Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: Briget It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/08/08 02:38 AM
Hi all,

Lock monster got me.Well I had the house to myself for five and a half hours.I ate dinner in peace.Well sort of.Oscar my dog was staring at me the whole time.LOL

Had a nice quiet dinner.Pot roast,smashed taters,green beans and cornbread.And a nice cold Budlight.LOL

I put on some music.I got to listen to what I wanted without some teen telling me my music sucks.LOL

Got me a nice shower and I'm about to hit the sack.I'm so relaxed.Life is good.

Bonus I don't have to cook tomorrow!!!!!!

Have a good night.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: qoe100 Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/08/08 02:46 AM
Congratulations, Granny!!!

Sounds like you had a wonderful day.
Posted By: Trip Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/08/08 04:35 AM
That dinner sounds yummy, Briget!

I should do one up for myself.

Glad you had a good day.
Posted By: Survival_Goddess Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/08/08 04:45 AM
Congrats, Granma!

Mmmm. Pot Roast! Living alone I don't cook that so much any more. And so many of my friends are vegetarians I couldn't do that for a dinner party.

Nothing beets pot roast gravy!

woot!

SG
Posted By: Trip Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/08/08 04:46 AM
You are so right about that, SG!!! Gravy! Yummy!
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/08/08 04:50 AM
Hey No asked for a drink!! and didnt I lock your last thead? cool that means I get a drink!! Lemon Drop please!

and congrats again on lil Brooke Marie LOL
Posted By: Survival_Goddess Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/08/08 05:10 AM
I know, I love the roasted potatoes and carrots w/ the gravy. A good dish for when the weather cools off! It was 100 here today, so maybe in October! LOL!
Posted By: Briget Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/08/08 10:10 PM
You know whats even better!! Not having to cook the next day cause you made a pot roast the night before.

Just another awesome day.My managers boss must have had a talk with my manager about her behavior.Cause she has stopped it.I heard work that she was not going to be allowed to act that way any more.We have a high turnover of employees at my store.More than most.And restarants usually have a higher turnover than almost any other industries.

Well off to watch the game and listen to a band.LOL I'll end up shooting pool.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: Trip Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/09/08 12:42 AM
Right on, Briget! I am so glad for the improvement to your work environment.

What band? have fun!
Posted By: Briget Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/11/08 01:40 AM
Hi all,

Well so far this week has been good.D14 has my cold.Goodness is she whiny?whiney?.I have no idea where she gets that from.lol

Work is going good for me now.I have not been part of the drama for a while.That is awesome.She has a new person to bother.Mainly because she is no longer allowed to do it to me.They don't want to lose me.I warned them I was looking for another job since I no longer wanted drama in my life.I'm their most crossed trained employee.

D22 is doing well.She is getting big now.She was warned to put on some weight and boy has she.LOL I'm afraid it was a lot of junk food that did the trick.She has always been on the thin side.She is concidered high risk since she has asthma,and hypoglosima.(sp)and she has had to have a magnisium IV a few weeks ago.But she is taking a low dose every day.Hopefully that takes care of that.

S18 is still working.And sleeping on my couch.He is saving up for a car.As soon as he gets one he is going back to school.Well that is the plan.God I sure hope he does it.

The guy I went out with a few times and I have decided to remain just friends.I'm glad of that.And I'm glad it wasn't weird.That could have went in the other direction.

Well off to bed in a few.I have to get up at five.I'm not a morning person.As soon as these kids are all out of my house I'm getting a night job.I'm a night owl.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: Trip Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/16/08 04:59 PM
How are you doing, Briget?
Posted By: Briget Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/18/08 11:10 PM
Hi Trip,

Girl I'm doing good.Just enjoying life.I have been avoiding drama.My best friend is drama right now.She has been drinking a lot.So I have been avoiding her.She knows why.I know she is hurting right now.She broke up with her boyfriend.And she the type who believes she must have a man in her life to be happy.I know she is hurting right now.But she comes over drunk around my D14.And I can't have that.I plan on visiting her this weekend at her house to spend time with her.That way I'm still there for her.But she isn't bringing that around my family.

