Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: BarbieDoll I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/01/08 10:11 PM
I have been reinstated! I can honestly say that for the life of me - I don't believe I should have been banned. I DO think that was a bit extreme. I don't mean ANYONE any harm. Never have. Never would.

I'm the sunshine girl. The Lemonade Stand owner. And I came here to this bb 7 years ago much the same way as the rest of you. DEVESTATED!!! My marriage ended at the same time as 9-11! Go figure! The same time my daughter became a teenager and my son started college. A time I will never forget.

When I came to the bb (after reading Divorce Remedy) I didn't even know how to post. I had to ask my son to show me how. And I was so proud of my first post. My name was travelbarb and my thread was "25th Anniversary Blow Up". The first person to post to me was Crisch whom I met a year later at a DB party. I will never forget her because she directed me to the MLC bb and made me feel less of a loser.

The first year SUCKED! I was here more than I did anything else. And there was always someone to listen. To support. To dry the tears. And they were endless. Just writing about it makes my heart hurt.

And I made friends. Lots of friends. Pearl (still one of my bestest), Frosty, Hopeful, Nursemom, Rapunzel, Friend - just to name a few who were there daily in the beginning. Many were to come along after me. And I tried to be their welcoming committee. Because you never forget those who reach out to you. And make you feel less of a loser.

These days I feel more of a winner. I think I'm winning at life. At parenthood. And in love. I didn't save my marriage but in my mind now - that would have been a loss really. Because when I really dug deep - I learned that it wasn't so wonderful really. But I had put up a good front. And a good fight.

I may not stay here forever or even for much longer. But I still have some advice to give, based mostly on my own experience. I still have a few newbies I check on daily. Who I truly care about.

And then there are the oldies but goodies whom I love. And I will never lose touch with no matter what.

My feelings about the issue that caused the ruckus have not changed. I am not mean. But I do stand up for what I believe in. And so do most of you it seems. Because while banned - I did read! And I learned that most of you also feel as I do. And I SO appreciate you taking a stand for myself, Beth, Jill and Fig. It really meant a lot to me and I'm sure for them as well.

OK, now its time to get back to life. Back to reality and back to the Lemonade Stand.

So - I'm pouring. And I expect a full turnout tonight. Because I'm mixing up Lemon Drops. And boy are they good. And I'll keep making them all night.

So - who's first?

CHEERS!

Barb
Posted By: SUMMER Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/01/08 10:15 PM
Welcome back Barb!!

I had NO doubt you'd be back!!

Glad you're here again!!
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/01/08 10:22 PM
Welcome Summer!

WOW - I wish I was really saying that instead of Welcome October - LOL!

You've been here 2 years longer than me. Most appropriate you were first.

So, what is your pleasure? Would you like a Lemon Drop???

Barb
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/01/08 10:25 PM
Whewww!
I was getting lonley Barb!

So Summer didnt ask for a drink soooo a nice cold one please!
Samuel Adams in a frosty mug, its like 100 degrees here!

No you are not mean! You were the first to welcome me when I came here almost 6 yrs ago and you have never ever faltered in your friendship.
I love reading your advice to others you have that gift, you, Bethie , Jill,others, even now I learn something almost every day from you guys.

I do hope the rest of our crew come back on their own if thats what they want of course, if not I will cont. my R w/ them elsewhere.

Ok Barb back to doing what you do,, making sunshine and perfect days!
Heres to you my wine tasting friend!
Posted By: naej Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/01/08 10:31 PM
Welcome back Barb, just in time for me to order a hot chocolate. Way past my bedtime but been busy working on laptop.
My tailess cat is already in my spot under the duvet!

So happy to see you back, not the same without you and the assorted motley crew.

nite
Posted By: 3K451 Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/01/08 10:33 PM
Welcome back!! I believed \:\) in you.
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/01/08 10:34 PM
Cheers Karen,

I heard it was 100 degrees. K from Burbank emailed to tell me. Or was it on Facebook? Hmmm - can't remember.

Yes, Karen - I remember when you poked your little head onto the bb 6 years ago. And I remember talking to you many a time way back then. I visited California just about that time too and it was cool to talk to you in "your time".

I want sunshine and perfect days. I'm heading back up north tommorrow to the cottage. To finish the wallpaper. And it will be CCCCCOOOOLLLLLDDDD! I have to get the papering done before we have to shut the water off before the pipes freeze.

And you're talking about 100F weather. GEESH!

Barb
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/01/08 10:36 PM
Naej: My other longtime limey friend! I'm putting Baileys in the hot chocolate for you friend. WIth lots of whipped cream and a cherry on top! YUM!

I can just picture your warm kitty. I remember meeting you and your pets at that lovely lunch in your home. And you've been with me from the start too!

My kitty Blu does that too. Kneads a comfy little nest in the comforter. Gets upset if I take my hand off him during the night. Good thing he likes Josh or I'd be in trouble!

CHEERS!

Barb
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/01/08 10:39 PM
Hey KB, BK:

Thanks for believing in me - that is an awesome thing to say!

I remember most the night I was in the Chat Room on Kent's computer (H2O Nut) and we signed in together putting our names together as BK (which also happen to be my REAL initials). It was hilarious because everyone thought we were YOU! Ahhh - those were the days. And he was my first Post D crush.

You're a good friend Keyz. Thanks for standing by me.

Barb
Posted By: whatisis Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/01/08 10:46 PM
Barbie Doll, welcome back but don't get any ideas about interfering with my takeover of the Surviving forum! Whatis is my name, meglomania is my game. I WILL be King of the Survivors. Btw, the position as my Queen remains unfilled...not sure why
Posted By: Trip Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/01/08 10:57 PM
Hi Barb!

Good to see you back and being able to post some advice that some people actually want and take!

Hey, wii! Careful for what you wish. I know there is someone here that would want to be queen but she will have to see your head off first in order for the role to be filled.

Lemon Drop please!
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/01/08 11:07 PM
Well Whatisis:

I am Canadian! How about a Canadian for Queen???? And Trip - she is also Canadian. And so is Leenie.

Oh no - the Canadians are taking over the bb! Even our election comes first.

Isn't that a hoot? The American election has been underway for at least 18 months. Ours was announced less than a month ago and the vote is next week. Ha!

Only in Canada you say? What a pity!

Thanks for the warm welcome back!

Barb
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/01/08 11:09 PM
Off with his head! Off with his head! OOPS - that is the Queen of Hearts. Or that other Golden Girl. Or someone like that!

