. So glad that you now feel so free. You can go back to your regular self now. smile

kat
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/12/10 04:26 PM
So then, you don't want to purchase the complete photo package? 1- 8X10 2- 5X7's and 8 wallet size? How about a calender?...Ok, every good perv knows when it's time to pack it in!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/12/10 05:09 PM
I am just not sure where those photos would be "shown". I mean somehow amongst the family pictures just doesn't seem right. I would have to think of some way to make that into bedroom wall art! Then of course ban the kids from my room. Ha, Ha

kat
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/12/10 06:18 PM
ROTFLMAO

What a way to start a Friday grin
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/13/10 12:45 AM
FYI I'm all out of posters, but they should be in stock again shortly just post and ask for the "balls of fame" poster, I'll know what you want! Also please indicate whether you prefer the Portrait or Landscape version. Shipping is free and there's no charge for the handling either !!!
Wii if your's can fit on the 5x7 or wallet sized photos you should try those enhancement pills. Size was one reason I could never send pics of mine...it just won't fit on anything not measured in yards grin
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/13/10 07:00 PM
I guess that makes you the biggest dick on the BB, Romeo! grin
Btw Kat, thanks for giving me that cough! Are you feeling better?
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/13/10 11:04 PM
Finally! Those perscriptions have been paying off. I still have the cough but I am not gagging which is great. Went skating with the kids for d11/12's birthday. I fell twice, the second time I hit my head. I think my kids had a good time which is what really matters. smile

kat
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/13/10 11:34 PM
Went skating with the kids for d11/12's birthday. I fell twice, the second time I hit my head. smile

kat

Are you gonna put ice on it? grin
I'm on day 2 of anti-biotics, still feel like crap. I'd fought it all week and thought I was winning until Friday afternoon when the bug got me in a headlock and pounded me good!
Glad you had a fun day with the kids. Have some cake and ice cream for me. smile
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/15/10 03:28 PM
I am still a bit sore from my fall, but hey, what are you gonna do?!

Today is D12's birthday. It seems as if we have been celebrating it for two weeks since the kittens arrived. smile I think she has been having fun though and that is what matters. It is so nice to have her share so many things with me. I don't know what I did to be so lucky but I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth!

Happy Birthday Megan! smile
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/15/10 06:09 PM
Happy Birthday Megan!!!

and (((Kat)))
Hey Kat, sorry to hear about your fall, I hope you feel better soon. I too fell yesterday on a hike with DD, ended up scraping most of my arms and legs.

Happy b.day to Megan!!

It seems like you celebrate a b.day once every month smile
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/15/10 09:26 PM
No more until May unless I get a boyfriend! wink

You know if I didn't fall and get hurt once and a while, how would I know what feeling good was like?!! lol Hope your scrapes are better. At least we all had fun.

kat
Posted By: soleil Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/16/10 03:33 PM
Feel better, Kat.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/16/10 03:39 PM
I am, thanks. My cough is no where near as bad and well my backside is starting to loosen up again too. Ha, Ha.

I so wish I had my computer back. The boys laptap is slower than molasses on a winter's day. Hopefully, I will hear something...anything. Thank goodness I am not talking about a guy(cause I never want to give someone that much power over me again!)just my wonderful inanimate computer. lol

kat
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/16/10 05:01 PM
Hey can anyone explain how I am having all of these guys sending me messages on the alt? A couple have been really attractive and can actually write a paragraph but some can't seem to put two words together. I haven't replied to any of them and haven't signed up for any dating via Facebook, so what's going on?

Thanks, kat
Posted By: soleil Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/16/10 05:15 PM
A couple have been really attractive and can actually write a paragraph but some can't seem to put two words together.

LOL. Doo dey type lik dis? Gurrl ur 2 hot 4 FB?

grin

Someone on here had a grammar thread going about how bad people type when they're trying to fall in looove.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/16/10 05:18 PM
Then most of them must be in love with me because the spelling and grammar on most of them has been just awful!! lol One of them actually used my name a couple of different times and since I have a really different name it was a nice touch. Oh and he was easy on the eyes too! wink

kat
Posted By: soleil Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/16/10 05:30 PM
^ Idk why it is but most people LOVE to hear their name. When I meet someone I make a point of saying their name/reminding them that I remember. LOL. Nice personal touch.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/16/10 05:49 PM
Using my name is even more special. So few people can pronounce it without me saying it several times. It has been a pain my whole life. So even though it is nice to be unique, I would have preferred it to not be my name that made me stand out so much. It starts with an X by the way and it is Greek, though I am Irish.