D22 is doing good.Still working.I don't know how long she will be able to do that.Her poor little feet are swelling up from standing on them all the time.Poor thing.

S18 is car shopping.I'm not to excited about it.But he does need a car.I'm one of those moms who get nervous when they get their first car.LOL

D14 is still moody.I find myself laughing at her.I don't recommend that.LOL That does not work.LOL

S20 is going to be a model.I never thought he would do this.But I gotta say he is a really good looking young man.And yes I checked it out and it is not a scam.They are paying him.

S23 is still living in NC.I miss him and wish they would just move home.But he is a grown up with a wife and all.I don't get a say in that.Booooooo Hoooooo

Work is work.Not much going on there.The managers are not getting along.So I just stay to myself.

I have a date this weekend.We haven't worked out when.I have to work this weekend.It's gonna be a meet up somewhere.I met him at work and don't know him well enough to have him pick me up at home.He is a really good looking man.Nice smile.

Well thats about it.Nothing to special going on yet.lol

I have tomorrow off.I'm enjoying a nice quiet night at home.I love that I don't have to get up tomorrow until I want to.

Have a good night.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: HappyToday Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/19/08 12:39 AM
Hi Briget,

You sound so grounded. I admire that you will not allow crap around your daughter. You are a good mom.

I didn't know your son lived in NC. If you go up to NC to visit your son, you'll have to stop in SC and have lunch with me or something. From Jacksonville, you'd have to take I-95 and depending on where he is in NC, you'd either stay on 95 or veer off to I-26 and then 77 - if it's Charlotte. I'm not near I-95, but and smack dab in the middle of 77 and 26. You have my email address. Thank goodness we signed up before the ban.

You deserve a day off. I hope tomorrow's good.
Posted By: Reincarnated Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/19/08 12:43 AM
Bridget - glad things are relatively drama-free! Have fun on your date....
Posted By: BethM Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/19/08 12:57 AM
Hey Brig,

Good for you! I hope you have a great time!

The kids all sound as if they're doing well. I'm sure that's a load off of your mind! You're a good Mom Brig and that's why they've turned out so good!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: Briget Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/19/08 01:18 AM
Happy,

Yup my son lives in Charlotte.He told me that they may come for Christmas.If he doesn't I'm going in the spring.I plan on taking the train.I once rode the train from here to Rhode Island.That was the best trip I have ever taken.I love riding trains.

Donna I will try to enjoy this date.He is really cute.He has the prettiest smile.His eyes crinkle when he smiles.

Beth I agree I have good kids.They sometimes make really huge mistakes.D22 running off and marrying that old f@cker.But she is facing that better than I would have.I think they turned out great just because they are great kids.I know for a while I wasn't a great mom.Thank God for family.But I'm on track now.When the bomb hit I fell apart.Putting the pieces back was a lot harder than I expected.

I'm so gonna enjoy my day off.I'm hitting the mall.I need new clothes.I haven't bought anything in a while.I might just buy myself a pair of boots.I broke the heel on my cowgirl boots.LOL Or I could give up trying to learn to line dance.LOL

And I'm gonna go look for a new job.(Again) I'm tired of the drama at work.

Tomorrow is going to be wonderful.I don't have to get up at five in the morning.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: Trip Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/20/08 12:25 AM
So, what clothes did you get? Tell!
Posted By: Briget Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/20/08 10:22 PM
I bought a pair of black three inch closed toe patent leather pumps.I saw them in red to.But I went with the black.Now I can look like I'm five foot 2 and a half.LOL

I have nothing to wear with them.And I couldn't find anything I wanted either.I want a new leather jacket.But it's not in my budget right now.

Date went very well.We went and saw a local band.They played old school rock.They were very good.We went out last night.I had to be at work by six so we only stayed til 11:00.I was very tired all day.We had made plans to go to dinner tonight.But I canceled.I'm tired.And I forgot to take anything out for D14.(Yes I know she could feed herself.)And I didn't want to set a pattern where I spend all my free time with him.We really clicked.I want to take this very slow.This one has all the qualities I like in a man.