Nahhh - we'll let him live. Cause I'm feeling generous tonight.

One lemon drop for Trip.

Comin' right up

Barb
Posted By: Reincarnated Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/01/08 11:12 PM
How about the lemonade, straight up? Or a Mike's hard one?

I am SO glad to see you back!!! \:\)
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/01/08 11:15 PM
Oh thanks you Donna,

I appreciate you taking a stand on my behalf as well as my partners in crime - Jill, Fig and Bethie.

And I LOVE Mike's Hard Lemonade! Do you like the Raspberry or regular? Oh wait - I'm giving you one of each. Cause we're celebrating tonight!

Barb
Posted By: Reincarnated Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/01/08 11:43 PM
I was just going to ask for one of each!!!
Posted By: Lissie Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/01/08 11:44 PM
Frozen Lemonade Margarita

And you were right

Thanks luv
Posted By: whatisis Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/01/08 11:51 PM
Originally Posted By: BarbieDoll
Off with his head! Off with his head! OOPS - that is the Queen of Hearts. Or that other Golden Girl. Or someone like that!

Nahhh - we'll let him live. Cause I'm feeling generous tonight.

One lemon drop for Trip.

Comin' right up

Barb

Umm, which of my heads are we talkin' about here? There's one I'm not really using much these days and the other I'm probably using too much...you guess which is which!
Posted By: FRIEND Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 12:23 AM
hey Barb,

I just get back to the board and just in time for you to get reinstated, thought I was gonna have to fight someone to get you back.............I knew you could do it all by yourself. lol

Perfect timing!!

HMMMM, let's see, one of those Lemondrops sound fine to me.
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 12:24 AM
Donna: I do have 2 hands. So one for you in each hand. I guess I will have to bite the rim of mine and hold on tight. Cuz I'm not putting it down. Tipping back head....

oh no - Mikes is running UP my nose! GROSS!

Barb
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 12:25 AM
Hey Lis,

That does sound good, doesn't it?

YUM!

Thanks for saying I'm right. When I was married I always wanted to be right (and usually was tee hee). But I've learned that its better to not always be right, just do right when you can. (let them THINK they're right if ya know what I mean).

Oh well...

Barb
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 12:27 AM
Whatisis:

Well, if you were 19 I'd say the you'd be using the southern one more. But these days - I'd vote northern. Needless to say - I doubt you'd want any chopping done of either.

Can you say "Bobbit"???

Barb
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 12:29 AM
Hiya Friend,

One Lemon Drop coming up!

I'm checking your signup date. Just about my original date. I signed up Nov/01 as travelbarb. Had signin probs about a year later and got new name.

I'm coming to your state next month. Any chance you'll be in Orlando? Food & Wine Festival is on.

Barb
Posted By: whatisis Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 12:29 AM
Whatisis:

Well, if you were 19 I'd say the you'd be using the southern one more. But these days - I'd vote northern. Needless to say - I doubt you'd want any chopping done of either.

Can you say "Bobbit"???

Barb

Too late anyway, W already took the southern one and the ping pong balls that went with it!
Posted By: *KS*Chick* Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 12:36 AM
welcome back BB!

I miss the excitement most times round here but glad you're back!

Can you spike my lemon drop with cold meds?
Posted By: Reincarnated Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 12:52 AM
Barb--
Mike's up the nose? That must have stung! Hope it has gone numb by now...
Posted By: poet Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 01:17 AM
Hi Barb,

Guess what? I live in Florida.

poet
P.S. You're going to be upset at me, but I called my husband yesterday, twice. The first time, I asked if he ever misses me. His answer: "I think about you sometimes. How's that?"

The second time, I asked him to take me out "one more time." His answer: "If I feel like it, I'll call you."

I have not called him since.

poet/poet/peace!
Posted By: Reincarnated Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 01:27 AM
Oh, Barb....is she one of your newbies? Get over there, girl!!
Posted By: whatisis Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 01:34 AM
Originally Posted By: poet
Hi Barb,

P.S. You're going to be upset at me, but I called my husband yesterday, twice. The first time, I asked if he ever misses me. His answer: "I think about you sometimes. How's that?"

The second time, I asked him to take me out "one more time." His answer: "If I feel like it, I'll call you."

I have not called him since.

poet/poet/peace!

Wow Poet, it sounds like he's really hot for ya! Stop yourself NOW. If you keep this up you will be out of the consideration for the Queen of the Survivors forum position... don't make me come down there, OK... 'nuff said.
Posted By: Trip Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 01:35 AM
Barb,

Your comment on being right stood out because that was me. Funny thing is I was told I was right all of the time and yet was never listened to. Like my advice was never taken. Later on it was, "you were right, I should have listened to you." I wish I had a dime...
Posted By: Briget Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 01:35 AM
Poet,

please dont do that again.Baby girl(shoot I hope your younger than me)your setting yourself up for pain.Your worth more than that.

Of course I'm only going by what I just read.I could be wrong.I have got to find your thread and see.

By the way I'm in Florida to.

Barb,

Welcome back.I'm not sure I'm staying.I'm still watching to see what happens before I decide.We have been here a long time and yes we have a lot to offer.But I will only stay where I'm wanted.And right now it just doesn't quit feel like us oldtimers are wanted.I'm watching and waiting.

Either way I'm glad your back!!!!

Later Friend.
Briget
Posted By: LL44 Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 01:43 AM
Oh thank GOODNESS girl! \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) Welcome back.
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 01:46 AM
Whatisis:

Then its time to get them back!

Barb
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 01:48 AM
Hey KS!

Hot lemon toddy perhaps? You aren't the first one I've heard that has a cold this week. Sure hope I can avoid that! It sucks!

Cheers!

Barb
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 01:49 AM
Donna:

Oh it bubbled and burned. Totally YUCK!

No nettie pot here.

Barb
Posted By: Jeanette1120 Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 01:53 AM
\:\)

Now thats better!!

Alot more laughter and smiling now!

Welcome back!

Hugs!

Jeanette
Another Floridian!!
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 01:54 AM
Hi Poet:

You are one I was upset I could not post to. Because you are still in the early stages and I'm really hoping I can make a difference for you.

So - where in Florida are you? I have a timeshare at Disney. I'll be there for more than 2 weeks. I have a severely disabled adult son who I am taking to see Mickey along with his nurse. After that I'm going to Food & Wine at Epcot, attending a club I belong to for my hobby, visiting friends and attending a show. I keep busy. I LOVE Florida.

OUCH - your H's remarks must've stung. I'm sure that would make you NOT want to phone him.

