Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: smith18 A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 06:41 PM
I want to follow the thread size rules like Jack Three Beans does so well. I do wonder at times if he was a brown noser in the Coast Guard. Nah! I suspect he is the master of his fate - the captain of his soul. Good man that J3B.

I could not think of a fancy thread title so I will just repeat the buzz phrase that Microsoft keeps hounding me with when they email or call to coerce me to update my MSDN/Visual Studio subscription.

Fun weekend planned with the kids. Zoo on Saturday afternoon. Winterhawks hockey behind the goal on Saturday night. Some cub scout achievement work is planned - my son will be cooking. USA against Canada men's hockey on Sunday - millionares playing millionares. We will put my homemade trap out at night to try and capture a racoon or possum. My Cookbook says that you only eat possum during the winter - I suspect the same may apply with coons. It is kind of like Christmas for the kids when they wakeup to go check the trap to see what we caught.
Posted By: BobbiJo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 06:53 PM
Oh, Kerry--You had me, until the possum trap. Otherwise, sounds like a good weekend! smile
Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 06:55 PM
Thanks Kerry.

I was dependable, I didn't complain (much), and I told it like it was. To some degree the successful noncoms have to be brown-nosers, but not 'yes men'. If you know what I mean. Sometimes it is not only "Who you know, but who you blow."

I got accussed of being a brown noser once, and my reply was to use that quote above. And then go on to say, "You make their job harder than it needs to be, you're a lazy slacker looking out for yourself, maybe you should think about that while you're cleaning the bildges and I'm making eyes splices."

Your weekend sounds awesome!

You really going to cook up opossum?
Posted By: bright_new_day Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 06:55 PM
Ew!
Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 06:58 PM
Quote:

Did you consider what you did during the MLC to save your marriage as being a doormat?

Didn't want to ignore, just didn't want to get others possibly off topic.

Yes. Alot of it. I know the reasons, but yeah.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 07:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans
You really going to cook up opossum?

I'm tempted to try it - once. There are some interesting recipes: http://www.redneckpossum.com/PossumRecipes.htm

I believe the reason you eat em in the winter is so that when you skin em that you dont end up finding live baby possums in the pouch.
Posted By: bright_new_day Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 07:16 PM
:::thud::: (I just fainted when I read that.)
Posted By: Drew Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 07:18 PM
Originally Posted By: KerryK
I know you have stated that if your W were to repeat, that is it for you. Great boundary, and since your W knows, it is a deterrent of sorts.

I'm pretty sure Jack doesn't use it as a deterrent.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 07:30 PM
Originally Posted By: bright_new_day
:::thud::: (I just fainted when I read that.)

Suzy, I dont understand. Your from Virginia. The North American possum is called the Virginia Opossum. Why is it any different than beef, lobster, chicken, or pig? It is not even possible for them to get rabies because their body temp is too low.

I have heard that hillbillies are getting lazy and turning to high tech now days instead of catching their own. They are resorting to just picking up the road kill ones for supper.

Maybe it is the fact the possums are seen dead on the side of the road so often that people dont consider them a good food source. Heck, I see dead deer along the road - why dont people think the same way about deer? There is a place along the way to the coast that sells road kill venison and elk jerky - I've bought it and it is pretty darn good.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 07:47 PM
How to say, "I Love You" in 25 languages:

English: I Love You
Spanish: te amo
French: Je T'aime
German: Ich Liebe Dich
Thai: Phom rak khun
Japanese: Ai Shite Imasu
Italian: Ti amo
Chinese: Wo Ai Ni
Swedish: Jag Alskar

Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, North Carolina, South Carolina. Georgia, Tennessee, Missouri, Mississippi, Louisiana, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, and parts of Florida :

Nice Butt , Get in the truck
Posted By: bright_new_day Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 07:59 PM
My X hunted. I have butchered more damn deer than you can imagine. One year he bagged 5. He always refused to take them to a butcher because "you couldn't be sure you would get your own deer meat back." Hmmmm, paranoid and mistrusting much?! And he was always soooo busy, that I ended up doign the work so that the meat wouldn't spoil! But I drew the line at squirrels, and he never hunted any other animals!

Oh, and last month there was a possum in my garage eating my cat's food and it scared the bejeesus out of me!!! It did not look like something I would want to eat!!!
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 08:06 PM
When my mother in law from Thailand was visiting and saw her first possum in our back yard, she thought it was the biggest rat she had ever seen. And they have some big rats in SE Asia.

Do you have Nutria in Virginia? We got lots of them here. They cause damage to dikes. I have heard, that just like porcupine, there is no good way to cook them to make them palatable.
Posted By: figgeroni Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 08:07 PM
I have helped butcher but never did a whole one on my own...
birds for sure
and fish (I cook em' fillet em' and debone em...pan fish like sunnies are my favorite)

my dad has made squirrel boooooooooja (I know that isn't how you spell it but I like to say it that way)

but, I like mine from the grocery store best (except for fish)
Posted By: Coach Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 08:50 PM
Quote:
Do you have Nutria in Virginia? We got lots of them here. They cause damage to dikes. I have heard, that just like porcupine, there is no good way to cook them to make them palatable.

We got em here by the boatload.

Quote:
Nutria Ragondin Sausage Jambalaya

Recipe by: Mattie Harris

2 lbs diced ragondin (nutria) meat
1 lb smoked sausage
1/4 c. oil
2 onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 c. rice
1 T Lea & Perrin's Worchestershire sauce
1 c. Rotel tomatoes
3 c. water
Salt & pepper (to taste)

Heat oil in large dutch oven. Brown nutria meat and sausage. Remove from pot. Add all other ingredients except rice. Simmer for 20 minutes. Return meat to pot. Cook 2-3 hours or until meat is tender. Add rice and bring to boil. Stir and cover. Cook over low heat for 35-40 minutes. Eat and enjoy! Serves 6 to 8.

Click here to return to nutria recipies.
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 09:03 PM
Kerry,
Please send the possum skins my way. XH started purchasing MLC toupees a couple of years ago. Yep, he joined The Hair Club. They are very similar to possum hides...he certainly could save lots of money if he didn't buy those hides and hunted them instead! Heck, I've seen some of them that even road kill looks just as well. grin
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 09:12 PM
Those Nutria are like Beavers without the flat tail. My dog had a run in with a big one and killed it, but not before it had a chance to sink its long orange teeth into her neck. After I got my dog back to my boat (anchoring overnight on Columbia), I tried to do first aid on her but she kept tearing the gauze off which did not stick too well to her hair. So I used duct tape around her head. Pretty funny sight. And the vet had a real tough time getting the tape off to stitch her up - they had to cut her hair. That dog of mine was a wild thing - worst incident was a porcupine - cost me over $500 to get all the quills out of her body.

This last summer, the kids and I saw thousands of wild chickens on Kauai. I was curious whether they would be good for eating and came across this recipe:

Originally Posted By: Kauai Wild Chicken Recipe
1 Kauai wild chicken
1 large onion
1 bunch seasoning spices of your choosing
1 large rock
Salt and pepper

Put all ingredients into a large covered pot. Simmer over a low flame for several hours. Remove the rock. Discard the chicken. Eat the rock.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 09:15 PM
Yoyo - Has your X looked into velcro implants?
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 09:17 PM
Sounds like a tasty rock!
Posted By: bright_new_day Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 09:25 PM
I don't think we have nutria here. I have never heard of them.

I can't tell you how much I hated cuting up the venison. He would do the major cutting. I would end up with the four quarters to butcher, wrap, and freeze. My hands would be stained red and the smell of blood would linger with me for days. Don't miss that at all!!!
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 09:26 PM
Kids thinking of wild animals as kittens...

http://thrilltone.com/pics/possum.jpg

http://www.animated-glitter-graphics.com/images/kitties2.jpg
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 09:32 PM
My father hunted mule deer. I never got an interest in it. Venison is kind of strange tasting for me. And it just seemed like way too much work to drive 350 miles to eastern oregon, scout out, locate, shoot, field dress, get it home (with the head on the front of the car!) and then butcher it. For what? Maybe 80-100 pounds of boneless meat if it was a good sized muley (200+).
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 09:41 PM
Originally Posted By: bright_new_day
I don't think we have nutria here. I have never heard of them.

Oh you got them! They are an introduced species that has done vast devastation to the Chesapeake Bay marsh areas.
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 10:47 PM
Yoyo - Has your X looked into velcro implants?

He wears a glue on job that gets replaced once a month. blush
Posted By: The Wifey Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 10:59 PM
You guys crack me up.
Posted By: bright_new_day Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 11:21 PM
Now I am going to have to Google nutria!

I never liked the taste of venison either. I would make jerky out of it, or put it in the crock pot with b-b-q sauce all day to cover the taste. After X moved out I threw away the venison left in the freezer. I never want to cook it again!!!
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/19/10 11:28 PM
Here is a very informative link about Nutria:

http://www.iisgcp.org/EXOTICSP/nutria.htm

We have that tobasco guy to thank for their invasion.
Posted By: bright_new_day Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/20/10 12:25 AM
It looks like an ugly guinea pig with a tail. Ick!
Posted By: Walking Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/20/10 04:33 AM
Possum story ....

Driving out bush this week ... me and 4 Countrymen in the car going to a really remote Homeland outstation.

It's the wet season here so not much hunting ... too much long grass, rivers fast and deep, difficult to see the wallaby, kangaroo and pigs ...

Bad road ... corrugated, praying I won't blow a tyre (it's 36 degrees celsius, 90% humidity and muddy, very very muddy)

Concentrating on getting us there in one piece, concentrating on 4WD skills, keeping speed reasonable, but quick enough so we’ll make the place by dark … and a possum ran out on the road – a big one (I actually thought it was a small pig at first). Bang. Oops.

This white girl terribly upset. Countrymen yelling at me “stop the car, stop the car Ms, you-need-stop-this-one-motor-car-right-now-sista-girl.“

By this stage I’m really worried that possum is possibly one of their totems … and if I’ve killed it, the kadaicha man is going to be on my tail (black magic/payback … DRAMA)

Nah … they couldn’t believe their luck. Tucker. One of the men jumped out, ran back to inspect the damage. The possum wasn’t quite dead, so he speared him in the head and threw him in the back of the ute.

