Divorcebusting.com
OK, it's time for a new thread... probably well past time!

The previous thread... Wandering Poster 55 - We've been waiting for you!

What's up in the desert?

The kittens are getting bigger, and are quite amusing to watch. I think they are insane.

I seem to have kicked the sickness... yesterday the doc said my lungs were clear. I still feel that my breathing isn't quite "right", but it is sooooo much better.

Went to band practice Sunday, sang a lot, pushed it pretty hard at times, and generally felt good, so I think that says something. I do wonder what it really sounds like.... but not knowing might be better! There are a few songs that I think could be done in public, with just a little work, and more that would take, shall we say, a bit more work! But, with a motto of "No gigs", it's all good! Though it sounds like there is playing planned for the drummer's 50'th next spring. Not quite sure what that means. Oh, the guy who is generally the singer (before I started coming) showed up, and it went pretty well. He likes to mess around with some of the percussion, and even the bass a bit, and we kind of split the singing without any conflict. Though I think I can do "Stairway" better than he does! smile

Speaking if the bass, and taking a step that is new... the crazy thought of getting a bass and trying to learn to play it has gotten into my head. Though I don't think there is any way in heck I would be singing and playing at the same time!

Hasn't been any dating in the past couple weeks, partly due to illness, partly do to no dates!

Oh, Monday night I was eating at the local pizza place, I've been there once, maybe twice a week. The waitress asked me my name, and told me her's! Or course, she is probably just old enough to serve alcohol. It's still nice, though.

Drinks, food, and general silliness are all encouraged!

HUGS!
I am first ... Yippee!!! Glad you are feeling better. You have that certain something that gets the ladies interested. While you were sick you must have had it turned off. Lol

oh and I would like a seabreeze please!

kat
(((((kat)))))
One seabreeze, coming up!

I'm thinking the ladies go for the bass player, but if there are no gigs...... Maybe I have to think this through!
Go Wildcats! Put a beating on those Golden Bears! It would benefit your guys to limit the penalties and also work on the running game.

It sure would be nice if the Beavers could upset Boise State.

Are the Ducks in for trouble at Sun Devil Stadium?
Well... my inexpert analysis....

If the 'Cats don't let down after last week, and that is a significant if, the Bears will get beat down. The running game will be there, they have three pretty good backs. I think they are still figuring out the balance.

I think OSU will put a hurtin' in Boise State, I am not a true "blue" believer.

I don't see the Ducks having any trouble with the Devils.
You gotta love the Pac 10 right now. And next year, some of us (not counting the Cougars) get to do some beat down on Colorado and Utah.
I always liked the lead singer and guitar is fine if you are a guitar god like Eddie Van Halen. smile. Thanks for the seabreeze it was wonderful.

kat
Glad you are feeling better! And you make me wish I could have a kitten or three. But, not with Nathan's allergies...

Even if there are no gigs, you mention to a girl that you are in a band, that's some points right there. Especially if you can sing to her at some point. smile
Originally Posted By: BobbiJo

Even if there are no gigs, you mention to a girl that you are in a band, that's some points right there. Especially if you can sing to her at some point. smile

I think I need to update my profile on Match....
Jeff -

Have you ever heard of Dream Theater? I have their "Live at Budokan" DVD and play it often - very loudly. All the guys in that band are so very talented. John Petrucci is a guitar god like Eddie Van Halen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6k1VdgNeKE
I think one of the guys that plays guitar in our band mentioned Dream Theater. I will have to listen to them!

So, I mentioned to the main instigator of the band that I was thinking of getting a bass and trying to learn to play it. He says, "I have one you can borrow for a while." So, that's a deal! And if I decide to keep playing, I may well be able to buy it from him!

I quickly realized that the fingers on my left hand will need to get stronger, and more sturdy! But I am pretty excited by it.

Oh, the kids and I went to the local pizza/Italian place tonight, and the waitress called me by name! That got a bit of a look from the kids! Too bad she's a youngster! smile
I've been thinking to get a clarinet (I played in 4-9th grade) as my flute is too difficult for me to get the high notes.

Jeff Beck live at Ronnie Scotts is a DVD you might want to check out. The bass player is a young lady named Tal Wilkenfeld who has not played that long and seems quite good. Here is a song where she has a very nice solo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC02wGj5gPw

BTW... Jeff Beck is the master with the strat and there are songs in that video where the drummer is amazing.

I believe that John Myung, the bass player of Dream Theater, has quite a bit of instructional material you could order...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVJ2zbGmMAI
That link to John Myung doing taping was the first time I have ever heard his voice. He is the king of introverted musicians! And I dont know why the sound engineer for Dream Theater does not increase the volume for the bass. John M's fingers look like a bunch of crazy spiders when he plays the bass.
Hey Handsome,

How are you doing? My S is going to start the electric bass next week, not sure where he gets musical talent, not from his parents (his music teacher said he was doing so well with the tuba he could learn the bass--explain that connection to me??)