I have to say this. Try to remember reverse psychology. We never really want what we have. But we usually want what we can't have. The trick is to not let him think he "has" you. That is why I keep suggesting going dark. Let him wonder. Possibly miss you. Maybe then he will come looking.

I hope you are doing ok tonight. I'm sorry I was not there for you the past couple of days.

Barb
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 01:56 AM
Yes, Poet is one of my newbies. And I do try to check on her at least once a day. I really do care what happens to her. I'm so glad she ventured over here to find me.

Thanks Poet!

Barb
Posted By: whatisis Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 01:59 AM
Whatisis:

Then its time to get them back!

Barb

Get what back?
Actually, I'm quite enjoying singing along with the BeeGees with my new higher pitched voice.
Ya see, there's always something to be thankful for in any situation! \:\)
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 02:00 AM
Oh Trip:

I can relate totally.

"You are right. You are ALWAYS right". It was right up there with "yes dear".

And if we disagreed I would go to great lengths to prove him wrong. And me right. And then somewhere when the M fell apart - I got it. I don't HAVE to be right all the time. And even if I am - I don't have to rub it in his face.

Sometimes Ashley and I disagree. And she does something her way and fails. Then she comes back and tells me I was right and she should have listened. And that is so much better than me pointing it out to her saying "I'm right, I'm right".

It has been a rough couple of days with her. I'll get around to talking about it soon. Maybe not tonight. I am tired. Been up since 4:30.

Barb
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 02:04 AM
Thanks Briget!

Like you, I've been here a long time and it is kind of like home. I want to decide if I stay or if I go. I don't want that right taken away from me.

Poet has a thread under Newcomers, though I first found her on the MLC forum. We've been discussing "going dark" for a little while now. But I'm sure you remember what it was like in the beginning. I could never figure out why to do that. Seemed like the opposite of what I THOUGHT I should be doing. In hindsight - I think I understand it better.

So - we're all going to be in Florida - Brig, Friend, Poet and myself. Wanna ride Space Mountain?

Barb
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 02:05 AM
Hey lwb!

Thanks for the great ear to ear smiles! You made my day too!

Barb
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 02:06 AM
Hey Jeanette!

Yep - Sunshine and laughter and Florida sun!

It's like a Golden Girls reunion - LOL!

Thanks for the welcome back!

Barb
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 02:10 AM
Whatisis:

I love the BeeGees. I saw them live at Hamilton Place years ago. I guess I was a teen. Went to a tribute performance by BeeGees and Abba 2 years ago here at Grape & Wine Festival. Such fun. THey had one hit after another. I can still picture Maurice (was it Maurice or Robin?) with his hand on his ear as he sang. Kind of weird actually.

"I started a joke, which started the whole world crying. Oh but I didn't see that the joke was on me"

Barb
Posted By: chicki Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 02:12 AM
Jeanette!

Gosh crazy girl u! Where u been??
Have u updated on yr thread??
Did u ever get all the house issues fixed? Update!

Sorry for the hijack!
We will now bring u back to yr original program...

dont know y Barb but u sound of good mind and i like yr advice, keep it up!
Posted By: whatisis Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 02:16 AM
Whatisis:

I love the BeeGees. I saw them live at Hamilton Place years ago. I guess I was a teen. Went to a tribute performance by BeeGees and Abba 2 years ago here at Grape & Wine Festival. Such fun. THey had one hit after another. I can still picture Maurice (was it Maurice or Robin?) with his hand on his ear as he sang. Kind of weird actually.

"I started a joke, which started the whole world crying. Oh but I didn't see that the joke was on me"

Barb

The Bee Gees are great! There is no way in the world that you can be depressed when you put on a BG's tune, pinch your nose and sing along in a high nasal tone. It's just not possible to be bummed out when you can't stop laughing. Do it with friends, me and the Hamster are gonna give it a go tonight at my "one year in the apartment" party! Whew, talk about a good time.
Posted By: Briget Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 02:18 AM
The last time I rode space mountain I almost fell out.Can I just go on It's a small world?

Or I could just hold everyones purses and sodas.
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 02:24 AM
Well, the past 2 days were very difficult days. Not for the reason you think. Mostly it was trouble with my daughter.

As you know, Ashley (age 20) started a new job, training at a place that services Apple computers. Her ex BF (18 months - broke up in July but still friends) works there. So does the guy she had just started dating (but she stopped it because he was too controlling), his ex, her cousin, Ashley's cousin and most of their friends. Sounds like Gilligan's Island. Or as I told her on the first day "Peyton Place" and so it turned out.

Nick (former BF and now friend) has been there 2 years and worked alongside Adam (the one she just dumped). Adam had been bothering Nick since Ashley's stopped dating him. Then when Ash started there last week, Adam's ex and her cousin were constantly bugging Ash. Ok - not pleasant, but not bad.

Mon night Ashley came home just sobbing. Adam has been harrassing/stalking her. While I was in Iowa he had come to the door at 6 AM, persisting in ringing the bell and knocking (he knew I was away). She finally talked to him. He could not sleep because she did not want to be with him.

Over the weekend Adam started appearing on Ashley's boards (like our board) - mostly teen girl forums - she is a moderator on one to help teens with their problems. He followed her around online. She had posted that she thought a boy that worked with her was cute but his GF was a bitch. He printed that out and showed it to the guy and his GF!

Next he tapped into Nick's work email and found some emails to Ashley. He forwarded them to every person in the company. Some amusement! He also copied and forwarded some of Ashley's personal emails as well. She was mortified. Nick had had enough.

I came close to reporting it to the police but gave it another day. Nick decided to quit his job of 2 years because of it. Ashley didn't go in yesterday. She pulled herself together, though, and went in today. She and Nick both spoke to supervisors. Ash started texting me that people were making her feel very uncomfortable. I encouraged her to stick it out.

The manager called her in. Showed her a printout of what she had written on her board last week. "I just got a job at M.... where they service Apple computers. I am so excited". Told he she can't write info about work on a public board. She asked what was wrong with what she wrote. He said "nothing - just wanted to make sure you didn't say more". She told him she thought it was far worse that someone had followed her to a board they didn't belong to and copied her. She said she didn't feel comfortable working there. He asked her not to leave. She quit anyway.

So - It's been crazy around here. My brother knows this guy and says he will stop at nothing to get what he wants. I have been worried for her.

And on top of it my dad has been sick too. I took him to the dr yesterday and its not as bad as we thought. Still - he needs some time to start feeling better.