We dined on possum stew when we finally made it – the family out there were thrilled, they reckon they were sick of turtle eggs and needed some meat!!!!

Of course I'll be spending a good part of the weekend cleaning possum guts out of the back of my truck!!
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/20/10 07:48 AM
Virginia - that sounds like miserable muggy weather conditions. Are the bugs out during the wet season?

I suspect you hit a Brushtail Possum which eats mostly leaves but occasionally eats small rodents.

How was the stew?

I just looked it up... In the western hemisphere they are called opossum and the eastern hemisphere (Australia) they are called possum. The Australia possum is definitely a lot cuter then the ugly ones we have.

I really feel sorry for the momma opossum that has to carry all those kids around on her back...

http://wildlifemysteries.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/opossum-clan.jpg

My kids were wondering what I am going to do if we catch a skunk.
Posted By: bright_new_day Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/20/10 06:05 PM
Kerry, if you catch a skunk you will be bathing in tomato juice!!! LOL

The possum in my garage was mean looking and I ran back into the house!
Posted By: BobbiJo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/20/10 07:11 PM
Kerry--if you catch a skunk, you are screwed... laugh Hope you have a very long stick to release the trap. Our old dog in K.C. got sprayed several times, and a couple times I would go out to check on her in the night and pet her without realizing (we were thick with skunks in our blackberry shrubs so our yard smelled skunky most nights).

Ever pet a dog, realize she is wet, then realize you just ran your hand through skunk spray?? sick sick eek

Possum used to come right up on our deck in the country. Dan killed one once in the driveway with a shovel. They have nasty teeth, so look out!
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/26/10 06:57 PM
At my lesson last night I tried various clubs for possible purchase...

Ping G15
Taylormade R9
Cobra UFI (Ultimate Forgiveness Irons)
Cobra S2
Nike

Of those tried, it is a toss up between the Cobra S2 or the Taylormade R9. I am going back tonight to experiment some more.

I will have to figure out what to get next for fairway woods and a hybrid. And I need a new bag as mine really sucks.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/27/10 05:33 AM
I spent some time tonight at the range with the Taylormade R9, Taylormade Burner and Cobra S2. I like the Taylormade R9 best.

I was testing with a 6 iron and was getting around 140 yards carry on average. That seems very short for what I see the pros do, but I understand it is more important to have consistency and knowing what club to dial in for a particular distance. Also, range balls are probably 10 yards less than actual good balls.

So I am thinking for my bag and distances:

Putter
Sand - 90
Gap - 100
PW - 110
9 - 120
8 - 130
7 - 140
6 - 150
5 - 160
4 hybrid - 180
3 hybrid - 200
3 wood - 220
driver - 240 or more
Posted By: Virtually_Handsome Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/27/10 05:51 AM
Hmmmm.... I only count 13!

I'm trying to figure out where the hole is. I'd be tempted to carry a three or four iron, not necessarily to hit full shots with, but for punches from under trees, or even longish chips. (I'm inclined to chip from near the green where some would putt. I think flying over the stuff that's not the green, but then getting the ball rolling, is better than chancing getting stuck.) The other option would be a 60 degree wedge, maybe never to hit a full shot with (I think that's a bear) but for hopping over bunkers when there's no green to work with.

When I'm hitting right, I find my gaps are more like 12-15 yards, and my 8 goes 140-145, but we are pretty similar.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/27/10 06:49 AM
Thanks Jeff.

Good point about the punch shot.

I have practiced some of those high pitch shots by opening the face on my sand wedge and shifting my aim to compensate. Not too bad, but when it goes wrong, it is not pretty.

I still consider myself a major beginner, but I seem to handle the driver ok. My favorite iron is the 8 which my shots go 140 when I put a little more effort, but my consistency goes down so I strive for a more slow smooth relaxed stroke.
Posted By: john210 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/27/10 03:01 PM
Hey Kerry, I like the 60 degree wedge idea. As far as punch outs and chips, you can usea 5 iron and close the face or even the hybrid....i have seen it done.

The fact that you are trying out clubs scares me a little....I may start believing in astrology.....I actually did the same but I bought some. I got a great deal on a set of irons (adams a4 forged / last years model) they come with a 3 and 4 hybrid and 5 - PW irons. That will complement my 52 / 56 and 60 deg. cleveland wedges.
Finally I sprung for Ping G15 driver and 3 wood. I should be all set for the season......
Posted By: Virtually_Handsome Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/27/10 06:09 PM
I find that when I get the smooth swing, the ball goes farther. I expect it's just a matter of time!

I debate back and forth on the 4 iron vs. the 60... presently the 4 iron is in the bag, and the 60 in the trunk, but for a while last year it was the other way round. I rarely take a full 4 iron swing, but an easy half swing can stay pretty low and cover a lot of distance. the 60 drives me mad, I get tempted hit full shots with it, and it's just too hard to be consistent!
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/27/10 06:11 PM
I am going to have to try out the Adams A4 as they get good reviews and come in the configuration I am looking for. I think they are classified as game improvement clubs.

Are you scared because you also shopped for clubs at the same time? Remember, we are birth brothers - with hot moms. BTW... My mom is on the Big Island right now bracing for the big tsunami from the Chile earthquake.
Posted By: sandycay Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/27/10 08:49 PM
that's amazing... STBH just called to tell me they are expecting some effects to come all the way up to the Straits up here?
Posted By: cw68 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/27/10 09:52 PM
I am going to have to try out the Adams A4 as they get good reviews and come in the configuration I am looking for. I think they are classified as game improvement clubs.
I bought a set of Adams two years ago, love 'em.
Posted By: john210 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/28/10 02:50 AM
Kerry go with this year's model A7s or the oversize version; more of a game improvement club
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/28/10 03:50 AM
After distributing Goodwill bags door to door with S9 and the cub scouts, I spent most of the afternoon with a guy at the golf demo center. We found and got fitted for the perfect clubs for me! And I also got a new putter (using putting lab technology), some balls and a lightweight bag. The technology they use to help one decide is amazing.

What I got:

PW to 5 iron - Taylormade (09) Burner
4 and 3 hybrid - Adams Idea aA70s
3 Wood - Ping G15
Putter - Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth 2

The bag is a superlight Sun Mountain with Portland Trailblazer colors. I am still going to have my Winnie the Pooh towel hanging off it just to keep myself weird. I sure would not mind having a bag like Rodney Dangerfield had in CaddyShack.

I tried a bunch of different irons, but I was hitting the Burners at least 10 yards further than any others I tried and my consistency was very good with them. Great irons!

My launch angle for woods is low, but the Ping has a higher loft which should help me considerably.

With my existing Taylormade R7 driver, Titlest 50 degree gap and Wilson 55 sand wedge, I have 13 clubs. I will play a bit before deciding what else to get - 4 iron or 60 degree.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/28/10 08:45 AM
Nick Faldo is amazed at the extra distance he gets from the Burner irons...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Q3TWEEiHM
Posted By: john210 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/28/10 02:16 PM
wow..great choices...

You should have sprung also for the G15 driver...like i did.
By the way nothing wrong with carrying 13 clubs..no rush.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 02/28/10 06:47 PM
I will have my instructor let me try a G15 at the next lesson. We can us Trackman to analyze to see if it a good step up from my R7 which I got for $150 a couple years ago. I looked and the G15 driver and wood gets great reviews. The Ping hybrids - not so well.
Posted By: john210 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/01/10 12:18 AM
I thought you said you purchased adams hybrids.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/01/10 01:51 AM
I did get the Adams hybrids - they are great. I was just commenting on the reviews I read about the Ping hybrids.
Posted By: BobbiJo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/01/10 01:53 AM
Looking out at the snow-covered golf course near me today, I was really wanting it to be spring already....
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/01/10 03:26 AM
You still have snow? It is spring here. We had one day of snow all winter. And I am futher north than you. Strange how the weather works
Posted By: john210 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/01/10 04:04 AM
I think we had one major storm up here this winter!!!! AWESOME
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/01/10 06:29 AM
It must just be Iowa that is getting snow this year.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/01/10 12:12 PM
I beg to differ... I've reached peak performance on my snow angels and am training for my snow devils.
Posted By: ernest88 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/01/10 02:05 PM
My kind of thread...starts out with Opossums...then nutria...then golf clubs...then snow..

I know a few people who have had opossum but I have never tried it..they say it tastes like chicken.. grin

Nutria are all along the sounds of the Outer banks..we see them often when we surf fish..

Boo yeah on the golf clubs...

snow...I'm sick of it..where Michele lives we have not seen the ground since dec. 18th...
Posted By: BobbiJo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/01/10 04:43 PM
We have not seen the ground since the second week of December here, there are still drifts up to 4-5 feet in the country but in town we are down to about 6-8 inches in most places...

Hoping that will change with the mid 30s to 40 we should finally get this week.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/01/10 04:51 PM
The only thing covering my golf course is....CANADIAN GEESE. Those things are even out on the driving range - gives a guy something to aim for.
Posted By: BobbiJo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/01/10 05:13 PM
I would hate tracking through their crap on the fairways...
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/01/10 08:01 PM
A happy divorce story...

She spent the first day packing her personal belongings into boxes, crates and suitcases. On the second day, she had the movers come and collect her things. On the third day, she sat down for the last time at their beautiful dining room table by candlelight, put on some soft background music and feasted on a pound of shrimp, a jar of caviar, and a bottle of Chardonnay.

When she had finished, she went into each and every room and deposited a few half-eaten shrimp shells dipped in caviar into the hollow of the curtain rods. She then cleaned up the kitchen and left.

When the husband returned with his new girlfriend, all was bliss for the first few days. Then slowly, the house began to smell. They tried everything; cleaning and mopping and airing the place out. Vents were checked for dead rodents and carpets were steam cleaned. Air fresheners were hung everywhere. Exterminators were brought in to set off gas canisters, during which they had to move out for a few days. In the end they even paid to replace the expensive wool carpeting.