Are you back to 100% yet?

PSU had a wimpy showing today.

Dagny
((((((Dagny))))))

I am doing a lot better, not quite 100%, though if I hadn't been sick I might not really notice. Thanks for asking!

I can't explain a connection between bass and tuba! Though it might have been a case of motivation... the bass player probably attracts more girls than the tuba player! The ability to read music would certainly translate, though.

I guess a win is a win, but the score of the PSU game doesn't look real impressive! Arizona and Cal are still feeling each other out, not sure what is going to happen here!
A whole quater and still knotted up at 0-0. Cal is on a pace to have 36 yards rushing in the whole game.
The refs have been rather liberal with the flags thus far... usually I don't complain, but I am a little dubious about some of the calls. But, it seems to me that a lot of times when the calls are against you in the first half, they turn around in the second. Perhaps.
What a horrid game, whoever you are cheering for. It looks like both teams forgot there was a game today. Or the field is covered in quicksand. And yellow flags.
That Bear / Cat game is exciting for people that like soccer considering there have been no touchdowns and there is only 7 minutes left to play..

I dont like what is happening in the whole state of Arizona right now! The Ducks should be dominating and are only up by 4.
Well, Cats have 2:30 to win it.
They have the ball and all they need is a touchdown and extra point. Considering the Tide just barely won, I dont see much change in the rankings except for South Carolina and Texas. But lets not get ahead of ourselves...Ducks must hold their lead and the Cats MUST SCORE!
Dang! Might have scored too fast!
Nice 3rd down TD pass!

Cal only has a little over a minute to get a FG.
Gosh, I hope the Cats are not playing prevent defense.
Holy smokes! Somehow, they led the game for 1:15. But it was the right 1:15.
A win is a win.
They tipped and intercepted. Then the guy returning it fumbled on the return, but the Cats got it!
Looks like the Quackers have taken control.
The ending is cool, but no one will ever out do the 1982 Bears vs Stanford rugby band assist play for the most dramatic ending.
No, the Band play is a classic, and always will be!
I am not counting out the Devils yet.

BTW... Do you think that you could lower the temperature in your state when my boys visit?
It's not that bad out!

Though I am sure it is warmer in Tempe than it is down here. It's down to 86 here now.

OK, it's pretty hot. But, it's a.... wait for it..... DRY HEAT!
If you watch the final 7 minutes of that game, the announcer stated that the drive John Elway did for the Cardinals which put them ahead with a field goal and only 8 seconds remaining was one of the best finishes in all of college football. He had no idea what was coming with that kickoff with only 4 seconds left.
Originally Posted By: Virtually_Handsome
OK, it's pretty hot. But, it's a.... wait for it..... DRY HEAT!

Holy [censored]! I did not fall on the floor, but I am actually in tears of laughter sitting on my couch.

Good one there Mr Dry Heat!

An additional reason it is so funny is that my daughter went into melt down today at the Polish festival here in Portland because, it was in her words, "Too Hot". She wore tight long jeans and could not roll them up. And the actual high in Portland today was 80. But it was a "moist heat".
At 80 I might need a sweater.
You are cracking me up! I had time to go golfing this afternoon, but decided not too because it was too hot.
It is getting down to about 70 at sunrise these days. Fall is coming.
(((Jeff)))

How are you? How are the kittens?
Hi Jeff -

Do you have a prediction for Beavers at Wildcats? I think it will be a very competitive game. Part of me is hoping the Wildcats win and remain unbeaten until they play at Autzen and Ducks annialate them by 50 points. That should help the Ducks on their national title quest.
I would take 86 over the mess we've been having any day. It was in the 50s every darn morning here this week!
(((((Julia)))))
I am doing pretty well. The kittens are getting big, but they are still insane. They think that toes covered by a sheet are nice toys.

S15 had a football game last night. They won for the first time this year. The opponent helped out with a bunch of fumbles, and at least two interceptions. But, he got to play quite a bit, made a nice tackle and broke up a pass with what would have been another good tackle if they guy had help the ball. So that was fun!

(((((sol)))))
The next six months or so will have a lot of nice weather. Some cold days, but lots of nice ones!

Kerry...
I think the Wildcats should beat the Beavers without a lot of trouble. The biggest problem they might have is thinking that they are good. I hope the Cal game two weeks ago got them over that kind of thinking, I think after beating Iowa they thought Cal would be easy. There doesn't seem to be any question that the Ducks can score with anyone. I don't know that they will lay 50 on the 'Cats, though up there I don't really see them losing, either.
Cute, but painful smile

The game sounds good!
You know what? It feels good to do something nice for someone!