I hope this all blows over. If anything more happens I WILL involve the police.

No wonder I am tired.

Barb
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 02:25 AM
Hi Chicki!

You know me now! Thanks for stopping by!

Barb
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 02:28 AM
Have a great One Year party. I truly believe home is where you hang your heart. It might not be what you envisioned but you can make it yours.

I have lots of fav BeeGees, but I like the early stuff more than the Sat. Night Fever stuff.

I just gotta getta message to you
Hold On, Hold On
One more hour and my life will be through
Hold On, Hold On

Barb
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 02:29 AM
Hey Brig!

Now THERE's a song that stays stuck in your head. For the rest of your life!

It's a Small World After all!

How about Spaceship Earth at Epcot. Totally not scary. But everyone loves it because you go up in the big ball.

Barb
Posted By: Briget Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 02:36 AM
Have you ever been to Pleasure Island?

I went once with my best friend.We went to one of the dance clubs.They had a dance floor that went around like a record.I got on it just fine.However when I tried to get off one leg stayed on and one leg got off.I didn't know I could do the splits.LOL My best friend couldn't help me up.She was laughing so hard.
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 02:48 AM
Yes, went there a few times. I'm not much into clubs though. Aviators was kind of fun and Mannequins. I never went to Eight Tracks but thought I'd like that one.

Barb
Posted By: Reincarnated Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 04:09 AM
Barb--
What a sh!tty thing for your daughter....I hope this guy gets bored and moves on with her not being within eyesight of him...

Play another song...
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 12:11 PM
Morning!

I got some sleep last night. I was so tired. Worrying about Ash has sucked some life out of me. But she seems ok this morning and nothing further happened. The guy is back with his ex GF so if he doesn't want to strain THAT R, he will likely back off. She has blocked him from everything. I still think he should get some type of reprimand but perhaps he did.

Barb
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 12:19 PM
Morning Friends!

Coffee is on. I need it today. Anyone want Baileys?

Leaves are changing. Must remember to bring my camera to the cottage today. I WILL be on the water - like it or not - the Seadoo needs to go into storage along with the canoe. I hope it is sunny on the w/e. Josh will be coming up and there is nothing like paddling the canoe and seeing the most brilliant colours imaginable. My cottage is truly in one of the most scenic places on earth. People will come from miles around to see the Autumn splendour.

Had a nice chat with Josh last night and updated him on the stress of the past couple of days. He listened and supported. He thinks cyber bullying might be a criminal code offense. He would not hesitate to phone the Police either. I don't wish to escalate things but if one more thing happens I will squash my w/e plans, stay here and do what it takes to further protect her. My family (brother & one sis, Leenie) as well as a good friend know what is going on and have offered their support to Ash if anything occurs and I am not here.

Now, on to good stuff. I am so excited to have been given a new dollhouse to fix up. It had been donated to the library. I thought it would be rough but its really quite nice. Needs some repairs. Doors and windows have been removed and some gingerbread trim is broken. But the rooms are not bad. Some touchup painting in spots and new flooring. I thought all the walls would need new papering but most are just fine. Strange hobby you must be thinking but I love it. So creative and fun. Even Ashley was impressed with this one. Of course I'm now a miniature real estate magnate as I continue to acquire more homes.

On to REAL wallpapering at the cottage and planting bulbs in the garden. I hope to finish but doubt that will happen. To be sure - it is more likely I will need to make one more trip away.

But lots to do this morning. Best get on it. Life is good!

Barb
Posted By: Reincarnated Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 01:04 PM
Barb--
Wish I could send you the dollhouse in my basement. It was given to me by my friend down the block after her D got too old to have interest in finishing it (it isn't even painted yet, or shingled). Here my D is 9 and not interested, either...

I should put it on Freecycle so someone can make it something worthwhile...

Your cottage sounds WONDERFUL!!

Hug Ash for me...
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 01:37 PM
Hey Donna,

I have a friend in CT who does dollhouses. I might ask her if she is interested. What do you think?

My cottage is more wonderful than it was a couple of months ago - I'm excited by the progress I made this year. Not that it was bad at all - just dated.

Barb
Posted By: Reincarnated Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 01:49 PM
Please let me know about the house - poor thing has been collecting dust.

I'd love to see pics of the cottage - do you have them up?
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 01:53 PM
Hi!

I have some new cottage photos I uploaded last week. Not sure where I can post them. Let me know and I could do that when I get back.

I can ask Nicki (dollhouse friend in Ct) if she might be interested in the DH. She runs a Yahoo Group called Dollhouse Miniatures. You could go on there and post about it.

Barb
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 11:21 PM
OK, made it to the cottage. And it CCCCOOOLLLLDDDD here! But the colours are incredible. They say you need warm days and cold nights to get the best displays. And we have it! This w/e will be the perfect time to be here.

Brandon and his friends were here on the w/e and one of the girls made me a twig chair!!! I have wanted one for the past 10 years. Good thing I left that "Rustic Furniture Building" book out - LOL!

Tommorrow I will wallpaper. I need to get a lot done if I plan to close up this weekend.

K forwarded me a great description of parenting. Had to laugh> Talked a lot about the demands of kids and the cost. Guess what? I forwarded to my kids AND my ex. YUP - haven't sent him an email in 6.5 years. Haven't talked to him in over a year. Doubt I'll get any response but that wasn't my purpose. It just makes you think - in a funny way.

Ash saw her dad last night. Gave him her tuition bill (so he might pay his 1/3 share). He said he'll pay next week so that's good. He did ask about her job. She told him it wasn't going so well. I am NOT surprised she didn't tell him she had quit. I KNOW how he would have reacted. No doubt she'd like a new job first, and then tell him.

Not much on tv tonight. And that's what I had planned to do. Oh well. I'll probably read.

Barb
Posted By: Trip Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 11:29 PM
Barb,
I missed the part where Ash had quit.
Maybe for the better, by the sounds of it. Hopefully, she will find something else soon and perhaps where there is no one she knows. Start fresh and all.

Reading here, too for the most part. Hurt my back yesterday and am resting in bed. D@mn laundry!!!. I hurt! \:\(

Hope you are reading something good.
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/02/08 11:38 PM
Yep, reading something good, Trip - the board - HA!

I have several decorating books. I LOVE decorating books. And the newspaper.