So using my name (and the added bonus of having it said correctly) definetly earns points!

kat
Posted By: Kalni Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/16/10 06:20 PM
Your name is pretty unique. It is rare in Greece also. It means "blonde" and it sounds like a heroin (this looks weird-not the drug)of a novel.

Hugs
K
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/16/10 06:32 PM
And of course, we all know I am not a blond. lol I have dark brown hair. The one thing about that which is nice, I have always wanted to be the heroine of my own life, so it works. smile

I think my parents thought it would be a more common name in Greece. Really, who KNOWS what they were thinking(besides wanting to name me what they thought would be my hair color)!! Crazy parents. Love them though.

Just a word to the wise..don't name your kids these weird, really strange names. It is not a fun weight to bare.

kat
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/17/10 01:33 AM
OMG!! Now I got two girls emailing me with topless photos!! I am not gay, though nothing is wrong with it. How do I block this crap???

Kat
Posted By: desert_rat Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/17/10 01:38 AM
Change your privacy setting so that no one that isn't a friend, or a friend of a friend can see you.

They hide it....
Go to Account->Privacy Settings
Up at the top it says "Connecting on Facebook"
You can choose a few different things there, from who can see you in a search, who can send you messages, etc.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/17/10 01:46 AM
Can't acess all of that on my iPod but I will be hopping on the boys computer as soon as they get home. Thanks. I know I do have it set where only friends can see me/my wall.

Kat
Posted By: desert_rat Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/17/10 01:47 AM
Yeah, there's two different screens of settings. People can find you even without seeing your wall.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/17/10 03:07 AM
The boys just told me that the girlie emails were actually viruses. I will be double checking that out.
Posted By: desert_rat Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/17/10 04:37 AM
I think there are viruses if you go to the link in the message. The message itself is only offensive!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/17/10 02:53 PM
I checked everything and it looks as if only friends can read my stuff but I suppose anyone can still send you a message. Whatever!

I wonder how I got to this place. I can talk to my ex and not really feel anything one way or the other. I know despite his actions that he loves our kids so I just keep that in the front of my mind. Really looking back over everything, I have always been able to stay friends with ex's. It may take some time but we always end up able to talk. So I guess that is a good trait/ability I have.

I am feeling happy and peaceful and don't have a clue why. I am just going to enjoy it. smile

kat
Posted By: desert_rat Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/17/10 02:57 PM
I checked everything and it looks as if only friends can read my stuff but I suppose anyone can still send you a message. Whatever!

The "Connecting on Facebook" page should let you control who can message you. That's not the first page that comes up when you select privacy settings, you have to go a level deeper.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/17/10 03:10 PM
OK, I will do that too. Thanks Jeff. I don't need the hassle of all of these strange people e-mailing me. I'll see how far I get before I have to bother you again! smile

kat
OMG!! Now I got two girls emailing me with topless photos!! I am not gay, though nothing is wrong with it. How do I block this crap???

Kat

How come I don't get viruses like that?

Kat, I work in IT and deal with this on a daily basis so when I give you my professional advice you must do exactly as I say. First, forward these photos to me immediately and then...well I'll get back to you on the next steps grin
Posted By: soleil Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/17/10 04:57 PM

Kat

How come I don't get viruses like that?

Kat, I work in IT and deal with this on a daily basis so when I give you my professional advice you must do exactly as I say. First, forward these photos to me immediately and then...well I'll get back to you on the next steps grin

:Grin:

Hey Kat, if the man thing doesn't work out for you, you could always try something new! I have pondered this myself. smile
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/17/10 05:48 PM
ROTFLMAO!! You guys are too funny. Not sure about batting for the other team, I am kind of fond of the guys. wink

Tell you what IR, if I get any more I will send them all your way! I will let you do all of the research. lol

kat
Posted By: soleil Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/17/10 06:56 PM
I am sure IR will have no problem with that. LOL.

As for the other team, I went to bat once but in the end, I just preferred to stay on my own team. Too much talking w/ the other team. LOL.
Woahhh!!! stop the music for a sec...my head's spinning out of control. Work be damned I need to focus here:

Quote:
I went to bat once but in the end, I just preferred to stay on my own team. Too much talking w/ the other team. LOL.

HOT!!! Sol I expect a full report on this ASAP or we're so not talking!!