As I was leaving Wild Wings after lunch today (only time this week... the checkbook told me to cut back!) there were three girls, probably 17 or 18 walking across the driveway. I stopped well back so that they would know I wasn't going to run them over. They waved, and motioned to me, so I rolled the window down. They asked if I was going to a road that in fact was right on my way back to work, and sounded pretty desperate to get there. They had been waiting for a bus... if you know the bus service around here, you know that's a bit of a risky proposition. Anyway, against my usual judgment, I motioned for them to get in the back seat, and gave them a ride, maybe five minutes. When we got into the area where they wanted to be I had to pull teeth to get them to tell me where they wanted to be dropped off, they were in "anywhere is alright" mode. I just told them when they have a chance to do something nice for someone, to do it. They said they had asked lots of people, I'm glad it was me and not some creep that picked them up.

And now I am almost ready for the weekend! smile
I've not heard of Wild Wings before, but notice there are some in my area. Is it good? Have you ever tried Famous Daves?

Good job at helping the young damsels in distress.

Wildcats get to play the kittens this week in Pullman. Should be a win and maybe a chance to move up in the rankings.

Any dating prospects?
I enjoy BWW. I don't know if it's "good", but they have lots of flavors to choose from and a gazillion TVs. And the kids like to play the trivia game.

I have not tried Famous Dave's. I see, the nearest one is on the other side of town. I might have to put in on the list of places to stop if I am over there.

The 'Cats puzzle me. I though the close call against Cal would get them on their game, and yet they kinda laid an egg against the Beavers. (But then, who would want to beat up a Beaver?) I am not making any prognostication on this one! Though it is hard to see how they are not the better team.

No dating prospects. Probably time to send out some new communiques. I don't like to have too many out at once, in case I get better than expected responses.
I tried Famous Dave's a few weeks ago and like it much more than another BBQ place the kids and I usually go to.

Buckeyes at the Badgers is the big game this weekend. If there is an upset, the Ducks will most likely be rated #1. I think the Beavers will win against the Dawgs on Saturday. Just like the Beaver/Duck game will be good this year, I think the Sun Devils are pretty good and will make for a good game against the Wildcats. Do they refer to the Wildcats vs Devils game down there as the civil war like we refer to the Ducks vs Beavers as the civil war?

I am like you on only being able to deal with one prospect at a time. Last month, I was in communique and meetups with 3 and my brain was getting confused. I am just going to wait and see with the lady I met last night before logging back into the site.
I think the Beavers are a lot better than people think. They lost to really good teams, on the road, in at least one case. (Too lazy to look it up.) I know they won't be ranked top ten with their record, but I think they could play with anyone in the top ten.

We have the "Duel in the Desert", for the Territorial Cup. Which is probably better than a Duel for the Dessert... winner gets ice cream in a cup! smile
There you are! I thought it had been a while since you'd posted an update LOL.

Glad to hear you are feeling better and life is resuming the normal silliness.

(((Jeff)))
Hey Jeff -

The kids and I tried the Buffalo Wild Wings this last Saturday. It is in the building that used to be Hooters. We sat right next to the Corn Husker/Longhorn game and the kids liked the triva game (which I helped some with). I got the wings with the Mango Habanero sauce - tasty but oh so hot!

The Wildcats have the Dawgs visiting this weekend. It could be a pretty good game considering how well the Dawgs were against the Beavers.

The Duckies will probably dominate the Bruins by at least 2 TD's at Autzen this Thursday. But weirder things have happened when there is a large TV viewing audience and a team is rated #1.

The lady I met last Thursday never returned my follow up email so I am still on a 16 month cold streak. Too bad, because she seemed to have a lot of things that I liked. I plan to focus a bit more on my golf game for now. I am meeting another guy who is a student of my instructor this sunday for 9 holes. I have my fingers crossed for no rain.
(((((Michelle)))))
This weekend was kinda ick. Not for any real reason, I was just feeling a touch lonely. And poor. I can do quite a bit about the poor part by eaing in more, and I have been. But it is a pain for one.

Hi, Kerry. I like having the choices of so many sauces for the wings. I have to say that in the old days I would choose a lot closer to the right hand end of the scale than I do now!

The PAC-10 is confusing me. I think that other than the Cougars the "on any given Saturday" rule applies. The Ducks are clearly, I think, on top. But there are at least four teams that could beat them with their best game.

The 'Cats may be in trouble with Foles out. Though maybe it will finally wake them up. They could easily be 3-3, or even 2-4, and I think the problem is mostly in their heads. As far as the Ducks and Bruins, the Bruins whacked Texas, Texas whooped Nebraska, but UCLA got rolled by Cal.... who the heck knows who the Bruins are? Should make for some fun Saturdays, though!