I might not have posted it here. OOPS! Ash texted me that she was VERY uncomfortable at work yesterday. A lot of people were giving her a hard time after her Ex BF had forwarded personal emails from her and guy friend to the rest of the workplace. Then to top it off - she got called into the manager's office. Instead of being upset with the moron who sent them out - he told Ash she had posted work info on a public board. This is what she wrote "I just got a new job at M.... They do contract work for Apple computers". That was it! Then he admitted there was really nothing wrong with it but wanted her not to write more. Then she told him about what Ex BF had done. He didn't seem to care. So Ash basically told him to "Take this job and shove it - I aint workin' here no more". Well, sort of. But she left. And the trouble makers THINK she got fired.

Anyway, she needs to be out of that negative atmosphere. She was out job seeking today. Is concentrating on her college courses and cancelled her gym membership (too costly). I think she learned something.

I hope you are feeling better. Pamper yourself tonight. Take a bubble bath. It's kind of too cold for that here tonight. I'll be using my 'lectric blankie!

Barb
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/03/08 12:08 AM
Barb
I'm sorry about Ash, a young girl dosnt need that crapola!
Whats wrong w/ that guy?? I do hope hes done w/ his harrassing, are you nervous about it?
Ya gotta wonder what goes thru their minds!!

I am sure you guys have the same laws for restraining orders if by chance he dosnt stop right? maybe you mentioned that, I've been busy today and not been able to read alot.

Either way hope all is ok w/ Ash
Hows the wallpaper comin?
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/03/08 12:09 AM
Quote:
K forwarded me a great description of parenting.

It sure hit home w/ a lot of us uh? lol
My sis sent it, and her kids are only 13 and 8 she has a lot more comin! lol
Posted By: Briget Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/03/08 12:16 AM
Oh oh send it to me.I wanna see.Is it something I can let a moody 14 year old see.LOL
Posted By: HappyToday Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/03/08 12:20 AM
I see Barb that you still hope your X will pay his third. It's sad really. They're still sad. With gas prices and food prices through the roof, you'd think they'd pay something toward their kids'. But as for me, I decided right. My X is a moneygrubbing SOB who will never think about anyone but himself.

I spent the afternoon talking with dentists and oral surgeons ( wisdon teeth no less) and I have given the boys' credit cards for gas. Which ain't cheap. But I'm their mom. I think they need me now more than ever.

But Barb, if these boys spend 2 hours with their dad per week he's lucky. I spend much time with them. I am the one who benefits. Just as you do with Ashley.

They may be young, but they know the truth.
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/03/08 12:22 AM
Hey K & Brig!

Yes, I've been worried and came close to calling the Police. But I'm hoping it has ended now. Going to check on her in a min. We have a code to get in our house and due to the nurses coming in the back door (via garage) when we moved in - we NEVER locked the door. She has been locking the door. That is a sign that she is scared. Anyway, I think it will pass but I will not hesitate to call or to go home. My sis, brother and friend have offered to step in if she needs help.

K - your sis has a lot more babies to come???

Brig - Show it to your D who is pregnant. She has NO idea what she is in for - LOL

I'll let you know if Chuckie responds. I hope not. It was not my intention.

Barb
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/03/08 12:26 AM
Happy: Yep, I will get my third and that's it. She was worried this morning about $ as she went out job hunting. I just said "Look - you are my daughter. I have raised you to be responsible and to become independent. But what happened this week is NOT your fault. And you KNOW you will not starve - I will feed you. Or sleep in a box - because I will give you this nice place to live. But you will work for the rest of the things you would like. We don't turn our backs on family".

Ash sees her Dad app 2 hours a month. Ryan a bit less. Brandon almost never. And that's the way it is! But I have a great R with all 3 and KNOW who got the better life.

Barb
Posted By: Briget Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/03/08 12:28 AM
Hey Travelbarb,

When did you say you were coming to my neck of the woods?

LOL D who is pregnant is so in La La Land.
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/03/08 03:02 AM
I will be in Florida Nov 1 to 16 and Feb 10 to Mar 6. Wanna visit WDW?

Barb
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/03/08 04:43 AM
Oh no My sis is done, She just turned 40 but she is done, I meant she has a lot of well "stuff" to come lol my niece already drives her batty at 13 lol
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/03/08 01:30 PM
K: Raising a girl is nothing like raising a boy. Some might disagree (like my friend with the 18 year old son who is constantly in trouble). My Brandon was a breeze to raise. Ashley has been DIFFICULT. Neither is bad. Both are wonderful. But Ash is more like me. Jumps from one crazy thing to another - LOL. Bran is the most laid back guy. Sensitive and caring. God gave me such a gift when I had him. In fact - I think "Matthew", his middle name means "gift from God". When he was born I wanted a girl. Chuck was acting up (big surprise) and flirting with a girl at work (who knows if there was something up but no doubt it was likely) and I remember telling him I wasn't coming home from the hospital. And telling him I wanted to try once more for the girl. The stress that followed was horrible. YUCK - that was 26 years ago. In the months that followed he was depressed, nasty (once told me I looked like a cow when I was breast feeding). He made 3 serious suicide attempts and ended up in the psych ward. He threatened my life on several occasions.

Hmmm... suppressed memories. Not sure why that just came out but I don't think it hurts to write it down once in a while. Makes me more sure of the man I am with now.

What a way to start Friday.

Changing the subject.

Barb
Posted By: 3K451 Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/03/08 01:36 PM
Barb, just a quick drive by.

Yes, girls are definitely a challenge to raise, aren't they? I chuckle at it now, but we used to call the house an "estrogen pit." I'd howl in laughter when the ex would come home to five women and say that. Some might find that rude or mean, but I "got" what he was saying. I did feel sorry for him when all of us were PMSing or kvetching cause he couldn't even find sympathy from the dog who was also female.

Barb, I'm sorry that Chuck called you that when you were breastfeeding. What a poptart head!!!
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/03/08 01:37 PM
OK, it is Friday. And it is VERY sunny in cottage country. So sunny in fact it was blinding when I got up. It is COLD out there though (40F!) so I had my coffee inside, not in the gazebo and put the furnace on. It is sunnier at present since the blinds are down due to the ongoing wallpapering. Boy - the windows need to be cleaned! Another thing on my TO DO list.

I am happy to be here. Josh should be coming up tonight though he warned me that he is swamped at work as he is finishing up this year's project. It is possible he will not drive up tonight but wait till morning. He knows I am swamped here and hope to close up if possible for the season. He has offered to help me finish the wallpapering.

I miss him. Realized it when I woke up this morning. He is a cuddler. It is so nice to feel the presence of someone you love when you are waking up. Having that hand resting on you. Chuck did not sleep like that. Yes, the sex was great, but there was so much bad blood between us that the intimacy was not great. Josh and I have no "bad stuff" so there is always a feeling of comfort and caring.