Nothing worked.

People stopped coming over to visit. Repairmen refused to work in the house. The maid quit.

Finally, they could not take the stench any longer and decided to move. A month later, even though they had cut their price in half, they could not find a buyer for their stinky house. Word got out and, eventually, even the local realtors refused to return their calls.

Finally, they had to borrow a huge sum of money from the bank to purchase a new place. The ex-wife called the man and asked how things were going. She told him she missed her old home terribly and would be willing to reduce her divorce settlement in exchange for getting the house back. Knowing his ex-wife had no idea how bad the smell was, he agreed on a price that was about 1/10th of what the house had been worth, but only if she were to sign the papers that very day. She agreed and within the hour, his lawyers delivered the paperwork.

A week later, the man and his new girlfriend stood smirking as they watched the moving company pack everything to take to their new home. Including the curtain rods.
Posted By: BobbiJo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/01/10 08:05 PM
Love it!!!
Posted By: Kalni Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/01/10 09:34 PM
LOL Kerry!!! That was great! Now, how can we "adjust" the basic idea to use on some of the sitches here of our dear friends?
K
Posted By: Gypsy Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/01/10 11:50 PM
Hey Kerry..

Is it true what you mentioned on Giovanni's thread..

If so..........

Happy Birthday to youuuu
Happy Birthday to yooooouuuuu
Happy Birthday dear Kerry..

Happy Birthday to YoouUUuUuUuUuu..

Fifty is nifty!

*hugs*
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/01/10 11:57 PM
No. John, Joe Montana and myself all have our birthday on the same day in June which happens to be King Kamehameha (or KK) day Hawaii. It is also the day the World Cup starts.

BTW... Are you fifty yet?
Posted By: john210 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/02/10 06:43 PM
not yet....won't be for another couple of years....
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/02/10 06:45 PM
That question was directed at Gypsy. I know that John is still a young guy.
Posted By: john210 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/02/10 06:46 PM
oh sorry....by the way loved that story about the stench....
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/04/10 10:41 PM
I picked up my new clubs today. They are on display for my fellow geeks at work to drool and fondle.

Is it standard that new clubs dont come with a users manual?

Should I have a priest do something with the clubs before I use them?
Posted By: Virtually_Handsome Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/05/10 01:11 AM
A little holy water couldn't hurt!
Posted By: ernest88 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/05/10 02:24 PM
Quote:
I picked up my new clubs today. They are on display for my fellow geeks at work to drool and fondle.

first off...you should never let another "choppottumus" fondle your golf clubs...

I played with an assistant pro of my home course, back in the day when i could play, anyway..worse ass peelings I ever saw were when someone touched his clubs...

Holy water...and lots of it...you may also want a baptist preacher to baptise the clubs before you start also..
Posted By: BeginningAgain Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/05/10 02:42 PM
Originally Posted By: M from Tennessee
Quote:

first off...you should never let another "choppottumus" fondle your golf clubs...

I agree with Mike - no indiscriminate fondling of the golf clubs. Perhaps you should have the Priest do a full-fledged exorcism of the clubs to root out the evil spirits "hook, slice, and worm-burner" which may have been passed on by the want-a-be duffers who touched your clubs. grin
Posted By: Gypsy Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/05/10 04:29 PM
User Manual: New Clubs with new Geek foreword (at the end)

Congratulations on your brand new clubs. And since you have this manual in hand you must need it.

Any and all clubs may be blessed, exorcised, prayed over, faith healed, etc. However, no clubs are allowed to touch the earth during the cleansing process. Remember, your ass is trash unless the club's on the grass.

To ensure optimal performance each club group should be initiated individually. There is reason why each has its own name.

Driver: Choose the location to strap that long lean club in using your vehicle's seat belt. If you're tentative about its performance, select the passenger side. If confident, put the driver in the driver's seat. Go for a ride. Removing the club cover is optional.

Woods: Woods have become somewhat confused, no longer made from trees but still named after them. There are various woods initiations as follows:

Partaking in an oxymoron.. like stirring jumbo shrimp with the non wood woods

Walking through a forest while singing "Men in Tights" (to alleviate future tight lies) or

Going to Vegas a la Tiger for the ultimate tight lie.

Flexibility has always been a hallmark of fine wood...s.

Irons: Place a wrinkled pair of cotton boxers on an ironing board. Heat the irons with an iron. Once hot, use the minimum amount of strokes to smooth the boxers with the aforementioned club. Keep track. The number of strokes will reflect the total for a hole.

..to be continued...
Posted By: kat727 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/05/10 04:38 PM
ROFLMAO!!! smile

kat
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/05/10 05:01 PM
You all are too funny!

At least I did not let anyone touch my new putter... http://www.golfclubshow.com/images/White-Ice-Sabertooth.jpg
Posted By: john210 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/05/10 05:25 PM
nice putter..........

That's what she said at the company picnic ...bada bing!

Thank you very much... i am here all week ....try the veal.....don't forget to tip the waitress.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/05/10 05:29 PM
One thing I like about my new putter is that it can pick up balls.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/05/10 06:03 PM
The kids and I are attending another Winterhawks hockey game tonight. This time it is in the bigger high tech Rose Garden (where the Trailblazers play) instead of the old Memorial Colisium. I got 2nd row seats in the corner as I think that could be a great view - plus a lot of glass crashing and fights occur there.

I am going to have to visit the Rosebud dance team cheerleaders before the game and get a poster with autographs. For the sake of my daughter.
Posted By: Steve McQueen Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/05/10 06:53 PM
Damn you! how did you know? lolo
Posted By: sandycay Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/05/10 10:50 PM
Way to sacrifice yourself, Kerry.... for your daughter and all!
Posted By: Virtually_Handsome Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/06/10 12:08 AM
What a Dad!
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/06/10 12:57 AM
Thank you, although it is a huge sacrifice, I know I am doing the right thing since my daughter really likes dancers.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/06/10 06:47 AM
Darn! Spokane Chiefs beat us 4 to 0. We have very good seats though and got to see our goalie get burned.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/15/10 01:39 PM
Good answer Gypsy!
Posted By: john210 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/15/10 01:42 PM
why do you have two threads???
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/15/10 03:39 PM
I had thought the other one was locked as it was getting pretty full.

This is my current thread.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/15/10 08:54 PM
I just got corner front row Winterhawk hockey playoff tickets for the kids and myself. I must remember to take my camera so as to get some video of the kids beating on the glass and heckling the opposing (Spokane Chiefs) goalie.

I love when they play this at the start of each game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uNvIXdj-_g

Strangely enough, the lady I met yesterday grew up in Spokane.

Posted By: Gypsy Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/15/10 10:38 PM
I remember going to hockey games after college with a friend who taught me the importance of sitting close enough to the glass to be an avid rabid fan.

I still had too much of the Magnolia Blossom genteel belle about me to fully hoot and holler.. but I did my best. Quite the wimp in the overall scheme of things, but it was quite an insight into the total experience.

When a player throws his popped out tooth to you.. well.. then you know you're a becoming a real fan.

*hugs*

Did your lady friend go to Gonzaga?
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/15/10 10:59 PM
I seem to remember that you were a Bulldog. But a bit before the John Stockton era.

The lady friend did not attend Gonzaga as I think she was marooned in Iowa by her minister after high school.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/16/10 12:29 AM
Kerrrry..

Johnny Boy kissed this Gypsy girl...

I was probably the only person that ever asked him if he felt forced into that whole basketball thing and was it keeping him from doing what he really wanted to or developing other interests.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/16/10 05:19 AM
Gypsy, you should have tried harder to have John find another interest. There were many times, as a Portland Trailblazer fan, that I could have done without the pick and roll duo of John Stockton and Karl Malone playing for the Jazz.

When I drove into Salt Lake City the summer before last with my kids, they were wondering why they heard daddy groaning when I noticed streets named after that duo. And to top it off, as we passed by the Delta Center, I spotted these statues...

http://www.jazzcrap.com/oth-jazzstatues.html

To put into perspective how great of a player Stockton was, the NBA record he holds for most career assists (15,806) is 5000 ahead of the next guy on the list.
Posted By: Kalni Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/16/10 10:11 AM
I always read your threads Kerry because I learn things about native Americans!!! Thanks!!!
K
Posted By: Gypsy Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 03/16/10 11:15 AM
And let's not forget the positive impact he had on Gonzaga basketball. A tiny school which broke into March madness not because they had basketball superstars, but because they played as a team, intelligently, like Stockton.

And I think seeing how hard a successful NBA player worked while practicing on their court didn't hurt either.

*hugs*
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/22/10 10:57 PM
So my XW brought her mother and neice to the USA for a stay of 3 weeks. The day my X MIL arrived, she gave me a nice shirt, short pants and a very beautiful 24K gold pot/flower emblem encased in glass.

Today I went to my daughters school for a going away party for her student teacher and my X MIL was there. I gave her some pants of mine to hem and fix the zipper on as she is great at making and fixing clothes, plus, XW says she has nothing to do at her house. Also, X MIL wants to take me out and buy me lunch tomorrow. That should be interesting as she speaks only a few words of english and my Thai is not good enough for conversation. I will try to print out some pictures of the kids for her that I have taken since the divorce.

I am (and was) pretty lucky on having a great mother in law. And I realize that she too must miss me. I guess the moral of the story is to get past the divorce and old relationships dont have to end.

XW and I get along great coparenting also. I had a nice talk yesterday on routines each of us do with the kids when we have them. It sounds like she is a bit more strict on their routines and responsibilities. I may follow her lead as there are times I think the kids take advantage of me a bit too much and get a bit lazy because they know that dad will take care of it.
Posted By: john210 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/22/10 11:56 PM
Hey Kerry, are you hitting on another asian lady????
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/23/10 12:18 AM
Too funny John! No way in hell do I want to be a step dad to my XW. That would also make me a grandfather to my own kids. And 69 year old Ed would be my son in law. crazy

G50 is asian but I only chat with her once in a while. I got me focus on C49 (pasty white girl) and may have a dinner on Saturday and hike with her dogs on Sunday.
Posted By: john210 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/23/10 12:24 AM
Maybe you should get on the attack mode like Kalni and skip the hike!!!
Posted By: lodo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/23/10 12:30 AM
I got me focus on C49 (pasty white girl) and may have a dinner on Saturday and hike with her dogs on Sunday.