Honestly pics just don't do anything for me, I actually think nicely clothed is way sexier over bare. But sure what the heck, beggars can't be choosers laugh
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/17/10 07:38 PM
Wow, I think she dropped a bomb in the middle of my thread!!lol
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/17/10 08:02 PM
Hey, my wife liked batting for the other team so much she signed a long term contract...and then traded me!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/17/10 08:04 PM
Are you guys sure we aren't talking about "Friends"? Sounds like a story line like Ross had. smile lol

kat
Posted By: AtTheEnd? Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/17/10 08:09 PM
Soliel,

This is bringing up all sorts of images in my mind. Hmmmmm........
I'm not certain what everything means, but it's fun to read none-the-less.
Originally Posted By: whatisis
Hey, my wife liked batting for the other team so much she signed a long term contract...and then traded me!

You didn't take the umpire position??
Posted By: soleil Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/17/10 09:21 PM
Woahhh!!! stop the music for a sec...my head's spinning out of control. Work be damned I need to focus here:

Quote:
I went to bat once but in the end, I just preferred to stay on my own team. Too much talking w/ the other team. LOL.

HOT!!! Sol I expect a full report on this ASAP or we're so not talking!!

Short version: College, sorority sister. I was drunk and she was very convincing. Yeah, I've got fun stories, too, besides all this achey breaky misery!

Wow, I think she dropped a bomb in the middle of my thread!!lol

LOL

Wii, I did not know your W left you for another woman!
Quote:
Short version: College, sorority sister. I was drunk and she was very convincing. Yeah, I've got fun stories, too, besides all this achey breaky misery!

OK I'm ready for the long version now... grin just kidding!

How did I know it had to be in college/dorm/sorority...I've heard from women that most of them have experimented in that area at one point or another. Nothing wrong with that at all...as long as I'm invited smile
Posted By: soleil Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/17/10 09:48 PM
You are cracking me up!
Posted By: AtTheEnd? Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/17/10 09:51 PM
WOW Soliel! I'm both surprised and impressed. ;-) This sounds like something from Cinemax. Great stuff!

I have some stories to tell as well, just not of that exact nature (never batting for other team). Thank goodness for that.
Quote:
You are cracking me up!

Hey you're one cool chick in my book! Your H is an idiot!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/17/10 11:02 PM
What is it about girls being together? Really I wouldn't see anything exciting about watching two guys. Guess I answered my own question there.

Ok back to you crazy people that took over my thread.

kat
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/17/10 11:59 PM

You didn't take the umpire position??

I'm not doing any positions anymore!
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/18/10 02:36 AM
Originally Posted By: soleil

Wii, I did not know your W left you for another woman!

No Sol, she didn't, I left her when she wouldn't give up that R and work on our M! Actually, the honourable thing would have been for her to leave me but instead she lied for years denying she was having a R outside the M. The best part is that she said "I've never lied to you about anything...except this" Wow, and I had the nerve to be pissed about it!!!! But hey, she also told me that she was in love with this woman but it wasn't sexual...figure that one out.
Quote:
But hey, she also told me that she was in love with this woman but it wasn't sexual...figure that one out.

So she was still sexually available to you? Man, how come I never meet women like that.
Posted By: pollyanna Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/18/10 06:27 AM
Quote:
So she was still sexually available to you? Man, how come I never meet women like that.

So men are "fantasys with no borders "

All the same !! LOL
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/18/10 02:16 PM
Quote:
But hey, she also told me that she was in love with this woman but it wasn't sexual...figure that one out.

"Available" and "willing" are two separate matters!
Posted By: soleil Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/18/10 04:29 PM
No Sol, she didn't, I left her when she wouldn't give up that R and work on our M! Actually, the honourable thing would have been for her to leave me but instead she lied for years denying she was having a R outside the M. The best part is that she said "I've never lied to you about anything...except this" Wow, and I had the nerve to be pissed about it!!!! But hey, she also told me that she was in love with this woman but it wasn't sexual...figure that one out.

Figure that out? Yep, makes no sense to me either. Her not wanting to end that R showed you exactly where her committment did/did not lie. Ugh.

It is amazing how they get upset when we find out about their other man/woman/thing, etc. It is totally weird!
Posted By: soleil Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/18/10 04:29 PM
Kat how are you doing lately? Sorry we shanghai'd your thread!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/18/10 04:45 PM
Huh, what? Is someone talking to me?