Talked to Ash last night. She is fine. She is going away this weekend to Toronto to Nick's dad's place. Nick is the guy she broke up with 2 months ago. They are still good friends. Another guy friend is going as well. This will be good for her.

It has been a crazy, exhausting week. I have wasted way too much time on the computer. I think we all kind of "lost it" at times. I wrote some things in places that I wish I didn't. I just want to get back to life and back to happy times.

So - here's to starting fresh. TGIF!

Barb
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/03/08 06:07 PM
Hey Barb
sooo dumb Q I guess. You dont go to your cottage in the winter? too cold? Is there things to do there in the winter though? Do others go? as you can see I have NO experience in cottages! lol

Do in cuddling tho! and my cuddler and I are taking off for a nice romantic weekend up to Pismo, I am ready to get out of this heat and relax!!

Have a great weekend!
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/03/08 06:48 PM
Hey K!

Sounds like many of us are going "Up North" this w/e. You, Jilly, Donna, me. FUN!

I have been to the cottage in winter, though I'm not a "Winter" girl at all! (Hey - there used to be a poster called WinterGirl on MLC forum when I started and I met her in Tampa. Very nice person!). But I digress.

Most cottages here (mine included) are seasonal. The water lines are not heated. When it starts to freeze at night (like around this time) we have to shut the water systems down. So that means no running water. No toilet. No shower. Yep! As well, the drive in is not plowed. My cottage drive is at the top of a big hill (I call it a mountain in winter). There are several cottages on the drive. So usually I have to park at the bottom of the mountain and truck everything in on a toboggan. YEP - this girl who gets hives just thinking about the cold. SO, we have to bring in even water! It is DOABLE but to me - like being on Survivor! LOL!

And there IS much to do. I have a huge frozen lake in front in winter and it is like a freeway with SkiDoos. Some skaters. Lots of ice fishermen. Eric Lindros (and maybe Kate Hudson now that she is with him) ice fishes right in front of my place. My kids LOVE to snowboard and toboggan. I use the toboggan to get down the hill if I have to go to the store. (I feel like Heidi). So - I have done it. Mostly for the kids. I do have a forced air propane furnace and that helps but the electric blankies are a GodSend.

It is cool today but I turned the heat off for a bit while I papered. Got 11 pieces up so far. Taking a lunch break.

Josh has to work late today and tommorrow. He only works on a Sat about twice a year. But this is it. He is coming up after work tommorrow. I told him not to because it is a long drive for one night. But he insists. Told me because he is working he will add an extra day to Florida and we can go to Mickey's Merry Christmas Party (now don't laugh, but I LIKE it).

So, I'll get more work done anyway. I moved the stove myself and that wasn't a big deal so the room is really taking shape now. I just want to FINISH!

Anyway, sun shines on the pretty leaves and sparkles on the water. It is SO pretty. I will venture into town in a bit to treat myself, get a few groceries and take some photos. Maybe I'll see a moose. I always look for deer, bear and moose. And once in a blue moon I am rewarded.

Barb
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/04/08 03:00 AM
Hey Barb
Have a good one!
Ya know I was thinking how years back on fri or sat. nights, we would have parties on your thread , remember playing some game once too. It kept us busy and helped us not feel so alone, since our ex were gone, it was still early in the process for us, most of our friends were home w/ their families.

Now look at us! well ok so we are both still alone on Friday night LOL but our guys are comin up in the morning for a nice weekend! Isnt it amazing how life changes? ups and downs, and I do believe we needed to experience the down before we could really appricate what we have now! For me anyway , so it wasnt all a bad thing.

Ok off to watch Survivor which I tivoed!! are ya watching this season? I'm watching that and Amazing Race, catch DWTS here and there but not religiously and cant wait for Bach!!!
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/04/08 03:04 AM
Karen:

I LOVED those parties. Was often asked to host them because - as you say - many of us were in the same boat - home on a Fri or Sat night. But we've come a long way baby!And I totally agree - if we hadn't weathered those downs - we might not appreciate the wonderful guys we have in our lives now.

I caught a bit of Survivor the first night but I was in Iowa and trying to watch Gray's Anatomy too. What is DWTS? And I'm a Bach whore. Gotta love it!

Barb
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/04/08 03:05 AM
OK, I got it before the post even got here. Dancing with the stars. I don't watch it. Chuck took maggot to the live show. I don't watch what I know they watch. I really like "So you think you can dance" and now we have the Canadian version on tv. One of my former students (Ashley's duet partner) was on! I was quite proud to see her on there.

Barb
Posted By: whatisis Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/04/08 03:26 AM
Hey, how about a show all our S's can enjoy, "So You Think You Can Cheat" or "Dancing With The Other Guys Wife" or ....
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/04/08 03:36 AM
Whatisis:

That's funny! I wish we could just throw all the cheating people and OP into a pit. A pit of snakes. OOPS - I'm being nasty again.

What show do I think they all belong on "The Biggest Loser". My H would win!

Barb
Posted By: whatisis Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/04/08 03:40 AM
Hey, it could be our version of Fear Factor, we'll call it Faithless Factor...and I like the Snake idea.
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/04/08 03:59 AM
Snakes are my greatest fear. Something I have not overcome. As one of my post bomb recovery tactics I took a trip to the Amazon and stayed in the jungle for 9 days. To step outside of my box and face my fears. Never saw a snake! Not disappointed.

It sometimes bothers me more at the cottage. WE split here. He had maggot here before I knew about her. She left her "calling card" - she dropped a theatre receipt for 2 at the movies, night of our daughter's 13 birthday. She left 2 wine glasses in the dish rack. And she relined my stove burners. Made my daughter's bed up perfect. Left the dried flowers on the coffee table. H knew you couldn't do that - the kitty would eat them.

Stuff a wife would be able to pick out. Kind of like Sleeping with the Enemy - kind of creepy.

Oh well, I am brave to be here alone and face those fears too. I have got passed it.

Barb
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/04/08 03:23 PM
Quote:
DWTS?

is Dancing w/ the Stars
I will watch it but not in love w/ it enough to take the time the whole 2 seconds it takes to tivo it lol

yessss Bach and its our Jason, the lil cutie pie! hope he stays sweet

ok must get dressed! HAGD!
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/04/08 06:03 PM
When does it come back K? I LOVED Jason. Sure think she made a MAJOR boo boo in choosing snowboard dude over hottie Jason.