Don't you want to hike with her instead of her dogs?
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/23/10 12:30 AM
Originally Posted By: John210
Maybe you should get on the attack mode like Kalni and skip the hike!!!

No way! Not before I meet her dogs.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/23/10 12:32 AM
Originally Posted By: lodo
I got me focus on C49 (pasty white girl) and may have a dinner on Saturday and hike with her dogs on Sunday.

Don't you want to hike with her instead of her dogs?

This whole English written language is for the dogs!
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/23/10 12:33 AM
You guys are getting me all confused and I have a golf lesson in 25 minutes!
Posted By: lodo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/23/10 12:35 AM

This whole English written language is for the dogs!

11100000001010000001111 10001011111101010 1010100 10000111100001 10001 111110 00011111
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/23/10 04:11 AM
Good one lodo! And appropriate considering how much bit twiddling type of programming I do.
Posted By: BobbiJo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/23/10 06:31 AM
Kerry, Glad you are on such good terms with xmil despite the language barrier. She obv still holds you in high esteem as well she should!

Enjoy the weekend with pasty white lady...and her dogs! wink
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/26/10 04:56 PM
The dogs were very nice.
Posted By: ernest88 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/26/10 05:03 PM
Quote:
The dogs were very nice.

di you "get lucky" and get your leg humped by the dogs?
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/26/10 05:17 PM
No leg humping. I was in charge of walking the female dog and she walked the 2 males.
Posted By: john210 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/26/10 05:29 PM
Let me guess the female dog was an Akita or a Jindu?

So how was the hike, how were the views???
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/26/10 05:56 PM
The female dog was a Jack Russel. The males were a miniture black poodle and a Peek-a-Poo.

The hike was at interconnected multi-city parks near my house. She had never been to those parks before and I think she enjoyed it.

I am a shy slow moving fool in that I ended our dinner date and the hike date with a handshake. I just enjoy establishing friendship first before pushing for anything further.
Posted By: BobbiJo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/26/10 08:33 PM
Big doings around these parts. Speculation that Creighton's Coach Altman is "Ducking" Creighton for Oregon. Yep, that was the headline... whistle

He was literally chased by cameras pulling out of the Creighton campus as they questioned if he was really leaving, but he did not answer...

It's ok re. the date....I like a quick hug v. a handshake, but it is better than rushing in too soon for a kiss! Leave her wanting more... smile
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/26/10 08:50 PM
It is one of the beautiful things in life when a Bluejay metamorphasizes into a Duck.

I did hug her on the second date.
Posted By: BobbiJo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/26/10 08:53 PM
Good for you Kerry! smile

Yeah, didn't know birds could turn into ducks but apparently so!
Posted By: sandycay Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/26/10 11:23 PM
Kerry~ second date already?
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/26/10 11:26 PM
We had 3rd and 4th date this last weekend.
Posted By: sandycay Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/27/10 07:45 PM
and your just handshaking?

tsk tsk....... she's going to think you don't like her....

You forgot to tell us about the 3rd and 4th date!
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/27/10 08:04 PM
The 3rd date was a dinner on Saturday night.
4th date was hiking with her dog (and herself) on Sunday.

We do email a lot and there seems to be mutual interest and things in common (including first names!). But I should get over my natural shyness and express myself a bit more on the physical level.

We both have some temp health problems this week. I have developed gout in the joint that connects my big toe. I went to the clinic today and gave some blood at the lab. And they gave me some Prednisone and Vicodin so I am feeling pretty good right now. I have a physical (turning 50 soon) next Monday with a new physician who is going to talk to me up about getting my first colonoscopy. I am thinking the "cleansing" stuff I have to drink before the colonoscopy will not be as fun as the Prednisone and Vicodin I am taking now. I also need to watch my diet from now on so as to not get gout again. That gout hurts quite a bit and makes it tough for me to get my outside spring chores done.
Posted By: sandycay Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/27/10 10:51 PM
OMG~ it is so painful! Sorry to hear about that one. Stop being so shy. You have a wonderful wit about you.

Have fun with the other thing.... procedure is not suppose to be bad at all.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/28/10 04:13 AM
I get the clue from Mary Chapin Carpenter.
Posted By: lodo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/28/10 04:18 AM
You have GOUT!? Isn't that what bankers used to get from eating diets too rich in fats and alcohol? you don't work for Goldman Sachs, do you?

Maybe you could cure your gout from home
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/28/10 05:44 AM
Funny Lodo - that is what old man Ed mentioned the other day when he asked me how I was doing at the kids school auction.

However, I am not a corrupt banker and I dont drink alcohol. I take vitamins and fish oil every day. I try to work out and be active whenever I can.

I had this gout once before about 4-5 years ago. It is most likely something in my diet, as the list below has many things I like (asparagus, red meat, turkey, sardines, caffeine). I did eat a bunch of easter eggs soaked in vinegar during the last month. I am going to stop taking an aspirin each morning. And I am giving up drinking a Monster energy drink to start the day.

Quote:
All of the foods below can be responsible for excessive uric acid production. Even though some do not contain purines, they can still cause the system to naturally produce uric acid.

They are as follows: alcohol, anchovies, asparagus, cauliflower, mushrooms, consommé, herring, meat gravies, broth, bouillon, mussels, sardines, red meats, organ meats, processed meats (hot dogs, lunch meats, etc.), fried foods, roasted nuts, any food cooked in oil (heated oil destroys vitamin E), rich foods (cakes, sugar products, white flour products), dark greens vegetables, dried fruits, fish, caffeine, beans, lentils, eggs, oatmeal, peas, poultry, yeast products, acetaminophen, and low doses of aspirin.

While under a Gout Attack all of the above foods should be completely avoided as well as the following...

Extremely Acid Forming Foods - with a pH of 5.0 to 5.5
Artificial sweeteners, HFCS, Carbonated soft drinks & fizzy drinks , Cigarettes , Flour (white wheat), Goat, Lamb, Pastries & cakes from white flour, Pork, Sugar, Beer, Brown sugar, Deer, Chocolate, Coffee , Custard with white sugar, Jams, Jellies, Liquor , Pasta, Rabbit, Semolina, Table salt refined & iodized, Tea black, Turkey, Breads White / Wheat, White rice, commercial vinegar.

So today I ate a bunch of bananas and blueberries for breakfast. Trader Joes Jaipur Veges for lunch. Salmon, sweet potato and sweet peppers for dinner.

The gout seems gone tonight - probably the prednisone steroid. But I am going to discuss next monday during my physical with my new doctor some ideas about medicine and change in diet so I dont ever get gout flair up again. Also, I found out this evening that my new doctor is also my XW's doctor. She got her medical degree from China.
Posted By: Gardener Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/28/10 05:53 AM
KK,
I get the clue from Mary Chapin Carpenter.
Excellent clue. And song (of course). Going to see her July 2nd. New album came out yesterday. I didn't get it yet.
No one, however who's in a DB sitch should listen to any song on "The Calling" (unless you're into weeping crazy frown . )
Sorry. We return now to our regularly scheduled thread.
Posted By: lodo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/28/10 05:57 AM
Hmm ... I like alcohol, asparagus, mushrooms, meat gravies, broth, mussels, sardines, red meats, roasted nuts, foods cooked in oil (olive), dark green vegies (kale), fish, caffeine, beans, lentils, eggs, oatmeal, peas, poultry, dense bread (yeast), beer (more yeast), and aspirin (when I've had too much beer). That's most of the things on your list. I always thought I was pretty healthy but now you've struck the fear of god in me.

My dentist and my eye doctor are also my XW's dentist and eye doctor. I've always found it be a bit awkward. Especially after they figured out we weren't together anymore.

lodo
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/28/10 06:14 AM
Gardener -

The Chapin albums I listened to a lot are "Shooting Straight in the Dark", "Come On Come On" and "Stones in the Road". An interesting album to listen to the lyrics is Bob Dylan's Blood on the Tracks. He did that album during the collapse of his marriage.

This is a diagram of where my gout is...

http://www.beliefnet.com/healthandhealing/images/si55551206.jpg

For me, it is just a small amount of swelling, but it sure did hurt a lot. Human joints dont like have fiberglass like material built up in them.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/28/10 06:16 AM
Originally Posted By: lodo
That's most of the things on your list. I always thought I was pretty healthy but now you've struck the fear of god in me.

Dont worry too much - gout is also related to how well the kidneys process uric acid. That may be heriditary as my brother also had a case of gout a couple years ago.
Posted By: sandycay Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/28/10 03:40 PM
Well thank goodness you can still eat Possum just lay off the BACON!
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/28/10 04:45 PM
I got home last night and there was a raccoon on my patio. I dont have any recipes for that critter....yet.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/28/10 05:02 PM
Here's a tasty raccoon roast with a raccoon tail dessert, just in case your guest aren't sure of what they're eating.

An interesting factoid... beavers can be substituted for raccoon in some recipes.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/28/10 05:08 PM
I get the feeling that raccoon roast with salt pork and beef stock is not good for gout. The good news is that the west coast does not have any raccoons with rabies. You might think twice about messing with a coon in the NE.

My son has a coon skin hat. When he wears it, other kids are envious.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/28/10 05:11 PM
Oh Kerry...

Us Northeastern's are a tough bunch. A favorite game is playing 'chase the coon to the skunk'. Hmmm Hmmm.. good times!
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/28/10 05:13 PM
One can only imagine what kind of games you played in Texas.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/28/10 11:15 PM
Steal the Bacon, Find a Hill, Badminton, Croquet and Tetherball.
Posted By: BobbiJo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/28/10 11:23 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......bacon............. smile
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/29/10 12:26 AM
Originally Posted By: Gypsy
Steal the Bacon, Find a Hill, Badminton, Croquet and Tetherball.