He has one kids.A boy 14.No baby momma drama.He has a job.He doesn't drink.He had his first beer in years last night.He got a little buzz from that.So he didn't have another one.Thats funny!!! But hey I know he isn't a drunk.LOL

He is two months younger than me.And he seems like he is really happy.And you should see his face light up when he talks about his son.Siggggggggh.(thanks figgy) I wish my ex felt that way about our kids.

We are going to go to dinner tomorrow.He said he couldn't sleep last night because he was thinking about me.

The other day we had talked on the phone.I used up my minutes on my phone.So yesterday he had gone into my work.I wasn't there.He handed my D22 a card with minutes for my phone since I used them up talking to him.She gave them to me.Now all my coworkers know he likes me.They thought that was sweet.I did to.

I feel nervouse cause I'm not used to nice guys.The last few have been well less than that.

I'm glad I have examples of good men here on the board.Speaking of good guys where is C2H?

Well thats it for now.I have to come up with dinner for the kids.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: Trip Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/20/08 10:26 PM
I am so happy you had a good time! That was very thoughtful of him to get the phone card to you. Did you wear the pumps last night?
Posted By: Briget Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/20/08 10:32 PM
I didn't wear them last night because these are so special I just have to find the right outfit.I did see a black wrap dress in a jersey type material.However they didn't have one in my size.I'm short and this one was way to long on me.

I hate that.I couldn't have it shortened because it wouldn't look right.
Posted By: Trip Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/20/08 10:36 PM
I hear you on that! I am not exactly tall either and I have issues with too long of clothes often. Grrr!

The right outfit will come along. You will be a sex kitten in those shoes for sure!
Posted By: Briget Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/20/08 10:39 PM
I wish I had gotten the red ones to.
Posted By: Trip Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/20/08 10:43 PM
Go and get them! You will be glad you did.
Posted By: Briget Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/20/08 10:59 PM
Not in my budget.These were 120.bucks.
Posted By: Trip Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/20/08 11:16 PM
I understand. maybe next month?
Posted By: Briget Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/21/08 12:06 AM
Maybe by then they will be on sale.
Posted By: Trip Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/21/08 03:13 AM
Maybe! got to love a good sale!
Posted By: fig Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/21/08 03:25 AM
have you ever tried the petite stores

there is one around here that has all the same clothes only shorter!!!

I am round and short so...yuck

he sounds nice briget

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

i loooooooooooooooooooooove when they are nice and woooooooo us
Posted By: pat44 Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/23/08 04:51 PM
Hi Briget:

I love reading about your updates about your children.

Quote:
I will try to enjoy this date.He is really cute.He has the prettiest smile.His eyes crinkle when he smiles.

Guys that smile with their whole face - that is on my list too!

Quote:
He is two months younger than me.

And he is your age...

Quote:
And he seems like he is really happy.And you should see his face light up when he talks about his son.Siggggggggh

And a guy that loves kids....

Quote:
I feel nervouse cause I'm not used to nice guys.

I can see why! Does this guy have a single brother?

My other thing is how does a guy talk about his X. As in is there is a lot of anger and it is all negative - or has he let it go (sadness is okay - but cannot handle anger).

I am like you - have never paid $120.00 for shoes - can't handle paying full price for anything. I always wait for sales!

You sound great!

take care,
AG
Posted By: Briget Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/23/08 07:50 PM
Hi all,

So heres my thoughts about this guy.

He doesn't drink.He had his first beer in five years last friday.I wondered why he doesn't drink.I got my answer Sunday.His marriage was a train wreck because of their drinking.Lots of name calling and loud fights.He was a heavy drinker.Blackout and all.So five years ago he started AA.I wondered why he didn't drink.

I had no idea that is why he didn't drink.If I had known this friday I would not have wanted to go to see that local band.However I love to go see local bands.Never mind that I shoot pool and I like to have a beer or two when I do that.I don't want to give my hobbie of pool.If he wants to go thats fine.But if it is going to drink I would feel guilty.But then again he is a grown ass man.

Friday was proof that he will drink.Sunday he was out with me and didn't drink.Said he will not do that again.Don't know if that is true.But I don't want to be a bad infulence on him.