Barb
Posted By: LL44 Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/05/08 04:03 PM
Quote:
Snakes are my greatest fear.

My neighbor has 3 snakes as pets. O.M.G. I am terrified of snakes, but my daughters LOVE them, especially D6. She holds them, walks around with them around her neck (calls 'em her 'snake scarf'). I have now held all 3 snakes, and wore them around MY neck, althewhile tinkling in my pants a little. \:\)

The other day, D6 said "Mom, I am so proud of you for trying something new". Yup. Worth the tinkle.

Wanted to comment on your comment on another thread. I really am thinking now, that like you, this divorce is worth the heartache. The paper gathering, the appt making, the assisting lazy H to do his part, the financial terror that is drowning me at the moment. All worth it.

I am so sorry about your triggers at your cottage. Triggers definately hurt less over time, but I think they will always cause a reaction for us, huh?
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/06/08 12:02 PM
Hi lwb:

My cottage is my "sacred place" - the best place in my heart. When ex took maggot there (before I knew about the affair for sure), it just ripped me apart. Still think of it when I look at my stove despite the fact I got a new one. But I don't let it stop me from loving my place. I am so thrilled that I spent so much time fixing it up this summer.

Good for you for trying to tolerate the snakes. I am just not good at it. I look at a photo of one and feel my skin crawl. You are a great example to your daughters.

It is much easier to say "it was all worth it" when the dust has settled as it has for me. Going through it was awful. My heart hurt, I was nauseous, I worried about my financial future, I worried about my kids' psyches - I just worried about it all.

But we are good. My kids don't seem to have turned out with more damage than anyone else's kids. We live in a nice house. I don't worry each month about how the bills will be paid. And for the record - ex stopped paying CS 5 months ago (again) so I've decided to let it go -not worth the fight and we're still good.

While DBing I had to wear rose coloured glasses. I concentrated on all the good in my ex, blocking out the bad. And in my situation - there was a lot of bad stuff. Most of it was his crazy behaviour - the man clearly had a lot of issues. But I did my best to make us a good family and help him through it. Hope she is doing better than me in dealing with his craziness.

D is done. Don't see or talk to the man any more. I am free. It feels great! Of course - it is always easier when your kids are older and more independent - still - little kids, little problems, big kids - big problems.

You will make it. You will be better when it is done too. I found it took about 3 months following the D to really start to feel free. But my mother died the same week as the D so perhaps that affected my recovery as well. I had 2 things to simultaneously grieve. But I got through it.

Hope this is a good week for you.

Barb
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/06/08 12:14 PM
Sunny Monday Morning!

Yes, a beautiful day is shaping up here. I got the cottage closed up! Josh was a great help. He didn't have much time - having worked on Sat. I ended up wallpapering more than I had planned to - was able to move the hutch alone. And made a nice roast pork dinner. He brought a Reisling and we ate soon after he came and then watched "What happens in Vegas". I'm not really sure what happens in Vegas (despite numerous trips there), because I slept through most of it. He laughed out loud a lot. Too much work or too much wine? Who knows.

Yesterday I summoned up the courage (and dressed WARM) and took the Seadoo out. It was COLD! Drove it to the marina where Josh met me and drove me back. We enjoyed the gorgeous autumn colours. It was peak colour w/e!

So much to do to close up. Cleaning. Emptying and cleaning frig and freezer. Cupboards of food. Put away all outdoor furniture on deck, beach and in gazebo. Solar lights and bbq winterized. Etc etc etc. He ended up doing most of the outdoor stuff while I attacked the frig, packed up my clothes etc. And now all that remains is a visit from the plumber who will also take out the dock. Brandon had done some cleanup and put away the canoe - so that helped.

I didn't finish the wallpaper but I did finish to a point that I know I have enough. That was the main reason I wanted to get as much done as possible. It will just be a day or two more and the springtime will be a fine time for that.

So I am content in knowing that I accomplished much this season. New bedroom carpet and bathroom laminate flooring. New bathroom cabinets and granite countertop, mirror and lights. New fan in living room. New white wicker furniture in my room. Sattelite dish and added tv in my room. New furniture in Ashley's room and Brandon's room now has mine. Fixed the falling retaining wall and put in new gardens that look great! Took down some towering trees, opening up the lakeview again. Painted my bedroom sky blue. I feel wonderful in achieving this much in just one summer!

Goals for next summer: 1. Finish wallpaper 2. New Frig 3. New wood floor for kitchen 4. New deck at dock with winch to remove and put in dock.

And now I need to start cleaning my house! I'm home for a bit - this is the time.

Barb
Posted By: The_Colorado_Bulldog Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/06/08 03:18 PM
Barb,

What's a guy gotta do to get a home cooked pork dinner from ya?!

If you like reisling(sweeter whites), you gotta try the demi-sweet French Colombard from Dry Comal Creek Winery in Texas. The Bulldog gives it two paws up! Google it. They might be able to ship it to Canada. No idea.
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/06/08 03:22 PM
Kev:

I LOVE your new thread. Bets on how long it will last? Some banned posters are quite enjoying it too.

Anyone who travels north to the cottage and DOES work - gets a homecooked wonderful dinner - guaranteed!

I'm going to write that down. I live in wine country (Niagara) but don't limit myself to any one region. Josh used to live in Texas - he'd be interested no doubt.

We're going to the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot in Nov. Could easily have it sent there.

I love sweet, dry, ice, late harvest - you name it - I'm a wine junky!

I'll let you know when I've scored a bottle for sure!

Barb
Posted By: The_Colorado_Bulldog Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/06/08 03:38 PM
Barb,

Hope you get to enjoy that vinted Texas gold someday. They have a good Sauv Blanc too. Haven't tried the reds but I imagine they are up to the task as well.

I won't place a bet on the thread. There's no reason to delete. Just some humorous fiction to bring a smile at the total absurdity, which is where I dwell. In the absurd. It makes laugh and makes the poopy stuff in life not seem so heavy.
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/06/08 03:45 PM
Laughter is the best medicine. I agree wholeheartedly.

Barb
Posted By: smith18 Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/06/08 10:53 PM
Barb -

You are such an inspiration for me to know that life goes on much better after a D.

I never totally bought into some of what MWD says about saving the marriage for the sake of the kids. You and your kids are a perfect example that contradicts that. I hope that my kids and myself follow in your path of success following a D.

I feel blessed to have both a boy and a girl like you. I will find out in the next 10-12 years which gender is harder to be a father for. I think they both are going to have unique challenges for me.