I don't want to discuss the length of cold streaks. But you are just getting warmed up! smile

I've totally lost my ability to hit an iron longer than a nine, and sometimes not even that. But I have been hitting nice wedges and amazing pitches, and reasonably well with my driver and fairway woods. I am puzzled. But then, it's golf!
None of the Ducks remaining 6 games are easy. If they miracuously win all those, they are deserving to play in the national championship game. The Rose Bowl is still up for grabs with every team in the PAC-10 except for Cougars (and the banned Trojans).
I hear you! I could see the Wildcats losing out. Or winning out. It's just so close, every game is going to be a tough one.
The best way I find to do it is to cook like you are cooking for 5 and eat leftovers for a few days. smile I concur that cooking for one is a pain, I did far too much of it when my XH was deployed. There were a lot of nights I had cereal for dinner. Or made a stuffed baked potato in the toaster oven with broccoli and sharp cheddar and parmesan.
Cheese and crackers. A tuna sandwich. I need to cook on the weekend, and have at least enough left to last a couple days. I don't need to be perfect, just better!

((((((Michelle))))))
Guacamole is another of my favorites. Throw in some cheese and maybe salami and it's a balanced meal!
Yeah. What I like about things like cheese and salami is that they last long enough you don't have to be in a hurry to eat it.

I can see where the darned bachelor stereotypes come from. Not totally thrilled with that.

And the longer time goes on, the easier it would be to lower standards, to settle. And I know I would regret it. But, geeze!
As long as you cook on weekends it's okay. (((Jeff)))
Yeah...well, it's not ok yet! smile
I only at out once this weekend. Which isn't to say I cooked at home, either.

I think I am seeing that I have been "floating" a bit too much. Might be expected, but I am getting less happy with it. Hmmm, maybe I am getting somewhere here.
Maybe you just need to do like in the "Lawyers, Guns and Money" song...

"Well, I went home with the waitress. The way I always do".

Just make sure she is not with the Russians too.
Ha!
Well Kerry, that's funny, since I seem to make friends with waitresses everywhere!

I went out Saturday night, while during the second half if the Beavers and Huskies game (so it was getting late), went to Wild Wings. I actually went with the intention of seeing if there were any groups of ladies hanging out. I should have gone earlier, when I am sure there were lots of folks there, but....

Anyway, there were none, but I sat in the bar area where I could watch the game (What the heck was up with the Beavers going for two? If I have Quizz, I take my chances in OT #3!). And the waitress I got was probably the cutest one I have seen there. (Different BWW than the one I go to at lunch time.) I've seen her before, she's waited on the kids and I. She skinny beyond belief (too much so, in my opinion), blond, anyway... The thought of taking her home wasn't totally unattractive. While I was eating she sat down at the bar (15 feet away) and redid her hair, and I noticed a tattoo on the back of her neck. When she was at the next table I tried to figure out what it was, but I couldn't, so when she came by I asked her. It was a ribbon that said "Family" under it. I thought that was nice. A little later she was off at the cash register, and sprayed some scent of some sort... whenever she walked by the table after that, I almost died! I didn't ask what it was, but I did say it was nice. She's way too young, but it was still fun to approach flirting a little.

And tonight I will stop at the local Italian spot and watch the last part of the game. It's become a tradition. There are twin 23 year old waitresses there, but the same one always waits on me. And now I know how to tell them apart, since I asked! One has a couple little moles on the side of her face, so it K spot, B not!

I don't think any of them are with the Russians, though the one at WW is named Eva, so I should perhaps be careful there!
I actually was in agreement with the Beaver coach at the time - the home crowd was quite an advantage for the Huskies, so go ahead and try to finish it. And it was so close to being a catch that it should have counted for at least one point.

Everyone up here knows what it means, but how would your kids interpret it if you told them that on Saturday night you were at Wild Wings checking out the Beavers.

With all these waitresses (and twins), I'm worried that in another week we are going to hear a post from you like...

Now I'm hiding in Honduras
I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns and money
The sh!t has hit the fan
I thought about whether they should go for two, and maybe I underestimated the crowd. If I was going for two, I think I would have run Quizz. Instead, if I remember right, he was blocking in the backfield, and not even involved. He's their gamechanger. In the subsequent OT's when they had to go for two, I would have thought he might have been the difference.
The twins are terribly attractive. But, alas, I am terribly old. And I think they smoke. (One for sure.)
And their younger sister works in the kitchen.
Total man thread! Golf, football and waitresses! Geesh! LOL

*running around sprinkling girly glitter*
((((((((Sandy))))))
You can spread your glitter on my thread any time!

The twins were their usual friendly selves today. They kinda took turns waiting on me. After I ordered the younger sister (taller, dirty blond, and also attractice) came out of the kitchen talking about the soup she had just made, so I obviously had to try some of that!

I was the last customer in the place, so when I left they were cleaning up, and I called out a "good-bye", and all three of them (I think) said "see you next week!". I think there's a benefit to being a "regular"! It's good for the ego, at least!
Gack!
Just opened the water bill.... it was for as much I it should be for a year! Hoped the meter was misread, so I went out in the dark, and no.... it was spinning like crazy!