So what to do?How f@cked up would it be to stop seeing a guy because he doesn't drink? I hate red flags.However I'm not sure this is a red flag.But I just don't know about this one.I like him a lot.But I don't know how we would fit.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: fig Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/23/08 07:55 PM
My uncle is a recovering alcoholic

his wife...not so much

he says he is a grown up
and
he loves going to bars and listening to local bands
he is a drummer and plays in quite a few

i don't drink very much either (for real)

and there are many times that i am the designated driver for my friends because of that

don't feel bad if you want a beer
he doesn't feel bad that he wants a soda

have fun with him

i would say that he seems like a really nice guy and why not keep having fun with him?

if he starts preaching to you about how you shouldn't drink then i would worry

but would you not date him if he didn't like spaghetti and you did?

or if he was allergic to penicillian and you weren't
Posted By: Briget Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/23/08 08:03 PM
The issue isn't that he is recovered.But that he drank friday.That was the first time.

I'm just afraid that being around me will make him drink.I make him nervous.Shoot I'm 4 foot 11.How scary could I be.

By the way.I was eating spaghetti when I read your post.LOL
Posted By: fig Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/23/08 08:10 PM
hee hee

maybe he was trying it out

he decided he didn't want to

now he won't

you can't be a bad influence without his permission

so...i don't have a gallbladder so i can't really process greasy food...when i go out with my friends i have the choice to eat those onion rings and suffer later or pass

sometimes i eat them
sometimes i pass
sometimes i eat them when they aren't around

i used to smoke
i don't anymore
i have friends that still do
i have a choice to do it or not

i used to do drugs (way before kids back in the college days)...i decided that they didn't help my super depressed state
i stopped
did NA and all that
i went back and hung out with old friends

the desire was strong but i didn't do it
13 years later and i am still good wuithout them

he didn't drink Sunday
so it sounds like he is OK with his decision

by the way
my uncle occasionally has a beer
one
and then he stops

he says it is a test for him

sounds risky but it is what works for him
Posted By: Briget Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/23/08 08:13 PM
I sure hope your right.I like what I have seen so far with this guy.Of course I'm overthinking it.We have only been on two dates.LOL

I guess I'm just scared.
Posted By: fig Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/23/08 08:17 PM
for sure

we all feel that

its hard because what we thought we knew about stuff was turned upside down and 7 ways from Sunday when our exs bailed and tried to rewrite history

cautious is ok
in fact cautious is healthy

and
enjoy it
and
make him pick up the tab sometimes!!!
Posted By: pat44 Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/23/08 08:37 PM
Hi Briget:

Quote:
The issue isn't that he is recovered.But that he drank friday.That was the first time.

I'm just afraid that being around me will make him drink.

I noticed that when I read your post... It is a red flag... A flag that says proceed with caution - but not necessarily rising to the level of run away from him.

That being said - you cannot make him drink anymore than you can make him not drink. The decision to drink or not drink is his and his alone.

I guess this is that part you told me about - dating to get to know what it all means. You can circle all you want - but to get the answers - I think you are going to have to get to know him better. And the other variable is your own comfort level with this flag.

take care,
AG
Posted By: Briget Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/23/08 09:30 PM
Yeah I'm not gonna run.But I will proceed with caution.Since I'm not an alcoholic Idon't have experiance with that.I would think that if I was I wouldn't want to put myself in a sitch where I would be tempted.

I don't know.I think maybe I'm using this as an excuse.I have been hurt and don't want to be hurt again.What better way to avoid getting hurt than to just avoid having a relationship all together.

I know me well enough to know he could be flawless and I would find a reason to run.
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/23/08 09:38 PM
Hey Briget
The shoes sound sooo cute! I bet they are fun to wear!

I went out w/ 2 guys when I was dating who didnt drink. I was surprised, not one but two! Both were recovering
alcoholics , well one was, the other said he had just had it w/ drinking got him in too much trouble in the past.

I must admit, and I am not heavy drinker myself, a wine or two at dinner, maybe a tini, ( shut up Jill lol) but both these guys were absolutley ok w/ me drinking while I was w/ them. It was odd at first, one I went out with on/off 6 months, he would have a coke and I would have wine, and after a while, it was natural.