I am doing pretty good, thanks. I spent like forever on hold last night with Dell trying to get them to send me a Windows XP disk for my computer. Their customer service really sucks. I was transferred 3 times when I called from work and never got anywhere. Then the long hold last night. I complained to the guy that finally helped me.

Their customer service is located in another country and most of the people were hard to understand. Very frustrating. I don't think I will be buying another Dell just because of that experience.

I know the convesation about trying out the team was more exciting then my regular stuff. As long as you guys come visit, I am good. smile

kat
Posted By: soleil Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/18/10 04:52 PM
LOL, Kat. We are always here to listen to you!

I hate when you call polaces and it's "press, 1, press, 2, press 500" and it's 30 minutes before you actually talk to someone. Annoying!!!

How is your health? How bout that ice cream?

I did go the other day to Baskin Robbins and treat myself to a sugar cone of JAMOCOA nutty or something. Highly recommend it!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/18/10 05:16 PM
The bronchitis is almost gone. I have a slight cough, nothing like the gagging I had before. Went and did the ice cream thing for D12's birthday. I really need to do that more often. lol

I am taking tomorrow off to see Harry Potter! Anyone else doing the same?

kat
Posted By: soleil Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/18/10 05:58 PM
I have actually never read any of the HP books or seen the films but they are both highly recommended by everyone so it sounds like you'll have a great time!!!

I know they get really long lines of fans waiting.

Glad to hear your bronchitis is almost gone...
Posted By: mishka422 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/19/10 06:58 PM
I'm taking Marc to see the first installment of the final book tomorrow afternoon. Football game tonight. Lots of good distractions at the moment.

Sorry to hear about the fall and the illnesses and all. Love that the kitties are so sweet.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/20/10 01:44 AM
It followed the book much better than the last couple of movies. They changed a couple of things but only one major thing that I noticed. I hope you guys enjoy it.

Kat
Just checking in kat- hope you're feeling better!
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/20/10 03:48 AM
My D16 just re-read the whole book last weekend to get ready for the movie. She takes her Harry Potter very seriously! D13 hates Harry Potter movies, she finds them too scary, but then a few years ago she moved into her sisters room after watching Robin William's Jumanji...it took us almost two years to get her out of there and back into her own room!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/22/10 11:07 PM
There are of cours some things that they changed in the movie. One major one that I wonder how they will resolve. I wonder if your daughter caught it? smile

Feeling pretty good, cough is slight but still here but otherwise...life is good.

kat
Posted By: mishka422 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/23/10 02:18 AM
Hey kat! pop me a message over on FB and tell me what part it is that you noticed they left out. I wonder if it's the major plot piece that I noticed.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/23/10 03:19 AM
I posted on your wall. My iPod is letting me message for some reason. Maybe I am just tired. Lol

kat
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/28/10 04:38 PM
Nothing major going on. Had a pleasant afternoon with my family on Thursday. I had almost all my shopping done so I was able to relax over the long weekend.

This morning I am making my grandma's chocolate sheet cake because it reminds me of her. The kittens have gotten so much bigger and continue to be a joy to me. Life is good. smile

kat
Posted By: karen43 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/28/10 11:42 PM
Hey, Kat, remember me?

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather again. Have you been having your Vitamin C? Dr. Oz recommends Vitamin D now too...

I just became permanent at my job after my year of probation. So a relief...Looking to move to Tallahassee--will be closer to the job but so expensive! X is the same old, same old...

Sounds like you are doing good. I'm so happy to hear that!!!

Karen
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/29/10 12:36 AM
Hey stranger!! Has it really been a year at your job already? I have missed catching up with you. I hated getting bronchitis right after the cancer surgery but I am on the back end of that now.

Almost entirely done with Christmas shopping, all before Thanksgiving! So unlike me. Lol. Maybe just five more things to buy and then the wrapping begins. With the kittens I am leary about putting up a tree. We will figure that out.

Sorry ex is still acting like a donkey. Any new guys in the picture? Will be around Tuesday? If so I can give you a call.

Kat
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/29/10 07:18 PM
Glad you had a good Thanksgiving.

Regarding your computer, Dell will actually let you purchase support in the US. I forget how much it is for a year, isn't that f'd up?

Dell is not rated well for their laptops. If you want another laptop, Toshiba has been ranked number 1 for the last few years.

Glad you are feeling better. Hope you are 100% soon!