I could hear it running at the input to the house, but there was nothing on in the house. But... a timer that was watering some things in the back, where I don't really venture very often, was stuck on! I was surprised because I can hear it operate, even heard it this morning. But obviously it isn't operating right. I hope they will let me spread it out!
At least a couple trees should be doing great!
So, when Lake Mead finally dries out, we know who to blame.
Yeah. I was going fast enough to cost a fortune, and slow enough to soak in so that I didn't see it. Crap.
My water bill in August was $250. I thought I had sprung a leak, but no... they just increased the rate. It's crazy. September was a little less and this month back to $50.
My usual bill is between 60 and 90, depending on what kids are around, and stuff like that. This one is over 700! What was unfortunate was that I didn't hear it anywhere in the house, even though the spigot it was coming from is on my bedroom wall. I would have investigated if I had any clue!
Wow!! I was really lucky that the water dept came out and checked my meter and notified me that there was a leak or water running somewhere. Will they let you make payments on it? Sorry for the mess.

(((((Jeff)))))

kat
I will be calling them today! I hope they will let me spread it out.
Wow! $700 is a lot for a water bill.

Is your billing cycle monthly?

Mine is every 2 months and includes sewer. It usually is around $100, but they are bumping up rates. The sewer rate is calculated based upon water consumption in the winter.
$700????? UGH!!! That is a horrible discovery.

Mine is water and sewerage combined and it's usually around $60. Not bad considering there are 3 people in the house showering daily, multiple loads of laundry, dishwasher running nightly, and an elderly woman who uses her fair share also.
It was a bit of a shock!
Oh my! That's a lot! Mine is only about $130 bi-monthly.

I'm surprised they didn't call you to ask about a leak or something!
I think it was read last Wednesday. So they probably should have called last week. So now next month's is going to be high, too. But hopefully not quite so bad!

I've called and left a message (it's a small company, not the city, or anything like that). Waiting to hear from them.
VH,

Thanks for the backup. : )

Hi guys Michelle and Kerry.

Golf...what a way to ruin a walk. wink
Any time, Pirate! I don't really like the way some of those threads in Newcomers are going, but I am not the thread police!

Well, the good news is the lady at the water company pretty much said that as long as I work with them, it's all good. So the plan is an extra $100 a month til it's gone, eight months or so. Not wonderful, but what can you do? It was clearly my responsibility.

Looks like I may have a meeting with a person of the opposite sex later this week. She's 55, but at least in her pictures she doesn't look it. We shall see. Email communication has been nice, so I am a little hopeful, but without expectation! smile
Sucks that you are stuck with that ridiculous bill, but glad you can make payments.

The meet-up sounds good. Always nice to get out. smile
Yeah, it's a big bill, but it was my responsibility. I will have to be more vigilant in the future.

I think the meet-up will be at least pleasant. And that seems like a good start.
Look at it this way...

The 1999 life expectancy in Pima county for males was 74.2 and females was 80.4, therefore, she and you have just about the perfect age difference so as to get to the finish line at about the same time.
Oddly enough, Kerry, without looking up the number, my thinking wasn't far off of that. Though if I found a youngster she could take care of me while I wind down. But I guess that would leave her in a bit of a lurch.

At 55, she might not be into waiting 5 years to decide if she likes me, either! (Assuming I like her.)
Check your water meter for a water leak. The meter will keep running even when faucet is off.

Regarding dating...I have seen 50 year old women that look 30 and I have seen 44 year old women (they claim to be that age) that look 65. Literally. Scarry stuff.

My GF has her name on the back of her neck so I bet that is what it was. My GF told me it was so that the guys doing her would remember her name. Classy!

If she ever breaks up with me I will try to avoid women with tattoos next time LOL. But honestly you cant judge a book by its cover because she is a complete sweetheart.
Tattoos simply say things about her past. Mine has her boys names tattood as well, which I thought was sweet.
I wish the leak was in the meter! But I turned the water off at the house, and the spinning stopped. And the area where the water was running was clearly quite well soaked. I will be keeing an eye on it for a while, though, to make sure there isn't something else going on.

I saw the tattoo up close, it clearly said "Family". It raised my opinion of her.

Based on the pics of this woman, she is closer to the 55 looking 45, but there weren't any real close-ups. It plan to have a nice time in any case. It almost always works.
Looks like it is Friday....
Because:
"I usually do yoga on Weds nights with a bunch of friends. Could we meet Friday night? If I don't do my yoga several nights a week, I get cranky and have strong desires to slap young children and kittens....."

Yes, she does seem witty!
I'm living my social life through you now Jeff. I have no female contacts on radar.
A week ago I didn't either. So I sent out more than my usual number of first contacts over the weekend. There's one more that still might turn into a meeting, though it's been much more deliberate.