You did not ever play spin the bottle in Texas?
Posted By: Daybreak Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/29/10 12:53 AM
BBJ:

Didn't you mean "Unexplained bacon..."? grin
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/29/10 08:48 PM
For all of you ladies wanting your man to cuddle more with you, they now have a spray...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...e-oxytocin.html
Posted By: Kalni Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/29/10 09:31 PM
Kerry, did I get it right? You are eating "possum" again?

Yes, I ordered some already... smile
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 04/29/10 10:30 PM
I am not eating any meat now as I want my gout to fade away.

I do have a lunch date (hot pot) with special lady and a hike with her dogs on Sunday. Maybe a little meat on Sunday wont hurt.

Someone needs to make a spray for guys to use on women.
Posted By: Gardener Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/03/10 11:12 PM
KerryK,
Someone needs to make a spray for guys to use on women.
I've read that the spray works on both sexes. Also, it has been determined that a hug or embrace needs to last 20 seconds for the body's level of oxytocin to optimize.
More fun than a spray! grin
Posted By: BobbiJo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/03/10 11:20 PM
This woman does not require a spray. A 30 second hug, eye contact, and a little undivided attention would work every time....then again it has been 23 months now... wink
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/03/10 11:30 PM
I got a really good tight hug yesterday with no spray needed.
Posted By: john210 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/04/10 02:29 AM
then again it has been 23 months now...

Oh man Kerry.....we need to get you going before June 11TH!
Posted By: BobbiJo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/04/10 03:09 AM
Originally Posted By: john210
then again it has been 23 months now...

Oh man Kerry.....we need to get you going before June 11TH!

Ummmm....that was ME! Kerry has not been without action that long, remember the gf?? I am the pitiful one! cry wink
Posted By: Virtually_Handsome Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/04/10 03:22 AM
Don't even get started on how many months it's been! 'Cause that would be 64.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/04/10 04:11 AM
I cant even be thinking June 11 as that is too much pressure. I am kid free again next weekend since it is mothers day, but then it is 3 weekends in a row with kids including Memorial Day weekend at the beach and girl scout camp. I plan one day next weekend to get out hiking with my best friend who I have known since I was 6. He has a few years on me with the match.com thing so it will be interesting to trade stories. He did not fair quite as well with me on kid time as I did. And I always thought his ex-W was batchit crazy.

Tonight it was another dad and myself leading the girl scout meeting because we had the girls make mothers day gifts and mom's were not allowed at the meeting. It was fun to help out with some of the arts and crafts.
Posted By: john210 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/04/10 12:49 PM
you guys are killing me with 23 / 64 etc......

Come on guys....get out there.....this is not right.....men, we are supposed to spread our seed and all that fun stuff.....GO GET EM!!!! Forget all this feminine stuff.....JUST DO IT!!!!!

:-)
Posted By: Kalni Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/17/10 08:20 PM
Kerry,
I read your life has gotten...interesting again.
Hugs
smile smile
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/17/10 09:02 PM
Thanks Maria. I am cautiously optimistic. All the signs are there that we could be a happy couple together. I feel very comfortable when I am with her.
Posted By: john210 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/18/10 02:12 AM
Good for you amigo.....here is to a happy 50th!
Posted By: Reincarnated Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/18/10 03:55 AM
Kerry - did you have a Birthday I missed? If so, I hope it was a good one!!!
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/18/10 06:12 AM
John and I have a birthday coming up on the day the World Cup starts. The lady I am dating also turns 50 a month later.

Hey, just a thought, but wouldn't it be awesome if North and South Korea played each other in the final.
Posted By: john210 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/18/10 12:05 PM
Awesome???? I don't think so.
Wonder what the odds in Vegas are of such an occurrence?
The presence of Brazil, Côte d'Ivoire and Portugal makes Group G arguably the toughest pool.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/18/10 04:06 PM
I put a Starbucks gift card with a short note and some mint candies in the jacket she left in my car. We are meeting today for lunch. And then on Thursday for dinner. Taking things as they come along...
Posted By: sandycay Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/18/10 10:47 PM
Very Nice Kerry!

FFG often leaves notes in my car. He sneaks out there to get something and leaves them. He once hid post its in funny places around my room and bathroom.

Appropriate ones like the one by the lamp said "You light up my life" The one on the bathroom mirror said "Your gorgeous" On the way out of the bathroom " Your an awesome Mom" things like that.

He also hand wrote me a letter and mailed it snail mail. I loved that!
Posted By: BobbiJo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/18/10 11:15 PM
If a guy gave me a Starbucks card I would be happy! smile Also agree with Sandy, a handwritten letter is the best bc you can read it again over and over...
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/18/10 11:32 PM
She liked the gift card.

I have never had a problem with giving notes, letters and flowers. I gotta work on the kissing, hand holding and subtle touching. Most of it is me being nervous/shy, but I notice with each date I feel more comfortable. We have another date tomorrow night. I sure do like spending time with this girl! Plus, it is so easy to remember her name laugh
Posted By: Gardener Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/19/10 02:40 AM
Originally Posted By: sandycay
He also hand wrote me a letter and mailed it snail mail. I loved that!
Oh, that's the best! I did that all the time with X.
Posted By: Gardener Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/19/10 02:42 AM
Kerry,
I put a Starbucks gift card with a short note and some mint candies in the jacket she left in my car. We are meeting today for lunch. And then on Thursday for dinner. Taking things as they come along...
You the man!
I'm taking notes... grin
Posted By: sandycay Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/22/10 04:52 PM
FFG is the most verbal man I have ever encountered. IDK if it is because we took the language of love quiz and he knows mine is WOA.... but he is good at that and very attentive.

It sounds like your getting back into the swing of things. I am not a good WOA person, ( I get tongue tied) but I've been reaching out of the comfort zone here and there and it gets easier!
Posted By: ImprovedRomeo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/23/10 03:05 PM
KerryK, I'll have to read some of your older posts to see how you've managed to find time and women with having to take care of two kids most of the time. But I'm glad to see things are moving in the right direction for you. Gives me hope that one day (hopefully not years later) I'll have that special someone in my life again.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/23/10 08:48 PM
Romeo -

I have the kids half of the time. Even with half the time, my schedule is rather busy.

This weekend I was with my dauther for 2 nights at girl scout camp where there was just another guy and myself and about 300 girls/mothers - it was a very estrogen rich environment. Then I met XW and my son at a Chinese language school picnic. I'm taking my son to his cub scout den meeting in a couple hours.

No need to rush yourself into a relationship. You are still quite young at 35.
Posted By: Kalni Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/23/10 09:54 PM

Just saw this, Kerry, do you mind calling my H? Greece 6948RRRRREALYSLOWMAN!!!

You are an awsome dad!!!
K
Posted By: BobbiJo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/23/10 10:08 PM
Just checking in, hope you enjoyed your dinner date!!

And if you run into any fine Italian gentlemen named Bobby who are handsome, smart, and chivalrous, send them my way ok? Maybe the name thing helps! wink
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/23/10 11:18 PM
Maria - take it slow. He is coming around. What is the alternative? Getting a divorce does not sound like you will be happy.

The dinner date was good - I really like her and I sense she has similar feelings. We have another date this Thursday and she has a gift card for it so I must be doing something right.

I am taking the kids to the coast (Pacific City) for 3 nights in a cozy cabin on Memorial Day weekend. There are lots of bunny rabbits on the property, an indoor pool, a huge sand hill for sleding down and there is a rocky beach nearby with agates for replenishing our rock tumbler. When I am in that area, I always seem to stop in the Tillamook Cheese Factory for cheese curds/ice cream cones for the kids and the Tillamook Country Smoker for quality jerky and pepperoni. Good stuff. Opps, gotta watch my protein intake as my gout is getting better.

Then the following weekend before my big birthday I am "kid free". What is a fella to do?
Posted By: Daybreak Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/24/10 01:20 AM
BobbiJo:

Sorry I don't have the Italian heritage, but I have all of the other bases covered... cool
Posted By: alice444 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/26/10 05:27 PM
Hi Kerry- new to your thread, but you're a friend of Romeo's, who's a friend of mine smile. Sounds like life is pretty good right now. When I get a chance I'll read up on the past to see how you got there!

take care,
Alice
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 05/26/10 06:32 PM
Hi Alice -

It sucks big time that your H snoops in on your DB thread posts. You could change your name again, but you should only post from a computer he has no access to.

If you read my first thread, you will only see a guy that is devasted and not detaching from the stupid actions of another (his wife). I have since been not living with her for 2 and a half years and I am very happy about the outcome. The kids are well adjusted and the XW and I coparent very well together.

I have another date tommorrow with the lady I have been seeing for the last 3 months. We have developed a good friendship and I believe we are quickly becoming more than "just friends". I like this girl a lot!

I am taking the kids Friday thru Monday to Pacific City on the coast to stay at this cabin. We will have a great time and it does not hurt that I have a half century membership in S.N.O.B. (Society of Native Oregon Born) so as to know of neat tucked away beaches.

BTW... Back in the 1970's, before it was illegal, I noticed that the Tillamook region was very popular with those that picked "some kind of mushroom" as the grey wet weather and dairy cows made for ideal conditions - Go Ask Alice.
Posted By: john210 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/04/10 09:59 PM
hey loverboy....i need some updates!
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/04/10 10:03 PM
Hey John -

I know that June 11 is quickly approaching and LK has as a goal to be rounding the bases by that date. My optimism is good for this weekend based upon recent dates! I'm just not sure if it is a home or away game yet.

If all works out well, I may even ask her to join the kids and I (and maybe Joe Montana) for birthday dinner.
Posted By: john210 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/04/10 10:11 PM
Joe was good at home and on the road.......I am sure you are as well.

Go get em tiger!!!!
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/04/10 10:53 PM
I am taking an easy come / easy go attitude. Her brain cant seem to make any plans for the weekend as her work seems to wear her out during the week. I dont read anything into it and am not going to push her further on it. The ball is in her court if she wants to do anything with me.