Do you think they will ever do a Survivor Canada? They should do it in the Yukon, Northwest Territories or Nunavat in July so they wont have to use any night vision cameras since it is always light. Make each tribe battle it out for mosquitoe repellant!
Posted By: FLTC Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/07/08 09:17 AM
Barb,

I read about the OW and your cottage. Ugh. My W.s parent had a house on Cape Cod. She told me I could visit it with the kids any time I WANT. Thanks, but how's never. Never works for me. As much as I loved that place (We went on our honeymoon there 22 years ago next week. The day BEFORE financial mediation). It does sound like you've found some serenity. Like me, you're a cynic. Whatever gets you through. I though smarmylawyerboss was a good name for the OM. You cut more to the chase with maggot. Love it. Pure, simple, unadulterated! OOPS. Bad word. Should be ADULTerated! Infidelity, along with bullies and religious zealots really top my list!

Buy my wine in a box these days. Quantity over quality.
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/07/08 12:51 PM
Thanks Kerry,

I am happy to know that my posts are appreciated. Makes coming back worthwhile!

I always thought the complete family was the ideal too. But being raised in the sixties/seventies that was the norm. Better to sweep it under the rug than let anyone else know that things inside your 4 walls were not peachy. My H suffered bouts of manic depression and my life at times was difficult.

I actually have 2 boys. My oldest, Ryan became severely brain damaged following a cold at age 4.5. I already had my second son, Brandon who was a baby. Years of tough times followed and the decision to have Ashley was difficult. But it was right for us, although I remember making H promise the M would last (we'd had some shakiness) and our baby cemented that commitment. Sigh...

Teens are difficult no matter what you do. No matter how great you raise them. This is where it can be very helpful to have her onside with you on important parenting issues and rules. I never shared custody. Ashley was turning 13 the week her dad flew. He did nothing to assist me following his departure. I did enable his visits (for both of their sakes) by driving he and her places as our M ended with a DUI. I have no regrets.

Funny what you posted about Survivor Canada. This morning a "Survivor" motel in town burned down. Never heard of it. There are mostly major hotel chains here. Surviving without running water at the cottage is as far as it goes for me. I do have the electric blankie, electric lap blanket, electricity etc. But in the frozen north - it would be a most dangerous Survivor. Finding food. Avoiding frostbite. YUCK - just thinking about it gives me the shivers. Still, beats snakes!

Have a good one, Kerry. I see your life getting better by the day.

Barb
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/07/08 12:58 PM
Morning FLTC,

Sounds like you're moving to a better place. Thought I'd mention that because change comes slowly and you might not even be aware of it. I had a lot of trouble losing the anger and I see that in you as well. The horror, hurt and unfairness of it all can eat us up. But if we slowly start to let some of that go by refocussing on what we have, not what we lost - life goes on and WILL be better.

It is easy for me to write that now. But it took me a LONG time to get to this point. And my ex never did a thing to make it easier on me. I thought he would somehow get through his MLC and maybe be my friend. HA! No chance of that!

A maggot is a parasite. Her real name is maggie. Notice I never capitalize it. I don't feel she's earned that place of importance or recognition in my life. I took some flack here on the bb for calling her that. But I feel justified and call a spade a spade. My kids call her that too. (Well, they used to, now they don't refer to her at all). My kids have NO relationship with her. Son met her the first day we learned of her and confronted them both. When she tried to take out a restraining order on him - he knew she was someone he wanted nothing to do with. She was unsuccessful but H went along with it. That was only one month after he left. Some dad!

People used to tease about box wine. But now I think they realize its not a bad idea. In fact, I have a nice box of Merlot in the kitchen right now. It stays fresher than opening a bottle for one. I couldn't drink a whole bottle myself.

So here's to Box Wine!

CHEERS FLTC - today is the first day of the rest of your life!

Barb
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/07/08 01:04 PM
Morning Friends!

Sunshine Day! We got some frost last night. Boo! But I'm working on winter vacation reservations. Yeah! It is supposed to warm up tommorrow.

Swamped with Catch Up stuff as I am finally home for a month. (On to Florida in Nov). Today I take Belushi to the groomer. He is so Knotty! And my lifelong best friend is on vacation so we're going to Red Lobster for lunch. Can you say YUM!

I need to hire a new cleaning woman. First I need to declutter a bit. My house is suffering from Miniature takeover. Adding 2 new dollhouses to the collection this summer has added to the confusion. But I am in my hobby glory. Still, every hobby needs control and mine needs a hand. So - I'll be working on that today too.

Life is good. I feel in charge of my world. I love my home. I love my kids. I love my BF. I love my pets. I love my dad, sibs, nieces and nephews.

Ahhh.... It's a wonderful life! LOL!

Hope you can find the good things in your world today. God only gave us one life - I plan to live mine the best I can.

Barb
Posted By: Kalni Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/07/08 02:15 PM
Barbie,
Thanks for posting to me. Kerry is right, you are an inspiration to us that are still struggling (a bit, not too much anymore, thank God). My kids are my only worry at the moment, still too young (same as Kerry's). Somedays I feel depressed about what they will face in the future, sometimes I think if I do my best it will be enough. Time will tell I guess..
Thanks again.
xx
K
Posted By: pammie Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/08/08 11:27 AM
Good Morning Barb
It has been forever since I have visited the board.
I see you are still Vacationing Barb and Josh is still your Ken.
You go Girly.
Wow the board has changed big time.
You were slapped on the hand every time you posted to Manisha.
Whats up with that?
In the old days we had to scream for a Moderator.
Now if certain people post to a certain person, they get slapped with that's a No-No.
Silly if you ask me.
I read you are getting ready to go to disney, next month.
Is this a working vacation? I know you have semi retired.
You will never really give up the dance school you created.
Hope all is well in your world.
Take Care
God Bless
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! - 10/08/08 01:42 PM
Hey Kalni,

Hugs! You are SO on the right track. If you put your kids' needs first - all will fall into place. For instance, I have been in a Post D relationship for 4.5 years. But we don't live together. I vowed never to move a man in until my D was grown and (hopefully) out of the house. D is now 20, probably in her last year at home and I have stuck to my word. And proud of it. And I KNOW it has been better for her.

So - do you have those Kudus running around your yard? LOL!

It all takes time. Time to heal. Time to learn what we want for ourselves. The thing is - once we get divorced, a new world opens for us.

My kids are turning out fairly normal. Not perfect - but better than most.

Take care,

Barb
© DivorceBusting.com