I have to admit that I was missing just having someone other than silly kittens to hug.
You can hug all of us! wink

(((Jeff)))
Thanks, (((((Michelle))))). I appreciate it!
Ok, you inspired me. I sent out a couple feeler emails to some ladies. I also notice there is a youthful 55 year old lady checking me out that had sent me an intiguing email a while back..."Hey, your kinda cute. What do you think about cougars?"
Fish on! I got a nice response from a 48 year old. I hope that I dont lose this one right away in the lily pads.
Excellent!
On top of the date I have Friday, I just spent an hour IMing with a woman with the best profile I've read. Unfortunately, she's a bit over an hour away. But we are going to try to get together next Saturday. But I may have to rearrange that, I think I am no the hook to host a to-be-16 year old's birthday party!
And I got a communication from an interesting looking lady on E-Harmony.
Hi, Jeff- just stopping by. When it rains,it pours!

When you have a few prospects going, does it cause you to get pickier about each individually? Just wondering!
(((((newmama)))))
Hi!
In some ways I don't like it pouring! But, I will work with it.

I don't know that when there are multiple prospects I get more picky, but when there are no prospects, I may get less picky. But I try to be pretty picky in all cases.
Some guys have all the luck; the rest of us have TV (and the really rest of us have turtles to talk to- you know who you are) grin
Last weekend I was moping. So I sent more than the usual number of "first contacts". I would have expected two positive responses at best, but I am at three, and that might not be all!

But, it wasn't all luck. I did take active steps.
How is eHarmony? What does it cost? I started to try and find out, but they have you answer about a million questions before you can get anywhere.

I get the feeling that match.com is where the biggest school of fish are.
Hey Kerry.
I agree, if I was only on one, it would be Match.
I don't remember how much eHarmony is. It works totally differently, after you answer those million questions they only send you supposed "matches". So you don't do the searching and weeding the way you do in Match. Then there's a structured communication format that is supposed to give you a chance to know more before you start emailing. I am not totally sold one way or the other.
So are you going out Sat w/ that lady after all or doing the bday party instead?
The calendar is getting messy...

This Friday is L-55.

P-46 proposed next Saturday, the 30th. I have counter-proposed Sunday the 31st, for a picnic, or something like that. I don't think I can let the 16th birthday party go on it's own! Though I may just hide!

Communication with L-45 is proceeding slowly, which is the way of eHarmony.

And there is S-52 on Match. Deliberate communication from her as well, but I think there is still potential.
Dont forget that if you were going to do the quick drive to see PollyAnna that it is a Labour Day on Monday the 25th in New Zealand.

The 31st is Halloween. I have a boy who wants to go trick or treating in one neighborhood with a classmate and a daughter he wants to go to another neighborhood with her best friend classmate. I am going to be an alligator again this year. Or a mouse.
If I am going to get to New Zealand, I'd better start swimming! Though I will have to do some walking first.
Wow, you do have a busy schedule! Who's the 16 year old? Family member, you own child? I"m confused.

A picnic sounds very fun! I've always wanted to have a picnic date but never had one...
Yeah, the almost 16 is my third son! I wasn't so clear, was I?
Are you getting him a brand new car? smirk

Somehow I am not as concerned about my son's 16th in 6 more years as I am about my daughters 16th in 8 more years.

I learned yesterday that since he is a bright 4th grader who goes to the 8th grade math class, there is an 8th grade girl that has a crush on him. A 4 year age difference at that age is huge!
Ummm, he's not getting a car!
He's a pretty good kid, I am not really worried. I really could leave them to their own devices, and everything would be fine. But I don't think it's the right thing to do.

An eighth grade girl with a crush on a forth grader? Something not right about that!
The funny thing is he said he had to let her down.
Oh, my gosh! Now she'll DB him!
VH, does your son have a theme to his party? Or is that something mostly girls do?

My niece wants her 16th to have "Masquerade ball" theme.

Originally Posted By: KerryK
I learned yesterday that since he is a bright 4th grader who goes to the 8th grade math class, there is an 8th grade girl that has a crush on him. A 4 year age difference at that age is huge!

Hilarious!
Kerry - that's too funny. My coworker's son is in mixed-grade classes. He is in 2nd and the 4th grade girls in his class think he is the cutest thing.

I can't believe your kids are getting so big Jeff! Crazy how fast they grow up!
I don't think there is a theme to the party.... I expect it will be, "leave us alone, give us food, and let us play video games"!

His real birthday is tomorrow! And he texted me last night that he will be starting at cornerback in his game tomorrow night, for the first time! I think the good tackles he made in the last game were noticed!
(((((Michelle)))))(((((sol)))))
Yeah, Michelle! My "baby" will be 13 in December!
Got invited to dinner with xw and the "little" guys to celebrate S15(6)'s birthday this evening. It was good to see the kids.

The date that was looking like next Sunday is now this Sunday. But it's not exactly a date. She is bringing her 8 year old to the local roller rink, and I will happen to be there at the same time! What a coincidence! A pretty unique first meeting. It's a little devious, and I kind of like it.
And it was her idea.
She has the best profile I have read, really.

