Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: Yoyowife Play House - 08/23/09 03:59 PM
Hello Everyone,

I've been in the infidelity forum for over two years. Wow, that's a long time. I am in the process of divorce now. I filed in June 2009. He filed in June 2007, but dismissed it in July 2008 saying we were going to work things out. To summarize my sitch. H left in on Oct. 2006. He denied having OW, but of course there was one. It was his secretary. What a cliche!

He played both of us for way too long, he would tell me he was going to end it with her, but he never would. I told him that until she was out of the office, we couldn't move forward. I compared his addiction to her as an alcoholic having a drink in front of him daily. I finally said enough is enough and filed. They continue to be involved. I have no hope or want of reconciliation.

I have met a wonderful man about a month ago. I'm not sure where it will go, but I am enjoying being treated with respect. He is smart, funny, and a gentleman. He still is of the old schol that a gentleman opens doors and even car doors for a lady.

LIfe does get much better. It took me a long time to see that, but it's so nice to be off of the egsshells!

Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 08/23/09 04:26 PM
Whoopie!! I am first but not needing a drink, just happy that I get to be the first to welcome you here. I may just jump ship too since it doesn't look as if my thread will ever lock!

kat
Posted By: theoden Re: Play House - 08/25/09 04:18 AM
Yoyo,

I'm so happy to see you here. So happy to see you moving forward.

Even though I miss those trips to Pleasantville, I am happy to hear of Mr. A, and I'm really proud of you.

--Theoden
Posted By: saffie Re: Play House - 08/25/09 12:04 PM
Me too Yoyo,

I know I haven't posted or emailed much lately.....I am troubled in myself. Not my marriage, but I am having trouble with my first daughter going to university, (yep she got the grades to go where she wanted), and I find the up and coming change hard to deal with. I kind if feel redundant frown.

I shall try and be a better friend and post more soon, but I just wanted you to know how glad I am that you are moving on.

((((((((hugs))))))))
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 08/25/09 12:19 PM
Gee who would have thought that moving your thread was so huge? I suppose it is letting go of who you were so you can become who you are now meant to be.

I didn't feel it until I did it. We didn't go through stages just the big leap. Glad we are here.

hugs, kat
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 08/25/09 02:20 PM
Good Morning Friends,
It's amazing the wonderful friends I have made on here through this journey. Thanks for the warm welcome over here.

Theo and Saffie, wonderful to hear from you both. Didn't we have nice little chats the summer of '07? Seems like a lifetime ago, doesn't it? We certainly had some funny and interesting conversations. It's time for updates from you both, don't let me down! Saffie, I totally understand how hard it is letting go of your babies. I'm certainly missing my baby while she is at college.

Kat, I think we are where we belong, don't you?

I have a funny story to relate about DD18 who has been at college for a week and half now. Last week was such a busy week for me with school starting back and meetings at night (real meetings, not Mr. A meetings, LOL). Everytime she called it seemed like I was busy and couldn't really talk. Finally, one night she called and said, "Mom, are you mad at me? It seems like everytime I call, you are too busy to talk to me." I assured her I wasn't mad at her and missed her very much, but had been so busy. I think it's usually the other way around that the parent is trying to get ahold of the college student. LOL I did drive up to see her Saturday and take her some things she needed from home and do a little shopping.

Last night DD21 and I went to dinner and shopping. It seems that the past few weeks has been about getting DD18 ready for college, I wanted to spend some alone quality time with DD21. Mr. A asked me to pick him up a couple of shirts, so he is already letting me pick out his clothes. LOL At least I know he will look nice.
Posted By: NoCodeBlues Re: Play House - 08/25/09 02:30 PM
Hello, Yoyo.

Welcome to Thriving=Surviving.

You mentioned the Summer of '07. Wow, such a unique, very formative time for many of us back then. Makes one think...

Hugs and blessings.
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 08/25/09 02:48 PM
NC,
I just wonder what happened to Delia, remember her? She certainly kept us all entertained. LOL Let's not forget roadkill, reversed skunk, ugly arse boots, and of course whips. LOL
Posted By: saffie Re: Play House - 08/25/09 03:44 PM
Yoyo,

I have an email addy for Delia if you would like it. I haven't been in contact with her for over a year though.

I miss those funny conversations we had in summer 07; in some ways it seems like yesterday and in others it seems so long ago.
Posted By: dday101798 Re: Play House - 08/25/09 05:09 PM
Hello Yoyo, welcome to the ever expanding group.
Posted By: saffie Re: Play House - 08/25/09 05:11 PM
Just emailed you Yoyo
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 08/25/09 06:12 PM
Dday,
Thanks for the welcome, nice to meet you.

Saffie, I can't access my home email at work. I look forward to reading it.
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 08/27/09 02:50 PM
Saffie and Sara,
I will reply to your emails soon. I've been pretty busy. I guess that's a good thing.

I have talked to Mr. A everyday this week, often more than once. We have been having conflicting schedules about seeing each other. I'm going to dinner with a friend tonight. I picked up some shirts for him the other night that asked me to get. I will probably drop them off at his house afterwards.

He had a business dinner last night, he wanted to cancel it and see me, but I told him, not a good idea. Tonight is dinner with my friend. I think we may see each other tomorrow night.

After living in limbo so long with my H and being at his beck and call, I've made up my mind I will not let that happen again. I will see Mr. A when it is convenient for me. I hope that doesn't sound callous, but I believe many can relate.

I do like Mr. A, but I won't let it be all about him. I plan on having my own life too. I think one thing we all get out of this is that we can become stronger and become our own person. I am discovering that person and don't want to lose her.
Posted By: dday101798 Re: Play House - 08/27/09 02:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Yoyowife
I think one thing we all get out of this is that we can become stronger and become our own person. I am discovering that person and don't want to lose her.

With a twist, I think we become the person we used to be and slipped away from. And yet stronger at the same time.
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 08/27/09 06:23 PM
Today during my third period class. My DD18 who is a college freshman called me twice. She knows when my break is so I was worried something was wrong. I texted her and said, "I'm in class. Something wrong?" To which she texted back, "Nothing wrong I was just going to let you know that DSW is having a gigantic shoe sale." Kids.....
Posted By: fightingirish Re: Play House - 08/27/09 09:22 PM
yoyo...TOO FUNNY!!

Sorry I haven't been around much... Trying to survive and go on with life.

Im just so happy for you!! He's sounds like a great guy. Your in no rush, just enjoy yourself.

Anyone would be lucky to have you in their life.

smile
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 08/27/09 09:33 PM
Well at least you know what your daughters priorities are!! LOL I can see you will be providing several fun stories again this year.

I really am hoping the best for you and Mr A. Just keep things light and have fun.

kat
Posted By: Matilda2 Re: Play House - 08/29/09 01:56 PM
Found you here, Yoyo. I, too, am finding myself. Then maybe I'll find a Mr. A myself. My new job is keeping me too busy to even meet new people, but things should settle down soon. Meanwhile, I am just enjoying my own company!
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 08/29/09 03:37 PM
Hi Mattie,
Isn't it nice to find yourself and discover that your own company isn't too bad at all? How do you like your new job? How is your DD?

I had a nice quiet evening with Mr. A. He had a very stressful week. The corporate people were down all week going over the accounting with him at his complex. He tried to explain some of it to me, but went right over my head. I'm the person who has a hard enough time keeping up with my few bills and balancing my checkbook. Can't imagine trying to keep up with the financials of a complex as large as the one he is head accountant for.

This morning I got out early and did some errands. I passed the OW on the interstate. Still have a hard time not wanting to run her off of the road. smirk Good thing it was the interstate and the median separated us. LOL

A thought occured to me as I passed OW. Yes, she may have taken the "prize", but I do think it is definitely a "booby prize". Being with Mr. A has shown me how nice it is to be with a man who only has eyes for me. For so long STBXH played both me and OW, lying to both of us, sneaking around to see both of us. He was actually cheating on her with me in a sense. My very smart DD21 once told me this about her dad and his mistress, "if he cheated with her, he will cheat on her". I suspect this is correct. Sad that a child has to say this about her parent. It sure has given her a jaded view of marriage.

Things continue to go well with Mr. A, but I am liking the fact that at the end of the date, I can go to my own house. Never thought I would get to the point that being alone actually doesn't bother me. Even with DD18 being off at college now, I'm doing okay, actually better than okay.

Funny story, DD18 called me yesterday evening. She said that she and a friend were in Little Rock shopping and wanted to know if I wanted to meet her for dinner. I told her I had plans, she was quite appalled that her mother didn't want to meet her. Even tried to lay a guilt trip on me. LOL. I think our roles are reversed. It's usually the mother getting upset because the college aged child can't find time for them. I did offer to meet her tonight, but she said didn't know what she had planned. I tried...
Posted By: Sara Re: Play House - 08/29/09 10:02 PM
Yoyo,

So glad things are going well in your life. Yes, your STBX was a booby prize. I'm sure when your daughters meet Mr. A they will like him too. I still am in awe of how quickly you found a better man than the one you were married to all those years!
Posted By: hope3343 Re: Play House - 08/31/09 04:36 AM
Yoyo, don't stop for 2 months all of this is happening for you!! See your new forum, interesting new man and you sound very good.

Glad you are peace with all of your decisions. You did it in your terms and worked it all out.

My D will be signed in Sept. H is living with OW now. It is just difficult for me still working where he is. I have to say that there is still love in my heart for him but I am doing ok for me and my girls.

D16 has seen her father twice in 9 months. Her choice. She is doing better these days.

Glad you are getting out there. I don't think I could handle the dating scene...ever!
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 08/31/09 06:36 AM
So my stbxh has found out about Mr. A. My cell phone is still on company plan. Yes, maybe not too smart on my part, but he is very open about being with OW. He takes her in public all the time. He called and complained about all the calls and texts I had from my "bf". I said I have lots of calls on there. He said "one is on there lots more than others". I said, "that does not mean it is a man and honestly, I don't see where it is any of your business or concern". He then proceeded to tell me that I needed to get my own cell account, that the insurance man would be getting in touch with me tomorrow about switching over policies, and that he had cancelled my business company credit card. I told him I did not see how he could cancel my company credit card since I was part owner. His reply was,"You do not draw a check from the company." I don't know all of the legalities, but I will contact my lawyer tomorrow. He also wanted to know about some money in the bank that was gone. I told him it was not gone, I had just divided it in half and opened up a new account. Half was in the joint and the other half was in the new. My lawyer had told me to do this, I did not tell him this though, I didn't want to talk to him any longer than I had to.

I was so furious when I got off of phone, I was crying. My DD21 walked into my room and said,"Mom, don't let him get to you." I said,"I swear he makes it so easy to hate him sometimes". She replied,"It's okay, I don't like him most of the time."