I have a big list of fun and not fun things to do like yardwork, cleaning house house, catching up on home video authoring, organizing garage, golf, batting cages and working out to keep myself occupied.
Posted By: ImprovedRomeo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/05/10 03:03 AM
Kerry, just checking in...sounds like you're doing just fine.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/05/10 03:24 AM
Thanks SR (you need to change your name).

I dont know about southern Cal, but our spring weather has been very wet and cool this year. My vege's are hardly going. One good thing - the pollen is non-existent which is a good thing for S9.
Posted By: ImprovedRomeo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/05/10 04:02 AM
Ya know...it's been my name since 2006. I just can't seem to come up with a better name smile

A friend owns a house at Coos Bay and whenever he goes up there he has to fix things because of the wetness issue in general. SoCal weather for May and June is usually gloomy in fact we call these months 'May gray' and 'June gloom' but lately when the haze cover burns off the temps are getting up there already 85 or so during the day. It's going to be a hot summer here.
Posted By: whatisis Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/05/10 04:11 AM
Romeo, if you want to change the name but hold on to the initials SR, I think you should go with something catchy like Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Romeo. It's got a nice ring to it, don't you think?
Posted By: Kalni Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/10/10 09:09 PM
Happy Birthday Kerry!!! You are one of the best!
Love
M
Posted By: kat727 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/10/10 09:16 PM
So Kerry how was your early birthday celebration? I know you have 2 more lined up but I think last night was probably the more important one to you... wink

kat
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/10/10 09:37 PM
Thanks. 50 is kind of tough to swallow but I am taking it with dignity. No way to hold back the hands of time.

Birthday dinner last night was good as usual. I like this girl mucho. She gave me a nice card and of course lots of kisses.

Some bad news for Joe Montana as his upcoming birthday approaches tomorrow...

Joe Montana To Lose One Super Bowl Ring For Every Dumb Product He Endorses
June 8, 2010

NEW YORK—After years of sitting idly by as Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana lent his name to Tombstone frozen pizza, McCormick spices and marinades, and now Skechers Shape-ups, a frustrated NFL announced yesterday that from now on Montana will forfeit one Super Bowl ring for every stupid product he endorses. "After watching the latest commercial, in which Joe Montana conducts a mock press conference and credits Skechers Shape-Ups with strengthening his back and legs and giving him the confidence to return to the NFL, we realized we had to take drastic action," said Commissioner Roger Goodell, who later pleaded, "Come on, Joe, it's a damn gimmick shoe for Christ's sake." "If we see Mr. Montana appearing in another Kraft Quarterback Cook-Off, that's one Super Bowl ring. A new ab machine, that's another Super Bowl ring. And, if he endorses more than four stupid products or releases another Skechers commercial, for his own good and the good of the game we'll start confiscating MVP awards." Goodell added that Joe Montana Sports Talk Football for the Sega Genesis will always hold a special place in the NFL's heart and will not be considered a stupid Montana endorsement.
Posted By: BobbiJo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/10/10 09:47 PM
Happy Birthday Kerry. Enjoy those kisses... smile
Posted By: ImprovedRomeo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/10/10 10:40 PM
Hey Happy Birthday Kerry!

Oh and you hardly look a day older than 40.
Posted By: Gardener Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/11/10 02:00 AM
Happy birthday, Kerry.
Glad to see your sig line still says:

Young divorced dad who lives half the time with a wonderful son (9) and daughter (7). wink cool
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/11/10 02:39 AM
Thanks Gardener. The sig line will change soon enough - when my daughter is 8 and my son is 10.
Posted By: kat727 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/11/10 12:09 PM
Happy Half Century Kerry!!!
Posted By: Bridgestone Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/11/10 03:50 PM
Happy birthday..
Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/11/10 06:13 PM
Happy Birthday my brother in blue.

: )

I just realized...you served around the fantail firefly time of the CG...

lucky SAR dog.

: )
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/11/10 06:37 PM
Thanks Mate!

I was on the oldest Coast Guard cutter from 1978 to 1980 and we mostly did foreign fishery patrols in the Bering Sea. I never heard of a fantail firefly. We did do some fantail jumping in heavy seas that seemed a bit dangerous. You wait until the fantail reached the crest of a wave and jump, then the fantail would drop into the trough and you would be left hanging in the air. I always worried that when I came back down that there would be no ship there to catch my fall - only friged cold water.
Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/11/10 07:28 PM
I did some fan tail jumping too...and yeah same concern.

Fantil fireflies...

lets say a cutter busted 3 bales of marijuana

lets say rumors said that 2 bales made it back.

fan tail fireflies are, lets call them cigarettes, what cigarettes look like when you thow them overboard at night cause an O is coming back to a place you aren't supposed to be smoking...however as rumor has it...in this case something you aren't supposed to be smoking.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/11/10 07:49 PM
We had a good number of guys who toked at sea. But we also had a good number of captain's masts because of it. I tried it once at sea, but it made me too paranoid.

When I was at Group Corpus Christi, one of our 82 footer's made a 12 ton bust. My buddies at one of the small boat stations (Port Aransas) helped the DEA unload the bales and made sure that a good amount fell on the ground for later use.

Another time when I was on watch in the operation center of the air station, one of our helicopter's brought in a bale it found floating in the gulf. They stored it in our parking lot and the Commander told me to keep an eye on it from the 2nd floor so as to make sure it was not getting smaller. My roomate was begging me to turn my head when he went back to his car - I said no as I felt the Commander was testing me. I had been busted in rank just a couple months before for pot smoking and I did not want to get in any more trouble. I gained the rank of E5 twice, but alas, I did not get out of the Coast Guard with a good conduct award.
Posted By: mishka422 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/11/10 07:56 PM
Happy Birthday Kerry!!!
Posted By: Gardener Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/12/10 01:56 AM
Kerry,
Thanks Gardener. The sig line will change soon enough - when my daughter is 8 and my son is 10.
As long as that "young divorced Dad" line doesn't change!
I'll be changing mine to 57 soon and my philosophy is "I'm younger now than I'll ever be again!"
I used to tell my nephews when they asked me why I was so "cool" and "youthful":
Youthful equals muscle (I exercise a lot), sex (Oh, well - 17 months, now) and attitude.
Posted By: ImprovedRomeo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/15/10 05:06 AM
Kerry, how are things with you? any plans for Father's day?
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/15/10 05:32 AM
Hi Romeo -

It is XW's weekend with the kids. Since I had them last weekend for my birthday, Father's day is not that big of a deal for me. I suppose it is similar to people that have their birthday on or around Christmas.

I was planning to do a garage sale with my mom, but I am not quite ready for that. Maybe in a couple more weeks.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/17/10 08:14 PM
Apples and Wine

Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men dont want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that are not as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they are amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree.

Now men...men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it is up to women to stomp the sh!t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
Posted By: Gardener Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/17/10 08:19 PM
Kerry,
Apples and WineWomen are like apples on trees....
Now men...men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it is up to women to stomp the sh!t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
Definite Belly-Laugh Of The Day Award! laugh laugh laugh
Still laughing...Great. Just great....
Posted By: whatisis Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/17/10 10:47 PM
Wow, there must be whole friggin' wine cellar on this BB!
Posted By: ImprovedRomeo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/23/10 04:38 PM
Hey Kerry, what's new?

How's the garage sale plan coming along?
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/23/10 04:54 PM
Maybe a date tommorrow night to try out my first restaurant.com gift certificate. I bough a bunch of them also for my Vegas trip with the kids next month. Pretty good deal to spend $10 to get $110 worth of certificates.

I got rid of my huge boxing gym out of the garage. Put it up in the free section on craigslist and got 7 responses within a few minutes. It seems there are vultures watching the free section.

Anything I cant sell on the July 3 garage sale, I am giving away to Goodwill. I want to have a neat and unclutterd garage.
Posted By: ImprovedRomeo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/23/10 05:03 PM
Cool! I gotta check out the restaurant thing. I'm always on the look out for good deals these days. Yep, CL sure has lots of vultures and no-show deadbeats.

Anything I cant sell on the July 3 garage sale, I am giving away to Goodwill. I want to have a neat and unclutterd garage.

A garage is usually the favorite room in the house for most guys...it was/is for me - it's a sanctuary for my cars, tools and toys... (all endangered these days! lol)
Posted By: Gardener Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/23/10 05:28 PM
Kerry,
I suggest you have a helper, i.e., another set of eyes, at your garage sale. I was advised to and didn't. Had three things stolen, two of which were fairly valuable.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/23/10 06:00 PM
My mom is the one who wanted to do the garage sale at my place because her condo does not allow it. My XW used to do our garage sales and had told my mom of an old lady in our neighborhood who is a kleptomaniac. My mom is going to position herself appropriately. Maybe I should set myself up strategically with the Barrett as a deterrent.
Posted By: mishka422 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/23/10 07:15 PM
LOL! Nice!
Posted By: Gardener Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/23/10 07:19 PM
Kerry's Barrett gets today's Belly-Laugh Of The Day Award! laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 06/30/10 10:15 PM
The rumors are that Elin gets $750 million, custody of the kids and Tiger cant have any single women near the kids in exchange for her keeping silent about Tiger's affairs.
Posted By: ImprovedRomeo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 07/01/10 12:57 AM
OK I'm sure he deserves a slap in the face and more but custody of the kids goes to her because he slept around? really? then by that account half the WAS here shouldn't get the custody.
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 08/14/10 05:26 AM
I got paired up in golf this evening with a tall attractive Singapore (Oregon Duck) gal who was wearing a tight outfit and who was at least half my age. With the exception of a couple tee-offs, my focus was on my game and it is getting much improved. I find that when I make a mistake that I can easily forget about it and move on to my next stroke. This game of golf is sure addicting and really is a form of relaxing meditation.
Posted By: newmama Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 08/14/10 09:39 PM
Wow, good job concentrating with a distraction like that!

P.S. Golf sure has a lot of sexual innuendos, lol!
Posted By: Golfgirl1 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 08/15/10 03:51 AM
I love the game! I got my first trophy today....closest to the pin for the ladies in the tournament.