And that was before I even saw the pictures. (I read the profile first on my phone.) She has a bunch of pictures, some with her son, some SCUBA diving, some portraits. And two taken while she is laying on the back of a boat, with her feet hanging off the back, la baseball cap on her head so you can't see her face (hmmm, maybe it isn't her?), in a bathing suit that makes it quite clear that she is, well, well constructed.
Your 'date' sounds exciting! I bet it's pretty unnerving because so many times you see people's pics and they look different than in person. But it's best to have no expectations so it's not a huge let down if things don't pan out. Easier said than done though- for me anyway.
Yeah I've heard scary stories about people meeting someone in person & they did not at ALL look like who they did in their photo. Haha. VH, praying that doesn't hpapen to you. The roller rink has a fun sound to it! Are you going to be skating?
You guys make the dating scene seem so very appealing. ;-)
I had to do a first meetup at Starbucks with my son in tow. I was supposed to drop him off beforehand at his Chinese class, but it was cancelled. I only had 10 minutes before the meetup so I called her while she was on the way and told her the situation. She was cool with it. We met up anyway and the boy was occupied with a puzzle in the table behind us.

Having him along was interesting as the lady was Chinese and they both spoke some Chinese to each other. She and I hit it off, but I did not follow through following the date as she was still going through a divorce. I should have as she was very successful and very attractive.
The separated thing is interesting. When I was separated, and knew there was no chance of getting back together, I was frustrated that some women wouldn't date me. Now, what do you know... I at hesitant, if not totally unwilling to date a separated woman! It's just too close to being an OM.
Everyone that i have met has at least looked pretty much like their photo. Sure, we use the most flattering photo we can dig up, but that's ok. The only major shock was the one that didn't have a photo.

(((((Sol)))))
I don't know if I am going to skate. My first inclination is not to. So that probably means I should. I was thinking of getting S12 to go with me, but he would see right through the subterfuge. But then I would have a reason to be sitting there without skating!

This "date" is a little exciting, in a strange way.
Dont be a baby - put on the skates man...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQcVllWpwGs
That was hilarious!

Me skating would be hilarious, in a totally different way! It's been, oh, probably 28 years, and a ripped up knee since I skated!

But, if one is going to impress the women....
(((((Sol)))))
I don't know if I am going to skate. My first inclination is not to. So that probably means I should. This "date" is a little exciting, in a strange way.

Doooooooo it! Peer pressure! Put the skates on and groove to the music! Maybe they'll even put the strobe lights on. smile
Originally Posted By: soleil
(((((Sol)))))
I don't know if I am going to skate. My first inclination is not to. So that probably means I should. This "date" is a little exciting, in a strange way.

Doooooooo it! Peer pressure! Put the skates on and groove to the music! Maybe they'll even put the strobe lights on. smile

Yeah, the strobe lights on the ambulance! shocked
I've been spending too much time on facebook...I looked for the like button at the bottom of Soleil's post....
Y'all are trying to kill me.
grin
We wont be trying to kill you. You can put all the blame on a fella named Isaac Newton.
Originally Posted By: MichelleLT
I've been spending too much time on facebook...I looked for the like button at the bottom of Soleil's post....

Hehehehe! We should ahve a DB "like" button. I'm not on FB but if I ever do jkoin, I am "friending" all of you!
Yay! smile

I "like" the DB "like" button idea. grin
Two words Jeff......"COUPLES SKATE"!!!!!!!
Hey Jeff -

The Duckies won another one last night. I was surprised to see them go mellow in the 2nd half.
Originally Posted By: mishka422
Two words Jeff......"COUPLES SKATE"!!!!!!!

Zomg! I loved these so much and always wanted this one guy to ask me to skate but alas, it never happened. LOL. Watching the other kids holding hands and couple skating made me feel lonely. LOL. I was a late bloomer in all things though...in roller coupling. Hahaha.
Kerry, they were tired. Ducks have short legs!

Misha... couples' skate, at least one may fall down.
But the other is there to help catch them! Great way to be close without it being forced. give it a shot. smile

kat
Once you fall in your bum in front of someone there isn't much left to be embarassed about is there? LOL

I knew last night was going to be a slaughter, but my poor Bruins looked totally hapless! frown WWAAAAAHHH!!!
Speaking of football last night...
S16! started at corner.

He broke up a pass, thought he should have intercepted, but he did job #1. Next played they double teamed him on a block, laid him out flat. Funny since he is a little guy, and they were both way bigger. He stood his ground on a running play, got plowed, but the guy dropped the ball! Unfortunately the bad guys recovered it. But then on he was getting ready to make a tackle, I couldn't see it, but he says he got hit in the side of the facemask by another helmet. They say he didn't have a concussion, but he had a headache, and didn't play any more. I haven't talked to him today, but since I haven't heard from xw, I expect he is ok.
Who won?

What is your son's school mascot name?
The good guys (the Ravens) got whacked (I think it ended 44-8) by the Gophers!
Ha Ha! Too funny. My high school was the Gresham Gophers.