She then proceeded to tell me that Friday at work that her dad had grilled her about my phone calls and wanted to know if it was a man. She said she told him she did not know. He asked if I had introduced her to anyone, she told him no, which is true, I have not. He then told her that money was missing from the bank and to be sure she didn't let me use her key to the office. DD21 said,"Mom would not do anything like that." To which he replied,"You never know." I cannot believe he put our daughter in this uncomfortable position. She said it made her very upset he was talking about me like that.

About 10 minutes later. STBXH called back and said "one more thing I want to tell you,your daughter told me it was a man." (Both daughters are his too, so don't know why he put it that way)I said, "I don't see where it is any of your business."

I suspected that maybe he called and bullied youngest DD at college and found out. I talked to her later and she had not talked to him. So it sounds as if he was bluffing me and I fell for it. I told him he had been cheating on me for three years so why was he so worried about who I talked to.

He is unbelieveable. He cheats with this woman for three years. Takes her in public all the time. He either spends the night with her or she with their children present. He has the nerve to do all of this to me because of calls and texts.
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 08/31/09 12:05 PM
He is not so happy because someone is interested in his Yoyo. They are so stupid that they think this possibly couldn't happen, you have been interested in him all this time and so has OW. Geesh, he needs to get over himself!

Hang in there hon. I don't even want to think what ex will be like when I am in a R, he was always very jealous and possessive. They let go but expect us to keep hanging on...

kat
Posted By: theoden Re: Play House - 08/31/09 02:09 PM
Yoyo,

Of course he's upset. He still thinks he owns you and expects you to be at his beck and call.

Not anymore. Tables have turned.

Let your lawyer take care of the money issues.

You just have a good time.

theoden
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 08/31/09 02:47 PM
Who knows what is going through his mind, but I imagine it will get worse before it gets better.

When STBXH called yesterday on the landline, I was on the cell with Mr. A. I told him I had to go and answer the other line. I guess he must have noticed by the inflection in my voice that it was someone I did not care to talk to. He later texted me and asked me if I was okay. I told him that at the moment I was not and would talk to him later. He told me to call him if I wanted to talk.

I did talk to him later. He told me he was willing to listen if I wanted to talk, but if I didn't want to, that was okay. I summarized the situation, he was very understanding. He thought it was ridiculous about how STBXH was acting. He pretty much let me know that this wasn't going to scare him off. By the end of the call he had me laughing.

Odd thing is when I was talking to STBXH, he was talking about specific time lengths of the calls with my "boyfriend's" number. Unbelieveable....

Posted By: Sara Re: Play House - 08/31/09 03:16 PM
I'm surprised it took him this long to notice that you are dating someone. Of course he is playing the jealous husband. He always told you he was. Get your own phone, but don't back down on any other money issues.
Posted By: NoCodeBlues Re: Play House - 08/31/09 03:35 PM
(((((Yoyo)))))

I'd let the phone thing go. The company credit card -- I'd think about that, run it by your L.

But I would also warn your STBX that if it he keeps pushing you about the company assets, he will force you both to liquidate the company and split the proceeds. We all know he doesn't want to go there.

Seriously, your H is being an idiot (again). He's pushing his luck. If he doesn't watch it he's going to lose everything, as well as his W. He's too blind to see he's already losing the greatest thing of real value that he's ever had in his life -- you, Yoyo -- and he now stands to lose everything else.

He's such a fool.
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 09/01/09 06:23 PM
Gotta share this story...true but very funny

Today at lunch the biology teacher had the following onversation with a 10th grade girl whose wrist is injured and can't write.

Student - Mrs. C, my dad was going to write my homework for me last night, but he couldn’t write either. He has syphyllis in his elbow. Do you know what that is?

Teacher - Yes, I do. Doooo you know what it ?

Student - Yeah, like I said my dad has it in his elbow, but it’s going to be okay.

We were trying to figure out what he really has in his elbow... Unless.....oh never mind, I’ll keep my thread rated PG. LOL
Posted By: dday101798 Re: Play House - 09/01/09 07:06 PM
Ahh the jealous adultress X, STBX, however you have it. Sad, but comical isn't it? How dare you have a piece of the very same cake they had, right?

No no, we're supposed to sit around, be frumpy and wait for them to come strolling along like nothing ever happened, that they did what they "needed to do", heck with the kids most of all.

Yoyo, stand your ground, give up the phone, fine, you'll have more freedom that way and he'll be even more curious.

NCB hit it right, he finally realized he's lost you, and with a mouth full of his preverbial cake is freaking out.
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 09/01/09 08:04 PM
I went on my break yesterday and took care of the phone. I asked if I could just keep my old number since I was changing it from business to personal. They said since my name wasn't the primary account holder I couldn't, I would have to get him to call. I said, forget it, give me a new number. It was not worth it to me having to talk to him about it.

I really do have a hard time believing that he is jealous, I think it is more of a money matter that I went over the text limit and the bill is increased. I just know he is being a jackarse.

I called lawyer yesterday, but she was in court. I emailed her from my home computer on lunch break. As of yesterday evening I had not heard from her, she may not have went back to the office from court. I am not able to access my home email at school.

I did not call and let him know I had already taken care of the phone situation. Let him figure it out...
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 09/01/09 08:16 PM
oh, I think it is jealousy otherwise he wouldn't have kept putting "boyfriend" out there. I think you handled the phone the right way. You are doing so well and I am happy for you.

kat
Posted By: Matilda2 Re: Play House - 09/01/09 08:17 PM
(((YOYO)))

Can you keep the company phone just to communicate with your STBX? That way he wouldn't have your new phone number.

It's too bad that things may get worse before they get better. You sound healthy and happy,though, and you know your daughters know which parent they can trust!
Posted By: fightingirish Re: Play House - 09/01/09 09:08 PM
ahhhhhh he's made his bed, now he must lie in it!! This is truly hysterical. He is such a dunce... I actually like the fact that you have a new number. I would not give him it. If you have a landline, just keep it at that. Your children are grown and there is no reason for him to have your cell phone number.

I do think he is jealous, and I think he's chomping at the bit that you are interested in someone, and its not him!!

Love it love it!!
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 09/04/09 04:14 AM
Sooo...the alien stbxh called tonight to find out if I had switched cell phone over yet. I told him I had taken care of that on Monday. I'm thinking to myself, why didn't he just ask one of our daughters! He then asked the most brilliant question of all..."Do the girls have your number?" I should have said, "Oh no, that phone number is only for my 'boyfriend' smirk He was nice this time. I swear he is Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde....
Posted By: Sara Re: Play House - 09/04/09 04:31 AM
Yes, I have read the book. I dread when Mr. Hyde shows up. I'm surprised that he is taking this so well. This volcano is going to explode.
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 09/04/09 09:35 PM
Everyone on the boards has always said,"When it's time to let go, you will know." Of course lots of people in the "real" world told me long before I made my decision that I needed to let go, but I wasn't ready. I think perhaps if I I had been strong enough to let go a long time ago, my situation might have worked out differently. I let him string me along for way too long. I let him cake eat. Something I'm not proud of, but true.

As you all know I have made the decision I was ready to let go a while back. During DD18's senior year I was leaning heavily towards that decision, but I wanted to let her get all of her "senior" events out of the way and not ruin her year. As soon as she graduated, I was in my lawyers office the next week.

Today one of our substitues that I have not seen probably since April of last spring stopped by my room to chat. She knew what has been going on in my life. She asked me how I was doing? I told her I was good. She said I can really tell that you are doing well. Did you and your H work things out? I told her no, that I had finally let go. She said she could tell I was much happier. Funny thing one of my other co-teachers told me about two weeks ago that she noticed how happy I had seemed lately. So I guess my actions really show it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, that even if the marriage doesn't work out, we all can be happy and comfortable, but we have to do it at our own pace.
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 09/04/09 09:47 PM
I agree and I am so glad that you are happy. I had a situation a couple weeks ago when my dad felt he needed to talk to me. It is the fact that I am a pack rat(I come by it honestly) and he was telling me get a move on and start letting go. It has been two years afterall!

I am proud that I can say yes Dad you are right. I hold on to things to some degree to build a wall and keep people from getting to close when I am hurt. You wanted me to be done the second that I knew he filed but you have to realize that I am not you. I had to get there on my own and I did. I also had to deal with the bankruptcy which just closed in July. I know you are trying to help and I will get there, I am just not totally ready to let go and let people physically into my life.

One, I never would have even said that to my Dad before all this happened and two, I had a self realization. Now I can start to let go of some of the stuff.

Sorry for the hijack.

kat
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 09/08/09 09:25 AM
Kat,
Hijack away!
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 09/08/09 09:40 AM
Hope everyone had a nice long weekend. DD18 came home from college this weeekend. I enjoyed having her around the house immensely. Friday night she insisted I go to dinner with her and a friend. I had already changed into shorts and a tee, I told her to go ahead and just go with her friend. She laid the guilt trip on me about not wanting to go to dinner with my daughter. Needless to say I changed and went. LOL

I saw Mr. A three times during the long weekend. He came over for dinner tonight. First time I have introduced him to anyone. DD18 had already left for college. DD21 said he was a cute older guy and nice. I'm not sure whether Mr. A will take that as a compliment or insult. LOL He's just six years older than me, so I guess she's trying to say I'm old too! I just think he's cute period. wink

Oh by the way, DD21 said Mr. A is better looking than her dad because he has real hair instead of a toupee! grin
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 09/09/09 10:14 PM
Mr. A came over last night and hung some blinds for me. Afterwards he helped DD21 with her accounting homework. I bet not many students in her class have a tutor that is an actual accountant. smile

STBX got upset with DD18 Monday when she was leaving to go back to college. He wanted her to come by and see him before she left. She was already waiting for a friend in a parking lot who was going to follow her to her college, and then head about 40 minutes north to his college when her dad called. STBXH was out of town all weekend with the OW and her son at the lake. He did not call her until 3:00 to ask her to come by. I'm assuming he had just got back in town. If seeing her was a priority he should have stayed in town or called to see what time she was leaving so he could have been back in time.

DD21 got upset with him Sat. because he told her she could take a friend to the Razorback game about 2 weeks ago, but then that morning he calls and says he gave the 2 extra tickets to OW's kids. It worked out okay, because youngest DD18 didn't want to go so she gave up her ticket. DD18 is very social, she just wanted to tailgate and see her friends that are different colleges. She is my social butterfly. LOL

I hate that my daughters have to put up with his nonsense, but so glad I don't! It's so nice not have to put up with his mood swings. I did take the high road and tell them no matter what, he is their dad, they may not like him all the time, but they will always love him and to remember that. DD21 said it was very hard to like him most of the time.