(((Kat)))
Posted By: mishka422 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/29/10 09:55 PM
I can vouch for that. I have a Toshiba and it is absolutely wonderful. I've actually had it 4 years and it still functions almost like new. I've only had to contact them once for a question I couldn't find in the guide and they answered it within minutes. Couldn't be happier.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/29/10 10:06 PM
I don't have a laptop though the boys do. S18 has the Apple I just bought him for college/Christmas and S15 has an older one my parents bought. Mine si the desktop and while I am fine with the basics, I am still having to go through the drivers to find the right ones to install. Major pain!

I may have to save up for a new one.

kat
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/29/10 10:19 PM
Hmm, theoretically Dell's desktops are better than their laptops. I forget who was rated number 1 for desktops. I'd have to look it up again. But Sony VAIO always does pretty well. eMachine is pretty budget but I've heard good thigns. Dell tends to be cheaper, which is reflected in their customer service. I'd stay away from Compaq and HP (although they may have fixed their hard drive issues in the last few years) as well. With the sales going on now through the new year, I'm sure if you wanted to you could pick up a newer one with Windows 7 (SO much better than Vista!) for cheap.

My law school laptop purchase was a Toshiba. Only complaint I have is that it has Vista on it lol. At this point it's over 3 years old and still going strong.

But hopefully you can get this one fixed quick and not have to worry about it. *fingers crossed*
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/29/10 10:26 PM
LOL, I still have windows XP. I am two conversions behind. Windows/Explorer always seems to crash so we have beeen using firfox or safari to navigate.

kat
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/29/10 10:35 PM
Ya know, windows XP was stable though. And didn't use nearly as much memory as Vista. If I'd had a choice between Vista and XP, I would have bought XP. But the computer came with Vista, and spending yet more money on XP was just too much trouble LOL.

Firefox is a far better program than Internet Explorer anyways. wink
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/29/10 10:53 PM
I agree, it just won't let me play the msn games. Darn. lol

The girls want to be able to play some of their games whicha re on disc and I am fine with that. The boys want to be able to watch movies on it again and while that may be nice they do have a x-box 360 and ps3 to play those on. So I am not in a major rush now that S18 has his own computer for school. I would just like things to not break for a little while. I know I would be lucky to get that reprieve with 4 kids. smile

kat
Kat, hope you're good. I haven't checked on you guys for a while so just doing a drive-by here.

Get a Mac! I've never been a big Apple guy but they make quality products.
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/30/10 11:40 PM
Macs are brilliant if you want to do graphics stuff, but can be a bit expensive if all you want is a basic computer.

Things not breaking is just wishful thinking LOL. Even without 4 kids!
Posted By: desert_rat Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/30/10 11:45 PM
By their nature, laptops are going to be less reliable. It's a lot harder to get rid of the heat. Other than the power supply, and sometimes the hard disk, a desktop should last "forever".

That said, the Acer Netbook that I got almost a year and a half ago is going strong, and it's for practical purposes my "main" computer. No good for games, obviously, but I can get banned from DB, check FB and my email, make tee times, and Google anything with it.
Posted By: desert_rat Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/30/10 11:46 PM
If I could edit, I would have added that I think the reliability of the brand (or actually the support they give when there is a problem) is more important for laptops than desktops. I second the vote for Toshiba there.

As far as desktops go, I am not opposed to rolling my own to save a buck.
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/30/10 11:52 PM
I guess there is a good reason my laptop is on a cooling stand with a built-in fan. Lol.

Somehow I don't see Kat rolling her own desktop. wink
Posted By: desert_rat Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 11/30/10 11:56 PM
My services could be bought..... wink
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/01/10 12:11 AM
With socks and hot wings?
Posted By: desert_rat Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/01/10 12:13 AM
smile Even medium wings! And lots of iced tea! No sugar.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/01/10 03:15 AM
Yes, Let's have Jeff roll my desktop for me! lol You guys are too funny. I was off seeing S18's senior pictures. They were really good. He hates getting his picture taken so that was a really pleasant surprise. We had to narrow it down from 115 to 36.

Now I have to narrow it down to like 5 unless I want to owe her my other 3 kids!! I have to make up my mind by next Thursday...yikes!!

kat
If you want a computer get a PC. If you want an experience get an Apple smile It's like buying a Lexus or a Kia...both will get you there.

On the inexpensive side the new netbooks can be had for well under $200 and a starter laptop for around $400 these days. However, I do agree with Jeff that even having multiple laptops and an iPad I prefer the good ole desktop 8 out of 10 times. A 22 inch LCD and it's on 24/7.