Good job with the focus! smile
Posted By: john210 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 08/15/10 03:25 PM
How come in 25 years of golf, I never got paired with a tightly clad sexy woman? I would love to test my focus. I think she would loose her focus with my two golfing buddies and I chatting her up (in betwenn shots of course).
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 08/15/10 05:16 PM
It was around 100 and I worked hard in my yard yesterday moving blocks of concrete. Then I went golfing in that heat. I was so lethargic and the sweat was in my eyes. Live and learn. Some days it is best to hold off on golf.

Golfgirl - did you remember to fix your ball mark after you got closest?
Posted By: Virtually_Handsome Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 08/15/10 05:43 PM
It was around 100 and I worked hard in my yard yesterday moving blocks of concrete. Then I went golfing in that heat. I was so lethargic and the sweat was in my eyes. Live and learn. Some days it is best to hold off on golf.

Kerry! Some days it's best to hold off moving the concrete blocks! Get your priorities straight, man!
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 08/16/10 03:41 AM
Funny Jeff.

I moved more concrete blocks today and then about a big pile of sand. And then cleaned house. But I did not golf! I instead had a nice dinner out with a nice lady.
Posted By: Virtually_Handsome Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 08/16/10 03:52 AM
But I did not golf! I instead had a nice dinner out with a nice lady.

Now you have your priorities right!
Posted By: newmama Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 08/16/10 02:16 PM
Quote:
I instead had a nice dinner out with a nice lady.

How can you just drop a line like that and say nothing else?
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 08/16/10 02:43 PM
It is the same lady I've been seeing for several months.
Posted By: ImprovedRomeo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 08/16/10 04:38 PM
It is the same lady I've been seeing for several months.

This sounds serious or something... cool smile
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 08/16/10 05:20 PM
Nope, not serious. We are Just Friends.
Posted By: Golfgirl1 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 08/16/10 06:08 PM
I stuck the stake in the mark my ball made...oops! Was that incorrect?? I was so darn excited I totally forgot "golf protocol/etiquette."
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 08/20/10 07:39 PM
I had a concrete construction company create an addition to my driveway and patio yesterday and today. Watching other men work and having them call you boss is the second greatest thing in life for a man.
Posted By: kat727 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 08/20/10 09:01 PM
So Kerry you are just friends with your Carrie? I thought things were progressing. Has that all came to a screeching halt? As I told Jeff, it really is time for me to go home!

kat
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 08/20/10 09:21 PM
Yeah, we are just good friends right now and are in contact with each other via email daily. We see each other once or twice a week. We seem to have endless things to talk about and I like the fact that she is only a month younger than myself.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 08/22/10 12:35 PM
Hey Kerry..

I think you embody the title of this thread.

*hugs*
Posted By: john210 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 08/22/10 02:20 PM
Watching other men work and having them call you boss is the second greatest thing in life for a man.

what is numero uno????
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 08/22/10 05:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Gypsy
I think you embody the title of this thread.

Yikes - I have never thought about being the embodiment of Microsoft.

John - you know as well as I do what numero uno is. Maybe it is not #1 when you can get a dose of it on a regular basis.
Posted By: BobbiJo Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 08/22/10 06:27 PM
Well if you are talking about what I think, two years without it is two years two long....UGH!

I like what you are doing, spending time with her as friends. I don't want an instant husband, I want a friend I can have fun with. However I would have to at LEAST be able to kiss him...we can kiss our friends, right? wink
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 08/23/10 06:49 PM
Tiger and Elin are officially divorced today...

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=5489950
Posted By: smith18 Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 08/23/10 06:51 PM
BobbiJoe - There is no problem kissing as friends. I know that I have been doing that.
Posted By: smith18 Closure - 09/20/10 07:31 PM
Since ejecting my wife from my house almost 3 years ago, I had gotten rid of much of her clutter and organized my house to my liking. During this time, I was constantly searching for my Cub Scout Pinewood Derby cars (I found my winning trophy) so that I could show my son who is also in the Cub Scouts. This last summer, I completed the last of my organization in the garage and attic with no Pinewood Derby cars to be found. I had resigned myself that they were gone forever.

Today when my XW stopped by my office to get our daughter's violin from me, she surprised me with my 40+ year old Pinewood Derby cars. Apparently, they were in a box of items I had given her some time ago that I thought was all of hers.

Closure!

I am now a complete man.

Happy Happy! Joy Joy!
Posted By: Kalni Re: Closure - 09/20/10 08:20 PM
LOL, you men are all babies...
Happy for you K!
K
Posted By: CityGirl Re: Closure - 09/20/10 08:22 PM
Found cars and (almost) sold houses... a good day for many today!

Glad you got your cars back - it will be pretty cool for your son to see them!
Posted By: sandycay Re: Closure - 09/22/10 03:45 PM
Since ejecting my wife from my house almost 3 years ago, I had gotten rid of much of her clutter and organized my house to my liking. During this time, I was constantly searching for my Cub Scout Pinewood Derby cars (I found my winning trophy) so that I could show my son who is also in the Cub Scouts. This last summer, I completed the last of my organization in the garage and attic with no Pinewood Derby cars to be found. I had resigned myself that they were gone forever.

Today when my XW stopped by my office to get our daughter's violin from me, she surprised me with my 40+ year old Pinewood Derby cars. Apparently, they were in a box of items I had given her some time ago that I thought was all of hers.

Closure!

I am now a complete man.

Happy Happy! Joy Joy!

I still have some dad built too. Kerry~ you crack me up!
Posted By: ClingingToHope Re: Closure - 09/22/10 06:26 PM
KerryK, who was Willie Pep's nemesis?

Second question, you mentioned you tossed the Ex out three years ago. How is your relationship with her today?

Was there a turning point that you remember?
Posted By: smith18 Re: Closure - 09/22/10 06:48 PM
Sandy Sadler who beat him more times. From what I have heard, they were not very fond of one another.

XW and I get along great as divorced parents. She just called and asked me if I had a date on Saturday. I told her no (new lady date is on Friday) and she asked if I could take the kids as she needed to help a young lady we know get moved in for college at OSU.

Things got better once the D was over and the financial things were dealt with.

But, she also must have seen a personal counselof during the D because she ended up saying thank you a lot. And she asked for another chance right before the D was final so that may have had something to do with her attitude going forward.

As for my first date on Friday...new lady suggested a Thai restaurant. I happen to be quite familiar with Thai food. She also has some interesting characteristics that interest me...electronics geek, golf, same philosophy, gardening and...if it works out, she speaks Chinese which would be very advantageous for my son who is learning it.
Posted By: ClingingToHope Re: Closure - 09/22/10 10:32 PM
There's a few nuggets there for me. I'm hoping I'll feel more peace when it's over and the finances are taken care of -- plus my grandmother's wedding ring.

Also, did the fact she asked for a second chance before it was final play any role in your attitude now?

My STBXW apologized at our mediation sessions, saying "I know this isn't what you want. I'm sorry."

But that hasn't done much for me.

I know I need to get better, but I can't imagine me ever asking if she has a date on a particular night. I can't imagine ever getting totally over it.
Posted By: smith18 Re: Closure - 09/22/10 10:57 PM
Originally Posted By: ClingingToHope
Also, did the fact she asked for a second chance before it was final play any role in your attitude now?

I suppose it does make me think a bit that I could have saved my marriage in the end. It was nice to hear her acknowlege that it was a nightmare (clubbing and tramping) that had entered her life and I was actually a good husband who was not at fault for her straying. But I realize that life is better not being married to her anymore.
Posted By: ClingingToHope Re: Closure - 09/23/10 03:06 AM
That's a bit of closure I'd like to have.

On boxing, I read a piece about how Saddler was bitter at the fact that Pep was always listed as one of the greatest featherweights ever, usually over Saddler, even though Saddler won two of the three fights.
Posted By: smith18 Re: Closure - 09/23/10 04:15 AM
Actually Pep and Saddler fought 4 times with Saddler knocking out Pep 3 times and Pep decisioning Saddler once. I wonder how either of them would have done against Salvador Sanchez.

I think my favorite weight class would have to be middleweight. Guys at 160 are still lightening fast, but with some devastating power. When I was spending a lot of time at the boxing gym, I wanted to be a middleweight, but my weight kept dropping until I got down to about 140 which is rather lean for someone that is 5' 10" at 30 years old. Those days of the ripped stomach and low body fat are far behind me. And I have messed up my shoulder from throwing too hard and too many left hooks.
Posted By: john210 Re: Closure - 09/23/10 01:33 PM
Hey Kerry...i am a long way from my fighting weight as well.
Posted By: smith18 Re: Closure - 09/23/10 04:26 PM
Is the 210 in John210 your fighting weight or your weight now?
Posted By: smith18 Re: Closure - 09/25/10 12:11 AM
I've have a dinner date with a new lady in 45 minutes. I seem more nervous for this one than all the others I have met. It may be because she is an electrical engineer and I am worried that she might test me on how quickly I can Thevenize and Nortonize a circuit. It has been a long time since I dabbled in electronics. I will try to keep the conversation more on golf (which she likes to do) and gardening.
Posted By: Susan1Survivor Re: Closure - 09/25/10 01:35 AM
I am currently married and soon to be divorced from an engineer..Beware my friend!!!! They seem to find fault with everything....
Posted By: whatisis Re: Closure - 09/25/10 01:50 AM
Kerry, don't be shocked if there's some electricity between the two of you and don't forget to bring a surge protector, just in case...OMG that was bad, even for me!
Posted By: mishka422 Re: Closure - 09/25/10 02:02 AM
Oh Wii......that was terrible......good, but terrible all at the same time.
Posted By: whatisis Re: Closure - 09/25/10 02:47 AM
Originally Posted By: mishka422

How can something that felt so right be so wrong?
Posted By: ClingingToHope Re: Closure - 09/25/10 03:57 AM
Yes, you are right about Saddler and Pep. You know, I'm a stat nut and I developed a system to rank fighters in all classes. I stopped updating it when we split up -- no mental energy. A boxing fan here loved it and keeps bugging me to update it.