When Mr. A was over here last night, I bet they talked more in one night than she does to her dad in a week. Mr. A continues to look better all the time.
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 09/11/09 01:39 AM
Glad things are going well. I just saw that I lost you on the alt. Universe:( I was going to see what you thought if we made your neck of the woods a meeting of sorts of a few of us DB'ers. Nothing really figured out just more in the thinking stages. So what do you think?

kat
Posted By: karen43 Re: Play House - 09/11/09 01:45 PM
Or my other idea was we could get a big bunch of us together and rent a lake home or beach home or something? Would anyone be up for that?
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 09/11/09 04:51 PM
Ohhh...that sounds fun...I opened a new alt univ site. You can find me by using the old name and taking out yoyo and adding another last name. The name was my maiden name. Use it plus my married name. Change the third letter from g to b and add t before s. LOL, complicated enough?
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 09/11/09 05:31 PM
I think I got it but will find out later tonight!! smile

kat
Posted By: Matilda2 Re: Play House - 09/13/09 05:27 PM
Checking in, Yoyo. You sound content!
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 09/15/09 04:40 PM
This morning I walked into my laundry room and my 4lb. chihuahua was pooping on her puppy pad. I looked at her and said, "Oh,I'm sorry" and turned around and walked out. It was then that I realized what I had done and busted out laughing. Now tell me, am I crazy for apologizing to a dog for walking in on her doing her private business or laughing out loud when no one is around. I guess I'm getting senile. LOL

The way our lives become because of our exes, maybe a senile state would be welcome! LOL
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 09/15/09 04:44 PM
That is just too funny!! Did you have a good weekend? Do anything with Mr A?

kat
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 09/15/09 05:03 PM
Hi Kat,
I did have a good weekend. How about you?

Sat. night Mr. A and I watched the USC vs. Ohio St. game and had pizza and beer. Sounding like one of the guys, huh? My team lost though. I pick my teams by the uniforms and Ohio St. happened to have awesome helmets. LOL Mr. A didn't gloat too much that his team won...

Saturday night our Razorbacks play, I guess we'll root for the same team this time!
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 09/15/09 05:19 PM
I pulled a good one out of the hat. Had a migraine part of the day Saturday and then "watched" the KU game via the internet. Yeah, we won! Watched some of the US Open and tried to catch up on movies that my Dad has lent me.

Had bookclub Sunday, so I was able to keep myself out of too much trouble. smile

kat
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 09/16/09 04:45 PM
I got a call from our insurance agent yesterday. We have known him for over 20 years. His wife and I used to teach together, so we used to be pretty good friends until I switched schools and kiddies came along. Everyone knows how that goes. We still stayed in touch periodically. The ins. agent said STBXH called him the Friday before I got my angry call on that Sunday. The agent said he was very belligerent and didn't want to listen to any reasoning. He told agent to drop my car from the business policy and to put the house and car insurance in my name only. Agent said he was cussing and saying he was ready for this s**t to be over, he also dropped the f-bomb a few times. Agent told him he would have to talk with me because if the insurance lapsed then we both could be sued since our names were both on title. Agent said he had a hard time getting it through his head. Agent asked for my numbers. STBXH said her cell will be cut off soon and she is never home so you will probably have a hard time getting ahold of her. Okay...I'm never home? Hmmm who practically lives with OW? Besides how does know when I'm home or not. I am home alot.

Agent said I can't believe how he has changed. I do know he is not a happy man.

Other than having to put up with the divorce mess, I am pretty well at peace. I've already got a date with Mr. A Friday night. Life is good...
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 09/16/09 05:18 PM
I meant to tell you before, but the quote you have is one I was using earlier this year. Great minds you know!!

I tried to get ex's name off the homeowners but since he is still on the deed I can't. When he filed bankruptcy it pretty much stopped anything that I could do myself with the house. So maybe in another 3-4 years when his is discharged I can do all that fun stuff.

And well as far as taking you off the business stuff, you are still a part owner of the business, I don't think he can be doing that. Double check with your L.

Have an incredible day!

kat
Posted By: Matilda2 Re: Play House - 09/23/09 06:42 PM
I had trouble getting my ex off a mastercard. He hadn't even used the card in over 10 years. Ended up having to close it.... and even that took his written permission. That seemed so silly, but thinking of the reverse I am glad you can be protected, Yoyo.

Thinking of you!!!
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 09/29/09 03:09 AM
Hi Mattie,

I hope things are going better for you.

I think homesickness is starting to hit DD18 who is a freshman in college. She came home this past weekend and plans on coming home this weekend. As much as I enjoy seeing her, I really want her to enjoy the college life.

Haven't got to see much of Mr. A lately. He is an accountant for a large corporation. He is so busy trying to get the budget ready and to top that off, his mother had to have emergency hernia surgery last week. She lives about an hour away, so he was meeting himself coming and going this past week. He stopped by my house for about 30 minutes last night after he finally left work at 8:30pm on his day off.

Had some interesting happenings this past weekend. The son of our friends (STBXH and mine) is getting married in November. I helped host an engagement party for him and his bride at the country club Sat. night. Lots of our friends were there. My cohostesses decided to keep the drama down and not invite STBXH even though all of their spouses came. They didn't trust him not to bring the OW. Honestly, I would not either. I appreciated they did that for me. The father of the groom came up and congratulated me in a very nice and sincere voice. I asked him for what. He said I heard you have a boyfriend and I'm very happy for you. I said I have a friend. He said well, I'm just glad you found someone you like being with. I said well, you know I have been through hell these past three years. He said I know you have and that's why I'm happy for you. This is a man who has been a friend of my stbxh for over 30 years.

Also STBXH's cousin asked his wife if I was dating. She played dumb and told him not that she knew of. He said, so she's not dating. The wife said, not that I know of. The cousin said, well, I didn't think so.

Sounds like STBXH maybe talking...don't know why he would tell everyone. Why he even worry about what I'm doing. I guess he is trying to justify that it is okay for him to have OW, since I have a "bf". Difference is that my "bf" came almost three years after our breakup and did not cause it.

Makes me so glad that I will soon be free of him!
Posted By: Matilda2 Re: Play House - 10/03/09 08:32 PM
Hi Yoyo. I am enjoying my new job. Have just a short term lease on an apt and I haven't bothered to unpack most of the boxes since I was planning on finding a house. However, now I think I'll just stay in the apt a while longer since I am not eager to move again and haven't even felt like house hunting. That tells me I am not ready! I have a touch of homesickness now and then, too! Although usually I don't mind being alone and find myself to be decent company!
Posted By: JAK58 Re: Play House - 10/05/09 01:56 PM
Hi Yoyo glad to hear you doing great.

Could it be that soon to be X is coming out of the fog?

Mat,

Maybe you should unpack and once you do you may find the need to find a bigger place. wink Hope you aer at least making friends and doing something outside of your aapartment. Even though it is nice to be by yourself sometimes.

JAK
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 10/05/09 02:47 PM
Hi Mattie and JAK,

So nice to hear from you both.

Mattie, definitely one advantage to an apartement is no yard upkeep or house maintenance!!!

Jo,
I'm not sure he is coming out of his fog...more like he can not believe I have the "nerve" to see someone else. In his warped mind he probably believes I am wrong for moving on after three years. Even if he is coming out of his fog, there has been so much damage done, I could never trust him again. He continues to take OW openly out in public...so I don't see any regret in his actions.

It took me over two years to come to the realiization that I am better off with him...but it such a nice feeling now!!! Yes, I mourn for my old marriage and my intact family, but he has made that impossible. I do not however mourn the fact that he is with her and not me...she won the prize...one I am glad to give up.
Posted By: JAK58 Re: Play House - 10/05/09 03:13 PM
Quote:
[/quote] I do not however mourn the fact that he is with her and not me...she won the prize...one I am glad to give up.[quote]

Yoyo,

So sad to be him if he ever comes back to earth. confused

I almost think that I may finally be getting to a place of peace in my heart.I have been drawing alot of insight off the MLC archives. From hearts blessings threads on page 82, six stages and it has helped me to put things in order.

Still working on the M but in a different way now.
Holding H accountable for his fantasy to OW and being supportive and patient as long as he is willing to work on us and not her. The line has been drawn in the sand so to speak and i am working on what I want more now. Things have been good. One day at a time.

How goes it with A/BF?

JAK

Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 10/05/09 07:08 PM
Received this in an email today... thought it was worth sharing.

Subject: Fw: Cheap protection and legal

You no longer need to keep your .45 or AK-47 sitting out on the coffee table... a can of wasp spray will do! Never would have thought it !!!A receptionist in a church in a high risk area who was concerned about someone coming into the office on Monday to rob them when they were counting the collection. She asked the local police department about using pepper spray and they recommended to her that she get a can of wasp spray instead. The wasp spray, they told her, can shoot up to twenty feet away and is a lot more accurate, while with the pepper spray they have to get too close to you and could overpower you. The wasp spray temporarily blinds an attacker until they get to the hospital
for an antidote. She keeps a can on her desk in the office and it doesn't attract attention from people like a can of pepper spray would. She also keeps one nearby at home for home protection. You could also keep it in your car and it's perfectly legal. Thought this was interesting and might be of use...especially for your loved ones!
Posted By: fightingirish Re: Play House - 10/05/09 11:09 PM
yoyo... interesting.. I'll have to remember that.

Hope you are well!
Posted By: Lotus Re: Play House - 10/05/09 11:33 PM
I met a really inspiring woman yesterday. we were both standing waist deep in the Gulf, with nothing else to do, so we started talking. After sharing the usual information, she told me something I'd never heard before. Her husband was a diabetic and had needed a kidney transplant, so she was tested, and they found that she was a good enough match for him, so she donated a kidney to her husband! Six years ago. And they both are doing well! She said the doctors told her this added 20 years to his life. Her eyes lit up and she said, "I thought about how great it would be if we could be together for 20 years!" Wow! That is love!
Posted By: NoCodeBlues Re: Play House - 10/06/09 02:22 AM
Heh... gives a whole new meaning to the term "pest control".
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 10/13/09 03:22 PM
Last week I managed to dodge the bullet twice when STBXH called. I was out both times. He did not leave a message so I did not take it upon myself to call him back. The third day my caller ID did not show who was calling. Thought it might be one of my girls so I answered it. It was "him". He had a question about our property taxes.

While he was on the phone he made the comment we could save ourselves a lot of money if we cold settle things without our lawyers. I told him we had to get a business valuation to decide things. He told me he assumed that my lawyer had told me he could get half of my teacher retirement. I told him I was aware of that. He told me with the economy I would be better off taking my full retirement and him getting the business. Whatever! That's why I have my lawyer who is hiring a forensic accountant for me.

Speaking of accountants....Mr.A finally finished his budget...wow, he is getting back to his old self. Amazing what stress does to you!
Posted By: karen43 Re: Play House - 10/13/09 04:33 PM
He told me with the economy I would be better off taking my full retirement and him getting the business. Whatever! That's why I have my lawyer who is hiring a forensic accountant for me.