Oh and Vista is the worst of the three OSes; I'd go with XP if you have older hardware or Windows 7 if you have a newer computer.

A 115 pics down to 36 down to 5?? yikes! but I hear you, they can be pricey!
Before the start of school last year, I got the Walmart-special laptops - I was able to get two, one for each kid, for the money I had saved and was going to get just one at BestBuy. They were $198 each - I think they are doing the special again for Christmas. Only issue is that one's battery no longer holds a charge, so S15 has to plug it in. That way, the kids can use it as they want and not mess with mine!

You've reminded me that I have to take the Christmas photo for cards...
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/01/10 12:41 PM
So far the old Dell is back to doing the basics just fine but it won't recogonize the graphics card. Help!!

The photographer actually had about 300 photos and had already narrowed it down to 115 so at least we didn't have to do that. We thought it would take an hour...try 2.5.

kat
Posted By: soleil Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/01/10 02:27 PM
Wow! That is a lot of pictures, Kat!
Hope you are well!
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/01/10 04:42 PM
Wow! That is a LOT of pictures! Good luck!
Posted By: desert_rat Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/01/10 05:19 PM
Have you tried uninstalling the graphics card in the device manager, and then rebooting? Oh, one other question... is it a separate graphics card, or is it on-board?
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/01/10 05:59 PM
No I haven't but that is a great idea. As for the second question, I really don't know. How would I tell? I know that sounds stupid. I did install an additional memory card so I know about that but the graphics card came with it and I have never had to do anything with it. Any help appreciated.

I will try to uninstall it after the concert tonight and see if the computer recognizes it during the reboot.(Both girls have concerts at the same time, different schools about 5 miles apart. good thing their parents can handle being apart. lol)

kat
Posted By: desert_rat Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/01/10 06:05 PM
Is the output for the monitor up by the keyboard input, or down in one of the card slots. (This is the desktop, right?)

If you open it up, and the monitor plugs into a card that plugs into the main board it's separate. If it plugs into the mainboard, or into a connector that's just a cable to the main board, it built in.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/01/10 06:14 PM
Thanks Jeff. I will be checking that out and let you know. I have to boogie to lunch as my boss is making me go at a "normal" time. lol

kat
Posted By: desert_rat Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/01/10 06:19 PM
Bring it out here, and we'll get it running right! smile
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/01/10 07:11 PM
Thanks so much Jeff. should I check and see how it is set up before I delete it and reboot? Or does that matter? I really appreciate your help. I am sure Kerry would be throwing his .50 cents in too if he was here. I might need to bug him on the alt just to say hi.

kat
Posted By: desert_rat Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/01/10 09:02 PM
Hey kat!
You could write down what it says, but it shouldn't matter. Do you know how to get to the device manager?
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/01/10 10:03 PM
Just go to control panel, I think. Or is there a different way to do that? I feel a bit off in my real world realm as I have actually been busy at work which is nice. I got my review today. We both noticed my slump/burn out period and agreed things were on the upturn. A raise is a raise right? Higher goals for next year. I pray with all my heart that next year will be the year that nothing major goes wrong and we all are healthy and happy.

I've been through enough crud the last three years to last a lifetime.

kat
Posted By: desert_rat Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/01/10 10:11 PM
I right click "My Computer", then properties, then hardware, then device manager. You should then be able to select the graphics adapter (right click) and remove it. Then reboot, and see what happens.

A raise is a raise! And I think we are all cheering for a better year to come!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/01/10 10:41 PM
Ok well I figured it would be one of the two! lol Hope you will be on later in case anything crazy happens but don't feel obligated. I can always catch you tomorrow. smile

kat
Posted By: desert_rat Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/01/10 10:44 PM
I'm almost always around in one way or another!
What kind of Dell is it? The good thing is you can download Dell drivers for (sound and video) from their website going as far back as 6 years. Just have to read the serial number off the tag/label on the computer and punch it into their support site, i think it's just support.dell.com
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/01/10 10:46 PM
Glad your review went well. A raise is definitely a raise!

And here's hoping 2011 is far better for all. smile
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/01/10 10:56 PM
Romeo, I did that and for some wacky reason it still isn't recognizing the video card. Games the girls had no problem having on the computer won't play now and each time it says the video card. It is about 5 years old. I am not sure how much I can mess with it before the concert(I am going to D12's), so hopefully after. I think these usually run about an hour.