Also one of my BF H dosnt drink and sometimes we all go out as couples and it was odd at first but my bf said nooo hes fine.

I guess it is something they have decided they are going to do and they know they can not let others influence them.
Him drinking Fri. may be something for you to keep your eye open for. It seems there are some people who cant just drink a little.

You like him in other ways? Maybe like you said proceed w/ caution.
Good Luck , let us know!
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/23/08 09:42 PM
oh and C2 is fine. Busy Busy boy at work and w/ the kids, but fine and dandy
Posted By: BethM Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/23/08 10:34 PM
Quote:
I know me well enough to know he could be flawless and I would find a reason to run.

Brig,

Please don't make this a habit. You can't close yourself off. You'll just end up bitter and unhappy, that's not who you are. You're too special for that. Besides, you'll end up wasting years if you're looking for perfect. What is that anyway? I just want to caution you about thinking that all men have uleterior motives because that's just not true.

Just go out and enjoy yourself. There are lots of nice guys out there. Maybe if you got to know this guy better he might be a really nice guy. At the least it never hurts to have another friend.

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: pat44 Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/23/08 11:29 PM
Quote:
Since I'm not an alcoholic Idon't have experiance with that.I would think that if I was I wouldn't want to put myself in a sitch where I would be tempted.

My FIL was an alcoholic and a good friend from law school is an alcoholic. They were fine around alcohol. The way I understand it - at least in their cases - being around alcohol didn't tempt them. It was more about when they were facing stress or angst and they were tempted to use alcohol to take the edge off. Hopefully your "friend" contacted his AA sponsor to figure out what triggered him to drink. I know it is hard to accept - but it really is his problem that only he can handle. His choices with respect to drinking are completely out of your control.

Quote:
I don't know.I think maybe I'm using this as an excuse.

Thank you for posting about your fears... The rest of your post sounds like what I will probably post when I meet someone interesting. And you will have to steady me.

I guess it is time to take a deep breathe and take one step at a time and get to know him. You know you can run at anytime - as long as you know that you have a safety net right? So you can take that next step knowing you will have the option of running away - if he turns out to be all wrong. And if you get hurt - i will be waiting here with lots of ice-cream - or whatever your break up food is.

Now mind you, it is so much easier to tell you what to do - than do it myself! \:o

take care,
AG
Posted By: Briget Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/24/08 02:06 AM
Karen,Beth,AG,

Thank you.I promise not to run just because I'm scared.I guess when your hurt as bad as I was it's natural to be scared.I will not let fear run my life.Damn it!!!

I'm going to go really really slow.Watch for red flags as well as watch for the good that can come from allowing a good man to love me.

Ok I know this is premature.Hell it has only been two dates.Gotta slow the overthinking down a few notches.

I can handle this.Shoot I handled falling in love with my H.Having five kids,and getting my heart broken.I came out a better person for that.I'm a strong woman.I can handle this dating thing.God was it this hard when I was young? It sure didn't feel like it.But then again I wasn't the woman I am now.I don't think when I met H I gave anything a thought.I just went with it.Now that I'm older I don't think I will ever be able to do that again.That girl has turned into a woman.

I had a good day today.My best friend came over tonight.I haven't seen her in a while.I had stepped back from her.She is getting a bit out of control.She broke up with her boyfriend.This is a good thing since he was using drugs.She was hurting and I just had to be there for her.I made her dinner.Made her eat.Then we listened to music and played scrabble.Nice calm night.I'm hoping that she will see you can have a good time without all that drama.

I set boundries with her.No drinking,no boyfiend here,So we had sweet tea and spaghetti.

Well I'm off to bed.I have to get up early.Goodness I hate that.When is publishers clearing house gonna get here and give me ten million dollars.LOL

Have a good night.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: It's gonna be a girl!! - 09/24/08 03:14 AM
Quote:
well as watch for the good that can come from allowing a good man to love me.