I'm guessing if he wants you to take full retirement and him get the business, it's probably NOT in your best interest to do that!!! He's not just some kind-hearted soul trying to help you out! eek

Glad to hear Mr. A is back to his old self!!!
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 10/14/09 04:20 PM
I remember a few months ago I would have been so happy to get a call from the STBXH....now I wish he would stop calling! UGGGHHHH!

My lawyer recently sent some interrogatories to be answered for the divorce concerning both personal and business financials and such. His lawyer returned the favor and basically sent me the same questions my lawyer had made up. Mine was just a little shorter because I don't really deal with the business aspect.

Yesterday around 5:30 pm I was talking to Mr. A on my cell and STBXH called on the house phone. I saw on caller ID it was him. I thought if it is important he can leave a message. He did not. I then went to dinner with Mr. A. Around 8:00 I get text message from my DD21 telling me that her dad had called her wanting to know where I was. She lied and said she did not know...I did not tell her to do that. He told her he needed to get something from me, I'm sure it had to do with paperwork. When I got home STBXH had called the house phone around 8:45, but still no message.

My opinion is that he can leave me a message and I will gather whatever he needs and send it to him by DD21. Or he can write down what he needs and send it by DD21. He is of the stone age, he does not email. I see no reason to talk to him on phone unless it has to do with our daughters.

Am I wrong? Should I answer his calls?
Posted By: karen43 Re: Play House - 10/14/09 04:28 PM

My opinion is that he can leave me a message and I will gather whatever he needs and send it to him by DD21. Or he can write down what he needs and send it by DD21. He is of the stone age, he does not email. I see no reason to talk to him on phone unless it has to do with our daughters.

Am I wrong? Should I answer his calls?
You are 100% right imo. I'm thinking his calls are maybe also to keep tabs on you and what you're doing, dating or whatever. And I don't think your DD should lie for you (sweet of her though) but maybe tell him it's not his business anymore or something like that?
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 10/14/09 04:40 PM
Karen,
I agree with you about my daughter should not have to lie. He should not call her. If he can't get me on the house phone...then simply leave a message.

I'm sure it's killing him because I did not give him my new cell number! He actually even called his cousin and told him that I got a new cell number. While they were on the phone the cousin asked his wife if she knew I had a new cell and did she have the number. She simply replied, "Sure do" and walked out of the room. LOL

STBXH even asked me right after I got the new number if our DD's knew the number. I wanted to say "Duh" but told him of course they did. I should have said, "No, no one knows it but my 'BF' ". I guess when he asked if the girls had the number it was his way of hinting for me to give it to him, but I did not!
Posted By: NoCodeBlues Re: Play House - 10/14/09 04:57 PM
Gotta' love the cousin's wife for her discretion! LOL. grin
Posted By: saffie Re: Play House - 10/18/09 07:51 AM
Yoyo,

I know I have been quiet lately, but it is great to see you sounding so good
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 10/19/09 07:13 PM
Thanks so much for thinking of me. I haven't really talked to anyone else about it. Lucky you, huh? LOL I am trying to just focus on me and the rest will hopeful start to come together.

Hope you are doing well. How did your daughter's hair turn out?

hugs, kat
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 10/23/09 04:50 PM
So I got two interesting calls on my house phone last night. One was from OW's XH..yes, he still calls. I usually don't answer...it's just draining sometimes to talk to him and dredge up the past. He left a message on my machine saying he hadn't talkd to me in a while and hoped he didn't do anything to make me mad. Then asked me if I knew of anything going on socially.

Second call came from my STBXH...wow...what's up with all the exes? LOL He called asking me what I thought of youngest DD's request to move out of dorm second semsester. I told him I hadn't really made any comments to her one way or the other...thinking it probably would fall through with the other girls. I did tell him I wanted to look at grades before I thought anything of it. The girls are looking to rent house instead of apartment. Told him I thought apartment would be better because of yard work and and most houses did not have fridges and washers and dryers. He said yeah those are good points, I had not thought of them....I guess he realizes maybe I do know what I am talking about sometimes.

Then we went on to discuss other things about DD and college. We were discussing her joining a sorority. I said she was really interested in one, but I was hoping she would look at the one I was a member of. I said I was talking to Kris and...All of the sudden he said I got to go and finish my laundry. Wonder if he thought Kris was my "bf"...he didn't let me finish...she is a sorority sister I connected with through facebook recently...lol.

Two phone calls from two different men....just the wrong ones...lol.
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 10/23/09 04:56 PM
So Mr A didn't call? Would have put a nicer spin on the evening!

Is he done working all thsoe crazy hours or was that a short reprieve? Hope otherwise that all is well.

kat
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 10/23/09 08:26 PM
Kat,
Mr. A did not call, but I have recieved a few text messages from him today. Those crazy hours have slowed down, but now it is hunting season...hmmmm...

Today marks the three year anniversary of the bomb and when H moved out. Although, I wish that my marriage had remained intact, I also see that I am doing okay. They say that things happen for a reason...maybe so. I now realize that time does heal wounds. Also I keep thinking of this quote, "What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger." Kind of fitting for all of us, don't you think?
Posted By: Matilda2 Re: Play House - 10/25/09 05:28 PM
I now realize that time does heal wounds. Also I keep thinking of this quote, "What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger." Kind of fitting for all of us, don't you think?

TOO fitting.

Just stopping by to let you know I'm still thinking about you, Yoyo!
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 11/02/09 05:06 PM
Hi Everyone,

Dropping in to say hello. I've been so busy lately with those pesky divorce questions. Finally got all of mine answered and went visited with my lawyer last Monday. She said that STBXH's lawyer had not returned his questions yet...said she intended on sending him a letter. Next meeting with lawyer will be with an accountant to get ready for a business valuation. Too bad my Mr. A can't do it, he doesn't do that kind of accounting, besides might be a conflict of interests...lol.

As many of you know I have been separated for three years now and have decided to give dating a try. Funny, how I never thought I would be able to find anyone who wanted to go out on a date with a 40 something woman. I have found that once I truly dropped the rope with my past everything started falling in place.

I've been seeing Mr.A for a few months now, but it's really on and off...can't figure him out...lol. Well, I decided dating meant that you date and figure out if you have anything in common and it is not exclusive. So that's what I'm doing. I had a lunch date with a 36 year old Saturday...does that mean I'm a cougar? Mr. A called me Sunday and we had dinner. A former HS classmate of mine contacted me on FB and wants to go out this week, I haven't seen him in over 25 years! I've already been asked out by another man for this weekend, but I am having a girl's weekend with four of my friends. We are going out of town, I can't wait!

So hang in there everybody...for so long I sat home and moped about H and OW, seemed once I let go everything fell into place. Was it because I was happeier and more upbeat, maybe I don't know, but I know it sure beats the heck out of worrying about them.
Posted By: fightingirish Re: Play House - 11/02/09 08:05 PM
Im so happy for you, you truly deserve to be happy!!! I knew you would have them lined up!!
Posted By: JAK58 Re: Play House - 11/03/09 03:40 PM
Wow Yoyo , They are falling all over you!

You go girl and have a great life and a lot of fun living it.

JAK
Posted By: karen43 Re: Play House - 11/03/09 03:49 PM
Yoyo, I am so happy for you! Glad to hear you're having a good time with dating. (I'll be doing that soon too hopefully).

It sounds like it's hard to keep track of all your dating/galing. Wonderful problem though!!!

So what is dating like???? I know I sound like a dummy, but I haven't dated in 25 years or whatever (since early college years)! Is it horrible, wonderful, in between? I'm embarrassed to admit I'm feeling a little scared with it coming up soon...
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 11/03/09 04:45 PM
Karen,
Do not feel alone in feeling like a dummy...I too had not been on a date in over 25 years when I went out with Mr. A.

I do recall the first time Mr. A and I went out I was so nervous. He actually kissed me...I could have died! I had not kissed another man in so long! It took me quite by surprise. After parting I started crying because I was so mad at my H for putting me in this position of having to date at 46. Yes, I know kind of weird. But now I am quite comfortable...but it took me a while to get there. You just have to dip your toe in the water and get the hang of dating, unfortunately...lol, it was almost like I got pushed in the pool...lol.

My lunch date Saturday with the new guy was nice. He only gave me a hug and kissed me on the forhead...very tall man! I liked that much better for the first date!

I'm not ready for anything serious, but it sure is nice having a life again!
Posted By: SueS Re: Play House - 11/03/09 10:33 PM
Hi Yoyo-

You sound wonderful! I'm sorry that I haven't been in touch. I know I said I'd try to call. I've been thinking about you.

I'll likely start a new thread here soon and get back in touch with everyone. Back in August I was as calm and confident as could be when I told my H that I was done, that I'd take the first step and file. He begged, he pleaded, he promised..... Here we are at the first of November. No promises kept, contact with OW is over, but it didn't end right away as he said it would. Contact with a previous OW started. He hid things and didn't give me access to what he promised. He told me now that I can see his email if I want. He has a BlackBerry now, so it's very easy to delete it all. And I also suspect he has another email account.

I've told him a few times in the past month and increasingly over the past few days that I'm done. I have nothing left in me for him. Sad for D5, but nothing left for him. He poured on the "Nice". I told him that I see how it works.....that he only does it when he feels he has to and when he needs to. He had things to say to me and in the end he told me that if I'd treated him better in the first place that none of this would have ever happened. I knew it would be all my fault. I'd told him that I don't see it as a matter of if things fall apart again, but of when they fall apart. In other words, when he cheats again. He said that if I'm so worried about it the maybe I should get him a job with no women and drive him to/from work. It was unbelievable. He was nasty to me this morning and then called several times today to just ask me quick questions.

I saw an attorney today. I'm not sure when I'll file, but I need to get out soon. As I said, I have nothing left for him.

Sorry for taking over your thread. Just wanted to say hi and update. I'll start my own soon!

Take care & hello to all my friends who have supported me over the past few years. I'm sorry that I took so much time off.....but I think I'm going to need you again!

SueS
Posted By: saffie Re: Play House - 11/04/09 01:07 AM
Quote:
He had things to say to me and in the end he told me that if I'd treated him better in the first place that none of this would have ever happened. I knew it would be all my fault. I'd told him that I don't see it as a matter of if things fall apart again, but of when they fall apart. In other words, when he cheats again. He said that if I'm so worried about it the maybe I should get him a job with no women and drive him to/from work. It was unbelievable.

mad
Sue, I am so glad you have seen sense although I am so very sorry your H has put you through all this. He is a major manipulator. You and your little angel will flourish without your H to hold you back. Just look at how Yoyo has spread her wings and is enjoying herself. You just have to wait until YOU are ready to reach that point. (((((HUGS))))))

I know that just because you have reached it, it doesn't make it easy. You H is just a prize slime ball. I don't know what it will take to make him change, but my guess is that whatever it is it will be so big that you and your D5 don't want to be around him when it happens. One day his luck will run out with the drinking and driving.