Oh yea, I also have to start looking at those photos. Why am I so busy all of a sudden? lol

kat
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/02/10 03:14 AM
Hey, I think I got it. I didn't have to remove it or open the computer up, though that would be good to know. I went to the device manager and was able to ask the computer to find the driver. the way I did it earlier, I couldn't open the file. Maybe I am not explaining it right, but at least right nwow it works. Thanks guys!!

kat
That's great kat, you fixed it! first the door knobs, now the computers...man us guys will soon be obsolete.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/02/10 04:11 AM
Men will never be obsolete to me!! whistle I am so glad though that I didn't pay Best Buy the $135.00 they wanted to do this. Sure I had some bumps but you guys helped me and I did some on my own and S18 helped too! Group effort and Group Hug. smile

Thanks so much!!

kat
Posted By: desert_rat Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/02/10 04:20 AM
smile smile
Posted By: mishka422 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/02/10 03:14 PM
YEA!!!!!!!
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/02/10 09:04 PM
Ok so new topic. The girl that asked S18 to prom last year came by Saturday night and told me about her plan to ask S18 to semi-formal this Saturday. She was going to leave notes that led him to her where she would have a sign asking him.

I thought it was a cute idea. I know he really liked her at one point but she hurt him when she didn't want to date just him last year. So anyway things didn't go quite as planned but she came by the house and held up the sign for him. One of his friends was over that doesn't care for her too much. Anyway he said no.

She looked as if she was ready to cry. I guess she really wants to date him now and he is scared to start anything and have her hurt him again. Kids....a lot like us it seems.

kat
Awww...that's kinda sad. Didn't you tell him not to go around breaking young girls' hearts? smile

But not like us...if a woman held a sign up for me I'd drop my meal on the floor and run to her before she knew what hit her grin
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/02/10 09:39 PM
Honestly, I told him he was a butt! It could just be as friends even if she wants more right now. I felt so terrible for her, especially after she put herself on the line like that.

As far as like us, I meant sometimes too afraid to get hurt, so we don't put ourselves out there.

kat
Posted By: mishka422 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/02/10 10:24 PM
Poor girl. frown I feel bad for her too. Of course, she should probably learn to deal with rejection sooner than later.

I'm sure S18 has his reasons though. Can't fault him for that.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/02/10 10:37 PM
Well now he has to work anyway since it was too late to ask off, but still he could have been nicer. I think he should have said if I am off sure but the request deadline has passed, no promises.

I guess he will learn to be more tactful later but still. I could have hit him upside his head last night!

kat
I'm actually a bit proud of him for not going with her if he really didn't want to. I just hope he did it tactfully, especially since she did go all out. That part sounds like he wasn't too smooth...

"Wow, that is so flattering and nice that you asked me. I wasn't expecting it (kat - sounds like she told you about it so you could give him a heads-up, or test the waters or something...?). But, I don't think I would be the best guy to take you to this dance, I'm sorry."
And of course, he pulled her aside, out of sight from his friends, and made sure she had an opening to escape/save face......?

Learning experience for both of them. Better to do it as a teen than as us old foggies! wink
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/03/10 04:02 AM
She wanted to surprise him so wow, I actually kept a secret. He did talk to away from the group of us ( me, her mom and all of his sibs and his best friend). He did say they could hang out some so I hope that helps. Just not an easy situation. I guess better to learn now.

kat
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/05/10 10:07 PM
Crazy weekend. I replaced my phone battery, made my first chocolate cheese cake from scratch and made homemade laundry soap for the first time. It worked really well. smile. Then I started a pot roast. Resting before I go to bookclub.

Kat
Posted By: JCJ Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/05/10 10:10 PM
Ahh, poor girl but sounds like s18 handled it well. reat news on your review!

How's your health now Kat?

(((Kat)))
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/06/10 02:41 AM
Doing much better thanks. Just an occasional cough and sneeze. Nice to feel like I actually did something this weekend. Thanks for checking on me.

kat
Posted By: mishka422 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/06/10 03:06 AM
Homemade laundry soap? How and why? grin
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/06/10 04:03 AM
I was reading up on green cleaning and it was also saying that the soap was cheaper than store bought but cleaned just as well so I thought I would give it a shot. I just made some powdered but I could have made the liquid if I had a full box of borax. smile