Go-For-It!
They had a vote in 1902 on what to be called..."gophers" or "black berry pickers". What a choice!
Mine was the Surrattsville Hornets!
Surrattsville Rats would have sounded better.
Yeah... I don't think the cheerleaders would have like that!

Go Rats!
Well, my date last night was a 7.5. (That's a rating of the date, not the woman!) She was really nice, we had fun talking, laughed quite a bit. I think we will see each other again. It's one of the few dates that has left me uncertain about whether there was a mutual spark or not. I think there could be, hence wanting to see her again.

Tomorrow's roller rink date is in jeopardy. The son spent the last two days home from school sick. If he improves, we are still on, if not, obviously, the whole basis for the date falls apart!

There are two other women I am in contact with that I think are heading in the direction of being dates as well. Hopefully the situation continues to be manageable!
Just got the word that tomorrow's date seems to be coming down with the crud as well, time to reschedule!
I'm hoping you get the rare 2nd date.

Last night, I sent a travel question advice email to the lady I saw over a week ago who had not responded to my post meetup email. Turns out she did reply saying that she enjoyed meeting me, but I somehow never got the email. That sure puts my mind at ease as it sure seemed like we had a connection when we met.

I hope your son gets better and teaches his old man how to do the roller derby.
Darn about the crude!
I have found over the past week that Yahoo! seems to assume that gmail is spam, until the address is in the address book. I've had two cases where I almost didn't get emails that were, well, clearly sent! So now I actually have to check the spam box, which I rarely looked at.

It seems that a second date is likely, we are negotiating the day now. She's going to Portland next weekend to visit her daughter, who is going to school up there, so we are trying to sneak a dinner in before she goes.

I really want to meet the woman with the crud! Her profile blew me away!
I have found over the past week that Yahoo! seems to assume that gmail is spam, until the address is in the address book. I've had two cases where I almost didn't get emails that were, well, clearly sent! So now I actually have to check the spam box, which I rarely looked at.

Sometimes I send email reminders to myself and Yahoo marks them spam too!
It does seem to be a little over-efficient at times.
I want more spam!
Don't tell anyone! I bought some boxes or mac and cheese and a can of Spam the other night.... comfort food, I think!

Can I have the Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Baked Beans, and Spam, please?
My son loves Spam.

There are a lot of good games going on today...

Auburn vs LSU
Wisconsin vs Iowa
Nebraska vs Oklahoma St
Oklahoma vs Missouri
and...
Dogs vs Cats in your town.

The Ducks are sitting back most likely rooting for Missouri to do an upset.
If the Cats don't play better, the Dawgs will whoop them.
That QB Jake Locker for the dawgs is pretty good. I had heard that Joe Montana's son Nick is a promising high school QB that is commited to be a Husky next year.
Locker looked tough against the Beavers last week. I don't know if the Cats have an answer for that.
Good games so far.

The Hawkeye coach made a huge mistake of calling a timeout right before they were about to spike it. The Badgers are doing pretty good this year. I do hope that the Hawkeyes beat the Spartans next week. I wont say that to my golf instructor since he is a Spartan. They barely squeaked by the Wildcats today with a great come back.

Another good one today is TCU and Airforce.

Auburn still has to play the Tide at the end of the season at the Bryant-Denny stadium. Who knows how that on will turn out.
Why on earth did they call the timeout? The QB had them to the line. It might not have worked, but they had given themselves a chance.
There is a neutering of dogs going on tonight. And they are doing it without Dr Foles.
I am a bit surprised, but not disappointed!
Why does Foles have his uniform and pads on?
Poor doggies.
I've got no idea. I can't believe they would put him in, no matter what. It sounds like he is supposed to practice next week, but I don't think he will play against UCLA. But Stanford, the next week, I think he will be back.

This is the best the Cats have played since the Iowa game, might be better than that, overall.
They are the second best team in the PAC 10. If the Ducks go undefeated and on the the NC, I see the Wildcats playing in the Rose Bowl.

Wildcats do still have tough games against Stanford, USC and the Ducks to play.
The schedule is tough. But then everyone's schedule in the PAC-10 is tough. In some ways, as strange as it sounds, getting to the Rose Bowl might mean more here than getting to the title game. But it's still a long way off.

I agree that they are the second best team, when they play their game. We will see if they do that down the stretch!
My dream is to see Northwestern play Arizona someday in the Rose Bowl. A cat fight. Something all guys want to see.

You cant convince me otherwise...The Ducks winning the national title game would be right up there with the Trailblazers winning the NBA title in 1977. We need some optimism and unity here in rainy Oregon. Otherwise, all we got is coffee and Nike shooes.
My God! Cant they fix the Edit button. I mispelled shoes. Probably because I am getting webbed feet.
Originally Posted By: KerryK
My God! Cant they fix the Edit button. I mispelled shoes. Probably because I am getting webbed feet.

God could fix it but I don't think he's going to because Sunday is the day of rest!
Too funny about all your dates!

And I saw that bit about mac & cheese..... wink
© DivorceBusting.com