We are all here whenever you need us....and if I am not on the boards, you know my email.

You, Yoyo, Sara, FightingIrish, LWB, SallyM....and all the guys.....you know who you are.......were/ are such a life line to me. What a long way we have travelled.
Posted By: Lotus Re: Play House - 11/04/09 03:35 AM
Hi Sue,

I was thinking of you last week when I almost got stuck overnight at the Minneapolis airport. Luckily, all flights were delayed, so I made my connection.

I'm glad you see through your H and his "lines". Seems like there is an endless stream of women who will fall for them. We're all here for you when you want to talk!
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 11/04/09 03:16 PM
Hey Suzy Q,

So glad to hear from you. Hijack my thread anytime you need to! Saffie is right. Without all of you I would not have survived. Much love to you all! You all know who you are!

Sue, I do believe it is hard for you to make some hard choice in your life. He has shown over and over that he has no intention of changing.

Sue, this Sue should become your new anthem, I smile everytime I hear it on the radio. Dedicate it to your husband!

I Look So Good (Without You)" by Jessie James

Hey boy I would of thought that when you left me
I'd be broken with my confidence gone.. so bummed..
Hey boy I would of thought that when you said that you don't want me
I'd feel ugly n sense something was wrong
Standing in front of the mirror.. my skin's never been clearer
My smile's never been brighter

I look so good without you
Got me a new hairdo
Lookin' fresh n brand new
Since you said "that we're through"
Done.. with your lies
Baby now my tears dried
You can see my brown eyes
Ever since you said goodbye
I look so good, I look so good without you

Hey I'd never would of thought that when you left me
I'd feel sexy n so good in my skin again
And I'd never would of known that
I'd be dreamin' so much better without you in my head
Standing in front of the mirror.. my clothes never fit better
My life's never been brighter

Got me a new hairdo
Done.. with your lies
Baby now my tears dried

Now baby my body's lookin' better than before
Ain't bitin' my nails since you walked out of that door
I realized now I deserve so much more than what you give
Than what you give (than what you give..)

Got me a new hairdo
Got me a new hairdo
Done.. with your lies
Baby now my tears dried

Got me a new hairdo
Done.. with your lies
Baby now my tears dried
I look so good ,I look so good without you
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 11/04/09 04:07 PM
Last night I received a text from new guy....we shall call Mr. C. While texting with Mr. C...got a call from Mr. A.... I don't have an exclusive relationship with either and not ready to yet...so why not have friends?

STBXH who? LOL

It is true when you finally drop the rope...thngs get better!
Posted By: saffie Re: Play House - 11/05/09 08:04 AM
Wow Yoyo. You sound SO good. It's wonderful to see/ hear/ read!!!!
Posted By: Lotus Re: Play House - 11/05/09 08:29 AM
I think I understand why there is a Mr. A and a Mr. C, but no Mr. B.
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 11/05/09 01:26 PM
There was a Mr B but he blew it big time!! Good for you Miss Yoyo.

kat
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 11/05/09 07:46 PM
Lotus and Kat.....good one! Kat is correct X's given name does does begin with a B...although there are other not so nice names that begin with B that also fit him! cool

Saffie,
I do feel better. Life is better than it has been in three years. I'm going to dinner tonight with two of my dear girlfriend. Tomorrow afternoon I am heading out of town for a girl's weekend with three of my other friends....girl's weekend...yay!
Posted By: SueS Re: Play House - 11/05/09 10:15 PM
Hi Yoyo!

Saffie, Lotus, yoyo.... Thank you.

Lotus, you were in MN! I'm less than 10 minutes from the airport too.

Yoyo, I promise I'll start my own thread tomorrow!! I'm glad to hear that you're having fun. You certainly deserve it. You're a beautiful woman inside and out and people see that about you.

H and I had it out again today. He said that because I don't want to try that this is my fault and I'm to blame. I told him to feel free to place all the blame on me but I'm not changing my mind. I'm still done. I told him that I intend to file. It was a long, nasty conversation, but I was able to respond to everything he had to say and very confidently. I suspect that once I file he will head on back to IN to his family. It will be my fault (in his eyes) that he never sees D5 but we all know that's not true.

Well, I need to get going back to work.

Again, thanks so much for coming back and being my support again. I will start my own tomorrow.

See you then!!

-Sue
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 11/05/09 10:46 PM
Sue, I did want to throw my support in though it is a tad late...some of my own mess going around. I know it has taken you a while to get to a place where you feel this is what you need to do. I feel for you but you are taking control of the situation.

I remember how much I hated Ex holding all the cards while we were in limbo. At the time, I didn't think I had any control over any of it. I just wanted to save my family. Now, I think if I had kicked his rear out, filed at least for a legal seperation it would have made a difference. Instead I was going through the gambit...trying to make him "see" what he was doing. Well mistakes I have made.

I am glad that you are sounding strong and standing by your decision. Lots of hugs.

kat

Yoyo, sorry for the hijack. You are sounding great. Maybe I can meet you in Branson sometime. I think that is close to half way. smile
Posted By: fightingirish Re: Play House - 11/06/09 11:48 PM
yoyo... have fun this wkend.. im really jealous.. have a drink for me!!!

You go girl... soon you'll have the whole alphabet to pick from...LOL
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 11/09/09 05:01 PM
The girls weekend was great. We talked, shopped, and ate very well. We laughed so hard my stomach ached. Good times!

The sweetest thing was Friday night when I and got a phone call from my college freshman DD's phone. It was one of her friends calling on her phone telling me how he was sad he came home from college and I wasn't home. Then he handed the phone to another one of their friends, who proceeded to call me Sexy Momma and tell me how much she missed me. But of course the sweetest part was when my DD told me she loved me and missed me. Can I get a collective awwwwwwwww? LOL

I continue to hear from both Mr. A and Mr. C. I believe Mr. A may be getting better about keeping in touch. Mr. C lives out of town, but will be in town Tueday for a class. We are having dinner together. I am enjoying both of their friendships. I'm not ready for a serious relationhip.

This will again be a short work week for me. Thursday and Friday I will be attending an education conference out of town. I really lucked out. The city that the confenrence is being held in is also the location of the wedding I will be attending Saturday night. So I will stay there until Sunday.

The groom is the son of family friends. I have heard that H plans on bringing OW to the wedding. I'll be quite honest with you all, that is going to be an uncomfortable situation. Many have suggested I should ask Mr. A or Mr. C to go with me. The way I look at it, the day is about the happy couple. I do not wish to add any drama to the day, so I will attend with my dear friends. I intend on taking the high road. I know I will be surrounded by many wonderful friends. I cannot say the same for H and OW.
Posted By: karen43 Re: Play House - 11/09/09 05:40 PM
AWWWWWWWW! That is sweet!!! smile

Sounds like you are so happy now--you so deserve it. I think it's good you're not getting serious too fast. Does Mr. A know about Mr. C? Was thinking that might be why he's being better--not taking you for granted?

Yoyo, you are such a wonderful person to take the high road. I can't imagine your friends will think highly of OW if she attends. As it should be...

Thanks again for all your special ed advice on my thread!!!
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 11/09/09 05:52 PM
Glad to hear that you had a good time. The wedding may be tough but I am sure you will handle it in typical Yoyo fashion...very gracefully. You are so incredible and I am glad things are working out for you now.

hugs, kat
Posted By: Matilda2 Re: Play House - 11/16/09 03:50 PM
As always I am proud of you! Look forward to hearing about the wedding and how you coped/survived/excelled. Doing all those "firsts" is hard (being in public with H and ow)....but it makes you a stronger person! (((YOYO)))
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 11/17/09 03:14 PM
Hello Everyone,

Wow, I have had a hectic past few days. It started Thursday. I had to leave at 6:30 am to drive to two day conference for exceptional children. I received lots of good information. On Friday the conference ended at 12:30.

Luckily, the wedding was in the same city as the conference. How is that for timing? I met my friends at the reception hall to help decorate. The rehearsal dinner was that night. It was very nice. The next day was the wedding. The groom's mother is a dear friend of mine. Her gift to the couple was the reception, she has catered a few in the past so she is very good at those things. Our circle of friends helped her out with the reception...wow, that is a lot of work, but was very glad to do it. Everything was beautiful and the couple were radiant.

There were four of us setting up the reception so we did not attend the wedding so everything would be ready when they arrived at the hall. After the wedding one of the friend's husband told me that "the couple" were at the wedding. I braced myself and said a little prayer for strength. I did not see them when they walked in, but did see them eventually standing close to the door. That is where they remained the entire time they were there. They probably stayed about an hour. I saw perhapys 2-3 men talk to my stbxh and they were ones I did not know. Other than that "the couple" was pretty much shunned. Keep in mind there were probably 200 people there.

I went about my business of enjoying the wedding. I was surrounded by several friends. I never acknowledged the couple. My friends were amazed by my strength and told me what a lady I was to take the high road. One of my friends overheard one of stbxh's longtime friends talking about how he couldn't believe that he brought "her" to the wedding. I noticed that this particular friend had a surprised look on his face when he saw me and gave me a big hug. I never saw him talking to "the couple". I had worried that I would get emotional when I saw them together, but honestly, I can say it did not bother me that much.

It was nice that I was receiving texts from Mr.C wishing a great day during the stay. Mr. A is not as mushy as Mr C but I did receive texts from him also, lol.

I guess Mr. A did miss me though, he called me Sunday night and then last night called me three times for a total of over two hours of talking...lol. He must have really missed me!

It's been over three years since STBXH walked out. It is true that time heals. I'm still not at the total indifferent stage, but I am getting there finally!
Posted By: karen43 Re: Play House - 11/17/09 04:18 PM
I'm so glad to hear you had a wonderful time! Everybody knows how amazing you are!!!

Funny that you were getting texts from your 2 bf's. I wonder why your X and OW even attended the wedding. Sounds like they were out of place and friendless for the most part. As it should be.

So glad you're almost to the indifferent stage. I think I'm getting there too. Remember all the pain/stress we went through a few years ago; life is much better now....
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 11/17/09 04:47 PM
So does Mr A know about Mr C? Not that they need to, I was just wondering. Of course they missed you and were wondering how you would do. You know if we were back at the turn of the century, I bet you would have been the belle of the ball with men fighting for your dance card. wink

kat
Posted By: NoCodeBlues Re: Play House - 11/17/09 07:15 PM
Quote:
I was just wondering

Me too. Glad I'm not the only one. whistle

It's so good to hear that your circle of friends recognize the lowliness of your H and his partner in crime. Not everyone turns a blind jaundiced eye towards infidelity, thankfully.
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 11/17/09 07:38 PM
For all of you just wondering...lol.