I hope to when it gets a little colder. I'll send you a link when it's back up to speed.

I've always wanted to head to the boxing gym here and work out and perhaps try three rounds -- instead I end just playing basketball.
Posted By: BobbiJo Re: Closure - 09/25/10 04:05 AM
Originally Posted By: whatisis
Originally Posted By: mishka422

How can something that felt so right be so wrong?

Dude, wii, that is the question that landed most of us here!! wink
Posted By: smith18 Re: Closure - 09/25/10 05:40 AM
I'm an engineer - maybe she and I can find fault with each other and be even. crazy

The meetup date was nice. We stayed at the restaurant for 3 and half hours talking. Then they closed. She seemed very cheerful and smiled much more than was in her pictures. There may be some electricity, but I was grounded so as to not cause any static discharge.

I am taking care of the kids tomorrow on XW weekend as she has errands to do. I think that I will take up Woogs offer for friends/family shopping discount and then take the kids to the Polish festival to see if we can learn something of our Polish heritage.

Na Zdrowie
Posted By: fb2 Re: Closure - 09/25/10 10:12 AM
"I'm an engineer - maybe she and I can find fault with each other and be even. crazy"

I'd try magnetism instead of electricity. However you have engineered so many dates with the ladies! You can't be an engineer, you are a ladies' man! And how is old man Ed? Is he on Viagra?
Posted By: smith18 Re: Closure - 09/25/10 04:29 PM
I think Ed has bad knees. He has a little electric scooter that he rides inside the house. I dont know about whether viagra is needed.
Posted By: smith18 Re: Closure - 09/28/10 01:58 AM
OMG! The kids and I are so hot tonight. It is 78 degrees outside and rather humid. I cant wait until it cools down some so I can open the windows to cool off the 76 degree interior.
Posted By: fb2 Re: Closure - 09/28/10 02:19 AM
The humidity is what does it! Imagine it's like that a lot in places like Florida.
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: Closure - 09/28/10 03:37 PM
It broke 100 here yesterday and will again today lol.
Posted By: ImprovedRomeo Re: Closure - 09/28/10 04:29 PM
LOL- 78 is hot?! You should've been here yesterday when we broke all records reaching a nice cooking temp of 114 degrees.
Posted By: MichelleLT Re: Closure - 09/28/10 04:32 PM
You must be near downtown LA. My co-worker's boyfriend lives down there. Their AC is broken. He left work twice yesterday to go back to his condo to soak their dog with cold water. Craziness.
Posted By: kat727 Re: Closure - 09/28/10 04:34 PM
I can't imagine LA at 113!! Of course here in KS, once maybe the whole summer but we had a couple of weeks in the 100's. Yesterday when I left for work it was only 47. It was in the 50's this morning. Fall is here, let's hope it stays a while before Winter crashes in. smile

kat
Posted By: smith18 Heat Wave - 09/28/10 04:59 PM
It is supposed to get to 79 today and 80 tomorrow!

My house was still warm (70) when we woke up this morning.
Posted By: mishka422 Re: Heat Wave - 09/28/10 05:13 PM
I was talking to my former MIL yesterday and she was soaking her feet in ice water trying to cool down. She lives in Pasadena and her apartment has no AC. It was 114 outside and in her apartment the thermometer was registering 90. ICK! That is horrific.....oh yeah, but it was only 10% humidity. That would be Vegas hot baby!

It never quite hit that in the 30 years I lived there but there was a stretch of about 2 weeks once where the temp was consistently 105. Thought were were going to drop dead that summer!
Posted By: john210 Re: Heat Wave - 09/28/10 06:09 PM
weekend forecast calls for a high of 55 up here.....brrrr....it's time for my yearly golf trip down to FLA in early November. I see the geese in their V formation flying down to visit you guys in the US of A.

By the way kerry, hwo is your alignemnet going?? i kind of lost track of the quest for the LK nudge nudge. you don't email anymore.
Posted By: smith18 Re: Heat Wave - 09/28/10 06:22 PM
I swear that the geese never leave the course where I take lessons. There is goose poop everywhere. My neighborhood course does not have a problem with geese, although there are a good amount of ducks there.

I think the interesting thing about playing golf in Florida is the possibility of seeing aligators in the water hazards.

My alignment is still vertical. Nothing forecast on the horizon. And I dont have any pressing quest for LK at the moment.
Posted By: john210 Re: Heat Wave - 09/28/10 07:54 PM
you need some meaningless sex my friend....LOL
Posted By: smith18 Re: Heat Wave - 09/28/10 08:12 PM
Hmmmm...you have me thinking.

I'll have to schedule that for Wednesdays as Thurdays is my golf lesson.

I do need to be cautious about this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH4mbbXOXsY
Posted By: mishka422 Re: Heat Wave - 09/28/10 08:41 PM
John, you keep your danged geese! Can't you train them NOT to come south for the winter? Gees! grin

My city actually has to hire goose wranglers to come in and transport them away from our lake because they chase the kids at the playgrounds that surround it.
Posted By: smith18 Re: Heat Wave - 09/28/10 08:51 PM
Mishka -

You could retaliate against Canada by having your alligators migrate up there in the summer.
Posted By: john210 Re: Heat Wave - 09/28/10 09:07 PM
I don't think the Canada geese attack kids up here....they probably even hold their poop till they fly over your country...lol
Just kidding of course...those birds sure carry alot of stuff.....they really liked the 14th green at my course....not sure how they got rid of them.
Posted By: smith18 Re: Heat Wave - 09/29/10 05:07 PM
Hey John -

The kids and I are going this Sunday to watch the Portland Winterhawks take on the Lethbridge Hurricanes. We got good corner seats. Also, since it is my son's 10th birthday, there will be a happy birthday message shown on the big scoreboard during intermission.

I am thinking that I need to take the kids to a Portland Trailblazer game some day. I see that on Sunday January 9th that the Miami Heat are visiting us. I hear that they have some pretty decent players on their team. Of course, my daughter will probably have more interest in watching the Blazer Dancers during timeouts.
Posted By: john210 Re: Heat Wave - 09/29/10 06:11 PM
Your daughter and me as well...I am not a big fan of basketball.

Balzer dancers eh???? hmmm where is the link....what no link?????
Posted By: smith18 Re: Heat Wave - 09/29/10 06:26 PM
Your wish is my command...

http://www.iamatrailblazersfan.com/Home/BlazerDancers/tabid/65/Default.aspx

Maybe if Montreal had an NBA team you might be more of a fan.
Posted By: smith18 Re: Heat Wave - 10/23/10 10:24 PM
Hooray! I just asked XW about the Thanksgiving 4 day weekend and she gave me permission again for the 4th year in a row to take the kids on a trip.

This time, I have my sights set on Victoria BC. A very British like city across the strait where my Coast Guard ship used to be. I hope to have the kids and myself get dressed up to go have tea, scones with jam, pastries and tea sandwiches like the English. I am trying still to decide which ferry to take and whether to take my van across. We might even stop by and say hi to Sandycay on the way up.

One thing I brought last year that helps getting through the border quickly as a single parent traveling with kids is a signed letter from the XW saying she approves and her contact information and my hotel and plans.
Posted By: ClingingToHope Re: Heat Wave - 10/24/10 01:55 AM
I'm looking forward to TG as well. I'm taking the girls to dinner the night before. STBXW has them for TG so I'm going to see my cousin in Wisconsin. I haven't spent time with her in years and they are D11's godparents.

I'll get them for the weekend. It'll be different, but different is good. Truth be told, I really didn't like spending every Thanksgiving with STBXW's family.

The best one we ever had was when STBXW was fed up with her mom so we ducked them and went to Wisconsin.
Posted By: smith18 Re: Heat Wave - 10/24/10 04:35 AM
Now is the time to go to Wisconsin. They are a very happy bunch of people up there after 2 consectutive big wins.
Posted By: smith18 Re: Heat Wave - 10/24/10 04:59 AM
Oklahoma lost.

Ducks probably are #1 on BCS and other polls. How do the other undefeated teams rank. I think Auburn is probably #2 even though I think Alabama beats them before the SEC championship. Auburn's Nick Fairley is going to be a beast like Deacon Jones in the NFL. Offenses put 2 guys on him and he still blasts through them.

Oregon
Auburn
Boise State
Missouri
Michigan State
Utah
TCU
Posted By: smith18 Re: Heat Wave - 10/24/10 05:04 AM
I would love to see Ducks vs Crimson Tide for the national championship. And for LaMichael James to be the Heisman winner. It would be Heisman James against Heisman Ingram.
Posted By: newmama Re: Heat Wave - 10/24/10 03:12 PM
I didn't even think about crossing the border as a single PARENT! Wow, another obnoxious hassle. Thanks for the heads up- "Newmama has MY permission to take OUR son to another country for X days." Seriously though, it is annoying but sounds like it helped you to avoid any issues! Will you daughter wear a hat and/or a scarf? Totally fun!
Posted By: sandycay Re: Heat Wave - 10/24/10 05:02 PM
Hooray! I just asked XW about the Thanksgiving 4 day weekend and she gave me permission again for the 4th year in a row to take the kids on a trip.

This time, I have my sights set on Victoria BC. A very British like city across the strait where my Coast Guard ship used to be. I hope to have the kids and myself get dressed up to go have tea, scones with jam, pastries and tea sandwiches like the English. I am trying still to decide which ferry to take and whether to take my van across. We might even stop by and say hi to Sandycay on the way up.

One thing I brought last year that helps getting through the border quickly as a single parent traveling with kids is a signed letter from the XW saying she approves and her contact information and my hotel and plans.

Yea!
Posted By: whatisis Re: Heat Wave - 10/24/10 11:39 PM
Kerry, maybe I can arrange for you to have tea and crumpets with the Queen, let me know...but don't blame me if she doesn't show up, she's highly unreliable (and irregular) if she forgets to have her bran in the morning.
Posted By: flowmom Re: A Great Thing Just Got Better - 10/25/10 01:26 AM
Victoria's fun smile
© DivorceBusting.com