So I used my food processor. 1 bar of soap(I used Irish Spring) shredded with my shredding blade on the processor and blend in the processor with 1 cup of borax, 1 cup of washing soda. I think I could actually use more dry to the bar of soap. I also added 1/2 cup of baking soda. It cleaned just as well as my tide but actually didn't leave a scent that I could tell once it came out of the dryer. The clothes didn't seem to be nearly as wrinkled (I didn't get them out until after I got home from bookclub so they did sit a bit)

I used 2 tablespoons. There was a scent when they came out of the washer if you were wondering. I might make a batch of the liquid and see how that goes. It makes 5 gallons and with a family of 5 I think it will still last a while. I think it calculates to about .03 a load versus .37.

kat
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/06/10 04:36 PM
It is funny because I see myself as a nice person. I am extremely loyal , almost to a fault until you betray me and I don't love you anymore. Then the Leo that I am comes out. lol

Anyhow about a month ago, I noticed that K's live in cupcake moved back to NC. K though isn't changing his status or mentioning her at all. Yesterday on FB he changed his status to "It's complicated". You know the status we all chose while going through our respective divorces. Some friend pipes up that aren't all relationships (complicated)? and then his sister throws in that it might be more complicated then he thought because her status says "single". These people have been pretty slow here. The cupcake never changed her status the whole time they were together...always single. She never changed her job or even that she moved halfway across the country. She kept it as NC. She was never as all in as he was.( I know other things that support that, but just take my word).

So in the big picture of things, he is now me a few months back and Karma is paying him a visit. To make this even sweeter(in my wicked sense of humor) his daughter just recorded a song called "Christmas Karma".

kat

ps: yes, I still care about the big lug. Bad, kat.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/06/10 06:55 PM
Ok, so I am bad. I so wanted to answer his sister's reply on FB and say she always said single but didn't. I did post on my FB but not directly referring to "that situation". You know people usually want to kill the messanger or in this case the person that knocked off the rose colored glasses. best to let him figure it out on his own.

In case you are wondering, if he reads my wall, I doubt that eh will see himself even though he is a smart guy.

kat
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/06/10 06:56 PM
Please fix the edit button!!!!
Posted By: whatisis Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/06/10 07:01 PM
...or remove it. It's just another cheeseless tunnel to go down!
Hi - Sorry about that edit feature. For now, if you want to check for typo's you can preview your post before hitting the 'Submit' button. Hit 'Preview Reply' then scroll down. You will then see the post exactly as it will appear once it is submitted. If you see something you want to change you can do so by scrolling back up to the section where you typed in your post. Hope this helps.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/06/10 08:03 PM
As you can see, it isn't going to get fixed anytime soon. frown
Posted By: BobbiJo Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/06/10 10:46 PM
Yes, gotta love Karma. I do anyway! Cause hopefully it means we get a pretty big payoff one of these days! whistle
Posted By: TimeHeals Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/06/10 10:51 PM
Quote:
As you can see, it isn't going to get fixed anytime soon.

It's not broken. It's disabled.

If I was a mindreader, I'd say it's because they don't want ya'll posting how to get in touch with each other outside of the forum.

I don't really know why, but that's my guess.
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/06/10 10:56 PM
Oh believe me I know that. My name may mean blonde, but I am not one in that sense(no offense BBJ). Big Brother is on DB!!

kat
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/06/10 11:39 PM
Cool about the baking and laundry soap! I might have to try that. Roger has such sensitive skin (I'm prone to it as well) that I only buy woolite right now.

Too funny about the karma! We all knew it was just a matter of time though.. grin
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/07/10 12:26 AM
You can use any soap you want. I figure try it in powder as it isn't a huge batch and then you could always make the liquid if it works.

I know you like country. I have a link to a new song on my wall if you want to hear.

kat
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/07/10 12:32 AM
Will check it out smile
Posted By: kat727 Re: I chose the road less traveled by #32 - 12/07/10 03:49 PM
Hard to believe I have been here 3 years. What I have come to appreciate is that I am the owner of my own life. No one is going to make it better, if I don't. I have found happiness just being me. My kids have brought me tremendous joy and have stuck with me through all the muck. My family and friends have been supportive.

This board was once a lifeline when I felt so much pain, I didn't know how I was going to get through. I have found true friends here, comrades in arms if you will. Many of them don't post much anymore. I have made some new friends recently. I hope I can help them as much as I have been helped in the past.

This board now is more a reflection of moving forward on to relationships post divorce and a great place to catch up. I am sad that the board has gotten so restrictive but I suppose they have their reasons.

On to a new thread: Taking the long way #33.

much love, kat
© DivorceBusting.com