Mr. C and Mr. A do not know about each other. I am not dating either one seriously. Matter of fact I've only went with Mr. C to lunch once. He texts me often, but that's as far as it's gone. Neither has indicated they are ready for a serious relationship, nor am I. So for the time being I will enjoy their friendship and company. smile
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 11/19/09 05:54 PM
If you all will recall back at the end of August, STBXH looked at my cell phone bill (company phone) and discovered lots of calls and texts from one partiular caller. He called me up in a tizzy telling me I needed to get my own cell service (hmmmm...isn't business mine also?) and that he was going to cancel house insurance and auto insurance. I talked to insurance agent, he told me had not received anything in writing from H so until that happened not do anything about it.

Tuesday night H called DD20's cell phone and asked if she was with me and wanted to speak with me. Remember I did not give him my new cell number, although he does have house number of course. He told me he had paid up the house insurance for a year and the auto insurance for a year. Hmmmmmm...wonder if his lawyer told him he needed to do that? I asked no questions, but just thanked him. He was nice and I was nice. I swear I never know with him how he will act when I talk to him!
Posted By: smith18 Re: Play House - 11/19/09 06:04 PM
I need to start labeling my female friends as Ms A, Ms B, etc...

I just need to make sure to never refer to one of them as "Ms letter" when I am talking to them.

Ms A and I text about meeting others as we are just friends.
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 11/19/09 06:24 PM
Pretty soon our Yoyo will say "Yes, Pat I would like an N please, oh correction...Mr N" lol
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 11/19/09 07:06 PM
Originally Posted By: KerryK
I need to start labeling my female friends as Ms A, Ms B, etc...

I just need to make sure to never refer to one of them as "Ms letter" when I am talking to them.

Ms A and I text about meeting others as we are just friends.

Originally Posted By: kat727
Pretty soon our Yoyo will say "Yes, Pat I would like an N please, oh correction...Mr N" lol

LOL....The names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Only problem I have is when I get texts from them close together. I'm always afraid I'm going to send the wrong answer to the wrong man. I did send a reply to DD18 once that was intended for Mr. C...LOL. She texted back "What?" Better be careful that could have been embarassing... blush
Posted By: JAK58 Re: Play House - 11/20/09 02:28 PM

Quote:
[/quote]
She texted back "What?" Better be careful that could have been embarassing... blush
[quote]

Oh dear Yoyo that certainly could be.

Aahh to be in such a situation. wink

JAK
Posted By: fightingirish Re: Play House - 11/20/09 08:37 PM
yoyo... ditto what jak said.. lucky lucky... I should say they are very lucky smile
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 11/23/09 05:45 AM
I had a very nice weekend.

DD18 came home from college Friday. We went shopping and to dinner, DD 21 didn't want to go. We got home and DD21 came over. I enjoyed spending the evening with my girls.

Saturday I caught up on some much needed rest. DD18 went tailgating at the Razorback game and met Jermaine Taylor and had her picture taken with him. How cool is that?!!!

Sunday afternoon Mr. A came and got me. We drove to a Christmas tree farm to get his tree. We went back to his house and put it up and put the lights on it. We later went to store to get a new tree topper. We found some pretty angels, but all were blonde, I told him I only wanted him to get it if it was brunette. He laughed, but agreed. We shall continue the quest for a brunette angel. He told me perhaps there are no such thing as brunette angels, lol. He took me to dinner and then home.

I can't complain...things were nice.
Posted By: Lotus Re: Play House - 11/23/09 08:00 AM
Hi Yoyo,

It is nice when the college kids can come visit, isn't it? My son had his GF visiting from college this weekend, and it was as close a substitute to having my daughter around that I will get for a couple of months. I was sorry to see her leave today, but some mean professor threatened a pop quiz on the Monday before Thanksgiving. So she will drive 4 hours each way just to take the quiz and then go home for the holiday.

i hope you and the girls will have a nice Thanksgiving this year.
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 11/23/09 02:50 PM
Hi Lotus,
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your weekend as well. The college kids keep us young, don't they? Sounds like you have a great relationship with your kids also. I count my blessings everyday for them.

I do have to admit that DD18 is definitely a Momma's girl, but no complaints from me. She was 15, her first year of high school, when H walked out.

I guess all of the professors are being mean. DD18 has an algebra test Tuesday.

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving also!
Posted By: NoCodeBlues Re: Play House - 11/23/09 03:44 PM
Hi, Yoyo,

Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by, and to wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am so happy you are getting past all the hurt your H has brought you; like we've all said, you deserve better and every bit of happiness coming your way.

Hugs and blessings.
Posted By: JAK58 Re: Play House - 11/23/09 06:45 PM
I ditto what nocodes said Yoyo.
Have a great Thanksgiving.

JAK
Posted By: fightingirish Re: Play House - 11/23/09 07:27 PM
yoyo.. glad you are enjoying youur time with the girls!! and with your "mr. A".

Take care and have a Happy Thanksgiving! smile
Posted By: NoCodeBlues Re: Play House - 11/26/09 02:19 PM
Happy Thanksgiving (again), Yoyo.
Posted By: Matilda2 Re: Play House - 12/05/09 05:37 PM
Checking in
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 12/07/09 03:20 PM
Hey hon, how are you and the alphabet crew? Any new letters yet? wink

kat
Posted By: Matilda2 Re: Play House - 12/13/09 04:36 PM
???
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 12/14/09 08:07 PM
Okay...lol. Guess it's time for an update. Let's see hmmmm...where did I leave off? There's been a setback with Mr. C. I had lunch with him once and a quick dinner with him once. He lives out of town, works, and is taking some classes. It makes it very hard to see him. Then to top it all off he had to be hospitalized for Staph infection. He is now at home recuperating from his surgery. Poor guy. We continue to stay in touch by facebook and texting.

Mr. A, things are going okay. He is so hard to figure out. Just when I think perhaps we are just better off as friends he does something really sweet. Friday night we went to the movies. I tried to pick out a movie I thought he would like, but he said he wasn't interested in any so he said we could go see New Moon. He was pretty much bored...lol, but was a very good sport. He told me I so owed him, that he was going to force me to watched the manliest movie he could find. He invited me over last night to watch the latest Rambo movie, yep pretty manly...lol. Oh yeah, when I was at his house last night he gave me an early Christmas present, a gift card to Bath and Body Works. He knows I love lotions. I've been looking for him a really nice pair of hunting gloves that are warm and waterproof, if anyone has ideas.

There is a possible new letter to add....Mr. L. He is a classmate that added me as a friend on FB. He has been flirting a whole lot. I haven't really flirted back. I think he would be great to have as a friend, but not sure I want to take a chance on dating him. Funny thing is in high school, I always thought he hated me...lol. He said actually he always thought I was really hot, but was he shy around girls.Hot was not a word in our vocabulary in the early eighties...lol. I never got the shy vibe from him, always thought he was a little cocky. Honestly, because of the cocky vibe I got from him, I didn't like him. Never thought we would become friends almost 30 years later!

If you haven't started a FB page, I encourage you to do so, great way to connect with old friends. I've connected with high school and collge friends. Great to reconect with some of my sorority sisters! I guess I'm really getting old, and can't remember people. I had a man request to added as a friend. I thought I didn't know him. I looked at our mutual friends and noticed they were high school friends so I added him. I found an old yearbook. He was two years older than me so I never knew him, other than knowing who he was.

My youngest DD18 is home from college for the holidays. She finished her finals last Thursday. Oldest DD21 will be finished with finals on Thursday. Friday is my last day of school for two weeks....woohoo!

Oh one last thing to add....last Saturday I was late taking a shower. I was doing housework and did not get in shower until almost 3:00. I got out and put on my big fuzzy robe. I heard a knock at the backdoor. I figured it was DD forgot her key. I opended the door and there stood the OW's H! Needless to say I was quite embarassed to be seen like that. He just dropped by to say hi since he had not talked to me in a while.
Posted By: JAK58 Re: Play House - 12/15/09 06:23 PM
Yoyo,

Type in Cabella's, It is a sportsman's gear web site they have some awesome warm waterproof hunting gloves.

Sooo funny about meeting OW's xH at the backdoor in your robe!

JAK
Posted By: fightingirish Re: Play House - 12/17/09 05:14 PM
yoyo...love the robe story!! Thats so funny.

Seems like you are doing so well, and that is so good to hear.
Especially no drama!!!

So Mr. L huh??? Your so funny, I would just go with the flow... That's what's nice about fb you don't have to connect if you don't want to. People change over the years so you never know!!

I was going to tell you the same thing about the gloves Jak beat me to it. Sometimes LL Bean has that stuff too.

OOOOHHH bath and body works my favorite.. I don't wear perfume it gives me a headache, so b & B works is all I wear, what flavor to you like... Pink Grapefruit is my favorite, and the old scent Plumeria. Love it.

Whats up with you with the holidays?? Glad to hear the Girls will be home!!
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 12/17/09 06:37 PM
Thanks Jo and Tal for the info!

I've got to tell you a funny story about the alphabet crew. I have also lately connected with another man from my past online. He recognized me I did not recognize him...lol. Anyway here is the funny part. He is Mr. K, then there is Mr. L, and Mr. A's (named him that because he is an accountant) name begins with a M. So I have a K,L,M....lol. Trying to have some alphabetical order going I guess. So next person I meet needs to be a J or N....Hmmmmm....

I'm not ready to get into anything serious, it's just nice going out every now and then.
Posted By: Matilda2 Re: Play House - 12/26/09 03:21 PM
Just keep having fun! Hope you had a fabulous Christmas!
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 01/02/10 05:12 AM
Hi Mattie,
I had a nice Christmas with my daughters with all the trimmings. We went out of town on Thanksgiving. The girls on the way home requested we stay home for Christmas for my cooking...lol. Gotta love them!

How was your Christmas? It's time for an update young lady, haven't heard from you in a while.

I had a nice quiet New Years Eve with Mr. A. We cooked steaks and had a champagne toast at midnight.
Posted By: NoCodeBlues Re: Play House - 01/02/10 06:04 AM
Happy New Year, Yoyo. Sounds like you're off to a good start.
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 01/04/10 05:00 PM
Good Morning All,

Hope you all are staying warm in this deep freeze! My first day back at school and boy, is it cold!