Its sooo nice, beleive me, B is as opposite to my ex as can be, hes just a solid, loving, man, and I am glad I opened myself up to meet him. Almost didnt, almost quit! and you will too Brig, you are such a ray of sunshine! so funny and loving! The right man is gonna sweep you off your feet , the feet w/ the cool black shoes on them lol and you'll know why you had to wait till the right one came along!

You are very wise to take it slow. I think we should all do that w/ R. It took me a long time to trust B as much as I do, was always waiting for him to mess up!

Sounds like a fun night w/ your friend! See you are sooo loveable! \:\)
Posted By: Briget Lesson relearned. - 09/26/08 11:05 PM
Hey did you know that if you clean a 14 year old girls room it will piss her off?

I used to know that!!!!! but...

I forgot and cleaned D14 room.She was so mad that I touched her stuff!!!! LOL

I warned her that if she didn't clean it I was gonna.It took me four flippin hours to do it.And did I get a thank you? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I got yelled at!!!!!! So I shipped her off to my sisters for the weekend.My sister has two little kids.Hee Hee!! I'm bad.LOL

So I got a clean house and some peace and quiet.

My mom is coming for the weekend tomorrow.I'm not looking forward to it.I was not raised by her and I do not have a good connection with her.But my sister who is her caretaker needs a break.I know this sounds mean.But I was raised by foster parents and really don't have good feelings towards her.I'm doing this for my sister.

My kids have a connection with her so they will enjoy it.Me I have to bite my tongue the whole time.You know it is kinda hard to take parenting advise from her.

So wish me luck I survive this weekend.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Lesson relearned. - 09/27/08 01:13 AM
Hi Briget,
I refused to clean my D's room as a teen. But.....she wasn't allowed to leave the house, talk on the phone or have anyone over if it wasn't cleaned every Tues. Took a few weeks before she figured out I was serious but it finally got through.

And.....trust me, I know about having to bite your tongue around "the mom." But.......try to have a happy and peaceful weekend anyway, OK?
Posted By: Briget Re: Lesson relearned. - 09/27/08 01:38 AM
Usually I let her room be hers unless it is drawing bugs.But since my mom has to sleep in her bed I really needed it to be clean.

It looks like I may not have to have my mom here.My sister was suppose to come here and show me how she was going to get her up and down my apartment steps.She was a no show.My apartment has 15 steps up to my apartment.I think she can get up them.I don't know how we will get her down.She uses a walker to get around.

I have to be at work by six in the morning.She damn well better not drop her off while I'm at work.No one will be at home until I get home.I really don't think she would do that.

I really don't want to do this.But I feel like I have to help my sister.It's pure guilt.I wasn't raised by her.And don't really feel like she is my mother.I know that sounds cold.My sister is different.I just can't make myself feel like that.She can.And she can't or won't understand why I can't.I'm the oldest and I remember what it was like.Her memories are a lot different than mine.I remember the abuse.She doesn't.This is going to be harder than she knows.I have been on my own since I was 16.I ran away from my last foster home and she stayed.She finally connected with our mother.I moved out of state.I was gone for over 15 years.

O well I will try to make this weekend work.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: pat44 Re: Lesson relearned. - 09/27/08 05:15 PM
Hi Briget:

I noticed your thoughts about your mother.

I don't know if any of this applies to you - my R with my mother is somewhat stressful - and that is an understatement... There was a time when I expected things from her that she was simply incapable of giving. I finally have gotten to the point where I can be civil and even nice for limited periods of time but expect nothing from her. And on the flip side - she continues to expect things from me - that I don't want to or am incapable of giving myself.

I am also the oldest too. My sister takes care of my mother - she lives with my sister. My sister is five years younger - her interactions/memories with my mother are a little different from mine. My brother is 8 years younger.

My sister also gets tired of my mother treating her the way she does and when she needs a break - she tries to draw my brother or myself into dealing with her. I have been to C and set boundaries. My brother and sister have not - cannot set boundaries with her - and get angry with me at times... Gotta love dysfunctional families...

My goal with my mother is a lot like DB'ing. I built up my own self esteem so her barbs no longer hurt. I detach. And everything I say to her is with the goal of descalating conflict - part of it is tongue biting... It helps that I have depersonalized her comments - they are what she needs to say. As long as I don't challenge her - she is fine. She really could care less about what I think of her comments. It is about her and having to be right. And her being right typically involves her being right about what is wrong with me...