I have to share a sweet story on Mr. A. Snow is forecast for our area Wednesday and Thursday, which is rare in the deep south. He was at a store yesterday and called me. He wanted to make sure I had an ice scraper and de-icer for my car. He said he would pick it up for me. Yes, a very small gesture, but a very sweet one. I'm not used to someone worrying about me!
Posted By: Lotus Re: Play House - 01/04/10 05:06 PM
Happy to hear that, Yoyo. i'm cold here in S. Florida too.
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 01/04/10 05:51 PM
About time someone is thinking of you! wink School starts back tomorrow here, the kids are not thrilled. lol Of course I get to get back up erlier again so I guess I am not so thrilled either. lol

Man is is cold out. I don't think the snow has any chance of melting any time soon. frown

kat
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 01/04/10 09:18 PM
I've seen lot's of stories on here about how friends and family deal with the OP. Some seem to embrace them and some seem to shun them. Let me share my latest experience with you.

My STBXH and his cousin have always been more like brothers than just cousins. He and his wife got married the same year we did. As a result we have always been very close. His wife is like a sister to me. Our children are very close. She of course has been very upset by all of this. For a long time STBXH didn't have much to do with his cousin. The cousin tries to fly under the radar, but his wife makes it clear how she feels about the situation. The cousin doesn't condone what STBXH did and has told me so, but still blood is thicker than water. Cousin is still very good to me though. The wife and I still do lots of things together.

On new years eve the cousin and wife were going to the casino to spend the night. Another couple was going with them. Another distant cousin, I never knew him, called and asked to join them and that STBXH and OW wanted to join them also. My friend (cousin's wife) was less than thrilled.

A few days before the trip STBXH and cousin were hunting. Yes, the OW was there also, they can't seem to let each other out of their sights ( a trust issue, perhaps?). STBXH pulled cousin to the side before the OW got finished hunting and said he needed to talk to him before she came back. He asked his cousin how his wife was handling them coming along for the trip. He also stated that the OW was nervous cousin's wife might say something to her. These were the cousin's words:

"You made this choice to be with her. If you are happy with her, that's fine. My wife will be fine, she will not be rude to her. Just like if Yoyo brings a man to my house I will not be rude to him. But, don't expect wife to act like she is glad to see her and become good friends with her. Women hold grudges for a long time. She will be civil to her, but not act all excited to see her, that's not going to happen."

I was very pleased the cousin stood up for his wife and me. I think STBXH was expecting him to say that everything would be just fine and dandy with no repercussions. It's like he just thinks everyone should just accept her and erase me out of their lives. It's kind of hard to erase 25 years of friendship.

By the way the trip ended up falling through.
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 01/04/10 09:50 PM
He must have wanted everyone to adore her or something. They so do not live in the real world. I have to admit, I am glad the trip fell through. smile

kat
Posted By: Matilda2 Re: Play House - 01/05/10 03:13 PM
It is easier for me now that I am in a different state than exH and OW. I no longer need to worry about running into them as a couple. However, I was feeling a bit blue with Christmas cards until some good friends that I thought were "writing me off" did send me a Christmas message. No matter if friends say they aren't going to take sides the relationships still change. Hope 2010 is a good year for you, Yoyo!
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 01/06/10 05:16 PM
I got this in an email. I thought it was great and wanted to share with you all.

HANDBOOK 2010

Health:
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants..
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
5. Pray.
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did in 2009.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.

Personality:
11. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13.. Don't over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

Society:
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.

Life:
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.

Last but not the least:
40. Please Forward this to everyone you care about, I just did.

Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 01/06/10 05:39 PM
I think I am going to print it off and post it! Thanks so much for sharing. You have at least one of your 3 people smiling. smile

kat
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 01/06/10 05:43 PM
smile Kat, it made me smile too. I thought it was great. I need to make it my resolution. Not all that hard when you think about it, but it sure would improve our quality of life if we truly followed it!

Hugs!!!
Posted By: Matilda2 Re: Play House - 01/10/10 07:01 PM
Thanks for the good advice!
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 01/11/10 05:12 AM
Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had a nice weekend.

Saturday night I spent time with Mr. A. Had a very pleasant night. It was so cold, we stayed in and watched movies and dined on a gourmet meal of chicken nuggets from McDonalds. I didn't even want to leave the house to go get food...lol. He said he would go get food and I requested nuggets, yes I know very healthy...ha!

Mr. A and I continue to open up to each other more about our previous lives. We both admit that when we look back that our marriages were not perfect before we were blindsided by the request for divorces from our spouses. Actually, Mr. A received the request for a divorce on his birthday.

Being able to talk to Mr. A reminds of me what was lacking in my marriage...no communication. I remember when I was married always feeling like H and I no longer communicated. It's like we couldn't sit down and carry on a conversation. I remember thinking wow, it would be so nice to have a husband who actually talked.

Mr. A and I talk all the time. Some conversations are deep and some are just....talk...lol. He teases me all the time that I talk a lot, but then will tell me he likes talking to me. I love that he is so smart and challenges me. Yes, he can be opinionated, but so can I. We agree to disagree...lol. It doesn't bother either one of us that we have different opinions on things. I love his sense of humor.

I don't know where our relationship will go, but I am enjoying the ride right now. He is showing that men do more than come home from work, eat and then retire to watch television and never leave the room.
Posted By: fightingirish Re: Play House - 01/13/10 02:34 PM
yoyo...

Thats really great, and I am truly happy for you.

I think that is probably one of the biggest fears Divorced people face is that they will not find anyone again, be it a friend or lover.

I had no doubt that you would find someone or "men" who would want to spend time with you etc.

Communication is key, definately... I think all of us could use a lesson on that one... It does get tiring being the only one talking.

smile
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 01/15/10 05:35 PM
You gotta love kids. Today in my first period class. I told one of my students I was concerned about his grade because he wasn't turning in his assignments. I told him you certainly don't want to have me twice next year for a make up class. He smiled and said I wouldn't mind, this is my favorite class. Then I approached it from well, you'll never graduate then. His reply was that's Okay, Ms. R, I'll just stay with you until I'm 46. I told him sorry, I gotta kick you out at 21.

TGIF...Not only is it Friday, it's pay day, and I have a 3 day weekend coming up. I have a date with Mr. A Saturday night. Woooo...life is good!
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 01/15/10 05:47 PM
See everyone loves Yoyo!! Thank goodness for the three day weekend. I know I only worked three days this week but it isn't fun being sick. I am really glad things are good for you. smile

hugs, kat
Posted By: JAK58 Re: Play House - 01/15/10 08:43 PM
Yoyo,

You sound absolutely Maaaaaavelous!!!!!
Have a great Three day weekend. grin

JAK
Posted By: Matilda2 Re: Play House - 01/16/10 02:32 PM
It is nice to hear you sounding so happy and stable, Yoyo. The thought of dating still does not appeal to me....of course, I haven't met any potential dates anyway- LOL!
Posted By: karen43 Re: Play House - 01/17/10 11:24 PM
Yoyo-so glad it sounds like your life is going so well!!! Communicating sounds great, and hand-holding, and all that kind of stuff. You deserve every bit of happiness! And that is so cute your student wants to stay in your class forever!!! What a sweetie!
Posted By: Lotus Re: Play House - 01/18/10 12:36 AM
Quote:
I have a date with Mr. A Saturday night. Woooo...life is good!

You sure didn't get very far through the alphabet with that dating thing!
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 01/18/10 05:50 PM
Hi Everyone,
I hope you all have MLK off and enjoying the day. I must admit I've been pretty worthless...lol.

Lotus, Mr. A does seem to pop up the most, doesn't he? LOL. I still communicate with the others. Mr. K....not sure about him...maybe a little too clingy. I think he believes we can pick relationship up right where we left off in college. Mr. L has been working out of town. Mr. C is working like crazy, he has only been back on his job for a couple of weeks after surgery.
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 01/20/10 05:34 PM
I just got birthday flowers at school from the kindest and most handsome man on earth....my Dad!!!

It's been a very nice day. I got perfume from my oldest daughter, the youngest one put this as her status on facebook "Happy Birthday,Mom. I love you!"

The girls and I are meeting tonight for dinner since they each go to different colleges. Wow, love my girls!
Posted By: saffie Re: Play House - 01/20/10 05:57 PM
Happy Birthday Yoyo.

Have a lovely night with your girls!!!!!
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 01/20/10 06:06 PM
Happy birthday!! FB says it is tomorrow. Something is wrong somewhere! Have an awesome day. smile

Hugs, kat
Posted By: NoCodeBlues Re: Play House - 01/20/10 10:39 PM
Happy Birthday, (((((Yoyo)))))!
Posted By: smith18 Re: Play House - 01/20/10 10:54 PM
Even though I have never posted to you before...

Happy Birthday Yoyo.

Did any of the letter-men wish you a happy birthday?
Posted By: Lotus Re: Play House - 01/20/10 11:25 PM
Quote:
men do more than come home from work, eat and then retire to watch television and never leave the room.

This would make a great headline! wink
Posted By: karen43 Re: Play House - 01/22/10 01:15 AM
Crap, I can't believe I missed your birthday!!!! Happy Birthday, Yoyo (one day late)!!! Hope you had a wonderful day!!!!
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 01/22/10 03:08 PM
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. Ya'll are the best!

My daughters and I all met for dinner. It was very nice. I told them we could postpone it until the weekend, but youngest daughter is going out town with her college buds, yes, she is loving college!

To answer the question of my letter brigade yes, I did get a happy birthday from each one of them...Mr. A was first on the night prior (yes, that is why he is an A...lol). I also heard from Mr. C, K, and L.

Mr. A is taking me out this weekend for my b-day. He said he was taking me to a chick flick of my choice. That is big for him! After we saw New Moon, he said no more Chick Flicks! Trying to figure out if I will go very girly or try to find a semi-girly movie that he may enjoy also. LOL
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 01/22/10 05:28 PM
Mr. A and I have decided to go see a matinee of Avatar and then to a Japanese Steakhouse for dinner tomorrow.

Anyone seen Avatar? I hear it is unbelievably awesome.
Posted By: Virtually_Handsome Re: Play House - 01/22/10 05:37 PM
Avatar is a spectacle! Some of it is a bit cheesy, some of it is a bit political, but if you don't try to think to hard, it's just a lot of fun!
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 01/22/10 05:48 PM
What happened to the chick flick? You are going to let him out of that one??? lol

kat
Posted By: smith18 Re: Play House - 01/22/10 06:01 PM
You have to see the 3D version. I saw it twice. Second time with the kids and D7 was a bit scared at times.
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 01/22/10 08:07 PM
We are going to see the 3D Imax theater one. I thought about the chick flick Lovely Bones, but decided I really wanted to see Avatar. At least we should both enjoy it.

I've heard so many people say they wanted to see it more than once and wanted to own it when it comes out on DVD.
Posted By: Matilda2 Re: Play House - 01/25/10 12:07 AM
Happy belated birthday, Yoyo! Glad you got to celebrate for more than one day!
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 01/29/10 04:17 PM
How are you doing? I heard the weather is going to get really bad your way, if it hasn't already. Be extra careful. Thinking of you.

hugs, kat
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 02/01/10 03:52 PM
Hi Kat,
The weather did hit us. We had freezing rain and snow. Not a lot, but enough to make roads awful and to knock the power out. We lost power at noon on Friday and did not get it back until Saturday at 7 pm. I am very fortunate though. About 4 years we had a home generator installed that hooks directly to the natural gas line. The power went out and a few seconds later the generator was on.

Sunday the sun was out and the roads were clear so I was able to get out of the house. My daughter and I along with one of her friends and her mother went apartment hunting for the next college term for them. We put a deposit down on it. It is so nice. Maybe I should sell my house and move to their city....lol.
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 02/01/10 04:09 PM
I know that is something that I will be saving for. They cut a lot of the trees down that caused electrical outages at our house so hopefully we won't lose power for a while.

We got a light dusting of snow overnight but it is already melting away. Glad things are better for you so you can get around safely. good to hear about your daughter too! smile

kat
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 02/03/10 06:06 PM
What a morning! I had to referee an argument in 2nd period class between a 5' girl and a 6'7 boy...chihuahua vs. great dane!

Never fear this "old poodle" won! LOL
Posted By: Matilda2 Re: Play House - 02/07/10 03:30 PM
Yeah for the old poodle!
Posted By: Matilda2 Re: Play House - 02/14/10 08:50 PM
And what are you doing for Valentine's Day?
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 02/16/10 06:09 PM
Hi Mattie,
How are you? Have a good weekend? How is your daughter? We are all fine here, just not used to the cold weather all the time. We southerners typically have mild winters!

Friday night I went out of town and spent the night with a cousin of my mine I had not seen in a few years. We were very close as teenagers, but you know how things get when you get married and have families.

She lost her husband to cancer nearly a year ago. We discussed the difference between death and divorce. We both came up with the conclusion that death is harder, but she had the reassurance that he still very much loved her when he left this world.

My cousin and I went out and I ran into more family of mine that I had not seen in years. We had a great time.

Mr. A was quite concerned about me going down there I believe...lol. He told me that if I was not too hung over Saturday he would like to get together with me. I assured him that would not be the case, and it wasn't!

Saturday night Mr. A took me to dinner and we went back to his house and watched "Goodfellas", quite the romantic movie. Ha! I actually fell asleep on the couch and he covered me up.....awwwww. He teased me about staying up too late the night before. He is absolutely correct, I'm too old for that!

I like Mr. A a lot, but he I'm not sure where I stand with him. We have been seeing each other for 6 months now. I noticed he still has a profile listed on a dating site. I have a dinner date with another man Wed. night. I still can't get over the feeling that I am semi-cheating on Mr. A. But, it appears he may be dating others, so as long as that is the case I will continue to look for "Mr. Right". It is called dating!!!
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 02/16/10 06:19 PM
If you are not sure and want to know...ask him!! I know I am a big chicken on that stuff so I shouldn't be one to talk. If it doesn't bother you than don't worry about it and go along until you do want a change.

Miss chatting but glad you had a good weekend. Kat
Posted By: runningoutoftime Re: Play House - 02/16/10 11:21 PM
Hey Yoyo, I haven't been on this site it a long time, but wanted to stop in and say hello. I just read through this thread. You sound like you are doing great. Your head is in a good place. I love how you always keep to the high road and you are just taking things slow and moving on with your life. I'm so impressed....
smile
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 02/17/10 07:01 PM
Hi Root,
How are you?!!! It is so nice to hear from you. Please update me on your life!

Hugs
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 02/19/10 09:14 PM
Looking forward to a nice quiet evening. Cooking steaks at Mr. A's house and watching The Hangover. He needs a stress reliever. This movie requires little concentration...just lots of laughs.
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 02/19/10 09:20 PM
How did the other night go? You do seem to spend more time with Mr A than all of the others. Maybe the alphabet gang will eventually dwindle down to a letter or two and you will know what you want. wink

kat
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 02/19/10 09:24 PM
Mr. A is definitely at the top of the Alphabet!!!
Posted By: Lotus Re: Play House - 02/19/10 09:30 PM
OK, what are you withholding?
Posted By: smith18 Re: Play House - 02/19/10 09:47 PM
I watched "The Hangover" last weekend. Very funny! What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

I would like to by a vowel.
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 02/19/10 09:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Lotus

Very good question! Out with it Yoyo!! LOL

kat
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 02/19/10 10:44 PM
Originally Posted By: kat727
Originally Posted By: Lotus

Very good question! Out with it Yoyo!! LOL

kat

What would you like to know? wink
Posted By: Matilda2 Re: Play House - 02/20/10 05:49 PM
I am doing my weekly "check in". I still don't have a computer in my apt since I keep thinking I am not staying there (and saving money since there is a compuer available at the apt complex and also at work).

I love stopping by and hearing about the alphabet gang. You inspire me, Yoyo....some day I know I will find someone I am interested in dating! Meanwhile I will try to keep all your men straight!
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 02/21/10 02:24 AM
Hi Everyone,

I think Mr. A and I are way too comfortable with each other...lol. We ate and then started watching The Hangover. He fell alseep. He then woke up and I fell asleep. Wow, we are exciting people! He did see most of the movie and thought it was hilarious. I had seen it before.

I have eliminated some of the alphabet crew for various reasons..guess that's why they call it dating. I am down to Mr. A and Mr. K.
Posted By: Lotus Re: Play House - 02/21/10 06:01 AM
We watched The Hangover tonight too. I was surprised my H stayed awake for the whole film. that means he really liked it.
Posted By: fightingirish Re: Play House - 02/21/10 02:48 PM
Yoyo,

That's funny, Im Glad you are having a great time, you so deserve it!!

smile
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 02/22/10 03:36 PM
Thanks for the chat yoyo. So do you think you might be up for meeting in Branson this Spring or Summer? Might be a way to break me into a bit more "country". lol

kat
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 03/05/10 08:33 PM
Well, I get to conquer a new milestone tonight. I will be introducing Mr. A. to one of my best friends and her new beau.

This friend and I have been through so much together. We basically got married at the same time and met through our husbands who have been good friends since their teens. We instantly hit it off. We did everything as couples right up to the point of having babies on the very same day! It must have been that camping trip we all took the previous fall....lol.

My H and I separated and this friend got me through it. She was my rock. Unfortunately, a couple of years later she and her H started having problems and divorced.

I always tell her we got married around the same time, had babies, the same time and got divorced around the same time, we have been through it all.

Tonight is such a different scenario for both of us, having new people in our lives. Here's to hoping our new guys hit it off! No matter though, I'll always love her!
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 03/05/10 09:05 PM
Sounds as if you and Mr A are getting a bit more serious. Have you talked about just seeing each other yet?

It sounds as if you will have a great time. Just be your normal, wonderful self. smile Don't forget to let us know how it goes, cause we are just nosy that way. LOL

kat
Posted By: JoieDeVivre Re: Play House - 03/07/10 01:59 AM
Wow, the Playhouse is still around ... but with a new home. You sound like you're going so good, Yoyo. I must admit I am slightly jealous!

No matter what happens, life goes on, doesn't it?
Posted By: Kimmie Lee Re: Play House - 03/07/10 02:50 AM
Joie!

Great to see you. I remember how kind you were to me when I first came here. You challenged me to put one foot in front of the other when I could barely make it from my front door to the mailbox.

Thank you!
Posted By: JoieDeVivre Re: Play House - 03/07/10 02:56 AM
Kimmie! Wow!! How are you?

I need to remember my own advice. Life has not been easy. My daughter keeps me going. I posted an update in the infidelity forum...
Posted By: Matilda2 Re: Play House - 03/14/10 05:35 PM
Yoyo, how did the evening go?
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 03/16/10 05:20 PM
Thanks for checking on me. smile Who would have thought things would turn around like they have? S17 got sick last night and is miserable today. I am knocking on wood that S11 and I don't get it. He should feel better tomorrow and then we leave Thursday!!

So which of your alphabet crew were you texting with? LOL

kat
Posted By: Yoyowife Re: Play House - 03/16/10 06:14 PM
Hi Everyone,
I'm behind on my updates. The dinner on 3/05 went well other than the ride there. My friend lives about 30 minutes away from our town. She called and asked if I minded if her sister rode with Mr. A and me. Well, her sister is very nice, but could talk the horns off a billy goat as we southerners like to say. She rambles on and on and does not know when to stop. I felt sorry for Mr. A. She talked about things he had no idea what was going on nor cared for that matter. I tried to change the subject several times, but she somehow always brought it back around to her subject of choice. He did comment that she talked way too much, but he finally tuned her out and went to his happy place...lol. Once we got there food and company were great.

This past weekend I spent Friday evening with Mr. A. Saturday evening I attended a surprise 50th birthday party.

Kat to answer your question about the text being sent to the wrong person. Here is the story...Mr. K was freaking me out with all of this talk about how he always loved me, but in college I ignored him, etc. There is more, but I will not get into it on here. I will save that for one of our chats on FB...lol. Anyway, Mr. K was texting me at the same time that one of my girlfriends was texting me. I sent him the text that I meant to send her about him. Ouch...but it wasn't so bad that I wasn't able to smooth it over.

I may be bringing a new alphahet letter into the mix. One of my high school classmates, Mr. M, that is on FB may come down and see me this weekend. Mr. A and I see each other a lot, but I noticed that he still has a profile on a dating site, which I do not. So it tells me he is still looking. It is called dating after all, so I think I will go out with Mr. M and see how it goes. He was always such a nice guy in high school. We never dated then, but were friends.

Next week is my spring break....woohoo!
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 03/16/10 06:30 PM
LOL. You are such a sweet Southern belle, I am sure you didn't say anything too harsh! Yep, I would love to catch up on the deatils on that one.

I think with some of this you just have to go back and see if things are really settled between you. Like with J, he is a friend just as he always has been, even when we dated. good luck with Mr M smile smile

kat
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 03/26/10 05:26 PM
So what is going on with you Miss Yoyo? Anything new from your crew of letters? smile

kat
Posted By: karen43 Re: Play House - 03/27/10 04:35 PM
Yoyo, so good to hear from you! Sounds like you're doing good as usual. I think there's nothing wrong with dating someone else you're interested in. Until you meet the right guy, I think that's smart actually.

Hope you're having fun with A or M or whoever today! smile
Posted By: Matilda2 Re: Play House - 06/16/10 12:33 PM
Is there a new play house somewhere? Ikeep trying to find you, Yoyo, without luck.
Posted By: kat727 Re: Play House - 06/16/10 01:58 PM
I think she is having too much fun in her house to come play here! I know she just got back from vacation, maybe she will stop by soon. smile

Miss ya! kat
© DivorceBusting.com