Now that being said - I cannot handle being around my mother for long periods of time. There are too many triggers and too much history. I eventually start to feel bad about myself around her b/c she knows all of my triggers and eventually it does wear me down.

I hope you don't come home to find your mother at your place and are able to enjoy and relax in your clean and quiet home this weekend.

take care,
AG
Posted By: BethM Re: Lesson relearned. - 09/27/08 05:53 PM
Bridget,

Seems to me as if your situation was totally different from what AG suggests. You probably never even bonded with your birth Mom. That makes it hard right there.

Don't feel quilty Sweetie. I would think that a weekend visit would hardly need the added pressure of setting boundaries. You're strong and kind. You can do anything for a weekend.

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: Briget Re: Lesson relearned. - 09/27/08 08:27 PM
Thank you AG and Beth,

I did bond with my mother.I was in and out of foster homes for most of my teens.If DCF had known about it when I was younger I would have been put in a foster home earlier.My mother was mentally ill.We don't know what it is.But I think now that it was post partum depression.She had six children.The first three 13 months apart.

She would sleep all day.Literally 18 hours a day.So I was on my own to get dressed and fed.I got myself to school.So it is a weird bond.I really feel a detachment from her that is unhealthy.But I can't bring myself to work on that.I don't think I ever will.

But I got lucky today.My D22 is going to go stay with her.I'm off the hook.And D14 has a sleepover.I have my nice clean apartment to myself.

I have a date tonight.Going to go see a movie.NG is starting to look really good.He is so sweet.So far the only red flag I had was that beer.

He is into health food and Yuck exercising.We took our dogs to the park for a hour after I got home from work.Ummmm thats usually my nap time.LOL

Have a good night

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: Lesson relearned. - 09/27/08 09:22 PM
Brig
I'm sorry that your R w/ your mother is strained.

You are such a wonderful woman and terrific mother yourself, and I know it must be hard on you at times.

What a great life you built for yourself though!
I am glad you NG is growing on you! nice and slow wins the race lol
have a great time tonight, tell us about it

AND
I had to LOL when you said walking the dogs was your nap time, I can soooo relate to that thinking! LOL
Posted By: BethM Re: Lesson relearned. - 09/27/08 10:37 PM
OMG Brig,

That is so sad. That makes the fact that you are who you are even more amazing. Even more amazing is the fact that you've come through this so well. Look around, some people spend their whole lives blaming their parents for the sins of the past, never taking personal responsiblity, because it's always someone else's fault. Inspite of it all you are a great Mom with a very big heart.

In comparison I had an easy life, so I have so much admiration for what you've done with your life!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: Lesson relearned. - 09/27/08 11:47 PM
Quote:
so much admiration for what you've done with your life!

DITTO DITTO DITTO!
Posted By: Briget Re: Lesson relearned. - 09/29/08 12:57 AM
Ya'll are awesome! Thank you for the kind words.

So new guy called me his girlfriend today.I see him almost every day.He came to my work to give me a ride home.I live less than 500 feet from my job.LOL It only takes me 3 minutes to get home if there is no traffic.And I walk.LOL

I'm kinda freaking out about this.It is going way to fast for me.But I did tell him I wanted to go slower.He agreed.I'm still scared.I hate that I'm like this.I guess there is still some healing to be done from the stupid stbx.Damn it.

I'm having a good day today.Life is still good.I am enjoying the attention I'm getting from this guy.It does feel good.

He is a nice down to earth man.S18 met him day before yesterday..He likes him.Gave me permission to date him.LOL

Well off to bed.I hate work.But yet I get my ass out of bed everyday at five and go there anyway.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Lesson relearned. - 09/29/08 02:38 AM
Briget,
You deserve someone to adore you!!! I'm glad he's willing to go at your pace. I'm in snail mode as far as the possibility of ever getting married again.

And........it's always a good thing if your son like him. They're pretty protective of their moms.
© DivorceBusting.com